HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

LW Anthony DeLuca - Rimouski Océanic, QMJHL (2013 undrafted)

Old
05-04-2012, 09:34 PM
ReppingMTL

vCash: 500
Yea Deluca is a forward about 5'8 as well. Although, he's extremely ripped and kinda fits the same mold as Brad Marchand. I'm excited to see how he pans out. Has all the skill in the world but some would say he lacks hockey sense. I think with a good coach and environment this kid has the chance to make it big. And to the OP, his numbers were in no way inflated by Drouin. They played on different lines including powerplay because their egos would clash.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:50 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
Yea Deluca is a forward about 5'8 as well. Although, he's extremely ripped and kinda fits the same mold as Brad Marchand. I'm excited to see how he pans out. Has all the skill in the world but some would say he lacks hockey sense. I think with a good coach and environment this kid has the chance to make it big. And to the OP, his numbers were in no way inflated by Drouin. They played on different lines including powerplay because their egos would clash.
The we're on the the same line frequently.... Drouin doesn't have as big an ego as DeLuca...

DeLuca thrives when he's not carrying a team...

He's better off in the NCAA due to his issues, but it may also ruin him due to his so called entitlement...

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:59 PM
ReppingMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
The we're on the the same line frequently.... Drouin doesn't have as big an ego as DeLuca...

DeLuca thrives when he's not carrying a team...

He's better off in the NCAA due to his issues, but it may also ruin him due to his so called entitlement...
I don't know you're relationships with any of them but it was quite visible they both had egos that were quite equivalent. Furthermore, they really didn't play together for the most of the time Drouin was there. Through many points of the season, Deluca had more goals than Drouin.

I do agree with you that College looks like the best for him.

ReppingMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:14 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppingMTL View Post
I don't know you're relationships with any of them but it was quite visible they both had egos that were quite equivalent. Furthermore, they really didn't play together for the most of the time Drouin was there. Through many points of the season, Deluca had more goals than Drouin.

I do agree with you that College looks like the best for him.
I don't know anyone on the lions, I saw Jo once at a career fair at PC... He wasn't happy... Any perceptive person can tell he has issues..

I played hockey with a friend of his and Duclair... Those guys are ******.. Duclairs type, from what I've heard about Jo... Not his type.. He's said to be a rink rat.. Had he been at Lindsay.. I would of known him quite well..

He had bad influences.. The guys he hung out with we're cocky ****** and are popular kids..

Him and Deluca played 3rds early on together.. Had he not wanted perfect goals... He woulda scored atleast 10 more...

He made the right choice... He's your typical West Island Kid..

DeLuca is worse in terms of ego and maturity without a doubt.

Old
05-04-2012, 10:49 PM
hockey school

Where do you get your info about his issues blbarmada.
you seem like a kid yourself. you are probably a jealous and frustrated kid who never made it as a hockey player and so you trash others on this forum. Get your facts straight before you post rubbish.
The kid has a commitment since hes 15. Look it up on college hockey commitments. Its a full ride and every team in the q would draft him if he did not have a solid commitment.

hockey school is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
hockey school

someone just confirmed to me that you are a kid and that you attend a high school in the west island of montreal.
You are trying to pass yourself off as a hockey guru with all of the insides to the hockey world.
I know Drouin, Deluca , Duclair and many other top 95's. I coached them and i can tell you this. They are all top talents who respect one another and are all very different players.
Thes kids will be wearing a pro jersey within 4 to 5 years and you will still be trashing kids on this forum.
Good luck kid.

Old
05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey school View Post
someone just confirmed to me that you are a kid and that you attend a high school in the west island of montreal.
You are trying to pass yourself off as a hockey guru with all of the insides to the hockey world.
I know Drouin, Deluca , Duclair and many other top 95's. I coached them and i can tell you this. They are all top talents who respect one another and are all very different players.
Thes kids will be wearing a pro jersey within 4 to 5 years and you will still be trashing kids on this forum.
Good luck kid.
Well it's a well known fact that I am a kid...

You have 4 posts.. All of which defend DeLuca.. And state his commitment to Vermont.. Tell me does do you have a son who plays Peewee B in lakeshore ? Cause one if the Lakshore teams had a DeLuca kid so I was wondering if they were brothers...

Now.. You come in here and bash me.. You coached them ? Poor kids... I feel sorry for them..

Ya cause I'm jealous.. Jealous that they will be criticized by some hockey person everyday for the next 20 years... Jealous that they won't live a normal life and that they had to leave it all behind.... Cause that's what I dream of...

Really cause I didn't make it ? Ya well heart conditions are **** what can I say... Your very knowledgeable..

I was 15 once.. I woulda said anything to get people off my back..

Ya cause when a team comes calling offering a boatload of money there going to ignore it.. I know someone who went to school with Duclair, talked about him frequently, BC came up alot.. Where does Duclair play now ? Things change....

Ripping on DeLuca ? Meh.. Maybe I'm harsh.. But I hear things.. I was once rooting for the kid.. Now I feel sorry that he has you as his father.. What are going you to do ? Bash every single person who say a bad thing about your child ?

Your quite the guy, coming in hear and acting tough and proud... Just like how you wouldn't give your name.. I don't know everything there is to know about hockey.. But I know alot, I know my stuff.

Get off your horse, let your son live your his life.. Kids have egos... I once had one that was huge..

Kids who are among the best in their age groups at a sport have egos...

Not get out here.. Don't you have anything better to do on a friday night then to bash a kid ?

Everyone said Duclair had a strong commitment... He still got drafted..

DeLuca was top 10 ranked last year.. And a commitment.. Wasn't drafted.. Frederick Gauthier.. Top 10, Harvard committed.. Drafted..

So clearly there was concerns over Deluca..

As for Drouin... Issues could be many things.. The wording is incorrect.. But I will say, the Drouin I saw at PC wasn't a thrilled kid.. He was sitting alone at a table..

Which is why I kinda disagree about Drouin having an ego.. To the OP..

Being a kid... I know people thus knowing that most west island kids are ******... It's known by many people.. There's a reason Q teams dont like LSL teams..

Also how's the Junior Major team you scout for ? Do they exist ?

Last edited by BLBarmada: 05-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old
05-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey school View Post
Where do you get your info about his issues blbarmada.
you seem like a kid yourself. you are probably a jealous and frustrated kid who never made it as a hockey player and so you trash others on this forum. Get your facts straight before you post rubbish.
The kid has a commitment since hes 15. Look it up on college hockey commitments. Its a full ride and every team in the q would draft him if he did not have a solid commitment.
lol BLB bashes De Luca every chance he can, I've seen this in a couple threads now. He does definitely give off the vibe that he has something against some of these players on a personal level. Rather than say "De Luca has a questionable work ethic", he goes into silly detail that is unnecessary and most likely false. Gives the vibe that he wants nothing more than to see these kids fail. I had a mini rant in response to him earlier (before you stepped in) that I decided against posting but I see you saw what I saw and responded similarly

BLB You shoulda quit while you were behind, you dug yourself a mighty deep hole right here, despite whatever you may convince yourself in your head.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:07 AM
hockey school

Well said Adam. Blb should quit while he is behind. If he decides to continue, he should state facts instead of bs.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:54 AM
welcometothebigshow2

On another note, is anyone at the Meltdown? I seen on twitter that DeLuca is there.. How has he looked?

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
lol BLB bashes De Luca every chance he can, I've seen this in a couple threads now. He does definitely give off the vibe that he has something against some of these players on a personal level. Rather than say "De Luca has a questionable work ethic", he goes into silly detail that is unnecessary and most likely false. Gives the vibe that he wants nothing more than to see these kids fail. I had a mini rant in response to him earlier (before you stepped in) that I decided against posting but I see you saw what I saw and responded similarly

BLB You shoulda quit while you were behind, you dug yourself a mighty deep hole right here, despite whatever you may convince yourself in your head.
Right cause I know these kids.... I know people who know them... But I don't...

Do I personally have a problem with Duclair ? Nope, guys going top 5 next year.

Do I hate Drouin ? Nope I feel bad for him cause he kinda got shafted... He will go top 10 next year, he could really explode.

Do is hate DeLuca ? Nope, I once stated that he was on Drouins level... Is he ? In terms of skill yes I think so, hockey sense ? Well maybe, work ethic ? No, I've seen him play 10 times... He is given too much freedom by Goyens... However thats also cause the Lions roll their top 2 lines.... You want better wording ? He needs to pass more, he needs to work harder out on the ice, and he needs to show that he doesn't have to score the perfect goal..

If you read my earlier post I said he could rip through the Q.. Why would I say that if I hate him ?

I also said he may go in the 7th round... Why I say it ? He played 2 years AAA, doesn't help, he has flaws that aren't the kind most teams will accpet.. Talent wise, he could go top 90, I think top 60.. 95's a deep deep draft.

Will someone take him, yes.

The kid is built to thrive, he could step into the NHL in 2 years physically... How many 16/17 year olds are built like a truck ?

He has on ice issues the could hold him back....

Happy now ? Is that worded correctly enough for you...

Old
05-05-2012, 11:01 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Happy now ? Is that worded correctly enough for you...
Word it however you want, it would take an out of body experience for me to say something as stupid as:
Quote:
Ya cause I'm jealous.. Jealous that they will be criticized by some hockey person everyday for the next 20 years... Jealous that they won't live a normal life and that they had to leave it all behind.... Cause that's what I dream of...
Quit while you're well behind please.

Old
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Word it however you want, it would take an out of body experience for me to say something as stupid as:

Quit while you're well behind please.
Sarcasm ??????hear of it ?

Old
05-05-2012, 04:21 PM
herbst20

BLB.....you are becoming less credible with each and every post. Wow you have friends that know these kids I am so impressed.

Granted I do not know how the Q works or about other players and what they were promised; however, I do know the Deluca situation which I consider pretty well. I have gotten to know his father pretty well through various forms of social media, and he took the time to call and explain the family's reasoning for not chosing the Q. It showed me how committed he is to the organization I choose to follow. This was a call I did not expect ( he got my number off facebook) but it is one I greatly appreciated.

You are correct in that the teams from the Q are throwing wild offers at him, but gaging from our conversation, it is not something the Delucas' need. Angelo seems to be a very successful business man and the $$$ is not a determining factor. Yes any 16-17 year old kid's eyes are going to come out of their head with the types of offers that are on the table, but a level headed parent has to make the decision what is best for the family. I believe in this case Mr. Deluca has, not only because I back the USHL, but also to guarentee a quality education for his son.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:12 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I don't know if I should ask this in here, seeing as how you guys have a lovers quarrel going on in here(seriously).

And you guys are all wrong and biased, and half of what your saying is baseless and inappropriate...

Anyways, Why were guys like Duclair and Frederik Gauthier drafted over DeLuca, if all 3 had strong commitments ?

If I'm correct Gauthier was top 10, and has a rock solid Havard commient, yet he was drafted by Rimouski...

Duclair had an article in the paper where he stated he prefered to go to Boston College, and well everyone says DeLuca Vermont bound, and some of you have backed that up, but others on the board haven't, and have said he will be in the Q ??

I followed the scoutman thread for awhile.. And there was talk of him.. That too was kinda funny, you guys get so serious.

Anyways why wasn't he taken ? Even if he's 100% going there ?

IHaveNoCreativity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I don't know if I should ask this in here, seeing as how you guys have a lovers quarrel going on in here(seriously).

And you guys are all wrong and biased, and half of what your saying is baseless and inappropriate...

Anyways, Why were guys like Duclair and Frederik Gauthier drafted over DeLuca, if all 3 had strong commitments ?

If I'm correct Gauthier was top 10, and has a rock solid Havard commient, yet he was drafted by Rimouski...

Duclair had an article in the paper where he stated he prefered to go to Boston College, and well everyone says DeLuca Vermont bound, and some of you have backed that up, but others on the board haven't, and have said he will be in the Q ??

I followed the scoutman thread for awhile.. And there was talk of him.. That too was kinda funny, you guys get so serious.

My best guess is that Gauthier & Duclair had talks with the teams that acquired their QMJHL rights and by talks I mean they hinted they might come to the Q for them specifically. If you only want to play for Quebec (Duclair), I doubt he would go in the papers saying "I want to go to college unless Quebec picks me." Then a team would go and draft him (Max Domi in the OHL type situation). Teams don't waste a top 5 round pick on a guy if they didn't get some sort feeling the player would report. If Duclair or Gauthier even hinted to a specific team that they might come over, it would be worth the later pick to get their rights just in case.

If De Luca told every single team, behind closed doors, that he wasn't going to report, why would anyone take him?

Old
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
My best guess is that Gauthier & Duclair had talks with the teams that acquired their QMJHL rights and by talks I mean they hinted they might come to the Q for them specifically. If you only want to play for Quebec (Duclair), I doubt he would go in the papers saying "I want to go to college unless Quebec picks me." Then a team would go and draft him (Max Domi in the OHL type situation). Teams don't waste a top 5 round pick on a guy if they didn't get some sort feeling the player would report. If Duclair or Gauthier even hinted to a specific team that they might come over, it would be worth the later pick to get their rights just in case.

If De Luca told every single team, behind closed doors, that he wasn't going to report, why would anyone take him?
Very good point...

Gauthier played Estherblondin this year... though..

so essentially duclair, pulled a pierre durepos..

still though weird that deluca wasnt, why not take a flyer ? matheson also did the same.. but got taken by moncton.. thats why ita weird.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Very good point...

Gauthier played Estherblondin this year... though..

so essentially duclair, pulled a pierre durepos..

still though weird that deluca wasnt, why not take a flyer ? matheson also did the same.. but got taken by moncton.. thats why ita weird.
It's really not that weird, it happens quite often. Best recent example I can think of is Darcy Ashley. He was committed to the NCAA, he got passed up in his first draft eligible year, played Maritime Jr. A then got picked by Halifax and played for them. He was ranked in the first round if I'm not mistaken and nobody bothered with taking him because he stood pretty firmly on his NCAA commitments.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
It's really not that weird, it happens quite often. Best recent example I can think of is Darcy Ashley. He was committed to the NCAA, he got passed up in his first draft eligible year, played Maritime Jr. A then got picked by Halifax and played for them. He was ranked in the first round if I'm not mistaken and nobody bothered with taking him because he stood pretty firmly on his NCAA commitments.
kk, so in Ashley's case he couda signed in like London if he wanted to ?

if deluca is not taken will he be like coyle where he can sign wherever ?

Old
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
kk, so in Ashley's case he couda signed in like London if he wanted to ?

if deluca is not taken will he be like coyle where he can sign wherever ?
Darcy Ashley got passed in his first go around, Halifax picked him the 2nd time in round 2, 25th overall.

If De Luca gets passed up entirely, he can go wherever he wants like Claude Giroux did but I highly doubt a team won't waste a 13th round pick on De Luca just to keep his rights in the Q.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Darcy Ashley got passed in his first go around, Halifax picked him the 2nd time in round 2, 25th overall.

If De Luca gets passed up entirely, he can go wherever he wants like Claude Giroux did but I highly doubt a team won't waste a 13th round pick on De Luca just to keep his rights in the Q.
so after the draft he will be free to go where he wants.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
so after the draft he will be free to go where he wants.
IF he goes undrafted. I think that's highly unlikely. If a team picks him early I'd start to think there's a chance he plays in the Q. Personally, I wouldn't waste my pick on a player that hasn't even hinted of coming to the Q when I can pick a 15 year old. I would however drop a later pick on him when the talent is really thin and the picks are less likely to pan out.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
IF he goes undrafted. I think that's highly unlikely. If a team picks him early I'd start to think there's a chance he plays in the Q. Personally, I wouldn't waste my pick on a player that hasn't even hinted of coming to the Q when I can pick a 15 year old. I would however drop a later pick on him when the talent is really thin and the picks are less likely to pan out.

this explains the sherbrooke rumor, ya we could use him in the lineup. he audette and a star euro would be thrilling.

just as long as he's a low round pick.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
herbst20

I am sure a Team in the Q will use a late round pick to draft him. The USHL team he is joining has 16 returning players from last years team. That leaves only 7 roster spots open. There is a chance (slight chance if he is as good as advertised) he might not make the team and choose the Q.

The 1st tryout camp in Cedar Rapids is June 8th -10th. I will be attending and will definately report what I see.

herbst20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:29 AM
CH4

Quote:

first Duclair and Gauthier are much better hockey players then deluca.

second you are right a team (ideally mine) should have taken a flyer on him in the 5th round last year, it was a low risk high reward situation.

Now it is certain that a team will get him in the later rounds. with the sherbrooke arrival I guess many 50 men lists will have hole and I don't expect many teams to pass in the last rounds as we usually see. I expect them to grab americans/ushl bounded player as guesses.

drafting these has paid off for the sags lately; Leblanc (acquired for basically nothing) and Matteau have been gold.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote