HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kane + for Nash

Old
05-08-2012, 11:37 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
Delusional CBJ fans are everywhere apparently. How about Keith, Seabrook, Sharp for Wiz too
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the OP is, at least, a casual Hawks fan.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the OP is, at least, a casual Hawks fan.
Seems you are right...

I'm not in favor of trading Kaner.

BUT...if the Hawks for whatever reason chose to go down that path, then....

1) Kane to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau
2) Sign Zach Parise
3) Win lots of Cups

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:19 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If the Hawks traded Kane for Huberdeau I'd be beyond pissed. You don't trade the All-American hero for a frenchie who hasn't proved squat in the NHL.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Seems you are right...

I'm not in favor of trading Kaner.

BUT...if the Hawks for whatever reason chose to go down that path, then....

1) Kane to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau
2) Sign Zach Parise
3) Win lots of Cups

1) is not enough to get back for Kane...H hasn't seen any action in the NHL yet. I we did trade him (which I don't think we should), it would be better to send him to Boston for Dougie Hamilton, Krejci, a 1st, and a 2nd.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
1) is not enough to get back for Kane...H hasn't seen any action in the NHL yet. I we did trade him (which I don't think we should), it would be better to send him to Boston for Dougie Hamilton, Krejci, a 1st, and a 2nd.
Maybe it's not, but you're not getting that haul from Boston either. And the point of getting a non-NHLer is to leave cap space for signing Zach Parise.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Maybe it's not, but you're not getting that haul from Boston either. And the point of getting a non-NHLer is to leave cap space for signing Zach Parise.
I think Kane's value is too much to just treat a deal like a salary dump.

If they did want to go the prospect route for him, I think Dougie Hamilton would be a more desirable option and then see what else they can get thrown in...even if my initial proposal is, admittedly, quite excessive.

In any event, I would wait a minimum of a year before seriously considering dealing him. He's only had one off season...and it's not like the season was totally terrible - just "not great".

Old
05-08-2012, 01:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:

If they did want to go the prospect route for him, I think Dougie Hamilton would be a more desirable option and then see what else they can get thrown in...even if my initial proposal is, admittedly, quite excessive.
Agreed, IF we were dealing him to Boston, Hamilton is a must.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:31 PM
MagicSlap*

I'd consider Kane for Krejci, Hamilton

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:36 PM
Sarava

Quote:

In any event, I would wait a minimum of a year before seriously considering dealing him. He's only had one off season...and it's not like the season was totally terrible - just "not great".
Jonathan Huberdeau might be the top prospect in the NHL. I don't look at it like a salary dump.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Jonathan Huberdeau might be the top prospect in the NHL. I don't look at it like a salary dump.
I'm more sold on Hamilton than Huberdeau (acknowledging, of course, that they're both untested at the NHL level) and it would be more beneficial to us to have him on the team.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:44 PM
MagicSlap*

As far as I'm concerned they're both the top prospect at their given position and I'd kill to have either. Humberdeau is going to be amazing and Hamilton will be a force. Hard to say who has a better career but the adjustment for a D man to the NHL tends to be a bit tougher so I'd go Huberdeau by that but man if we could land one of those guys. Oh boy.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:47 PM
Sarava

Quote:
I'm more sold on Hamilton than Huberdeau (acknowledging, of course, that they're both untested at the NHL level) and it would be more beneficial to us to have him on the team.
Boston isn't likely to move Hamilton for anything. If they did, it would be straight up...not with Krejci or a 1st. But I don't think they even do a straight up move for Kane. I wouldn't if I was them.

Where Florida...you know Dale wouldn't be able to resist getting Kaner.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
While Kane performed better in March,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of February--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -OR ELSE!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few PP points and the reson why our PP was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious PP featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

So he MUIST shoot better--OR ELSE!

TO be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --BUT he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,I think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

STILL-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?
this needs more attention.

god like

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:09 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Nash is overvalued around the league, doesn't give a solid effort, and is more expensive than Kane. Definitely not worth a Kane + for Nash. We would have to get a lot more back then just Nash to get rid of Kane.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
While Kane performed better in March,you cannot forget his laclustre display of disinterest from mid-nov through the end of February--that is one long awful stretch of disappointment he gave us...such a long poor stretch cannot happen again next year -OR ELSE!

As to his poor shooting %---that was the reason he got so few PP points and the reson why our PP was so lousy--you cannot waste a precious PP featured spot on such a lousy shot %...

So he MUIST shoot better--OR ELSE!

TO be fair--he did come off wrist surgery in starting the year --BUT he had a good first 15 games till mid-nov...so it baffles why it should cause him problems for so long after that,,,I think his disinterested play was a bigger cause of the non-production...

STILL-he was drafted for his "magic hands" -and so we ask--where have they gone?
Hahahahaha. Did you copy and paste this from an HF50 post or did you craft it yourself? The second would be ridiculously impressive.

Either way, thanks for the laugh

Chris Hansen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:37 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Boston isn't likely to move Hamilton for anything. If they did, it would be straight up...not with Krejci or a 1st. But I don't think they even do a straight up move for Kane. I wouldn't if I was them.

Where Florida...you know Dale wouldn't be able to resist getting Kaner.
Yeah, yeah...I know you're right. Still, a girl can dream, can't she?

Going back to Huberdeau...I don't doubt his talent, I just really hate, in general, the idea of trading for "future geniuses" who haven't seen an NHL game.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:42 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
Nash is overvalued around the league, doesn't give a solid effort, and is more expensive than Kane. Definitely not worth a Kane + for Nash. We would have to get a lot more back then just Nash to get rid of Kane.
The only thing that prevents Nash from being the most overrated player in the NHL is the fact that Phaneuf is around.

I would never, under any circumstances, support Nash joining the Hawks...hell, I wouldn't even support him joining the Leafs!

Nash's stats simply do not backup his hype and the differential is due to more than simply the sucktitude of CBJ. Additionally, having followed Ryan Johansen's intro to the NHL a bit, Nash seems like a horrible captain.

Old
05-11-2012, 02:26 AM
WarriorofTime

Nash + 2nd overall for Kane or else F No.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I like the part where the Hawks add to the star player, not the worst team in the league

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote