HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky

View Poll Results: Should the team move Dubi?
No, the NYR shouldn't deal him. 62 47.69%
Yes, the NYR should deal him. 68 52.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 500
No.

You don't trade a player after their worst season.

The Cap hit is, for now, a non issue. If it gets tight with our free agent after next year, then you can consider moving some guys around.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:50 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
i'm not allowed to vote in polls for some reason, but i don't see him being dealt. He had been steadily performing well for us up until this year and was a whisker away from getting a letter on his uniform. Its a shame he didnt perform to his contractual expectations this year, but i'm sure he'll bounce back some.

Another point would be that surely his stock is very low at the moment, and we wouldn't get much in return.
Rookie posters have to wait 90 days, I believe, to vote and do other things here.

05-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Nickmo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
but he would have definitely helped this series
He's not afraid to get in Ovechkins grill either.

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Dubinsky's being paid like a top six player, but has produced like a top six player one season in five. He's incredibly inconsistent, he's an indecisive mess in the offensive zone, and he has been every season aside from 2010-11. He's a good defensive forward and good team guy, but he's the team's weakest link right now. You can't pay a third line penalty killer $4.2 mill a season.

He should and likely will be dealt as part of a package for an upgrade on the wing. He still has some value despite his poor season. He will not be dealt as a salary dump.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:59 PM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Voted no, but if he's dealt in a package for a guy like Nash, I'll be fine with it.

Even if his production has been pretty terrible, his effort is always great, so I don't want to see him go unless we get a very good return.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:00 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I wont vote cause there is no undecided option..
here is how i look at it;

-Just about 5 years of constant inconsistancy.
-To high of a contract
-He is a great 3rd line player,thats it.
-Has heart and for some reason seems to be a solid fit here.
-Provides toughness and stands up for self and team.
-Has very good potential,but when will actually see it.

So with that,I dont know.A lot i like about the kid and alot I dont. To be honest,I think he needs a change of scenary.If NYR can deal him in a package(with out getting ripped off) for a Fwd or D-man,Im all for it.

I wouldnt lose sleep if he was gone.Year after year I barely notice him more often than not.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:09 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
I voted no. I would not deal him unless he had to go to sign Parise. Breaks my heart, but with great cap hits come great responsibility.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Dubinsky's being paid like a top six player, but has produced like a top six player one season in five. He's incredibly inconsistent, he's an indecisive mess in the offensive zone, and he has been every season aside from 2010-11. He's a good defensive forward and good team guy, but he's the team's weakest link right now. You can't pay a third line penalty killer $4.2 mill a season.

He should and likely will be dealt as part of a package for an upgrade on the wing. He still has some value despite his poor season. He will not be dealt as a salary dump.
I never get tired of this viewpoint. Player "x" is dumped on by a fanbase and in the same breath said fanbase expects the guy to fetch an upgrade in a trade....

Dubi is going nowhere. He had a tough year offensively, but is young enough to rebound. All of the "intangibles" are still there and he is still very solid on the defensive side of the puck. He's a contributor to the team that's been constructed, and that's all that matters.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
I never get tired of this viewpoint. Player "x" is dumped on by a fanbase and in the same breath said fanbase expects the guy to fetch an upgrade in a trade....

Dubi is going nowhere. He had a tough year offensively, but is young enough to rebound. All of the "intangibles" are still there and he is still very solid on the defensive side of the puck. He's a contributor to the team that's been constructed, and that's all that matters.
its not like Dubinsky is going to get you bobby ryan.

But if you do Dubinsky+++ youre going to make it hard to say no.

Rangers have enough assets to get anyone they want.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:24 PM
XLJ

No.

I think he will bounce back next year. A lot of people wanted to trade Del Zotto and Gaborik last year after bad seasons and Girardi the year before.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

If you can get a good return, or if you need to clear space for an upgrade, there is no question that you should deal him. If he's not playing in a top-six role, and we have better, cheaper options in the bottom six, then where does he fit? He's been the same player here since he first got called up. Flashes of brilliance, but mostly he just leaves you wondering whether or not he played that night.

If he had been drafted by the Avalanche and we signed him as a Free Agent, people would be screaming for his head on a daily basis. The amount of slack he gets because he's "home grown" is borderline insane. 20 point drop after a huge pay day. Beaten out for a top-six LW role by a rookie. Lost his spot as a primary PKing forward. Sure, you could hang onto him and hope he rebounds, but what if he doesn't? His trade value is shot, and you're stuck with another $4M 3rd liner.

If you can find a legitimate top-six forward, and need to cut Dubinsky's salary in order to fit him, I have no problem dealing him.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Above and Beyond

Would vote NO if I could. Dubinsky is a heart and soul player. He provides roster depth. Character, physicality, and scoring touch. He's a good team guy and he fits the system. One off season after progressing four straight? Throw him under the bus!

If he's traded in a package deal for a legit top 6 scoring forward, so be it. But for now, I'm happy he's a Ranger.

Above and Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:38 PM
TankLarkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
is he still employed by the team? umm yes
and NO.

i would love to know all the noobs who had threads ready to post last night about how this team should be blown up, or trade Gabs, is Richards a bust, Hank is over the hill... but had to hit delete after Richards scored?
I gotta admit... I didn't have any of the above written but I was writing a pissed off message about goal-scoring when Richards lit it up.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
I wont vote cause there is no undecided option..
here is how i look at it;

-Just about 5 years of constant inconsistancy.
-To high of a contract
-He is a great 3rd line player,thats it.
-Has heart and for some reason seems to be a solid fit here.
-Provides toughness and stands up for self and team.
-Has very good potential,but when will actually see it.
This year? Because production is not what determines whether or not you're a top-six player; being a top-six player is and every year prior to this one, he was a legitimate top-six player. Given that our team is not a very dynamic offensive team, his 40-50 points was very respectable. This year was a down year, but the kid provides a lot more than offensive numbers, is clearly well liked by his teammates, plays with tons of heart and intensity, is a strong PKer and physical player, stands up for his mates and is a part of our core. He's not a "third liner, that's it". He played like a third liner this year. He's a solid all around player who won't be out of place on any line and can certainly play in a top-six capacity when his game is going. He showed growth in every season until this ONE. He should be afforded the opportunity to bounce back.

24 goals and 54 points in 77 games last year.
25 goals and 66 points in 82 games this year for Brad Richards.

Brad Richards is an elite top-line center and Brandon Dubinsky is a "third liner, that's it". Dubinsky had an off year. You don't trade him while his value is at an all-time low unless it's part of a package/to make space for an absolute must-do deal. You give the kid a chance to prove he can bounce back to being a 50 point player and still providing all of the other good things he does. Yeah his offensive production dipped heavily (really just his goal scoring) this year, but he went from a -3 to a +16 and he racked up 207 hits, over the 141 he had the year before. He didn't everything he could to contribute, fully aware that he wasn't scoring as he should be. He also didn't see a lot of PP time and didn't get the same amount of top-six minutes he did in the past, so of course his production would dip. Obviously, he lost PP/top-six time BECAUSE his production was slipping, but it goes both ways. You give the kid a second chance. I have no doubt Sather and Torts know this. He will only go if he is asked for in a package for a player we can't pass up or if there is no other feasible way to make space for an acquisition we feel we must make.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
satrabyk

Ok you dont watch the games i guess. He was the best forward on the team last year and it wasent close. As much as people want to say Dubi is 1st or 2nd or 4th liner, the fact is he makes an impact in games and hes nice to have in the lineup. I would not trade a guy like that unless your something substantial. This is a problem we make far to often thinking the grass is greener on other teams. Dont just look at points and make this assesment, this is why you assumed a mediocore year last year, but the team didnt score and he did more than just get points. This year he started slow and never recovered. Next year he will prob get just as many points as whoever you trade him for and offer more than that player. Teams would love this guy and its for a reason.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Sayba

If he just scored 20 and had 40-50 points everyone would love him because he does everything on the ice. controls the puck, plays good defense, is physical, plays high minutes, can be used in any situation. This is not a guy you just throw away BC he had a poor scoring year. Do tired of the Dubinsky hate from some ppl, do you guys just read stat sheets?

Sayba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontStaal View Post
am I the only one who feels his intensity and pesty play/forecheck is missing from this series?
Couldn't agree more. We have absolutely no depth and a player like Dubinsky even in an off year is important in a grinding series like this one. It's utterly amazing, the one year all the so called big teams get knocked out of the playoffs(Pens, Hawks, Wings, Canucks, Sharks) and the cup is there to be plucked off, our G.M. does absolutely nothing at the trade deadline to fortify our team while Lamoriello adds Zdlicky and Pontakarovsky who have both contributed mightily to the Devils run thus far.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post

Are you really going to make this argument. What the hell did you think Drury point production per dollar was when he was here. Umm 7 mil for 50 points and PP time. Richards is getting 12 mil this year his point per dollar isnt exactly on par. If you watched the Rangers long enough there is not many players who have produced there contracts and the same around the league.

This is the first season hes been paid this money, he played like our best forward the last 2 or seasons before this. No one will argue hes consistency every game and in games are not always there but hes far from being any teams weakest link. The kid can create a play out of nothing, if you get what im saying. Few players can do this. Avery had the ability as well but im sure you will use that to say and look were he is. The point is, hes a good player to have and i as well as i hope most fans can think of much worse contracts now and more so the last 10 years. Il take him over Drury or Gomez even if he gets 10 points.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I think it is quite obvious, at least for me, that Dubinsky will be dealt in the offseason.

Guy has been given chances and chances and he can't take the next step and has actually declined. Its not that he's not given a good effort, he is, but he just isnt going to take it to the next level like we hoped with this team.

With players like Hagelin, Zuccerello, Kreider all stepping up, its time someone from the original core will be moved, and it will be him. There is a reason why he has been in trade rumors for the past 2 years.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:00 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
This year? Because production is not what determines whether or not you're a top-six player; being a top-six player is and every year prior to this one, he was a legitimate top-six player. Given that our team is not a very dynamic offensive team, his 40-50 points was very respectable. This year was a down year, but the kid provides a lot more than offensive numbers, is clearly well liked by his teammates, plays with tons of heart and intensity, is a strong PKer and physical player, stands up for his mates and is a part of our core. He's not a "third liner, that's it". He played like a third liner this year. He's a solid all around player who won't be out of place on any line and can certainly play in a top-six capacity when his game is going. He showed growth in every season until this ONE. He should be afforded the opportunity to bounce back.

24 goals and 54 points in 77 games last year.
25 goals and 66 points in 82 games this year for Brad Richards.

Brad Richards is an elite top-line center and Brandon Dubinsky is a "third liner, that's it". Dubinsky had an off year. You don't trade him while his value is at an all-time low unless it's part of a package/to make space for an absolute must-do deal. You give the kid a chance to prove he can bounce back to being a 50 point player and still providing all of the other good things he does. Yeah his offensive production dipped heavily (really just his goal scoring) this year, but he went from a -3 to a +16 and he racked up 207 hits, over the 141 he had the year before. He didn't everything he could to contribute, fully aware that he wasn't scoring as he should be. He also didn't see a lot of PP time and didn't get the same amount of top-six minutes he did in the past, so of course his production would dip. Obviously, he lost PP/top-six time BECAUSE his production was slipping, but it goes both ways. You give the kid a second chance. I have no doubt Sather and Torts know this. He will only go if he is asked for in a package for a player we can't pass up or if there is no other feasible way to make space for an acquisition we feel we must make.
Maybe that was a bit harsh..Also,are you serrioulsy comparing a con smythe stanley cup winner to dubinsky..you have to be kidding me.

First of all,he is crazy inconsistant! Yeah he had those point totals..but it was in spans where he would get hot for 10 games then dissapear for 20,if not more at a time...he never seems to come through when needed,his gaols are random and nothing impressive man.

Year after its the same **** with him..While players are growing he isnt,thats very obvious... Id love him here as a 3rd liner for 2.5 per...... He is not consistant and for a top 6 fwd ,he isnt close to making me happy there as a fan that is.

This is just my opinion.How I view things....In was never one to bash anyone on this club no mater what..the only ones i seem to be tough on are Dubi and mitchell..Down seasons or not i never wanted girardi moved or DZ or gaborik or whatever... but with Dubinsky,he just aggravates me.

also I have to say Staal is looking amazing...I have said he is over rated,well i dont take that back,fully,but the kid is damn good!

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
is he still employed by the team? umm yes
and NO.

i would love to know all the noobs who had threads ready to post last night about how this team should be blown up, or trade Gabs, is Richards a bust, Hank is over the hill... but had to hit delete after Richards scored?
I litteraly lol'ed.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayba View Post
If he just scored 20 and had 40-50 points everyone would love him because he does everything on the ice. controls the puck, plays good defense, is physical, plays high minutes, can be used in any situation. This is not a guy you just throw away BC he had a poor scoring year. Do tired of the Dubinsky hate from some ppl, do you guys just read stat sheets?
bang on, thank you and yes they must, cant watch the game for what it is. If feds contracts was bit higher what than, he has to go also.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Maybe that was a bit harsh..Also,are you serrioulsy comparing a con smythe stanley cup winner to dubinsky..you have to be kidding me.

First of all,he is crazy inconsistant! Yeah he had those point totals..but it was in spans where he would get hot for 10 games then dissapear for 20,if not more at a time...he never seems to come through when needed,his gaols are random and nothing impressive man.

Year after its the same **** with him..While players are growing he isnt,thats very obvious... Id love him here as a 3rd liner for 2.5 per...... He is not consistant and for a top 6 fwd ,he isnt close to making me happy there as a fan that is.

This is just my opinion.How I view things....In was never one to bash anyone on this club no mater what..the only ones i seem to be tough on are Dubi and mitchell..Down seasons or not i never wanted girardi moved or DZ or gaborik or whatever... but with Dubinsky,he just aggravates me.

also I have to say Staal is looking amazing...I have said he is over rated,well i dont take that back,fully,but the kid is damn good!
If anyone should eat there words its people complaining about Marc Stall. He has a bad concussion before the playoffs last year and it showed than and some of this year. But i have said when we was healthy before that he was arguably a top 10 d man in this league and come playoffs even back in his OHL days there is not many other than Chara i would want over him. I hope people realize this guy is untouchable for once and how good he is. BEcause he was like this before the injury and now has been even better than that. This series hes my MVP, last was Hank. And overrated are you out of you freakin mind. No one talks about him around the league as a top defender, if anyone a fan of this team watching what he does should be happy to have him. Jesus is it because he Canadian?

Old
05-08-2012, 02:07 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:

That's what separates a star players from 40-50 point players; consistency. He gives a consistent effort but he doesn't have the talent to put up points consistently. In the end, it totals out to 40-50 points a year. Him not being consistent game in and out doesn't make him less valuable if he CONSISTENTLY ends up in the 40-50 range. So far he has had ONE year where that didn't happen; lets make that the exception rather than the rule, eh? And comparing him to a Conn Smyth winner? If Richards was still 22, maybe that would be fair. My point is simply that Dubinsky's production JUST LAST YEAR was nearly as good as Richards was this year. That was all my point was. My point was, why wouldn't you give a kid who is capable of doing that a chance to bounce back? Why wouldn't you let him have a shot to prove he can still put up 50 points when your big new free agent splash barely put up 12 more the following year? Wouldn't it be more valuable to the team to keep Dubinsky's intensity, penalty killing, popularity among his teammates and overall feistiness (which we're missing in this series) AND have him bounce back to being a 50 point guy than to toss him away because he had ONE bad year and all of NY suffered from "what have you done for me lately" syndrome? I bet you he was making you PLENTY happy as a top-sixer when he put up 54 points in 77 games last season to LEAD the team in points (over Gaborik). So now he's had one bad year and he's "not even close" to making you happy in that role. Cool story.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerfan View Post
I think it is quite obvious, at least for me, that Dubinsky will be dealt in the offseason.

Guy has been given chances and chances and he can't take the next step and has actually declined. Its not that he's not given a good effort, he is, but he just isnt going to take it to the next level like we hoped with this team.

With players like Hagelin, Zuccerello, Kreider all stepping up, its time someone from the original core will be moved, and it will be him. There is a reason why he has been in trade rumors for the past 2 years.
Wow the reason is because teams are drooling at the chance to get him so they continue to ask of his availability. But unless its for a top line player he should not be dealt.