HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 0 0%
Derek Stepan 1 0.56%
Ryan Callahan 12 6.78%
Brad Richards 162 91.53%
Marian Gaborik 29 16.38%
Artem Anisimov 1 0.56%
Carl Hagelin 24 13.56%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Mike Rupp 0 0%
John Mitchell 14 7.91%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.69%
Dan Girardi 15 8.47%
Marc Staal 157 88.70%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.56%
Stu Bickel 1 0.56%
Steve Eminger 1 0.56%
Anton Stralman 47 26.55%
Henrik Lundqvist 37 20.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  #301
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,809
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeParadox View Post
Guys that went to the Garden last night............describe a bit how it felt on the tying and wining goals.
It's impossible, it really is. Both were absolutely nuts but the Richie one was crazy because the crowd went from a state of defeat to completely ape ****. Maybe someone else can describe it but I can't. Just picture everyone jumping on top of each other and into each others arms while going as crazy as you can.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
  #302
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
The phone camera shots from the crowd of the tying goal are amazing. i wish there was footage of the marc staal goal too... but ive only found footage after the goal was scored. MSG was going nuts.
Theres one on the SNY blog page

Riche16 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
  #303
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
It really is impossible to describe how it felt being there. Especially for Richie's goal.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
  #304
TimeParadox*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blue Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It's impossible, it really is. Both were absolutely nuts but the Richie one was crazy because the crowd went from a state of defeat to completely ape ****. Maybe someone else can describe it but I can't. Just picture everyone jumping on top of each other and into each others arms while going as crazy as you can.
Amazing to see complete strangers hugging and kissing(guessing) over a big win in sports. It shows that human beings, have the potential to actually be good to each other.

TimeParadox* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
  #305
TimeParadox*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blue Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
It really is impossible to describe how it felt being there. Especially for Richie's goal.
I saw a couple of live shots and it looks NUTS.

TimeParadox* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
  #306
savebyrichter35
Registered User
 
savebyrichter35's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It's impossible, it really is. Both were absolutely nuts but the Richie one was crazy because the crowd went from a state of defeat to completely ape ****. Maybe someone else can describe it but I can't. Just picture everyone jumping on top of each other and into each others arms while going as crazy as you can.
I saw my friend describe it best before. It was basically an 18,200 person group hug at MSG after both goals. Absolute complete insanity.

savebyrichter35 is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
  #307
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,655
vCash: 50
Oh how I envy to be at Garden at such a moment.

Bob Richards is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
  #308
nyrage
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeParadox View Post
Amazing to see complete strangers hugging and kissing(guessing) over a big win in sports. It shows that human beings, have the potential to actually be good to each other.
You should have seen us at the Garden back in the 94 when we won the Cup. It was the greatest feeling ever. People all over the streets of NY were high-fiving and hugging each other. The bars were giving out free drinks. It was great. I stayed out in the city all night and went straight to work that morning.

nyrage is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
  #309
TimeParadox*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blue Earth
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
You should have seen us at the Garden back in the 94 when we won the Cup. It was the greatest feeling ever. People all over the streets of NY were high-fiving and hugging each other. The bars were giving out free drinks. It was great. I stayed out in the city all night and went straight to work that morning.
I know, my ex went to the game and told me.

TimeParadox* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
  #310
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I disagree with your opinion, although I do understand what you are trying to get across. I was the one who brought up this initial point earlier in this thread because it pisses me off how many people post stupid things during the game like "this team is terrible, got lucky to be here", "not a first place team", "richards is a crap when will he earn his paycheck", "im done with this team, we cant score goals"

These are the stupid ass comments that make me post during the games to tell people to shut up and find a new team if your going to rag on them every time we are losing. Part of the game is battling and trying to come back when down (which the Rangers do very successfully), yet whenever we are down we suddenly have "the worst team" in the playoffs somehow.
I see what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of people post a lot of things that would annoy people who are just more optimistic than others but (and i can't speak for anyone else) when the Rangers are down I get super mad and throw stuff and curse them out but that only because I have a short fuse and I'm really passionate about them scoring goals. Others see the glass half full and are still the same as the angry guy, everyone wants them to win.

I was 99.9 percent sure they were going to lose last night, I was angry and I said a lot of of things like "I'm sick of this team letting me down" or what ever but when they won it was one of the best feelings in the world for me. To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
  #311
Click
Rookie User
 
Click's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeParadox View Post
Amazing to see complete strangers hugging and kissing(guessing) over a big win in sports. It shows that human beings, have the potential to actually be good to each other.
Especially in the middle of NYC, a city where everyone has a "mind your own businees," or "F off" attitude. Sports brings true joy (and other emotions) out of people.

Click is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
  #312
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I see what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of people post a lot of things that would annoy people who are just more optimistic than others but (and i can't speak for anyone else) when the Rangers are down I get super mad and throw stuff and curse them out but that only because I have a short fuse and I'm really passionate about them scoring goals. Others see the glass half full and are still the same as the angry guy, everyone wants them to win.

I was 99.9 percent sure they were going to lose last night, I was angry and I said a lot of of things like "I'm sick of this team letting me down" or what ever but when they won it was one of the best feelings in the world for me. To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.
This. It's easy to get frustrated as a fan of this team.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
  #313
Click
Rookie User
 
Click's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.

Click is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
  #314
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,542
vCash: 500
Richards's tying goal:


Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
  #315
BigMamaBlueberry
R.I.P. Boogie
 
BigMamaBlueberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Can't believe the boys pulled that off, such an exciting finish to a game that had "let down" written all over it. Really hope we close out the series tomorrow. Let's Go Rangers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I get kinda annoyed by that Bacardi commercial. They keep showing that woman playing a trumpet. In the song the trumpets clearly have mutes (that's what gives them a wah-wah sound). She was clearly playing a trumpet without one.

As a musician, this bothers me.
Know it's kinda late to comment on this, but I HATE that commercial. I noticed the lack of mutes the first time I saw it. Also love the way she was "playing" the trumpet (I was a musician too, so it really grinds my gears).




BigMamaBlueberry is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
  #316
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.
And by everyone you mean a small sect of people, and then you lump in everybody else who criticizes the teams inability to win the game after dominating through two periods.

Stay on your high horse all you want but it's really obnoxious when the rest of us are celebrating a great win.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
  #317
Click
Rookie User
 
Click's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMamaBlueberry View Post
Know it's kinda late to comment on this, but I HATE that commercial. I noticed the lack of mutes the first time I saw it. Also love the way she was "playing" the trumpet (I was a musician too, so it really grinds my gears).



LOL

They could have at least showed that chick how to hold a trumpet. I played a trumpet for 7 years and seeing that image makes me go

Click is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
  #318
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.
Yeah, I wish these people would just shut it. It's one thing if we're getting blown out and playing terribly. But I just can't stand it when we give up the first goal and people are saying season's over despite the fact we're only 5 minutes into the first period. Seriously? It's so juvenile. Have a little faith. And your team doesn't suck if they don't win every game for crying out loud. Grow up.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
  #319
Click
Rookie User
 
Click's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And by everyone you mean a small sect of people, and then you lump in everybody else who criticizes the teams inability to win the game after dominating through two periods.

Stay on your high horse all you want but it's really obnoxious when the rest of us are celebrating a great win.
Small sect? Not really. For 3-4 pages, it was non-stop crying and posts of "fans" giving up and surrendering the season. Talk about obnoxious. It was annoying and obnoxious reading all that garbage when we were only down by 1 goal.

I don't feel like quoting all the schmucks spamming the GDT with their white flag-waving, but people can go back and revisit that thread if they want.

High horse? When did I ever say I'm better than anyone? Good one.

Click is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
  #320
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Random note: John Mitchell speaks very similarly to Adam Graves. Maybe they're from the same province? Either way, he sounded very much like Graves with his pronunciation of certain words.

This makes me like him a little more.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
  #321
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,050
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Richards's tying goal:

Too bad there's isn't one for staalsy

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
  #322
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.
lol numnut.

Ok well that's your opinion friend and this is a place where everybody is free to share their opinion. If you don't like what you're reading then make your own GDT and name it the "come on gang, everythings gunna be great" thread. But i mean, people are going to say **** man, that's just how it is, it sounds to me like you just want to start arguments. We can agree to disagree but it seems to me like you're the one being angry now.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
  #323
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Too bad there's isn't one for staalsy
Ask and you shall receive...



They both are beautiful fan shots.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
  #324
NHRangerfan
enfoonts
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMamaBlueberry View Post
Can't believe the boys pulled that off, such an exciting finish to a game that had "let down" written all over it. Really hope we close out the series tomorrow. Let's Go Rangers!!!



Know it's kinda late to comment on this, but I HATE that commercial. I noticed the lack of mutes the first time I saw it. Also love the way she was "playing" the trumpet (I was a musician too, so it really grinds my gears).



Even better is the new Capital One commercial with Jimmy Fallon playing a Gibson acoustic...he hands it to baby who smashes it off camera and hands him back an Epiphone.

NHRangerfan is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
  #325
RangerFanInJersey
Registered User
 
RangerFanInJersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Anybody else notice how close the puck came to going over the glass when Cally put it towards the corner just after the face-off before Richards' goal? Watching it live I was convinced that it was going over the glass...

RangerFanInJersey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.