HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier didnít like Ryan McDonagh

Old
05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

vCash: 500
Thats ok, the whole city of Montreal doesnt like Pierre Gauthier.

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:11 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Usually, you are the one who loves for people to talk about the subject in hand and not go all over the place, so while I know you mostly responded to the guy talking about a tough year, you do finish by saying that I don't understand that McDonagh is playing with Richards and Gaborik....Why is that? 'Cause I bring up the number of points of McDonagh? Well that was solely in response to how non-existant his offensive game. Did I mention that McDonagh will end up being a better offensive d-man than Subban? Where? And this "who is better", I would never had believe would have been coming from you...Since when do we know who is better solely by looking at the +/- stats? Did I do that? Where am I dissing Subban? At the very worst, I'm saying that I'd trust McDonagh more in a defensive mission...how is that a crime? And by saying it, I TOTALLY know that Subban is very good in that department and is NOT the supposed liability than some stupid people wants us to beleive. But the very main point is that we would need a guy like McDonagh on our ranks. Period. No matter who's there. No matter who's coming. McDonagh is right now better than what's coming 'cause he's actually doing it. And McDonagh would clearly be a top 4 in our team and would have helped greatly to make up for the loss of Markov. How can anyone deny that is beyond me.

And stats for stats, I could also note that while the Rangers have Richards and Gaborik, they still only scored 15 more goals than us on a 82-game season. So McDo had to do something good. And for once people can't used the Grabovski excuse which is "Well of course he's great, he's alone playing all this time for a very bad team". But then strangely, even when an ex player for a very good team, there are other excuses coming in.

And my other main point, is about you don't use a few games span, heck you don't even use a sophomore year and especially not an average WJC, to dislike a player and thinks he's expendable when just 2 years before your head scout, maybe the best head scout in the business, just told you that he will be something special.
Maybe Gauthier thought that McDonagh was "Fischer v.2" ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
icerocket

**** Mister mister.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

He's not even that good...did McDonagh ever score 50 pts in the ECHL? Didn't think so!

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
**** Mister mister.
Somebody play me some Kyrie.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:46 PM
jwolf

I so didn't want to be drawn over to the Dark Side. I was content to focus on the the New Hope, but this is too infuriating:

Brian Wilde just reiterated a tidbit of info that I had dismissed as a rumour a while ago: Timmins didn't want anything to do with Fischer. He had his eye on someone else (any guesses?), but "Upper Management" felt the need to go with the defenceman.

Wilde only brought it up because, as he put it, "it's common knowledge now" among hockey people in MTL.

Now I know why monkeys hurl their feces at eachother: if I met PG, it would be the only gesture that would totally capture how I feel about him. Gainey shares the blame too, but is excluded from the monkey treatment, because... well, he's Bob.

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I so didn't want to be drawn over to the Dark Side. I was content to focus on the the New Hope, but this is too infuriating:

Brian Wilde just reiterated a tidbit of info that I had dismissed as a rumour a while ago: Timmins didn't want anything to do with Fischer. He had his eye on someone else (any guesses?), but "Upper Management" felt the need to go with the defenceman.

Wilde only brought it up because, as he put it, "it's common knowledge now" among hockey people in MTL.

Now I know why monkeys hurl their feces at eachother: if I met PG, it would be the only gesture that would totally capture how I feel about him. Gainey shares the blame too, but is excluded from the monkey treatment, because... well, he's Bob.
wow...

i had not heard that rumour before... wonder how truthful it is? certainly would explain it somewhat, as much as any scout will "miss" occasionally, the Fisher miss was by far the worst pick Timmins had made... uncharacteristically bad i would say.

with all the rumours and comments from disgruntled ex-players/staff, to go with the all to obvious roster blunders, I don't know how anyone can look back on the Gainey-Gauthier tenure positively.

without Timmins' drafting success and inheriting some solid pieces (Markov, Koivu, Theodore, Ribs, Ryder, Pleks, souray, higgins, komisarek, rivet), last season would have been the norm instead of the mediocre 6-10 seeding the team "enjoyed" under their watch.

even as a rookie, it will be very very difficult for Bergevin to do much worse, especially if he keeps Timmins in charge of the draft.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post

Yeah it was one veteran scout who swore on his grave or something that Fischer was going to be a great prospect. Sigh.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Yeah it was one veteran scout who swore on his grave or something that Fischer was going to be a great prospect. Sigh.
Time to find that guy's grave.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 03:50 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
The only veteran scout I know of that would have Gainey/Gauthier's ear would be Frankie Jay. Quel brainfart!!

jwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:15 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

That scout was definitly a spy trying to sabotage us.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I know that the Ribeiro trade is an example of a wasted asset. On paper it doesn't get much worse. But I really didn't care when we made that trade. I hated Ribeiro and I suspect the trade was made to send a message to him.

Thing is, you can do that kind of trade once. You can't do it over and over and it seems like we've done that on at least a few occassions.

It seemed to be more of a statement than an actual trade but yeah... if you're going to make a statement like that, at least get a somewhat decent asset out of it. We couldn't even manage that.

Houle was a puppet. Corey is to blame. Houle was the Gord Stellick of the Montreal Canadiens.

Nice.
The Gainey/Goat era was a prime example of what not to do with your assets. He let so many players walk for nothing and traded prosects and draft picks away for virtually nothing. As far as Houle goes he deserves alot of the blame for his era but I'm sure Corey had alot of input in some of the terrible moves he made. Who is to say for sure.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Time to find that guy's grave.

on another note, while it was somewhat enlightening to know it was goat and not bob that disliked McDo (or maybe bob didn't like him either), im getting fed up with the mcdonaugh tears... time to move on.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

on another note, while it was somewhat enlightening to know it was goat and not bob that disliked McDo (or maybe bob didn't like him either), im getting fed up with the mcdonaugh tears... time to move on.
His career is just getting started. Get used to it. It's going to get worse...

Old
05-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Not if Subban, Beaulieu, Emelin, and Tinordi all have great careers.

Who knows, maybe Bergevin will offer sheet McDo one day or sign him as a UFA.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
That scout was definitly a spy trying to sabotage us.
Still working for us.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:32 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
He's not even that good...did McDonagh ever score 50 pts in the ECHL? Didn't think so!

And McDo will NEVER get 50 points in the ECHL, NEVER...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:33 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
i know... mcdo good, gomez bad, trade terrible, monsieur gauthier horrible, we all know

but for ****'s sake, some posters need to man-up. like in every GDT from now on that will involve the rangers, everytime McDo touches the puck, some wise-ass will post this

Quote:
McDonagh
thinking he's posting something that already hasn't been posted 1,306,392,451 times before

Gnaaa!

Old
05-08-2012, 08:37 PM
pine*

McDonagh

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:39 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
McDonagh
ok, got me

Old
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claimed Off Waivers View Post
Not if Subban, Beaulieu, Emelin, and Tinordi all have great careers.
It won't matter. People still talk about Chelios and we won a freaking cup with Savard. A dumb trade is a dumb trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claimed Off Waivers View Post
Who knows, maybe Bergevin will offer sheet McDo one day or sign him as a UFA.
Maybe we'll get him back when he's 40.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
UniverStalinGraduate*

Poeple need to stop crying about this. He's a solid young d-man, but that's the way things go.

If the Habs' options were trading McDonagh for Gomez or trading Subban and Plekanec for Lecavalier it's a no brainer for me.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
DAChampion

I've also learned on this thread that Timmins wanted to draft Carlson and didn't want to draft Fischer.

I don't know if that's true.

If it's true, then I hope Bergevin keeps Timmins beyond the draft. Right now he's only committed to Timmins through to the draft.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:19 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
Poeple need to stop crying about this. He's a solid young d-man, but that's the way things go.

If the Habs' options were trading McDonagh for Gomez or trading Subban and Plekanec for Lecavalier it's a no brainer for me.
Gainey failed to acquire Mats Sundin and then used Robert Lang, who was a very successful acquisition until he got injured.

Following this:

Option 1:
Subban, Plekanec, Higgins, Gorges and 3 1st round draft picks for Vincent Lecavalier.

Option 2:
McDonagh, Higgins, Valentenko, for Gomez and Pyatt.

Option 3:
Resign Koivu.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
And he thought wrong 'cause they were so different from each other. Fischer had to put everything together and then some. McDonagh had the base already and just needed to perfect his art. McDonagh was so ahead of Fischer, it would have made no sense to think so. And based on where they were suppose to go by consensus, Fischer was mostly a 2nd rounder or a late late 1st rounder. While some thought of McDonagh a top 10 pick.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote