HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov to CSKA Moscow, KHL. 4-Year Deal.

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 01:03 AM
klt2001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
It's amazing how much his game has changed from his first go around with the Preds till now. Yes he's bigger more polished now but pre-defection Rads was a damn goal scorer. The guy could put the puck in the back of the net. For some reason in the KHL he changed his game into a playmaker. Yes he is good that at but this team needs a pure goal scorer. We all know Rads is capable we have seen it with our own two eyes. He needs more balance in his game. If he brought that I would be fine with re-signing him. If we are getting the player we saw this season I wouldn't re-sign him unless it was for a bargain.
Agree. Right now we need a great/top scorer not just someone would can just cycle great and has great puck handling. I mean, that's great too but what this team really needs is a great scorer or someone who can create his own chances and score/put it in the net. I was surprised by how much Rads didn't take many shots himself but passed more and that's something we have plenty of.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Master Shake*

million dollar body, ten cent head

Old
05-08-2012, 02:22 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
Yep that pretty much sums him up which is one of the reasons why I would be reluctant to sign him. Too much of a distraction/liability. He does keep it interesting though.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Gardebut30

vCash: 50
Hawks fan trying to be impartial - sign Rads for at least next season to see what he can do. A short regular season stint and jumping into the playoffs can't be easy for anyone coming overseas. Considering his somewhat turbulent past with the Preds, it shouldn't come as a surprise he comes back with some growing pains.

The guy is obviously talented and shouldn't be hard to trade if he doesn't seem to fit into the Preds long-term plans next year. I just think it would be premature to give up on Radulov. Poile does a great job, so I don't think this should be an issue, but I felt like putting my two cents in anyway, only because we (Hawks) have our own controversial figure every off-season (Kane).

Old
05-08-2012, 02:37 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardebut30 View Post
Hawks fan trying to be impartial - sign Rads for at least next season to see what he can do. A short regular season stint and jumping into the playoffs can't be easy for anyone coming overseas. Considering his somewhat turbulent past with the Preds, it shouldn't come as a surprise he comes back with some growing pains.

The guy is obviously talented and shouldn't be hard to trade if he doesn't seem to fit into the Preds long-term plans next year. I just think it would be premature to give up on Radulov. Poile does a great job, so I don't think this should be an issue, but I felt like putting my two cents in anyway, only because we (Hawks) have our own controversial figure every off-season (Kane).
I agree, but it's easier said than done.

I think this entire team should re-sign.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Gardebut30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I agree, but it's easier said than done.
This close to the end of the season, yes.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:04 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

He has valid contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL) for next season. Of course, he can terminate it and pay 2-4 mil USD to club (SY is not interesting in deal) OR come back.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:14 AM
kp61c

Quote:
He has valid contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa (KHL) for next season. Of course, he can terminate it and pay 2-4 mil USD to club (SY is not interesting in deal) OR come back.
if i remember correctly there is a clause that allows him to play in nhl

Old
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp61c View Post
if i remember correctly there is a clause that allows him to play in nhl
no, there is not. KHL contracts dont have NHL out clausule. It is only verbal argeement among club and players - not binding.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:39 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I used to date a girl that fit that description.

I would give Radulov a very sizable contract, in the ballpark of $5-7M annually. The guy is a game-breaker. He's bigger, he's faster, he does a better job backchecking than when he left in 2008. He's a big part of making us a truly dangerous offensive team again on a consistent basis.

Old
05-08-2012, 05:38 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
no, there is not. KHL contracts dont have NHL out clausule. It is only verbal argeement among club and players - not binding.
Radulov was quoted that he has no contract with khl.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Radulov was quoted that he has no contract with khl.
"I am the superduper best ever hockey player who ever lived". You can quote me

Old
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
PredsV82
Cotton Candy!

vCash: 2554
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I used to date a girl that fit that description.

I would give Radulov a very sizable contract, in the ballpark of $5-7M annually. The guy is a game-breaker. He's bigger, he's faster, he does a better job backchecking than when he left in 2008. He's a big part of making us a truly dangerous offensive team again on a consistent basis.
disagree.

he is a younger Martin Erat, nothing more. The gamebreaking sniper that he appeared to be in his youth has given way to a guy who thinks he can stickhandle through a forest and thinks pass first not shoot first. Dont misunderstand, I know he is a VERY GOOD player, but not the superstar we have been needing/craving.

I would be happy to sign him for 5 mil a year or less, but he does not warrant stupid money, and 7 mil a year for long term is stupid money.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:21 AM
codeman00

I'm really conflicted with this one. I do think that Rads wants to be here and wants to do well. He got a rude awakening about how we do it here in Nashville and that he can't take anything for granted. I feel that he thought he was above any kind punishment and criticism and really was shunned by the team that he let down. When Rads came back, he was in everyone's face, joking and kidding around with them...congratulating them after every good play. I was at practice on Sunday and Rads was not himself. They other players joked around with each other...but Rads was serious and pretty much kept to himself.

So what does Poile do? I think you have to see where Rads head is. Is this his turning point that he's going to buy in? We've been burned twice...do we set ourself up for the same thing again? I'd have to know the guy to find out what's going on in his head. I don't think a decision can be made until his state of mind is defined. His family loves it in Nashville. But has he burned his bridges with the team? If he has bought in, I say we sign him, but not for too much.....and he's on a short leash.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:35 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I'd certainly love to get him on a longer contract, but all comes down to the terms. If he's thinking $6/year or more, I'd pass. He has a lot more to prove at the NHL level.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:40 AM
RaiderDoug

I think you've got to sign the guy, even if it takes a 5-7 mil contract.

Yeah, he's not perfect, but hell, Crosby's got a puddin'head. Ovechkin Disappears. Stamkos don't do defense. Who's game in the NHL doesn't have warts (Malkin maybe)? And those guys ain't going to be available.

This is the time to take a calculated risk on a guy who could be a dynamic offensive force in this league. Which we have never had, and there's no one in the pipeline that projects to be one. If it crashes and burns, at least we were swinging for the fences.

Everyone knows that this team is better with Radulov on the team. Even players who might be on the fence about signing/resigning here.

Of course, if the KHL throws monopoly money at the guy, I hope we pass.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

I don't think it is a question of do we want Rads as much as it is does Rads want us.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:20 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansredhalo View Post
I think Rads coming in late and not having much practice time with our system and this group of guys really handcuffed what he was able to do. There were moments and flashes of brilliance, but for the most part it felt like he was a square peg trying to be forced into a round hole.

Maybe with an entire offseason and camp to get up to speed, but I dunno.
I think this is a very good point, trying to get to grips once again with the NHL game at the drop of a hat must be a difficult thing to do after playing several years in another league on a different ice surface. I see very, very little KHL action, but at times it seemed to me as if he wasn't playing certain situations according to the way NHL games unfold and may have been approaching them the same way he would have done in a KHL game. If anyone is more familiar with the KHL, does that sound like a reasonable assessment?

It seemed to me that at certain times, often in the neutral zone, he'd receive a pass and slow the game right down, allowing the opposition a chance to get back into position, at which point he'd have to stickhandle his way through tighter traffic to gain the zone or once inside it. He also seemed to shy away from making quick passes in these situations so guys heading up ice would have to stop up at the blueline to allow him to catch up instead of hitting someone in stride with a pass, letting them gain the zone and following them in. I think this was especially the case in the Phoenix series as their defense seemed a bit like Boston's at times, leg it back into the defensive zone and collapse around the net. I felt he could have exploited the Coyotes a little more on Preds breakouts but he slowed the tempo of the game down as if there would still be lots of room on the ice to exploit (like in the KHL) once inside the offensive zone, but that option wasn't afforded to him, especially in the playoffs. I think he can probably find that higher tempo of play quite easily with a training camp but he just had difficulty adjusting from one style of play to the other mid-season.

As for signing him, I hope you guys manage to get him signed up and he finds his higher gears more often in future years. If he can bring his skills to the Preds in future years, I think something like a $5m contract for a few years would be fair, he gets a very strong contract with a few years to re-establish himself in the NHL and then choose what to do when he becomes a UFA, by which time he could be a vital piece of the team and be rewarded with a bigger contract.

I think the bigger issue for Nashville (in terms of bringing in players rather than replacing or losing them) would be finding a new center. A first line center would be huge for you guys but they aren't widely available so a decent C with a skillset different to those you arleady have would be my priority. Using the Habs as an example, instead of someone in the Plekanec/Eller style of center, someone more like Desharnais, who has great vision and passing/playmaking skills. It is a more realistic option than acquiring a top end 1st line C, it suits the needs of the Preds to give at least two wingers some creative support and should be more affordable through free agency or trade and allows you to keep the structure of the team the same by building it with depth on the forward lines.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Or perhaps AK46 is gone as well...

Old
05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Radulov didn't show anything that warrants huge $$$$. We'll qualify him, keep his rights, and negotiate over the summer. I'm not sure he's back.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Radulov would be for the Predators what Alex Semin is for the Capitals --- a super-talented player who is enigmatic, selfish, one-dimensional and stubborn. The best thing the Predators could do this offseason is trade his rights to a team willing to pay a decent price for him. Then use that roster spot and salary on a player who better fits the identity and character of the team the Preds want to be.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

Radulov could have been traded away to Montreal or Buffalo back at the trade deadline... he was a high-risk asset to be dealt back then. That high-risk value was a low first, roughly what Andrei Kostitsyn was worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
Radulov would be for the Predators what Alex Semin is for the Capitals --- a super-talented player who is enigmatic, selfish, one-dimensional and stubborn. The best thing the Predators could do this offseason is trade his rights to a team willing to pay a decent price for him. Then use that roster spot and salary on a player who better fits the identity and character of the team the Preds want to be.
What would he fetch now? More than what the Preds paid for Gaustad or the Kostitsyns?

Old
05-08-2012, 08:44 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Radulov could have been traded away to Montreal or Buffalo back at the trade deadline... he was a high-risk asset to be dealt back then. That high-risk value was a low first, roughly what Andrei Kostitsyn was worth.

What would he fetch now? More than what the Preds paid for Gaustad or the Kostitsyns?
radulov as a RFA has considerably more value than an UFA gaustad or kostitsyn that we only have for 3 months.

just depends if the team knows he will be over here.. he could fetch a 1st ++ imo

Old
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Snipeshow

The way I see if, Radulov is still an RFA. I don't think he would have come back to burn off the last year of his ELC just to leave again. I'm sure he will sign, even just a solid 1 year deal to try and cash in next summer. But I'm sure if Poile is going to sign him, he'll go for a 3-5 year deal.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
I don't think it is a question of do we want Rads as much as it is does Rads want us.
This.

I have no doubt that if Rads wants to sign here, GMDP will make it happen. My doubt lies in whether he really wants to sign here...

Closed Thread