HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
LOL i love how you start with Bryz, and purposely left out all the goalies with more wins above him..
Bryz has 33 wins in the regular season. He was clearly a consistently good goaltender this year.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Bryz has 33 wins in the regular season. He was clearly a consistently good goaltender this year.
Forgot to add that 33 wins is good for 10th overall in the NHL.

Old
05-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
LOL i love how you start with Bryz, and purposely left out all the goalies with more wins above him..
of course. the point was to show who Bryz was equal to, or better than. the goalies above Bryz are clearly better than Bryz.

i didn't say he was ranked #1, just that he must be as good as Rinne & better than the others on the list below him because he has more wins.

aren't stats that cut and dry?

Last edited by Bernie Parent 1974: 05-08-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
inconsistent goaltending was the problem in the past, and Bryz is inconsistent, then that problem isn't solved.
that 'inconsistency' is not costing us in the playoffs; when we all said Bryz would be judged.

Quote:
I've also never once claimed he's the reason we are down.
games 3 and 4 are why we are down. Bryz was consistently very good to great to spectacular.

so you can say the 'inconsistency' has not been solved all you want. but thats not why we are losing.

and again, considering Bryz's up and down year, him not being the reason we are losing is good enough for mostly everybody here.

the goal is to not lose games in the playoffs. the best we could ask for was Bryz not to fall apart & be the reason we lose.

so far he has met the challenge. the rest of the team? not so much.

Quote:
I'm done with it. There's too much lunacy here, and arguing with loonies is a waste of time.
agreed. people complaining that he hasn't solved the problem, yet he isn't the reason we are losing IS lunacy.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:55 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

It is insane to not be able to process the simple thought that we are a team under this coach who's whole gimmick is attacking at all costs the other teams zone and goalie. at all costs means we do not make efforts to cover our own zone....at all. we pinch and attack and everything is geared towards puck possession and offense. we of course apply the standard defensive position when convenient but for a goalie to go from a system where offense was secondary to us takes time. it took time and he did adjust. He has been standing on his head but still letting in goals so because of that he's not getting credit. its either shutout or bust. that is stupid. just stupid. the games could be 8-4 every night with this system because of injuries, youth, etc. but their not. thats what i think is so frustrating for the "Brzbrigade" to understand. its not that complicated. but i know some want it even simpler. we pay goalie lots of money, he stops everything. it doesn't work that way. martin brodeur is considered one of the greatest goalies of all time but his best years were those spent on defensively superior teams. we are no where near something anyone would call defensively superior. Bryzgalov is a great goalie. he has solved our goaltending issues. now we have some "growing" to do as a team. there are a lot of new young players on this team and there are some oldies whose time has come. just pray the kings don't win this year. and we can all celebrate this year as a success.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
To everyone blaming the system:

Why did Cam Ward, a great but not elite goaltender like Bryz, have success under the same system, yet Bryz cannot?

Old
05-08-2012, 04:13 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

Why did Cam Ward, a great but not elite goaltender like Bryz, have success under the same system, yet Bryz cannot?
Different everything. different team. different opponents. also the "system" and cam ward didn't work after the first year. they missed the playoffs the next two seasons. i think we have the players to grow with this. its still new for this group of guys. I think he's played as well as cam ward. the team has not.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
ClarkeRuled

Bryz has been very steady in this series and, at times, spectacular. If not for him we would have lost Game 4 by a score of 8 or 9 to 2. He's not the reason that we're down 3-to-1. The Devil's have been killing us on the forecheck, and so far we haven't found a way to combat it. If we can't find a better way to at least control the puck for a while and create some scoring oppurtunities, this game will be the last of the season for the Flyers.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post

Come on, man, different team, different players. I think Ward is also a better goalie, but you're mixing apples and oranges. I mean, if you have the bodywork of a BMW, but everything inside, except for one piece, is a Lexus, is your car really a BMW? I know it's not a perfect comparison by any means, but the point of it is that the system is not the same. I would even venture to say the system is different from a year ago, let alone a different team.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:41 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfaninerie View Post
Bryz has been very steady in this series and, at times, spectacular. If not for him we would have lost Game 4 by a score of 8 or 9 to 2. He's not the reason that we're down 3-to-1. The Devil's have been killing us on the forecheck, and so far we haven't found a way to combat it. If we can't find a better way to at least control the puck for a while and create some scoring oppurtunities, this game will be the last of the season for the Flyers.
Your talking to the wall. they don't get it. the goalie lets in goals. he sucks. its really simple to understand that mentality. that retarded mentality.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
ClarkeRuled

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
just pray the kings don't win this year. and we can all celebrate this year as a success.
I understand what you're saying about the Kings winning it all. I agree it would suck if they did. But even if they do- and I don't believe they will- it will be because of Quick. Richards and Carter just HAPPEN to be on the team. It's not like the Kings wouldn't be where they are without them.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I understand what you're saying about the Kings winning it all. I agree it would suck if they did. But even if they do- and I don't believe they will- it will be because of Quick. Richards and Carter just HAPPEN to be on the team. It's not like the Kings wouldn't be where they are without them.
Richards has been HUGE for the kings. How can you even say that? Carter has also played well too. I don't think trading those two players was the mistake Holmgren made. The mistake, and I mean BIG mistake, was trading them to make room for Ilya Bryzgalov. The way Mike Smith is playing right now is no doubt probably making GMPH sick to his stomach. I get that Bryzgalov was a vezina finalist, but in reality, if he had the same season he had in 2009/10 this year, he probably would have finished out of the top 7 in vezina voting. He got a lot of notice because of the fact Pheonix had ended a long playoff drought.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
ClarkeRuled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Richards has been HUGE for the kings. How can you even say that? Carter has also played well too. I don't think trading those two players was the mistake Holmgren made. The mistake, and I mean BIG mistake, was trading them to make room for Ilya Bryzgalov. The way Mike Smith is playing right now is no doubt probably making GMPH sick to his stomach. I get that Bryzgalov was a vezina finalist, but in reality, if he had the same season he had in 2009/10 this year, he probably would have finished out of the top 7 in vezina voting. He got a lot of notice because of the fact Pheonix had ended a long playoff drought.
The Kings are where they are because of Quick. Plain and simple.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
And without Richards/Carter, they wouldn't be where they are now either.

05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Quick is amazing. Plain and simple. But he's not the only reason. Not even close to the only reason. Brown has been unreal. Richards has been great. And there defense is great too. Even guys like Penner are playing way over their heads. Watch the Kings intensity on the forecheck and you'll see why they are easily beating the best teams in the league. Mix that in with Quick, and they're pretty much unbeatable. Quick is obviously having an MVP like run right now, but he's carrying a very strong team on his back. Notice I didn't even mention Carter. If he gets going, watch out.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
ClarkeRuled

Quote:
I believe they would. Richards never took the bull by the horns in the playoffs when he was here. I think we got the best of that trade. I liked Carter as a Flyer more than Richards but he DID have a penchant for getting injured. I'll take Voracek and Couturier in a landslide.

Again, take Quick away and the Kings aren't in the Western Finals. He's the best player on that team.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Andre Poodle Lussier

Quote:
and without losing 15 games in OT and the SO, they wouldn't be in the playoffs either...

Dallas had more regulation and OT wins than LA yet misses the playoffs because they had fewer OTL's...gotta love the reward teams for bonus hockey feature of the NHL!

Old
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
I believe they would. Richards never took the bull by the horns in the playoffs when he was here. I think we got the best of that trade. I liked Carter as a Flyer more than Richards but he DID have a penchant for getting injured. I'll take Voracek and Courterier in a landslide.

Again, take Quick away and the Kings aren't in the Western Finals. He's the best player on that team.
That's not true. Take Quick away, and they're definitely not 8-1 after two rounds. But there's a good chance they still win both those series. They are playing strong as a team buddy. Have you even watched a Kings game?

Old
05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
ClarkeRuled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
That's not true. Take Quick away, and they're definitely not 8-1 after two rounds. But there's a good chance they still win both those series. They are playing strong as a team buddy. Have you even watched a Kings game?
I have. They're a solid team, no doubt. They DID finish 8th in the West. They got hot at just the right time AND they're riding a HOT goaltender. They're a great story. Even greater because of Quick. I love his style. He's very fun to watch. He makes their team.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Poodle Lussier View Post
and without losing 15 games in OT and the SO, they wouldn't be in the playoffs either...

Dallas had more regulation and OT wins than LA yet misses the playoffs because they had fewer OTL's...gotta love the reward teams for bonus hockey feature of the NHL!
Like it or not, these are the rules of the game. OTL points are not a reward, they are what they are. Dallas accepted these rules, and they lost out in the end fair and square. LA was just the better team.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
ClarkeRuled

I love the conversation here, guys. Great to talk hockey with people that actually know about it. It's tought to find people where I work that actually know the game. I enjoy this.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

The acquisition of Carter opened up LA's offense; since they've gotten him they've basically been a different team, and they likely don't make it to the playoffs without trading for him. Richards has been very solid for them as well so far in the postseason; before his concussion he was a major part of their offense as well. LA barely made it in; I think if you remove one of Brown, Richards, Carter, Quick, or Doughty...then that team likely doesn't make it to the playoffs.

Not that I think they're all equal, though...I think of all those players Quick remains the most important. His performance all year and into the playoffs has been remarkable.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

I look forward to seeing everyone defend Bryz on that goal. Was the sun in his eyes?

Old
05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Ouch. I'm so sorry guys Guy's just no lucky!

05-08-2012, 07:03 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I look forward to seeing everyone defend Bryz on that goal. Was the sun in his eyes?
Its obviously the system

Closed Thread