HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Capitals @ Rangers ECSF Game 5

View Poll Results: Who are the top 3 stars of the game?
Chris Kreider 0 0%
Derek Stepan 1 0.56%
Ryan Callahan 12 6.78%
Brad Richards 162 91.53%
Marian Gaborik 29 16.38%
Artem Anisimov 1 0.56%
Carl Hagelin 24 13.56%
Ruslan Fedotenko 0 0%
Brandon Prust 0 0%
Mike Rupp 0 0%
John Mitchell 14 7.91%
Ryan McDonagh 3 1.69%
Dan Girardi 15 8.47%
Marc Staal 157 88.70%
Michael Del Zotto 1 0.56%
Stu Bickel 1 0.56%
Steve Eminger 1 0.56%
Anton Stralman 47 26.55%
Henrik Lundqvist 37 20.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 05:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeParadox View Post
Guys that went to the Garden last night............describe a bit how it felt on the tying and wining goals.
It's impossible, it really is. Both were absolutely nuts but the Richie one was crazy because the crowd went from a state of defeat to completely ape ****. Maybe someone else can describe it but I can't. Just picture everyone jumping on top of each other and into each others arms while going as crazy as you can.

05-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravey9 View Post
The phone camera shots from the crowd of the tying goal are amazing. i wish there was footage of the marc staal goal too... but ive only found footage after the goal was scored. MSG was going nuts.
Theres one on the SNY blog page

Old
05-08-2012, 05:35 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

It really is impossible to describe how it felt being there. Especially for Richie's goal.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:36 PM
TimeParadox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
It's impossible, it really is. Both were absolutely nuts but the Richie one was crazy because the crowd went from a state of defeat to completely ape ****. Maybe someone else can describe it but I can't. Just picture everyone jumping on top of each other and into each others arms while going as crazy as you can.
Amazing to see complete strangers hugging and kissing(guessing) over a big win in sports. It shows that human beings, have the potential to actually be good to each other.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
TimeParadox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
It really is impossible to describe how it felt being there. Especially for Richie's goal.
I saw a couple of live shots and it looks NUTS.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:52 PM
savebyrichter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I saw my friend describe it best before. It was basically an 18,200 person group hug at MSG after both goals. Absolute complete insanity.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Oh how I envy to be at Garden at such a moment.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:01 PM
nyrage

Quote:
Amazing to see complete strangers hugging and kissing(guessing) over a big win in sports. It shows that human beings, have the potential to actually be good to each other.
You should have seen us at the Garden back in the 94 when we won the Cup. It was the greatest feeling ever. People all over the streets of NY were high-fiving and hugging each other. The bars were giving out free drinks. It was great. I stayed out in the city all night and went straight to work that morning.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:03 PM
TimeParadox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
You should have seen us at the Garden back in the 94 when we won the Cup. It was the greatest feeling ever. People all over the streets of NY were high-fiving and hugging each other. The bars were giving out free drinks. It was great. I stayed out in the city all night and went straight to work that morning.
I know, my ex went to the game and told me.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I disagree with your opinion, although I do understand what you are trying to get across. I was the one who brought up this initial point earlier in this thread because it pisses me off how many people post stupid things during the game like "this team is terrible, got lucky to be here", "not a first place team", "richards is a crap when will he earn his paycheck", "im done with this team, we cant score goals"

These are the stupid ass comments that make me post during the games to tell people to shut up and find a new team if your going to rag on them every time we are losing. Part of the game is battling and trying to come back when down (which the Rangers do very successfully), yet whenever we are down we suddenly have "the worst team" in the playoffs somehow.
I see what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of people post a lot of things that would annoy people who are just more optimistic than others but (and i can't speak for anyone else) when the Rangers are down I get super mad and throw stuff and curse them out but that only because I have a short fuse and I'm really passionate about them scoring goals. Others see the glass half full and are still the same as the angry guy, everyone wants them to win.

I was 99.9 percent sure they were going to lose last night, I was angry and I said a lot of of things like "I'm sick of this team letting me down" or what ever but when they won it was one of the best feelings in the world for me. To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Click
Rookie User

Quote:
Especially in the middle of NYC, a city where everyone has a "mind your own businees," or "F off" attitude. Sports brings true joy (and other emotions) out of people.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I see what you're saying and I'm sure a lot of people post a lot of things that would annoy people who are just more optimistic than others but (and i can't speak for anyone else) when the Rangers are down I get super mad and throw stuff and curse them out but that only because I have a short fuse and I'm really passionate about them scoring goals. Others see the glass half full and are still the same as the angry guy, everyone wants them to win.

I was 99.9 percent sure they were going to lose last night, I was angry and I said a lot of of things like "I'm sick of this team letting me down" or what ever but when they won it was one of the best feelings in the world for me. To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.
This. It's easy to get frustrated as a fan of this team.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Click
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
To read someone (I don't think it was you but I'm not sure) say things like "where are all the **** talkers now? sure, after we win everyone's happy and not talking so much **** etc.." or "everyone giving up on the Rangers are pathetic" I mean...come on now. Sorry if I rambled there but I agree with you that some people are ridiculous in saying "this is the worst team" and "this is all Hanks fault" (sorry Snowblind) Those comments can get annoying but calling people pathetic and practically making it sound like they're not real fans or ignorant as someone else posted, is just mind boggling.
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Richards's tying goal:

Old
05-08-2012, 06:45 PM
BigMamaBlueberry
R.I.P. Boogie

Can't believe the boys pulled that off, such an exciting finish to a game that had "let down" written all over it. Really hope we close out the series tomorrow. Let's Go Rangers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I get kinda annoyed by that Bacardi commercial. They keep showing that woman playing a trumpet. In the song the trumpets clearly have mutes (that's what gives them a wah-wah sound). She was clearly playing a trumpet without one.

As a musician, this bothers me.
Know it's kinda late to comment on this, but I HATE that commercial. I noticed the lack of mutes the first time I saw it. Also love the way she was "playing" the trumpet (I was a musician too, so it really grinds my gears).

Old
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Click View Post
I said it and I'll say it again if the numbnut, defeatist, weenie Rangers "fans" pull the same crap they pulled in the GDT like they did last night.

You can try and explain your "anger" at the team all you want and try your best to defend the defeatist "fans" all you want. Last night's GDT was pathetic. We were only down 1 goal and everyone was saying stupid crap like "this team sucks," "season's over," and "see ya next year, guys." Again, WE WERE DOWN 1 GOAL and the series WAS tied 2-2. Most retarded garbage I've ever seen from supposed "fans" of a sports team.
And by everyone you mean a small sect of people, and then you lump in everybody else who criticizes the teams inability to win the game after dominating through two periods.

Stay on your high horse all you want but it's really obnoxious when the rest of us are celebrating a great win.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
Click
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMamaBlueberry View Post
Know it's kinda late to comment on this, but I HATE that commercial. I noticed the lack of mutes the first time I saw it. Also love the way she was "playing" the trumpet (I was a musician too, so it really grinds my gears).

LOL

They could have at least showed that chick how to hold a trumpet. I played a trumpet for 7 years and seeing that image makes me go

Old
05-08-2012, 06:53 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Yeah, I wish these people would just shut it. It's one thing if we're getting blown out and playing terribly. But I just can't stand it when we give up the first goal and people are saying season's over despite the fact we're only 5 minutes into the first period. Seriously? It's so juvenile. Have a little faith. And your team doesn't suck if they don't win every game for crying out loud. Grow up.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
Click
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
And by everyone you mean a small sect of people, and then you lump in everybody else who criticizes the teams inability to win the game after dominating through two periods.

Stay on your high horse all you want but it's really obnoxious when the rest of us are celebrating a great win.
Small sect? Not really. For 3-4 pages, it was non-stop crying and posts of "fans" giving up and surrendering the season. Talk about obnoxious. It was annoying and obnoxious reading all that garbage when we were only down by 1 goal.

I don't feel like quoting all the schmucks spamming the GDT with their white flag-waving, but people can go back and revisit that thread if they want.

High horse? When did I ever say I'm better than anyone? Good one.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Random note: John Mitchell speaks very similarly to Adam Graves. Maybe they're from the same province? Either way, he sounded very much like Graves with his pronunciation of certain words.

This makes me like him a little more.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:18 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Richards's tying goal:

Too bad there's isn't one for staalsy

Old
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

Quote:

lol numnut.

Ok well that's your opinion friend and this is a place where everybody is free to share their opinion. If you don't like what you're reading then make your own GDT and name it the "come on gang, everythings gunna be great" thread. But i mean, people are going to say **** man, that's just how it is, it sounds to me like you just want to start arguments. We can agree to disagree but it seems to me like you're the one being angry now.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Too bad there's isn't one for staalsy
Ask and you shall receive...

They both are beautiful fan shots.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:27 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMamaBlueberry View Post
Can't believe the boys pulled that off, such an exciting finish to a game that had "let down" written all over it. Really hope we close out the series tomorrow. Let's Go Rangers!!!

Even better is the new Capital One commercial with Jimmy Fallon playing a Gibson acoustic...he hands it to baby who smashes it off camera and hands him back an Epiphone.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
RangerFanInJersey

Anybody else notice how close the puck came to going over the glass when Cally put it towards the corner just after the face-off before Richards' goal? Watching it live I was convinced that it was going over the glass...

Closed Thread