HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Isles trying to get 1st Overall from Edmonton?

Old
05-08-2012, 10:14 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Daigle, Stefan, Lawton....

Yeah, never happens.
Great example....

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Chardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You are joining Oiler fans in their dreams.

Isles are not trading Harmonic.He's young,cheap and a developing into a stud.Harmonic is no more available then Tavares is.
How does an Islanders fan continue to get his name wrong?

C'mon Crew. His play may be like fine music, but his name is not.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:35 PM
elduderino

If another team is involved, I would guess it's Columbus. The Jackets hadn't had any luck in drafting and developing Russians, so they likely tend more towards Dumba or Murray. Maybe Columbus would be happy enough to draft either one of those two instead of Yakupov, Grigorenko or Galchenyuk.

In this case the Jackets would certainly get their d-man at 4th overall, when the Isles don't intend to draft one of them and the Oilers do the same. They Oilers would certainly receive something from the Isles (2nd overall and more) and from the Jackets (pick or player?) to not draft 1st overall and not to draft one of two players the other two parties want.

elduderino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Booya42
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) What the...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Edmonton is trying to avoid the embarrassment of picking first overall again. It all comes down to what Columbus and Montreal are doing with their picks. Edmonton would probably be more than happy with Murray or Dumba.

Isles 1st, 2nd, and De Haan to move back three spots seems good to me.
Really? As an actual Edmonton Oilers fan, I'm telling you that your are quite unequivocally wrong. We will be more than happy to take Yakuov over anyone else. It's always smart to pick elite talent over good talent IMHO. However, if you'd like to take the Milbury route with your teams picks - go ahead.

Some teams fans...i tell ya.

Booya42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Lacaar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
The 1st overall pick is the most overvalued asset on HF boards. People here are being unreasonable. I understand that Oilers fans don't wanna trade it, but what they want in return isn't fair value. They demand a massive massive overpayment, that would never happen. Look at the Panthers - Penguins trade in 2003 for example, nothing near what the Oilers are asking. And even if the talent gap is a little bigger there is no way what the suggest is fair value or something that could happen in reality.

4th overall + Hamonic or 4th + DeHaan + 34th is something the Oilers would certainly think long and hard about.
Why does everyone reference the 2003 draft trades? That draft was completely different from this one.

2003 draft had 3 players neck in neck for the running for 1st overall. You weren't getting a downgrade in talent dropping from 1 to 3.

2012 has 1 player at the top with real legitimate franchise capability and then a significant drop. dropping from 1 to 3 in this draft is perceived to be a significant drop in the quality of player you're getting.

Referencing those trades does not in any ways apply in the Yakupov situation for the Oilers.

Lacaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
How does an Islanders fan continue to get his name wrong?

C'mon Crew. His play may be like fine music, but his name is not.
I'm gonna just refer to him as Weberlite, to avoid spelling his name wrong again

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:29 PM
crazywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
isles 1st, and 2nd would be more than enough to move up to #1 from the 4 spot.

...it also makes the most sense, since the Isles would be the ideal fit for him playing on Tavares's wing.
It doesn't matter what the Isles need. For a trade to happen it would have to immediately and dramatically improve the Oilers. This does nothing and there is no way Murray will still be available at 4th. The first pick belongs to the oilers and it would be a huge overpayment for it to be traded. Harmonic 4th and dehaan for starters

crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:33 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf View Post
It doesn't matter what the Isles need. For a trade to happen it would have to immediately and dramatically improve the Oilers. This does nothing and there is no way Murray will still be available at 4th. The first pick belongs to the oilers and it would be a huge overpayment for it to be traded. Harmonic 4th and dehaan for starters
You are correct that it would have to immediately help EDM but Murray can be there at 4...

IMO its more likley that Murray goes 4th than 1,2,or 3.....

Also Hammer and 4th is not going to happen and de Hann on top of that is crazy.....Now de Hann and 4th would be more likley, even though EDM would be looking for a better dman than de Hann.

Hamonic is off limits as he is the Islanders best Dman and is only getting better.

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:39 PM
crazywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
You are correct that it would have to immediately help EDM but Murray can be there at 4...

I keep hearing conflicting reports about the two other players (can't remember or spell their names). I have heard that Murray is the most NHL ready Defensman and the potential is huge. I could Defiantly see Montreal Taking Murray. IMO he won't be there at 4th. He will go third.

crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post

Also Hammer and 4th is not going to happen and de Hann on top of that is crazy.....Now de Hann and 4th would be more likley, even though EDM would be looking for a better dman than de Hann.

Hamonic is off limits as he is the Islanders best Dman and is only getting better.
I think theres a better chance that CBJ takes Murray with the 2nd overall pick than Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg. None of those 4 players are going to be in the Oilers line up(well anything is possible)
I'd rather see a top 9 of -
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartikinen-Horcoff-Hemsky
than one without Yak and a couple more prospects

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:52 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I think theres a better chance that CBJ takes Murray with the 2nd overall pick than Grigorenko, Galchenyuk, or Forsberg. None of those 4 players are going to be in the Oilers line up(well anything is possible)
I'd rather see a top 9 of -
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartikinen-Horcoff-Hemsky
than one without Yak and a couple more prospects
while it would not suprise me to see CBJ take Murray, I think they will pick Forsberg...

They have good defense and depth on "D" but with Nash possibly being traded they will need a winger to fill the void and to grow with Johansson...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
jdr016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Pretty embarrassing stuff right there. I hope other teams take them off our hands so we don't have to deal with the embarrassment of them lighting up the league for the next decade.
If that's your top line, you'll be picking first overall for a fourth straight year.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:50 PM
jdr016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
Really? As an actual Edmonton Oilers fan, I'm telling you that your are quite unequivocally wrong. We will be more than happy to take Yakuov over anyone else. It's always smart to pick elite talent over good talent IMHO. However, if you'd like to take the Milbury route with your teams picks - go ahead.

Some teams fans...i tell ya.
Are you making the pick in June? No!? Then I don't care who you'll be more than happy to take.

So turn that GIF sideways and stick it up your candy a$$!

Last edited by jdr016: 05-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
If that's your top line, you'll be picking first overall for a fourth straight year.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:55 PM
jdr016

Yes. A 20 year old, a 19 year old, and an 18 year old will light the league on fire! In five years, maybe.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Yes. A 20 year old, a 19 year old, and an 18 year old will light the league on fire!
Two of them already have.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:59 PM
zeus3007*

No thanks Isles. Your needs are the same as ours, so unless a Tavares deal is being talked about, there is no benefit to a trade involving our first. And no, I am not suggesting Tavares be traded for it, so don't blow your brains out.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
jdr016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Two of them already have.
Edmonton finished 29th overall. Neither has averaged a point per game. Good, young players. But, game changers? Not yet.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:04 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Edmonton finished 29th overall. Neither has averaged a point per game. Good, young players. But, game changers? Not yet.

Oh, wait...you're serious?

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Obviously you don't watch many Oiler games.

Hall is the pulse of the team

And RNH single handily took our pp too #1 this year

Old
05-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Man, every thread your in you use this gif. Use a new one lol

Like these...

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
Man, every thread your in you use this gif. Use a new one lol
It gets my point across

Old
05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
victor

Quote:
Assuming that they play 80 games, based on last years play you'd see a line that looks like:
Hall, 35g, 70pts.
Hopkins, 23g, 67pts.
Yakupov, 18g, 39pts.

To get the above estimates, I took last years PPG and GPG, and multiplied it by 80 games for Hall and Hopkins, and used Gabriel Desjardins equivalencies for Yakupov. Based on what we've seen over the last few seasons, however, players in the 18-24 age group often outplay the statistics. 75, 70, 50? Which lines produce 195 or more points in a season?

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:00 PM
nowhereman

Quote:
Yes. A 20 year old, a 19 year old, and an 18 year old will light the league on fire! In five years, maybe.
All three of those guys could end up being PPG players. And that doesn't even included Eberle, maybe the best player on that Edmonton team.

nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:11 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Strome + Murray (no.4)
Yakupov + Gagner

I think the Islanders would bite. They need an electric superstar to play with Tavares and sell more tickets, and Gagner is also best friends with Tavares.

Oilers fill needs.

However, as an Oiler fan, I would feel uneasy with this trade simply because I think Yakupov is going to be the best player in the trade, and when you trade away the best player ... I dunno. I think you are asking for trouble.

Two d-men is overkill for the Oilers. They have Marincin, Gernat (who had better numbers in junior this year than Murray did), Klefbom still coming and Petry + Smid already graduated up. People who say the Oilers having nothing coming on the blue line don't know what they're talking about.

If I'm the Oilers I don't trade the pick.
strome is also great friends with tavares

my counter proposal

to the oilers
nino, bailey (great friends with hall), 4th over all, 33rd overall(the devils are definitely forfeiting their 1st round pick)

to the isles
1st pick, gagner

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote