HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Niemi + ??? for Nash?

Old
05-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Here's some Phil10 for you:

If we don't give up Couture or Pavelski, we won't get Nash.
We aren't giving up Couture or Pavelski.
--------------------------------------------------
Therefore, we aren't getting Nash.

So there. End of thread.
I don't know about this anymore. Before the playoffs I would have totally agreed with you. Now .. I wouldnt be too surprised if DW packages up Pavs in a deal for Nash. He wont do Couture but I can definitely see Pavs going to the Jackets. Not sayin I like it but I can see that happen.

P.S: your posts on the trade forums are hilarious. You are always so feisty.

05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
I don't know about this anymore. Before the playoffs I would have totally agreed with you. Now .. I wouldnt be too surprised if DW packages up Pavs in a deal for Nash. He wont do Couture but I can definitely see Pavs going to the Jackets. Not sayin I like it but I can see that happen.

P.S: your posts on the trade forums are hilarious. You are always so feisty.
Hm. It just depends on if DW is level-headed or believes in the "What have you done for me lately". But DW is pretty sly, I don't think he'd make a mistake like that over a dozen bad playoff games, especially considering Pavs was injured for most of them.

And thanks? I don't know if that's a compliment or not.

(But you know I'll be there to defend Marleau to the death, if those posts are what you are referring to )

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:40 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 View Post
i dont care much for nash, but i'd be willing to part with pavelski, clowe, and murray as the exchange (post #140)
As has been exhaustively detailed, Pavelski is a better player than nash signed to a better contract in everyway statistically relevant for the past two seasons.

So you want to trade a better player, for a worse player, + add in another top-6 forward and top-4 dman?

I am really glad you are not running this team (into the ground).

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
gonegonegone*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
As has been exhaustively detailed, Pavelski is a better player than nash signed to a better contract in everyway statistically relevant for the past two seasons.

So you want to trade a better player, for a worse player, + add in another top-6 forward and top-4 dman?

I am really glad you are not running this team (into the ground).
hopefully no one would toss pavs. but i really think clowe, niemi, demers?, and a pick could be enough to get nash. i just don't think cbj has that many options. nash only had 5 teams on his list, with LA and boston not realistic options. if heater's return was bad, why would nash be significantly better? heater at least had a 50 goal season and won awards, unlike nash who hasn't really done anything that impressive stat-wise. also parise will be the real prize, a better player who won't cost you assets and will still be in the same ballpark as nash's 8 mil. thus nash's market is just not that big, period.

and if that's all it takes, why not? this team needs a shake up. i'd be curious at the very least to see what bffs jt + nash can do too.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Hm. It just depends on if DW is level-headed or believes in the "What have you done for me lately". But DW is pretty sly, I don't think he'd make a mistake like that over a dozen bad playoff games, especially considering Pavs was injured for most of them.

And thanks? I don't know if that's a compliment or not.

(But you know I'll be there to defend Marleau to the death, if those posts are what you are referring to )
Lol. Compliment for sure.

You are like the Mama bear to Marleau as Clowe is Papa bear to Couture. Well .. that is before he stopped doing that anyway.

Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Lol. Compliment for sure.

You are like the Mama bear to Marleau as Clowe is Papa bear to Couture. Well .. that is before he stopped doing that anyway.
Then, why thank you. You're too kind.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote