HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
MTechnik
vroommm

vCash: 105
Just come back next March.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:53 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I wonder how much use his shooting trainer in his garage has gotten? Probably gathering quite a bit of dust. I'd definitely be listening to offers on him...damaged goods and likely always will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
How many of you now feel bad for ripping him to pieces during the playoffs? *slowly raises hand*
My guess is that the shoulder was never fully healed and he rushed himself back into action too quick and then sometime during the season it started getting sore, but he was too proud and AV and Gillis never really gave Cody a chance to succeed long-term in Vancouver and therefore after the Trade Deadline he was just aggravating it game-in, game-out. Mistakes made all around.

He shouldn't be back till December, with Schroeder as 2nd line center or not. If he's healthy by November hold him back a couple of weeks and let him get up to speed. If he's in by October, it's clear no one has learned anything from this season. We don't him healthy for October or November anymore, we need him healthy for April/May and hopefully June. I'll be pissed if we make this same mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Looking back on that, I can't believe he waited until August to get that hip surgery done. WTF?
And he was back within 2.5 months Now he's going to need another 6 months when all he needed to do was wait 1 or 2 more months and he might have not needed this surgery. He better wait the full 6 months.

Last edited by Reverend Mayhem: 05-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 04:56 PM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

vCash: 500
This guy is going to be useless by the time he's 30 at this rate.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
1 for you, 19 for me

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
Yeah because its not like this city didn't have a mini freak out because of our record in October before he came back.

Its always the same thing: Over the Summer fans want the player to take more time off & rehab until he is 110% but then the season roles around & we go through our usual October funk. Fans start freaking out (even though they should be used to the Oct funk by now) and the pressure starts being put onto the injured player to return as soon as possible.
Which is funny, because I'm telling all the other posters last October to calm down and myself in January I am freaking out. That's mainly because every October we do the same thing - go .500 playing way below our own standards and then we go on a tear the rest of the way. I still can't believe some fans haven't learned this. It's happened the last 6 years, and we've won 5 division titles (top 3 conference finishes) by doing so. It's gonna be the same process with AV every year and as long as we are in that top 3 by April, frankly, I don't give a damn.

It's going to be a ****-show this October though, if you thought last year was bad, come back to the boards this October. Posts about "Is this team's window closed?", "Fire AV+Gillis", "Trade (star player[s])", "Should we have stuck with Luongo?"*wishful thinking will be rampant. Just a prediction. And I will probably be taking a vacation from these boards and all other media sources.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:06 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reds81 View Post
So not only will the Nucks be on the look-out for a 3rd line centre but now also a 2nd line centre for 1/2 the season.

Next season is already looking depressing.

If AV comes back, might as well shut down Lions Gate Bridge....
I disagree. Hopefully this is the impetus Gillis needs to go balls out for for some offensive depth, we need another top 6 capable centre and a good top 6 winger.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:08 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatles View Post
I have no idea the actual date or who we were playing but I think it may have happened during one game when he hopped over a player around the net & went flying shoulder first into the end boards. I remember it looked pretty bad at the time. However the Kronwall Hit does make a lot of sense too & explains why Kesler was SO angry after it & challenged him to a fight.
Possible but the flaw in that is who challenges when you just busted your shoulder? Kesler wasn't showing signs of being hurt just angry.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Just A Bit Outside
Playoffs??!

I can picture it now:

Gillis re-signs Pahlsson and is given 2nd line centre duties as AV does not trust Schroeder. Then we have:

1. Sedin
2. Pahlsson
3. Malhotra
4. Lapierre

The result: Canuck fans heads explode

Old
05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
MikeK

vCash: 14214
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
And that something would be called "pessimism".
Or realism

Old
05-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Kmode

We should be able to overcome this injury simply because we have a great, young, up and coming Center in Cody Hodgson who should finally get the playing time he deserves.....oh wait a sec...FML

Old
05-08-2012, 06:04 PM
El Tigre Chino

Does anyone know which shoulder he got the surgery on? If it's his left shoulder (which is what I had) then it wont hamper him much. I was back skating and shooting about 4 months after surgery and never really affected my shot. If it's his right shoulder then it could take longer to recover.

Although it is a 6 month recovery, that is the timeline to be cleared to play and good to go. I'm almost 9 month post op and I'm starting to get back my range of motion and building strength back in my shoulder. Being a professional athlete he should be able to recover a lot quicker but I hope he takes his time to be the best he can be, even if it means taking an extra month or two.

Taylor Hall had the same surgery and he ended his season early to get surgery in order to be able to return for next season. I believe he had his in march and is aiming for a september return so that should be a rough timeline for Kesler.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:05 PM
NucksOnly
Go Whitecaps & Lions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmode View Post
We should be able to overcome this injury simply because we have a great, young, up and coming Center in Cody Hodgson who should finally get the playing time he deserves.....oh wait a sec...FML
Ugh, more Cody. Screw Cody and his pain in the ass posse. Good riddence...

Last edited by NucksOnly: 05-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 06:10 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Wow what a shock, this guy is extremely broken down already, always hurt. If he was hurt in February he should have taken a month off to increase his chances of making it through the playoffs. But no, as usual he's too stubborn and stupid to think about anything but the present.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:17 PM
CASUAL KEV
Jack Adams™

Who is gonna start as the 2nd line center? Lappiere lol?

Old
05-08-2012, 06:19 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK REBEL View Post
Who is gonna start as the 2nd line center? Lappiere lol?
Booth Lapierre Raymond

GM of the year!

Old
05-08-2012, 06:20 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
Wow what a shock, this guy is extremely broken down already, always hurt. If he was hurt in February he should have taken a month off to increase his chances of making it through the playoffs. But no, as usual he's too stubborn and stupid to think about anything but the present.
Yeah, I'm sure a couple of weeks off would've fixed that shoulder right up.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Beats playing pointless games with it. If anything he was risking further injury to the shoulder or new injuries because of compensating for his shoulder injury.

No reason to play those games when hurt. He played terribly anyways. And IF he was hurt before the deadline and they still traded hodgson then WOW that was stupid.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Canucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
I've been doing some reading on torn labrums and depending on the severity of the injury its possible to rehab the injury without surgery. The article I read says it takes 4-6 weeks to rehab. Obviously we don't know the details or the extent of the injury, but if he could play for several months with it, I doubt it was too severe. If a 4-6 week rehab was an available option, even if he had to have surgery to fix it in the off season it would probably have been a better option than him trying to play through it.

Quote:
If you have an injury that is not too severe, you may be able to avoid surgery. Even so, a labrum injury will require rehab to restore full strength and flexibility to the rotor cuff and muscles of the shoulder blade, as well as to keep the top of the humerus in the glenoid. Non-surgical rehab should take from four to six weeks.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/42...#ixzz1uKASmYxk

Old
05-08-2012, 06:51 PM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentHopkinsfan View Post
why is everyone so down on kesler, he was instrumental in our run to another president's trophy and we know you can never have too many of those

Old
05-08-2012, 06:59 PM
NugentHopkinsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
why is everyone so down on kesler, he was instrumental in our run to another president's trophy and we know you can never have too many of those
This season was supposed to be about more than a regular season award.

We won one playoff game, Kesler was terrible and in addition to that a diving, whining embarrassment, and as usual got hurt just like every other year in the playoffs.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:06 PM
shortshorts
broken athlete

Has Gillis mentioned anything about brain surgery yet? Or did they take Kesler to the spa afterwards? :

Why continue to shoot when your shoulder is ****ed up? Why not make short passes and how about letting someone else have the puck?

Our fans need to take down the Kesler down a notch as much as he needs to take himself down a notch. I'm all for the gritty 50point selke winner rather than the 70point selfish sniper. Being the 50point warrior is what made him a God in this city.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Basso

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Has Gillis mentioned anything about brain surgery yet? Or did they take Kesler to the spa afterwards? :

Why continue to shoot when your shoulder is ****ed up? Why not make short passes and how about letting someone else have the puck?

Our fans need to take down the Kesler down a notch as much as he needs to take himself down a notch. I'm all for the gritty 50point selke winner rather than the 70point selfish sniper. Being the 50point warrior is what made him a God in this city.
Now we know why AV called him out on using his linemates!

Old
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
KISSland

How long is he out for?

Edit:

6 months? **** there goes another training session.. Great.

Last edited by KISSland: 05-08-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Minimalist*

Nevermind.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:58 PM
m9

All this Kesler hate is bit disheartening. People saying he's an idiot, wanting him traded, saying he should be a third liner. I don't want to trade Kesler, I want more Keslers.

Then people saying they should rest him until the playoffs next year? Are these the same people who thought we should rest Daniel until the Stanley Cup Final this year before the series vs LA? The sense of entitlement is mind-blowing, like it'll just be a waltz into the playoffs again. Who knows what kind of start we are looking at without Kesler.

It sucks he's gotten hurt these last couple of years, but I appreciate what he's done the last couple of years. Hopefully he can make a good recovery and be back on that 2nd line as soon as possible.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:59 PM
hackey

And Sami Salo has successfully passed the baton to...

are there any poisonous snakes native to Detroit?

Closed Thread