Notices

Bruins 2011-12 Prospect Round-Up

Old
05-04-2012, 06:29 AM
rocketdan9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Jeff Hoggan and Ray Bourque have some attributes in common.

Doesn't make them in the "same mold".
like what? they are the same height? btw Hoggan is a forward also

Again Seguin and Sauve both can really skate and know how to score plus share similiar build. Maybe once we see Sauve play more, he will look more like a Horton. Bottom line is if healthy i'm excited to see what he can do at the pro level.

Last edited by rocketdan9: 05-04-2012 at 06:35 AM.
rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:44 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post

Again Seguin and Sauve both can really skate and know how to score plus share similiar build. Maybe once we see Sauve play more, he will look more like a Horton. Bottom line is if healthy i'm excited to see what he can do at the pro level.
Huge if under the "play more" category with Sauve, the guy firstly has to stop injurying himself reaching for a kleenex box.

Seems/sounds like the kid is well liked by the Brass, and has solid skills, but if he continues to be injury prone, whether it`s just bad luck or otherwise, he may never get his chance....at least as a Bruin

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Ratty

Quote:

Me too. He brings all the tools and is scrappier than Seguin, not that I would put him at the same level. Lets hope he has a healthy camp and finally makes the roster. His opportunities are fleeting.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:31 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Sauve and Seguing have some attributes in common. Both have similar build, can really skate, know how to score and can be clutch.

Sauve hasn't been able to get to his peak bc he is constantly injured. But how about if he strengthens up , doesn't get injured, gets a try out in the nhl for a good majority of the year, could he score about 15 -20 goals, 35-40 pts?

Also regarding knight, even if he plays with two poor players, he should do well for himself and raise their games. He is in his 4th year. That is a truly good player, not needing another player to define your game. 52 points in 52 games is not great for a 4th year player. Also for a clutch playoff guy , he has scored only 7 points.
Actually, my personal belief is that only a truly "great" player has the ability to raise the game of average linemates, and Knight is not in that category imo. I think that Knight has done very well considering his role in London this year, regardless of what "year" this is for him. Only time will tell.

If I remember correctly, weren't you pimping Cunningham this past offseason (although that could have been Eannad, I get you two confused)? How many years did he play in the juniors before putting up good numbers?

As far as Sauve goes, I like him, but the kid is obviously made of glass. Wasn't able to stay healthy in junior hockey, hasn't been able to do it in the pros. I would not count on him for anything at this point, nor would I compare him to Seguin (in substance or games played).

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Actually, my personal belief is that only a truly "great" player has the ability to raise the game of average linemates, and Knight is not in that category imo. I think that Knight has done very well considering his role in London this year, regardless of what "year" this is for him. Only time will tell.

If I remember correctly, weren't you pimping Cunningham this past offseason (although that could have been Eannad, I get you two confused)? How many years did he play in the juniors before putting up good numbers?

As far as Sauve goes, I like him, but the kid is obviously made of glass. Wasn't able to stay healthy in junior hockey, hasn't been able to do it in the pros. I would not count on him for anything at this point, nor would I compare him to Seguin (in substance or games played).
Wait.....when did you learn to count ?

Seriously though...exactly

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Wait.....when did you learn to count ?

Seriously though...exactly
Work in progress

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Work in progress
Elton John will be very proud of you

Old
05-07-2012, 09:58 PM
scokan

any of the bruins faithful hear anything regarding Koko sticking around and possibly playing in the KHL next season? Towards the end of the year he suffered a pretty big injury that kept him out of the lineup for the rest of the year. Apparently he is back home now and maybe sticking around to play in the KHL so he can make some $$$ unless the Bruins step up and sign him. Could he just be playing hard ball?

scokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
any of the bruins faithful hear anything regarding Koko sticking around and possibly playing in the KHL next season? Towards the end of the year he suffered a pretty big injury that kept him out of the lineup for the rest of the year. Apparently he is back home now and maybe sticking around to play in the KHL so he can make some $$$ unless the Bruins step up and sign him. Could he just be playing hard ball?
Seriously? Do you have a link to something? Way out of left field and frankly ridiculous.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scokan View Post
I have my ear on the ground and the footsteps I hear are those of Koko pacing back and forth anxiously awaiting the start of the next OHL season.

In all seriousness, Koko could have been a millionaire already. The KHL formed a junior league basically because of Koko. His face was plastered all over the country as the next big thing and all their advertisement was centered around him. And he walked (skated) away before ever lacing up the skates for them to play in....you guessed it, the OHL, for $50 a week.

Don't think money is the determining factor for Koko.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
I have my ear on the ground and the footsteps I hear are those of Koko pacing back and forth anxiously awaiting the start of the next OHL season.

In all seriousness, Koko could have been a millionaire already. The KHL formed a junior league basically because of Koko. His face was plastered all over the country as the next big thing and all their advertisement was centered around him. And he walked (skated) away before ever lacing up the skates for them to play in....you guessed it, the OHL, for $50 a week.

Don't think money is the determining factor for Koko.
don't forget the free subs he probably gets for doing the Subway commercial.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
don't forget the free subs he probably gets for doing the Subway commercial.
How could I forget ! Maybe that's why the Russians left him off of Team Russia for the Subway Super Series.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Speaking of Koko, is he going to be OK for development camp? I'm assuming so, but haven't heard anything.

Artemis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:11 PM
GordonHowe

Thanks for the heads up. And thank you Mr. Luedeke for your good work,

;-\

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
GordonHowe

Outlook: Like Tyler Seguin two years ago, expect to see Hamilton in Boston next year because he is not eligible to play in the AHL. Whether he is ready for the NHL is debateable, but the Bruins control his development if they bring him up as opposed to whatever situation he ends up in back in the OHL for a fourth season. Even with reduced playing time as a 6 or 7 in Boston, ******* Hamilton would undoubtedly benefit from being around the team and players like Zdeno Chara, Dennis Seidenberg, Andrew Ference and the rest of the roster and coaching staff.********

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:38 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Speaking of Koko, is he going to be OK for development camp? I'm assuming so, but haven't heard anything.
Does he project as just a wing in the NHL or could he play some center as well?

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Ratty

Great article by Kirk. Its good to get an update on prospects like Chudinov and Gothberg that we don't read much about.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote