HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Songs Playing At the Garden

Old
05-08-2012, 02:12 PM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
Songs Playing At the Garden

-what song do you they play at the start when the players are taking the ice, and how long have they been playing this song, is it something new?

-after the goal song last night did i hear flo rida song playing, if so do they do this all the time or just start this playoffs

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 02:28 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

First song is Lonely Boy by The Black Keys. They've taken the ice to that the entire year. They play Good Feeling after every win at the Garden.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:26 PM
rangers5000

so both songs they only played this year, not any other year

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Wish they would play the Avicii version (aka Levels, aka the REAL song) instead of Flo Rida's rip off "Good feeling".

Avicii is Swedish and I'm sure guys like Lundy, Hags, Stralman and Erixon would support the hometown Tim Berg.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:12 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
each song debuted in late 2011... so just this year.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
Yeah. MSG has a soundtrack for each year where they play certain songs. The warmup mix will be the same, songs they take the ice to, etc.

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=65252

You can look up the songs they play there.

05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Hagelins Flow View Post
Wish they would play the Avicii version (aka Levels, aka the REAL song) instead of Flo Rida's rip off "Good feeling".

Avicii is Swedish and I'm sure guys like Lundy, Hags, Stralman and Erixon would support the hometown Tim Berg.
@ calling it the "real" song when it's based on a sample of a tune from 50 years ago. Well, that and Something's Got a Hold on Me, while a great song in it's own right, had the exact same sample used in a Pretty Lights album 3 years prior to Avicii's Levels. They also use the same basic chord progressions. The Aviciii version is hardly original, and personally, I think the Pretty Lights version is WAY more interesting.

Musical snobbery is fun though, I will admit that.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:

I like Levels better as well but Avicii was one of the writers of the Flo Rida version so it's not exactly a rip off lol.

Ruotsalainen29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruotsalainen29 View Post
I like Levels better as well but Avicii was one of the writers of the Flo Rida version so it's not exactly a rip off lol.
I'm a little unclear on that part. Was Bergling actually involved in the Flo Rida song, or does he get a writing credit because they sample Levels directly?

Old
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I'm a little unclear on that part. Was Bergling actually involved in the Flo Rida song, or does he get a writing credit because they sample Levels directly?
I'm not sure but I have heard Bergling mention it in passing.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Jax1166

What is the name/does somebody have a youtube video of the song:

"R-A-N-G-E-R-S....."

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I'm not sure but I have heard Bergling mention it in passing.
Maybe you can ask him next time you're close enough to hear him mention it in passing.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Maybe you can ask him next time you're close enough to hear him mention it in passing.
I don't know if you're trying to be funny or not but yes, I've met him and many other DJs over the course of my life as I have good friends in that industry.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I don't know if you're trying to be funny or not but yes, I've met him and many other DJs over the course of my life as I have good friends in that industry.
I figured and was just poking fun at you having connections most of us don't.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
@ calling it the "real" song when it's based on a sample of a tune from 50 years ago. Well, that and Something's Got a Hold on Me, while a great song in it's own right, had the exact same sample used in a Pretty Lights album 3 years prior to Avicii's Levels. They also use the same basic chord progressions. The Aviciii version is hardly original, and personally, I think the Pretty Lights version is WAY more interesting.

Agreed.

This is the real history behind the destruction of a great song.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
I figured and was just poking fun at you having connections most of us don't.
Sorry man. I'm just a little irritated at reading the main board. I know I shouldn't! LOL. I didn't mean to come across so salty.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:51 PM
McDunna with Fries

Quote:
They play the remixed version of Levels all the time at the Garden for the playoff games

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:

I know full well that "LE7ELS" (if we want to be technical toms) is based on Etta James original track from the 60s. And as far as how "original" LE7ELS is -- sure repeating the same chords in a catchy tune with some sweeet bass isn't too "original" but then again -- doesn't most music (especially pop and rock) recycle and shuffle the same set of chords over and over? Electronic music is probably the most guilty of falling into a "template" but my robot ears don't discriminate. I just want to hear the womp womp womp and boom boom boom with some nice piping melody on top.

I am a big fan of Pretty Lights (their Kanye remix "All of the Lights" is one of my favorites) but Avicii's Levels is still the original and one of those songs that defines a genre. I just hate that Flo Rida had to put a "rap" to a song that is held sacred by the house music nut like me.

Music snobbery at it's finest indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Agreed.

This is the real history behind the destruction of a great song.
Don't pretend like it's some injustice and blight upon music. Etta James is making bank off that remix, and not a single person under 25 would give a crap about it had it not been for levels.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I know full well that "LE7ELS" (if we want to be technical toms) is based on Etta James original track from the 60s. And as far as how "original" LE7ELS is -- sure repeating the same chords in a catchy tune with some sweeet bass isn't too "original" but then again -- doesn't most music (especially pop and rock) recycle and shuffle the same set of chords over and over? Electronic music is probably the most guilty of falling into a "template" but my robot ears don't discriminate. I just want to hear the womp womp womp and boom boom boom with some nice piping melody on top.

I am a big fan of Pretty Lights (their Kanye remix "All of the Lights" is one of my favorites) but Avicii's Levels is still the original and one of those songs that defines a genre. I just hate that Flo Rida had to put a "rap" to a song that is held sacred by the house music nut like me.

Music snobbery at it's finest indeed.

Don't pretend like it's some injustice and blight upon music. Etta James is making bank off that remix, and not a single person under 25 would give a crap about it had it not been for levels.
Except that she died in January, but yes.

So, by calling Levels the original, you're basically ignoring the "Finally Moving Remix" of Pretty Lights, eh?

Oh, and I'm glad you like Pretty Lights. The second disc of Filling Up the City Skies is something I can listen to at any time.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow

Quote:
Except that she died in January, but yes.

So, by calling Levels the original, you're basically ignoring the "Finally Moving Remix" of Pretty Lights, eh?
Her estate is making bank. Just like Michael Jackson's continues to do.

Yes, I am calling Levels the original -- considering my original post is taking exception to and comparing the Flo Rida version.

Honestly the Pretty Lights version, while good, is a song I'd blaze to. Not exactly one I want to listen to at a club/while rolling. I don't even put them in the same category. Too much info?

Edit: Yeah PL is awesome. I have this sample on my itunes from Bonnaroo 2011 "I know the Truth" has a great dubby feel.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:01 AM
NYRangers17

it might not be a full "song" per se, but does anyone know what "song" they play at the garden while the scoreboard shows lundy rounding the corner and leading the team down the tunnel from the dressing room towards the ice before each period? it sounds like a guitar/ string instrument with some drums, no words...gets me real fired up every time.

EDIT: also, does anyone know the song that goes "can you hear me right now? can you hear me right now?" they've played it at all 3 playoff games I've been to this year (including last nights game, I believe it was played in the latter half of the 3rd) It sounds an awful lot like Rise Against but I can't for the life of me find the name. Thanks!

Last edited by NYRangers17: 05-09-2012 at 01:11 AM.
NYRangers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 06:54 AM
irishlaxburger2

Anyone have exact info on the EDM/techno/house mix they use during warmups?

That website posted above shows the names of the songs, but many of them are remixes and not originals. For example, the version of "Save the World" by Swedish House Mafia they use is certainly not the original. It's a remix I've been looking for and I have no idea which it is because there's about a million remixes of that song.

Thanks in advance.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:46 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishlaxburger2 View Post
Anyone have exact info on the EDM/techno/house mix they use during warmups?

That website posted above shows the names of the songs, but many of them are remixes and not originals. For example, the version of "Save the World" by Swedish House Mafia they use is certainly not the original. It's a remix I've been looking for and I have no idea which it is because there's about a million remixes of that song.

Thanks in advance.
Style of eye and carly remix.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post

I am forever grateful, fine sir. Thanks so much.

I wish the entire set was on Soundcloud, etc. Most of the songs are remixes and the whole set is put together real well.

irishlaxburger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Ruotsalainen29
Zhoo-Zhitsu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Love that! So slammin' on MSG's sound system.