HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Goalies On The Move In The Off-Season

Old
05-08-2012, 12:28 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Devils: will get a young keeper and groom them. Hedberg isn't a bad 1A option paired with someone else.

Islanders: Poulin is the goalie of the future. Nilsson in the pipeline as well.

Toronto: Voukoun to go with Reimer or acquire Luongo

Florida: if it's not broken don't fix it. Theodore & Clemmensen working. Maybe give Markstrom a full year in the minors or 20-25 games with Theo and move Clemmensen.

Tampa: Kipper, Luongo or Vokoun. Maybe Torkoski (SP) splits 15-20 games?

Winnipeg: Pavelec is the real deal.

Washington: Holtby & Neuvirth as 1A/1B tandem.

Chicago: Wanna see more of Salak. Injuries and wasn't given enough of a chance. Otherwise could see Kipper

Columbus: draft a goalie. They're miles away from contending (2-3 years). Draft someone like a Subban and bring em up in 2-3 years.

Colorado: Varlamov.

Edmonton: Dubnyk. Bring in a vet like Roloson to help him out even though you still have Khabi on the books.

San Jose: Niemi is the #1 unless they feel otherwise.

EDIT: Could probably throw Harding in the mix to Columbus, NJ, SJ and Tampa. Maybe Washington as well if they want to go in a different direction than Neuvirth. Also some interest in Al Montoya should be there.
He was given a very good chance. He didn't show to be much better than Emery in training camp and he was awful in Rockford. It didn't help matters that he supposedly threw a couple hissyfits while in Rockford.

Salak won't be back in NA next year. He'll very likely head back to Europe.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hendog View Post
I could really see the Flames trading Kipper this off season especially if they get a younger goalie who has been inconsistent recently but has potential back in the deal (for example Crawford) and a decent prospect (for example McNeil)

Kipper isn't getting any younger and the Flames need to get some value out of him via trade well they can
Joakim Norstrom is a "decent" prospect. Mark McNeill is a very good prospect.

Either way.. I don't see Chicago adding an aging, big-money goaltender.. especially not at the expense of one of their top prospects.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:30 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
He was given a very good chance. He didn't show to be much better than Emery in training camp and he was awful in Rockford. It didn't help matters that he supposedly threw a couple hissyfits while in Rockford.

Salak won't be back in NA next year. He'll very likely head back to Europe.
That is absolutely false

He outplayed Emery badly in camp/preseason but Emery got job because of the "Vet factor"

And he was off and on injured in Rockford ,, It was a throw away year basically

Emery should never have made the Hawks if things would have been judged by abilty/performance

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
Joakim Norstrom is a "decent" prospect. Mark McNeill is a very good prospect.

Either way.. I don't see Chicago adding an aging, big-money goaltender.. especially not at the expense of one of their top prospects.
Flames will take Crawford and Frolik off your hands if you include McNeil... come on... cap hits are almost identical then and the Hawks can make a run for the cup in 2013 with a solid goaltender

The Hendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:40 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is absolutely false

He outplayed Emery badly in camp/preseason but Emery got job because of the "Vet factor"

Emery should never have made the Hawks if things would have been judged by abilty/performance
Really? Detroit's pre-season team exposing his awful glove hand says otherwise. Salak had to be significantly better than Emery to win the job over him, he simply wasn't. I'm not saying Emery was good and I'm not even saying Salak wasn't better.. but he had to steal the job from Emery and he didn't do that.

Then he went to Rockford and was outplayed by a guy who started the year in the ECHL...

Old
05-08-2012, 12:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Flames will take Crawford and Frolik off your hands if you include McNeil... come on... cap hits are almost identical then and the Hawks can make a run for the cup in 2013 with a solid goaltender
I'm 100% positive the Hawks would rather keep McNeill than get rid of Frolik.

The Hawks were a goal away from beating the Canucks last year with Crawford in net.. they aren't ready to give up on him quite yet.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:43 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Quote:
Not worth adding McNeill, IMO. Crawford, Frolik and a 2nd or not one of our best prospects.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:45 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
I'm 100% positive the Hawks would rather keep McNeill than get rid of Frolik.

The Hawks were a goal away from beating the Canucks last year with Crawford in net.. they aren't ready to give up on him quite yet.
And they got some very very inconsistent goal tending from him this year and eliminated in the first round - my back is broken Emery took the starting job away from him this year! Not exactly a good sign or a confidence builder for a goalie who isn't exactly young anymore

Old
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Not worth adding McNeill, IMO. Crawford, Frolik and a 2nd or not one of our best prospects.
So Crawford, Frolik and 2nd in 2012 for Kipper?

Not happening - I am certain the Flames can get a better offer from many many other teams

Flames are looking for good prospects so unless you are willing part with those - no kipper

Old
05-08-2012, 12:52 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
And they got some very very inconsistent goal tending from him this year and eliminated in the first round - my back is broken Emery took the starting job away from him this year! Not exactly a good sign or a confidence builder for a goalie who isn't exactly young anymore
At what point did Emery steal the starting job from Crawford? How many games did Emery start in the final 20? How many did he start in the playoffs? Emery had a couple hot streaks and got playing time because of it. Obviously Crawford was inconsistent this year, the entire team was inconsistent.. especially defensively.. that doesn't mean they're going to give up a top prospect to get an improvement when he showed just last year how good he can be, consistently.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:53 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
So Crawford, Frolik and 2nd in 2012 for Kipper?

Not happening - I am certain the Flames can get a better offer from many many other teams

Flames are looking for good prospects so unless you are willing part with those - no kipper
I didn't see any Hawk fans asking for Kipper...

Old
05-08-2012, 12:56 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
That is absolutely false

Look, I don't pretend I know a thing about Salak or any Chicago prospect, but the mere fact of the Emery extension does hint that Salak's role in plans for next season isn't going to be huge.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
At what point did Emery steal the starting job from Crawford? How many games did Emery start in the final 20? How many did he start in the playoffs? Emery had a couple hot streaks and got playing time because of it. Obviously Crawford was inconsistent this year, the entire team was inconsistent.. especially defensively.. that doesn't mean they're going to give up a top prospect to get an improvement when he showed just last year how good he can be, consistently.
Alright solid points - but I think Emery played far more games than anyone expected he would this year. I just think Chicago needs a more consistent goalie to put them over the top next year and I want that to happen bad! A healthy Toews for the whole year and some more consistent play from a solid D core coupled with a new goalie that stabilizes that position = solid cup contender. How they get this goalie is obviously up for debate however I don't think free agency is the way to go with this years crop of UFA goalies.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Alright solid points - but I think Emery played far more games than anyone expected he would this year. I just think Chicago needs a more consistent goalie to put them over the top next year and I want that to happen bad! A healthy Toews for the whole year and some more consistent play from a solid D core coupled with a new goalie that stabilizes that position = solid cup contender. How they get this goalie is obviously up for debate however I don't think free agency is the way to go with this years crop of UFA goalies.
They need Crawford to be solid, not spectacular. If Crawford can return to from a bit, post a sub 2.45GAA and a .910+ SV% then that will be more than good enough. The biggest thing the Hawks need to improve is their defensive play and their specialty units.. if both are as bad as they were this year, it won't matter who's in net.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
The Hendog

Quote:
They need Crawford to be solid, not spectacular. If Crawford can return to from a bit, post a sub 2.45GAA and a .910+ SV% then that will be more than good enough. The biggest thing the Hawks need to improve is their defensive play and their specialty units.. if both are as bad as they were this year, it won't matter who's in net.
Agreed and if they can't get that... a goalie who can steal some games would be amazing!

Old
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Agreed and if they can't get that... a goalie who can steal some games would be amazing!
It would be nice.. just not worth Mark McNeill or any other top Chicago prospect.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Mister Hockey

Hedberg back to the Pens.

Mister Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If the Flyers need cap space, you guys can have Bobrovsky. No point holding onto a back-up whose cap hit is close to $2m when you're pretty much forced to have Bryz as your #1
I really think that the Flyers won't move Bob unless They get very good value for Him. He's under contract next year @ $ 1.75 Million and is an RFA after that.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:45 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
If the Flyers need cap space, you guys can have Bobrovsky. No point holding onto a back-up whose cap hit is close to $2m when you're pretty much forced to have Bryz as your #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
Devils: will get a young keeper and groom them. Hedberg isn't a bad 1A option paired with someone else.

Islanders: Poulin is the goalie of the future. Nilsson in the pipeline as well.

Toronto: Voukoun to go with Reimer or acquire Luongo

Florida: if it's not broken don't fix it. Theodore & Clemmensen working. Maybe give Markstrom a full year in the minors or 20-25 games with Theo and move Clemmensen.

Tampa: Kipper, Luongo or Vokoun. Maybe Torkoski (SP) splits 15-20 games?

Winnipeg: Pavelec is the real deal.

Washington: Holtby & Neuvirth as 1A/1B tandem.

Chicago: Wanna see more of Salak. Injuries and wasn't given enough of a chance. Otherwise could see Kipper

Columbus: draft a goalie. They're miles away from contending (2-3 years). Draft someone like a Subban and bring em up in 2-3 years.

Colorado: Varlamov.

Edmonton: Dubnyk. Bring in a vet like Roloson to help him out even though you still have Khabi on the books.

San Jose: Niemi is the #1 unless they feel otherwise.

EDIT: Could probably throw Harding in the mix to Columbus, NJ, SJ and Tampa. Maybe Washington as well if they want to go in a different direction than Neuvirth. Also some interest in Al Montoya should be there.
Do You really think that Poulin will be the Goalie of the future for the Isles? If I was Them, I really would go after a Bernier or Schneider, who is a sure thing as a future #1.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Aerial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
Winnipeg: Are They sold on Pavelec?
We're not just sold -- we've already paid in cash, torn up the receipt, stuck a bumper sticker on him and invited all our friends to come over to see.

It does sound like Chris Mason is on the move, though, if anyone's interested. He loved being here, but heavily hinted he's going to take one more crack at a job where he'd get more starts, like a #1b situation or a more regular back-up.

So if anyone needs a decent band-aid (35 y.o.) goalie who's a huge character / locker-room / team-leader guy, think 'er over.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really? Detroit's pre-season team exposing his awful glove hand says otherwise. Salak had to be significantly better than Emery to win the job over him, he simply wasn't. I'm not saying Emery was good and I'm not even saying Salak wasn't better.. but he had to steal the job from Emery and he didn't do that.

Then he went to Rockford and was outplayed by a guy who started the year in the ECHL...
Emery preseason

0-2 4.58 GAA / .813 Sv Pct

Emery also allowed brutal goals including this

http://eye-on-hockey.blogs.cbssports...94626/32401897

Salak preseason

2 games 1.96 GAA / .926 sv pct

And Salak was only reason Hawks were in that game vs Wings stopping 30/33 shots

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:14 PM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
I really think that the Flyers won't move Bob unless They get very good value for Him. He's under contract next year @ $ 1.75 Million and is an RFA after that.
I think the question in Philly is how do they get rid of Bryzgalov?
Another gift goal against in the first period tonight in an elimination game!
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry!
I see them sending their first round draft pick to any team willing to take him!

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
SnarkAttack
Registered Loser

Somebody please take Niemi. Please? Am I enticing anyone with my pitch? Sharks do need to address forwards and team speed, but Niemi (despite his numbers being average) forced the team to play differently with all of his rebounds.

Right now I'd trade him for a good 3rd line forward. Come on Columbus, the Sharks could stand to get some good players for overrated players.

SnarkAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:41 PM
zeus3007*

Khabiboulin is done as a starter, Dubnyk has proven that he at least deserves a shot to be a number one. That's all I can say for the Oilers.

Anyone need an ancient 3.5 million dollar backup? Anybody?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Harding and Vokoun are some good goalies that teams will be competing for this off-season. I'm curious if any team will be willing to give Harding a #1 job?

Billy Mays Here is online now   Reply With Quote