2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
04-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Yes, that's Wilkes-Barre Scranton. Maybe Crotts knows if any or all of those Russian imports are coming to play for Oakville next season. Igor Larionov is heavily involved in those kids coming over to the U.S.
I don't know but I'll see if I can find out. Stay tuned.

Old
04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
mike bowman

Hi ,

In theory you have to attend a regional camp and be moved on as one of the nest 7 forwards , 4 defense men or best goalie . There have been instances in the past where injury provisions have allowed a player to move forward without total participation in the camp . This being said the provincial team is usually composed mostly of players who are first round picks and are playing in the OHL next season . For your information I have posted below the names of the players out of the NOHA . Have a great day

The following players have advanced from the NOHA Camp to the Ontario Provincial Camp:
Michael Amadio – Sault Ste. Marie Bradley Bell – Sudbury
Jaren Bellini – Sault Ste. Marie Brandon Grandinetti – Sault Ste. Marie
Tanner Lafrance – Englehart Trent Mallette – Levack
Michael Muzyka – Garson Brendan Perlini – Sault Ste. Marie
Tyler Peters – Powassan Cedric Primeau – Sudbury
Tyler Romain – Timmins Nevada Waindubence – Sheguiandah

Last edited by mike bowman: 04-25-2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: appearance
Old
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
I don't know but I'll see if I can find out. Stay tuned.
Thanks Crotts. Sounds like Monsieur Strong is putting together quite the team!

Old
04-26-2012, 10:01 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foober40 View Post
Hi ,

In theory you have to attend a regional camp and be moved on as one of the nest 7 forwards , 4 defense men or best goalie . There have been instances in the past where injury provisions have allowed a player to move forward without total participation in the camp . This being said the provincial team is usually composed mostly of players who are first round picks and are playing in the OHL next season . For your information I have posted below the names of the players out of the NOHA . Have a great day

The following players have advanced from the NOHA Camp to the Ontario Provincial Camp:
Michael Amadio – Sault Ste. Marie Bradley Bell – Sudbury
Jaren Bellini – Sault Ste. Marie Brandon Grandinetti – Sault Ste. Marie
Tanner Lafrance – Englehart Trent Mallette – Levack
Michael Muzyka – Garson Brendan Perlini – Sault Ste. Marie
Tyler Peters – Powassan Cedric Primeau – Sudbury
Tyler Romain – Timmins Nevada Waindubence – Sheguiandah
Perlini will be on Team Ontario. Thanks for the list, Foobs. Have a great day.

Old
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
mike bowman

Sorry posted reply in wrong thread .I did see Perlinin at the camp and he is very skilled . Have a great day

Old
05-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Yeah, as Tigers1992 stated, please keep discussions about the players, about their traits and perceived potentials AS PLAYERS, svp. We don't allow talk about their personal lives, parents, or other off-ice issues. There are probably other places to go if you feel you need to gossip about that sort of stuff.

Old
05-05-2012, 12:26 PM
PanthersFan1980

Next year

Quote:
Jeremy Bracco, Mitchell Stephens, Zach Werenski are three to keep an eye on.
Where is Luke Kirwin playing next year?

Old
05-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan1980 View Post
Where is Luke Kirwin playing next year?
Heard rumblings the Kir-Dawg could be playing in the USHL next season. He and Tuch were the talk of the EJHL last season.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:14 PM
PanthersFan1980

Quote:
Heard rumblings the Kir-Dawg could be playing in the USHL next season. He and Tuch were the talk of the EJHL last season.
Where do you think he'll go in the draft? And last year a hell of a year for him. He proved lots of people wrong by his play.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan1980 View Post
Where do you think he'll go in the draft? And last year a hell of a year for him. He proved lots of people wrong by his play.
Kir-Dawg will be battling with Detroit Honeybaked phenom Sean Day for top American. Sean Day is an absolute man-child. If he plays Bantam next year, he should really dominate.

Old
05-06-2012, 08:32 PM
PanthersFan1980

Quote:
Kir-Dawg will be battling with Detroit Honeybaked phenom Sean Day for top American. Sean Day is an absolute man-child. If he plays Bantam next year, he should really dominate.
That will be a great match-up. But I believe Kirwan is ahead of day when he was days age because he played juniors while day is playing bantam.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:39 PM
walker33

no love for sam harding? i have heard rumblings of him being a great prospect any other YSE players notable.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:57 PM
checkmate3

Henley from Team Comcasts National Team is a first round draft pick IMO. Kid has been playing up with '96s and '95s from day one. Skilled and bomb from the point!

Old
05-07-2012, 08:02 PM
PanthersFan1980

If Kirwan decides to go Major Junior, he'll go top 3 in next years draft. If NCAA, a great college.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Eyelanders

Nikita Korostelev

Is Nikita Korostelev eligible in the 2013 OHL Draft? At least he played in the OHL Cup this year. I was hoping to see him last week when he and his team (ProHockey) came to Finland, but I unfortunately missed all of their matches. But in any case Ive heard that he is a talented player. Any information would be great!

Old
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
nickels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyfollower View Post
Is Nikita Korostelev eligible in the 2013 OHL Draft? At least he played in the OHL Cup this year. I was hoping to see him last week when he and his team (ProHockey) came to Finland, but I unfortunately missed all of their matches. But in any case Ive heard that he is a talented player. Any information would be great!
Yes ...he is is eligible for the draft...I believe that he will be playing for th JR Canadiens ...very skilled player definetely a player to watch... needs to grow

Old
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
nickels

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Henley from Team Comcasts National Team is a first round draft pick IMO. Kid has been playing up with '96s and '95s from day one. Skilled and bomb from the point!
He is definitely one of the top D in the US...rumors has him playing in Oakville this year...you can get to watch him play at the Ronald Mcdonald tourney in June

Old
05-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickels View Post
He is definitely one of the top D in the US...rumors has him playing in Oakville this year...you can get to watch him play at the Ronald Mcdonald tourney in June
Thanks for the heads-up on this tournament. Are the majority of the top 97's going to be there? Thanks.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:38 PM
orangeandblack

Quote:
He'll be in the OHL in 2 seasons. Big time player, but he grew like 3 years before the rest of the 97s. Let's hope he's not another Ian Spencer.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
nickels

Quote:
Thanks for the heads-up on this tournament. Are the majority of the top 97's going to be there? Thanks.
Yes...this tournament attracts many top players in the province and from the US...the schedule not out yet will post link once it comes out.

Old
05-09-2012, 05:12 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Yes...this tournament attracts many top players in the province and from the US...the schedule not out yet will post link once it comes out.
Thanks a lot.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
Pinch

A lot of the good players are not even playing spring hockey this year..

Old
05-10-2012, 09:38 AM
nickels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch View Post
A lot of the good players are not even playing spring hockey this year..
Many kids are concentrating on training(bigger/stronger) also you have the under 16April/May and the change to the under 17 in August ...lets not forget the cost of playing spring hockey

Old
05-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Hockey Fan 19

Looks like the folks in the North have finally got it together and implementing Minor Midget teams enmass. Sudbury will be strong combining their hockey zones with a team out of the Nickel City Sons organization, North Bay is in the works and the Soo should ice a talented team with their silver finish at the All Ontarios this past year. If all three programs are successfully put in place it will provide the opportunity for tons of exhibition games amongst them as well as a successful Thunder Bay Kings program. All I can say is........It's about time....great opportunity for the kids in their most important minor hockey year.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan 19 View Post
Looks like the folks in the North have finally got it together and implementing Minor Midget teams enmass. Sudbury will be strong combining their hockey zones with a team out of the Nickel City Sons organization, North Bay is in the works and the Soo should ice a talented team with their silver finish at the All Ontarios this past year. If all three programs are successfully put in place it will provide the opportunity for tons of exhibition games amongst them as well as a successful Thunder Bay Kings program. All I can say is........It's about time....great opportunity for the kids in their most important minor hockey year.
Been screaming for it for 5 years now. Not sure what took so long, but this is great news. Hopefully the GNML and other organizations don't try to stand in the way, Politics should never get in the way of development.

Closed Thread