Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

After this season it seems that the Wolves could be rebuilding next season. If that's true who would they trade away? Sgarbossa most likely will not be in the league but I would have interest in Schoenmakers if he was available. He would not be an outrageous price either and would add some scoring and depth.

Old
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
After this season it seems that the Wolves could be rebuilding next season. If that's true who would they trade away? Sgarbossa most likely will not be in the league but I would have interest in Schoenmakers if he was available. He would not be an outrageous price either and would add some scoring and depth.
If they lose Sgarbs they'll notice that for sure! He's really improved year over year and is a solid player. Hopefully he stays and helps out the rookies for another year as that would make for another improving year and enjoyable for the fans.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
If they lose Sgarbs they'll notice that for sure! He's really improved year over year and is a solid player. Hopefully he stays and helps out the rookies for another year as that would make for another improving year and enjoyable for the fans.
The only drawback to that is the younger kids actually suffer because coach will overplay him just like he did this past season. The team must push/play the kids in their draft year as there is lots of $$$ to be had by having kids drafted. Only 1 '94 MIGHT get drafted this June...hurts the pocket books. Need to develop younger kids but sometimes that means other kids have to move on.

Old
05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
bonefizzle

anyone going to watch the rookie camp?

Old
05-05-2012, 04:51 PM
howlman

Forwards:
Silk Euro Leivo
Pancel Kantor Baptiste
Desrochers Harris Euro
Thibodeau Vilardi Lacroix
extra: Spicer

Defence:
Corrado Sefton
Corbett Dodero
Cummins Prong
extra: Braid

Goalies:
Vienneau
Dupuis

Traded:
Campagna
Schutt
Racino
Schoenmakers
Hanes

Old
05-05-2012, 07:02 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Forwards:
Silk Euro Leivo
Pancel Kantor Baptiste
Desrochers Harris Euro
Thibodeau Vilardi Lacroix
extra: Spicer

Defence:
Corrado Sefton
Corbett Dodero
Cummins Prong
extra: Braid

Goalies:
Vienneau
Dupuis

Traded:
Campagna
Schutt
Racino
Schoenmakers
Hanes
What do you think the price of schoenmakers or campagna would be?

Old
05-07-2012, 07:52 AM
Hockeyfriend

I think De Hann will be there and Braid will be out.

The kids you mention to be traded will be needed to bring in a possible top end goalie and restock for future drafts. I don't believe the Euro imports are going to assist in a big way unless they use some of the kids you mentioned to trade up (39th is their first pick I believe).

However, not sure that Sudbury will do what is necessary and trade the kids you mentioned. I don't see that happening unless it is just for future draft picks. Sudbury is a tough place to sell to many kids.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:11 PM
JSavoire

A few of those players wanted trades this year so you know they'll be moved in the off-season unless the price is way wrong. Will be interesting to see what they get for those guys.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
A few of those players wanted trades this year so you know they'll be moved in the off-season unless the price is way wrong. Will be interesting to see what they get for those guys.
Which ones where asking to be traded last year?

Old
05-07-2012, 09:46 PM
howlman

Rumour I heard has Campagna to the Petes in exchange for two 2nd round picks and the 9th overall pick in the upcoming Import draft.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:54 PM
howlman

I think the Wolves could surprise alot of people this upcoming season but alot of things have to happen in order for that to happen:

1. GOALTENDING: We need solid and consistent goaltending. Is Vienneau the guy? We need for him to come up big for us next season as an OA.

2. BYE BYE SGARBOSSA - IMPORT DRAFT: We will not be able to replace this player and his offence, however, the Import draft is the perfect opportunity to ease the blow. This draft is beyond crucial for the Wolves fortunes this upcoming season. The top 20 of this Import draft is stacked with young top end talent that want to come over and play in the CHL and will have an immediate impact, high end skill. Let me put it this way, we need to hit a homerun on this pick, he has to be one of our best players and one of our scoring leaders. We have to move up in order to get this type of player.

3. YOUTH MOVEMENT: We have alot of 2013 NHL draft eligible players this year. We need guys like Silk, Baptiste, Harris, Corbett to have breakout years. Give them lots of playing time! I think Harris could have a big year if given the opportunity. Baptiste and Pancel need to have big years and Pancel has the potential to get 30 goals and Baptiste to get 20.

4. LEADERSHIP: My pick for team captain without any hesitation, Kantor. This guy will be a force for us next season and the type of captain we need, reminds me of a Legge type captain. Kantor was our most physical, fearless, hardest working player, best penalty killer last season and we missed him dearly in the playoffs. He showed playmaking skills and offensive potential alot of people didn`t think he had. He was almost a point per game player once he came over from the Sault. Pancel-Kantor-Baptiste as a line next season has great potential. All our OA`s and 19 year olds need to lead by example and be our most consistent and hardest working players on a nightly basis. Vienneau, Corrado, Sefton, Kantor, Dodero, Leivo will have to be key leaders for us with all the youth we will have this upcoming season.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Petes1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlman View Post
Rumour I heard has Campagna to the Petes in exchange for two 2nd round picks and the 9th overall pick in the upcoming Import draft.
Campagna makes sense for the Petes, and Reid has said he intends on moving a few 2nd round picks this off season, but I can't see it at that cost.

9th overall pick in the European draft could probably fetch the Petes someone whose contributed as much as Campagna has to date for the Wolves.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:55 PM
bonefizzle

Were any of you at the camp this weekend. Would love to hear someones thoughts on the draft picks who have a shot at making the team. Besides what has been written on the wolves website.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
JSavoire

Well for a first round pick Campagna didn't get much 'fresh' ice. Spent much time as a 3rd line Center and 2nd line PP. Normally 2nd year guys get more for sure. He's got great hands and can shoot given the right scenario so the Petes might be a great spot for him.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Well for a first round pick Campagna didn't get much 'fresh' ice. Spent much time as a 3rd line Center and 2nd line PP. Normally 2nd year guys get more for sure. He's got great hands and can shoot given the right scenario so the Petes might be a great spot for him.
He would easily get 2nd line minutes in Peterborough.. I think his game could take off for the Petes. Whats his skating like? And Defensive play?

Old
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
He would easily get 2nd line minutes in Peterborough.. I think his game could take off for the Petes. Whats his skating like? And Defensive play?
Defensivel he is non-existent. He hovers out top of the face off circles when puck below their goal line. Rarely helps in own zone. Not good given he is a center.

Skating - has speed but rarely outs effort into the game...but tons of skill.

Bank on it - he will remain a Wolf.

Who are the others that wanted out last year?

Old
05-08-2012, 10:50 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Defensivel he is non-existent. He hovers out top of the face off circles when puck below their goal line. Rarely helps in own zone. Not good given he is a center.

Skating - has speed but rarely outs effort into the game...but tons of skill.

Bank on it - he will remain a Wolf.

Who are the others that wanted out last year?
I won't name names just yet but I will state that Campagna will not be with the Wolves next year unless some crazy low-ball offers are being made. And I know Cully or Smith won't press to keep a kid who has his mind set elsewhere under normal circumstances.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
Were any of you at the camp this weekend. Would love to hear someones thoughts on the draft picks who have a shot at making the team. Besides what has been written on the wolves website.
I went and was very disappointed in Conner Burgess. His skating is extremely poor and his positioning was worse. I feel sorry for some kids who deserved to be drafted. I am sorry but Conner does not belong on the ice with these kids. He will be put into a situation where he will fail.
Coner ******* is a project. He is not a strong skater like most first round players are. Maybe it is the fact that he may have not been on the ice for a while, not sure. I just think he will have no impact next year maybe not the year after.
Spicer was a stud. Should easily make the team next year and by Christmas see regular duty on second line.
Vilardi is not a strong skater but is very skilled with the puck. Always looking for a place to move the puck. Held onto it a little long a few times.
Stefan Leblanc will no doubt quarterback the power play one day. He had his head up every time he had the puck. No firing it around the boards.
Austin Veleke who was supposed to be a tough guy, needs some skating and hitting lessons. Would not break an egg shell if he had one under his arm pits.
Evan DeHan was quick a very calm with the quick. Can he withstand the punishment of the OHL?
Mike Sands and Patrick Crampton will give Blaine Smith some options next year as they are close.
Danny Desrochers is ready and did not disappoint.
Only one of the goaltenders looked really bad while the rest looked good especially the kid from Copper Cliff

Old
05-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
I went and was very disappointed in Conner Burgess. His skating is extremely poor and his positioning was worse. I feel sorry for some kids who deserved to be drafted. I am sorry but Conner does not belong on the ice with these kids. He will be put into a situation where he will fail.
Coner ******* is a project. He is not a strong skater like most first round players are. Maybe it is the fact that he may have not been on the ice for a while, not sure. I just think he will have no impact next year maybe not the year after.
Spicer was a stud. Should easily make the team next year and by Christmas see regular duty on second line.
Vilardi is not a strong skater but is very skilled with the puck. Always looking for a place to move the puck. Held onto it a little long a few times.
Stefan Leblanc will no doubt quarterback the power play one day. He had his head up every time he had the puck. No firing it around the boards.
Austin Veleke who was supposed to be a tough guy, needs some skating and hitting lessons. Would not break an egg shell if he had one under his arm pits.
Evan DeHan was quick a very calm with the quick. Can he withstand the punishment of the OHL?
Mike Sands and Patrick Crampton will give Blaine Smith some options next year as they are close.
Only one of the goaltenders looked really bad while the rest looked good especially the kid from Copper Cliff
Interesting read, not surprised to hear about Leblanc, having watched him in the SCTA he was by far one of the best D, very smart, confident and patient player. Connor, I would give him a break, ya, maybe he is was not a third round pick but still watched him in the telus cup and I would say he was one of the best guy on the team...not bad considering he was a year younger. Vilardi will settle in, watched him a few times and he is a very smart player and plays hard. His size will be a challenge but then again many small players become a key part of OHL Teams. DeHann has the potential to be a key player but he needs to put some weight on or will be a defensive liability, great upside offensively however. Copper Cliff goalie is a year away but will be a great tender in the years to come, he kept his AA team in many AAA games with his strong play throughout the year. The other kids I do not know much about. How was their #1 pick, Cummins?

Old
05-10-2012, 03:18 PM
bonefizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny View Post
Thank you very much for posting.

Old
05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Any chance this guy comes over? Did he even show up to camp last year?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=41014

He is prob making good money in the KHL

Old
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
kenadian

He played 8 games for the Petes..... So he came over

Old
05-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Hockeyfriend

Any news from Wolve land?

Any rumors on trades/changes for the upcoming season - given they have plenty of 92's available? Also, rumor from the Pete's thread has some trades happening...again rumors.

Old
05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
defensehockey19

[QUOTE=Hockeyfriend;50049325]Any rumors on trades/changes for the upcoming season - given they have plenty of 92's available? Also, rumor from the Pete's thread has some trades happening...again [B]rumors[

I take what I wrote before back, Looks like it will be Shoenmaker and Campagna to Peterborough.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 05-23-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Arsenault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenault View Post
Interesting read, not surprised to hear about Leblanc, having watched him in the SCTA he was by far one of the best D, very smart, confident and patient player. Connor, I would give him a break, ya, maybe he is was not a third round pick but still watched him in the telus cup and I would say he was one of the best guy on the team...not bad considering he was a year younger. Vilardi will settle in, watched him a few times and he is a very smart player and plays hard. His size will be a challenge but then again many small players become a key part of OHL Teams. DeHann has the potential to be a key player but he needs to put some weight on or will be a defensive liability, great upside offensively however. Copper Cliff goalie is a year away but will be a great tender in the years to come, he kept his AA team in many AAA games with his strong play throughout the year. The other kids I do not know much about. How was their #1 pick, Cummins?
Wolfe sign first three rounders and dehaan... Any thoughts

Closed Thread