HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre McGuire: Greatest foreshadowing ever?

Old
05-08-2012, 07:52 AM
GloveSave35

vCash: 500
Yeah he said it doesn't really matter... and I yelled to my wife "If we score it does!"

Great moment. Great game. Hell of series so far. Let's close this thing out!

GloveSave35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
Jersey Girl

LOL this is a true story...

Pierre: 'Could be four minutes. Well, it doesn't really matter.'

Me: 'It matters if the Rangers score'

About two seconds later, Pierre: 'It does matter if the Rangers score'

You're welcome, Pierre!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
This series has made me like Pierre a little bit. He's not bad unless the Penguins are involved...

Emerick and Eddie-O on the other hand....they cant hide their dislike for the Rangers.
Pierre is annoying, but he seems to have a soft spot for the Rangers at times. He did grow up in NJ, maybe he was a Rangers fan back then?

His manlove for Crosby is horrible, though.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Good prediction by Olcyk also, much earlier. Shortly after the caps took the lead, Olcyk said "if the Rangers are going to tie this game, its going to be the Hagelin Richards Gaborik line." About 13 minutes later, they did just that, with help from Cally.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I don't understand the hate for Pierre. He's not my favorite, but he's not horrible either. He's just.....Pierre. So what if he's a little weird? As long as he's not licking you, what's the harm?

Olczyk is the one I can't stand
Everything is relative - watch Joe Micheletti post game on ice interviews with players and you'd understand.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
"Four minutes? Oh, it doesn't really matter. Well... Maybe it does."

Caps fans to Pierre McQuire:

"Put him in the bathroom! Get him out of here! Get in there, you ****ing loser mutt! Leave him in there!"

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:29 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
This series has made me like Pierre a little bit. He's not bad unless the Penguins are involved...

Emerick and Eddie-O on the other hand....they cant hide their dislike for the Rangers.
I've never gotten the impression that either of them dislike the Rangers. Why would Eddie, of all people, dislike the Rangers?

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:14 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
I've never gotten the impression that either of them dislike the Rangers. Why would Eddie, of all people, dislike the Rangers?
Emerick does Eddie I'm not so sure.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:21 AM
mug25

Quote:
I've read numerous posts about him disliking the organization. Any time he's assigned to a Rangers gam, if you listen, he's almost always sucking on the balls of the opposing team.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
It's more that people are used to the Sam and Joe and James Dolan version of Ranger game analysis, and when an announcer says something like 'Lundqvist should have had that one' or 'that's a terrible play by (insert Ranger name here),' people like to decide that the announcer has to dislike the Rangers to say such a thing.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
mug25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
It's more that people are used to the Sam and Joe and James Dolan version of Ranger game analysis, and when an announcer says something like 'Lundqvist should have had that one' or 'that's a terrible play by (insert Ranger name here),' people like to decide that the announcer has to dislike the Rangers to say such a thing.
No.

I don't get MSG feeds here in Florida. I'm stuck with NBC or NHL Network all the time. It's just blatantly obvious that NBC showcases teams like the Caps and Penguins. When all they talk about it how amazing "the Great 8" is, or how dangerous Nicklas Backstrom is, or how stellar Holtby has been all game long, it gets old fast.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
No.

I don't get MSG feeds here in Florida. I'm stuck with NBC or NHL Network all the time. It's just blatantly obvious that NBC showcases teams like the Caps and Penguins. When all they talk about it how amazing "the Great 8" is, or how dangerous Nicklas Backstrom is, or how stellar Holtby has been — all game long, it gets old fast.
Well I disagree with your perception. They've also been fawning all over Lundqvist and the Rangers' defense all series.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Dorado*

Holtby has been solid but has hardly made the BIG SAVE yet in this series . Pretty much 90% of our chances are logo hunters or routine saves . He's had as much puck luck as Henke .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Blue Regime

Quote:
No.

I don't get MSG feeds here in Florida. I'm stuck with NBC or NHL Network all the time. It's just blatantly obvious that NBC showcases teams like the Caps and Penguins. When all they talk about it how amazing "the Great 8" is, or how dangerous Nicklas Backstrom is, or how stellar Holtby has been all game long, it gets old fast.
What are you talking about. They were all over John Mitchell, of all people. John ****ing Mitchell!

Pierre is awesome. He sometimes goes too far with the mancrushes, but other than that, he's essentially like 99% of what HF Boards posters would be on national TV - dorky as hell, but really insightful and knowledgeable.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:40 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Regime View Post
What are you talking about. They were all over John Mitchell, of all people. John ****ing Mitchell!

Pierre is awesome. He sometimes goes too far with the mancrushes, but other than that, he's essentially like 99% of what HF Boards posters would be on national TV - dorky as hell, but really insightful and knowledgeable.
Eh, Mitchell played a really great game tonight. They had every right to talk about him.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:41 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Well what about Pierre gushing nonstop about the Capitals abilities to protect the lead in the final minutes?
meh...he was pretty much calling it the way it was, the Rangers could not get into the caps zone for a while towards the end of the game.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:42 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
I think that Eddie has always been pissed that he didn't get much playing time on the Rangers. He was glued to the bench. i think he always had some resentment for Keenan and the organization after that.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Good prediction by Olcyk also, much earlier. Shortly after the caps took the lead, Olcyk said "if the Rangers are going to tie this game, its going to be the Hagelin Richards Gaborik line." About 13 minutes later, they did just that, with help from Cally.
Sorry but he wasn't actually going out on a limb with that line...they were clearly the best Ranger line all night long...

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
HockeyBurd*

The most annoying thing about Pierre is that he always looks for validation from EddieO. "Hey Eddie, you like that decision by *player A*?" "Hey Eddie, what do you think about him not taking the shot and passing it instead?" "Hey Eddie, don't you think bla bla bla?" "Hey Eddie, wouldn't you agree bla bla bla?"

Just say what you think knuckle head.

Quote:
Yeah... Rangers fans aren't the most impartial fans out there. Especially the HF boards variety.

Every one of those commentators says positive and negative things about both teams in the exact same ratio depending on what is happening at the moment. Often resulting in completely contradictory and wishy washy opinions game in and game out.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
ohbaby

The broadcasters on hockey night in Canada immediately understood the significance of the penalty.

ohbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:07 PM
1940rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Pierre is a moron. There's a reason he's no longer part of a teams front office.

He's clueless.

If I never heard from him again I wouldn't miss it.

I lump him in with Chico as two of the most idiotic voices on tv
I don't know if I'd go THAT far. Chico is the absolute worst, barre none.

1940rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:12 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
The most annoying thing about Pierre is that he always looks for validation from EddieO. "Hey Eddie, you like that decision by *player A*?" "Hey Eddie, what do you think about him not taking the shot and passing it instead?" "Hey Eddie, don't you think bla bla bla?" "Hey Eddie, wouldn't you agree bla bla bla?"

I feel exactly the same way about Joseph Robert Micheletti. It's always "don't ya think Sam", or "would you agree." So annoying.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post

Meh. Pierre is just trying to engage Eddie O in a discussion. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:17 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

That's how color guys work. : You're supposed to give your broadcasting partners things to feed off of.

Pierre is fine. I can't stand Doc and Edzo. I'd much rather listen to Kenny Albert, or Hughson, or something.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:18 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
I wish Sam and Joe would be a bit more critical at times and call out Ranger players when they make a dumb play. They're afraid of losing their jobs I think. That is why I enjoy listening to Dave Maloney way more: if someone makes a terrible play he won't sugarcoat it.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote