HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Greg Jamison to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes?

Old
05-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What is GJ like management wise?

I know he will probably change the jerseys (they are 10 years old now) for extra revenue.
Most likely conscious of the bottom line and if they're in the green as a whole, they will put more into the product. He knows that the only way to put butts in the seats is to be a playoff team. The one thing you can be happy with is that it's a damn near guarantee that with him as a manager, you won't have that era of abysmal records/play and lack of playoff appearances.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
dmband

Will be curious if he takes any of the business or hockey ops people from SJ he is comfortable with or if the comparable Phoenix group is strong.

dmband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What is GJ like management wise?

I know he will probably change the jerseys (they are 10 years old now) for extra revenue.
He was huge for getting non-hockey events. He is huge on loyalty to his own suits.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:55 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmband View Post
Will be curious if he takes any of the business or hockey ops people from SJ he is comfortable with or if the comparable Phoenix group is strong.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Malcolm Bordelon (EVP of Business) to go to Phoenix, since Jamison got him his first job in sports with the Indiana Pacers and took him along with him to San Jose.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:58 PM
WantonAbandon

Is JR still in the possible mix?

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 06:48 PM
Bizz06
Registered Goon

vCash: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyAndTheSox View Post
Glendale has already been paying the NHL 25 million a year to manage the arena and cover losses.
and from what I understand, the 25 and 20 million payments were supposed to be recouped once the team is sold. I highly doubt that is going to happen, ever. Goldwater is just waiting until this deal is finalized (IF that ever happens) to make their move.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post
and from what I understand, the 25 and 20 million payments were supposed to be recouped once the team is sold. I highly doubt that is going to happen, ever. Goldwater is just waiting until this deal is finalized (IF that ever happens) to make their move.
Goldwater is not going to have a say in the sale of the team unless the city has to raise funds for the deal to go through. The way this deal is structured doesn't require the sale of bonds and thus Goldwater will not have a word to say about it. Considering they already let go two instances of 25 million dollars in arena management fees, they won't have a say when the deal with Jamison will only require 17 million annually.

There's definitely a question of whether the sale ever goes final but once Jamison's group signs the dotted line with the city about the lease w/o bonds and the league for the team, there's nothing that Goldwater can do to reverse it.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote