HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offseason Thread 2012

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 10:39 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post

I want Kimmo traded.
Father time has claimed him. Use money freed up from him to re-sign Carle/Grossmann or towards Sutter.
My heart just stopped.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
i actually think Jagr had good year, if you take in account he had serious injuries with groin, which was holding him back ever since, till NJ devils where he dissapeared completely.
and according to your mesuring G shouldnt be resigned as well as he did not really show up too in NJ series, just saying

you can not be serious, trading hartsy as well?. o.O
He's 40 years old. He's going to have injury problems the rest of his career.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:47 PM
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
My heart just stopped.
To me he didn;t look as bad as others (he was still bad), but when cooler heads prevail and it sinks in I probably will regret suggesting re-signing him lol

Old
05-08-2012, 10:53 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Trade everyone

Old
05-08-2012, 11:06 PM
drownedsailors

Quote:
i actually think Jagr had good year, if you take in account he had serious injuries with groin, which was holding him back ever since, till NJ devils where he dissapeared completely.
and according to your mesuring G shouldnt be resigned as well as he did not really show up too in NJ series, just saying
That doesn't even make sense! I wasn't assessing his play based solely on the New Jersey series, Jagr wasn't doing much in the Pittsburgh series either. But guess who was doing well! Giroux...Try again

Almost all of the Flyers played bad in the New Jersey series, and so obviously I'm not assessing them based on that series alone. You're right, Jagr had a pretty good year considering his age and what not...but he still fizzled towards the ending and into the Post season, a lot of that had to do with his injury, but his age was also a huge factor.

So again, I hope we don't re-sign him.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:10 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Express View Post
When did this happen? Great news

and obviously I am not insinuating a 9+ million deal or Sutter, but I just believe Kimmo is done here. I appreciate everything he has done for this organization, but if we can move him along or he retires then I believe it's a good thing.
Grossmann got like 3.75 for 3 years the last week of the regular season.

Creates another D hole with nothing replace him with? He's better than Lilja even for 1 year at 6.3

Old
05-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Haute Couturier

If the cap goes up I would try to dump Briere for a pick, sign Suter, and re-sign Carle.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Top Cheese Danish

I think JVR will be gone. Just a gut feeling. He will be this off-season's Jeff Carter - all of those rumors will end up amounting to something. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Really hope we get something good out of him.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:14 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedinSandwich View Post
I think JVR will be gone. Just a gut feeling. He will be this year's Jeff Carter - all of those rumors will end up amounting to something. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Really hope we get something good out of him.
What rumors are these? Only ones I've heard is that he's hurt.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:19 PM
ayshplaysh

Trade Giroux and JVR, it worked last year didn't it?

Old
05-08-2012, 11:24 PM
Sanders418777

Team should be even better next year. Very young and raw.

I'd consider moving JVR if it could net you a young Dman, I'm still not a believer in him.

We're stuck with Bryz, I'd do whatever it took to dump him but it's not going to happen.

Otherwise, stay put, we over-achieved this year anyway... our window is wide open.

Oh and Carle and Jagr walk.

Last edited by Sanders418777: 05-08-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old
05-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Justified
Amaro out

No Carle.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:28 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
What rumors are these? Only ones I've heard is that he's hurt.
A lot of rumors between the Leafs and I think even the CLB. It was going on pretty hard during the trade deadline.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:34 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
A lot of rumors between the Leafs and I think even the CLB. It was going on pretty hard during the trade deadline.
Ahh, well I'd trade him for the albatross contract of Rick Nash.....tough to work this one though, we'd likely give up more, and I'm not really into doing much of that...

Luke Schenn, no...his value is low now...

Old
05-08-2012, 11:43 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Ahh, well I'd trade him for the albatross contract of Rick Nash.....tough to work this one though, we'd likely give up more, and I'm not really into doing much of that...

Luke Schenn, no...his value is low now...
JVR for Nash? Doesn't solve the D problem but I'd do it.

05-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Jtown

Whatever the flyers do they have to become more responsible on defense...and that is a team thing not just upgrading the Defenseman on the team.

Schenn has to develop into a 50 pt 2nd line center.

We need to put together a legit 4th line, with pk'ers. I dont want to see our top forward kill penalties ( Don Cherry voice). We already have Talbot ideally centering that line, now if we add 2 more physical grinders to that we should be good.

As much as I like rinaldo he is very one dimensional. Unless he can kill penalties I don't know if he has a future with us.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
That doesn't even make sense! I wasn't assessing his play based solely on the New Jersey series, Jagr wasn't doing much in the Pittsburgh series either. But guess who was doing well! Giroux...Try again

Almost all of the Flyers played bad in the New Jersey series, and so obviously I'm not assessing them based on that series alone. You're right, Jagr had a pretty good year considering his age and what not...but he still fizzled towards the ending and into the Post season, a lot of that had to do with his injury, but his age was also a huge factor.

So again, I hope we don't re-sign him.
i don't need to try anything Giroux done well?, does that include brainfart he was suspended for? G was super awesome in pitts no arguing there

and ye if 6 assists isn't doing much, i can just hope Jagr will keep not doing much in next season, cheers

Old
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Hartnell (4.20) - Giroux (3.75) - Briere (6.50)
vanRiemsdyk (4.25) - Schenn (0.90 / 3.11) - xxxxxxxxxx
Simmonds (1.75) - Couturier (0.93 / 1.38) - Read (0.90)
Rinaldo (0.54) - Talbot (1.75) - Wellwood (0.58)
Shelley (1.10)

Timonen (6.33) - Meszaros (4.00)
Coburn (4.50) - Grossmann (3.50)
Gustafsson (0.90) - xxxxxxxxxx
Lilja (0.74) - Walker (1.70)

Bryzgalov (5.67)
Bobrovsky (0.90 / 1.75)

TOTAL: 53.69 / 57.20
2011-12 CAP: 64.30
SPACE: 10.61 / 07.10

KEY RE-SIGNS: Voracek (RFA)
LIKELY RE-SIGNS: Bourdon (RFA), Zolnierczyk (RFA), Sestito (RFA), Holmstrom (RFA), Testwuide (RFA)
VETERAN FREE AGENTS: Jagr (UFA), Carle (UFA)
VANISHING CONTRACTS: Laperriere (UFA), Betts (UFA), Kubina (UFA), Leighton (UFA), Backlund (UFA), Jancevski (UFA) Bacashihua (UFA)

I'll just post that for reference. The ideal scenario is obviously Voracek re-signing, Suter signing, and possibly a Gaustad signing. That fills up all our holes theoretically. If we have a bonus cushion plus an increase in the cap, it's very possible. We already have 10.61m to technically play with as of now.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Shelley (1.10)

Bryzgalov (5.67)
Bobrovsky (0.90 / 1.75)

LIKELY RE-SIGNS: Bourdon (RFA), Zolnierczyk (RFA), Sestito (RFA), Holmstrom (RFA), Testwuide (RFA)
VANISHING CONTRACTS: Laperriere (UFA), Betts (UFA), Kubina (UFA), Leighton (UFA), Backlund (UFA), Jancevski (UFA) Bacashihua (UFA)

I'll just post that for reference. The ideal scenario is obviously Voracek re-signing, Suter signing, and possibly a Gaustad signing. That fills up all our holes theoretically. If we have a bonus cushion plus an increase in the cap, it's very possible. We already have 10.61m to technically play with as of now.

I wonder what type of deal Voracek could get. I would not be surprised if a team offered him a substantial deal. id love to see somethinng like 3/11 mill or 4/13

Old
05-09-2012, 01:13 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Carle needs to go away!

Old
05-09-2012, 01:18 AM
drownedsailors

Quote:
i don't need to try anything Giroux done well?, does that include brainfart he was suspended for? G was super awesome in pitts no arguing there

and ye if 6 assists isn't doing much, i can just hope Jagr will keep not doing much in next season, cheers
So? Everyone had a lot of points in that Pittsburgh series. Voracek had 6 points, hell Talbot, Schenn and Couturier all had 4 points just 2 behind Jagr.

But that wasn't what I was talking about when I said he was "ineffective" I thought he dragged down Giroux a lot (and so did Hartnell at times)...he ****ed up so many of our scoring chances and forechecks this entire playoffs.

I don't want the management to re-sign him, that's just my opinion, it doesn't have to be your opinion and you shouldn't feel the need to get all defensive about it...jeez

Old
05-09-2012, 01:22 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders418777 View Post
Team should be even better next year. Very young and raw.

I'd consider moving JVR if it could net you a young Dman, I'm still not a believer in him.

We're stuck with Bryz, I'd do whatever it took to dump him but it's not going to happen.

Otherwise, stay put, we over-achieved this year anyway... our window is wide open.

Oh and Carle and Jagr walk.
Or a team full of sophomore slumps.

I really think Jagr is VERY important to this locker room (more so than the product on the ice). Something he mentioned earlier this season in an interview never left my head. Something along the lines of taking it all for granted, because he won two Cups in his first two years. He saw success (personally, and with his team) immediately in the NHL, and having him around the kids for their 2nd year I believe will be as important as the first...

Old
05-09-2012, 02:52 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Shelley (1.10)

Bryzgalov (5.67)
Bobrovsky (0.90 / 1.75)

Is Testwuide going to be resigned? Seems like a waste of a contract.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:06 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
So? Everyone had a lot of points in that Pittsburgh series. Voracek had 6 points, hell Talbot, Schenn and Couturier all had 4 points just 2 behind Jagr.

But that wasn't what I was talking about when I said he was "ineffective" I thought he dragged down Giroux a lot (and so did Hartnell at times)...he ****ed up so many of our scoring chances and forechecks this entire playoffs.

I don't want the management to re-sign him, that's just my opinion, it doesn't have to be your opinion and you shouldn't feel the need to get all defensive about it...jeez
im also expressing my opinions
"just 2 points behind" don't forget each point could be the key one.
I don't know how well you remember those matches, but we weren't exactly steam rolling pens, each goal was important.

Also G is still young and need to learn a lot, i'll point out at his ban again, did Jagr do anything even close to that?, pointless arguing with refs?, G still needs to learn and evolve, focus more on play than trying to be another Crosby and i think Jagr can help with that in my opinion.
Also i don't think Jagr dragged G down, but thats just my opinion again.
But ofc playoffs Jagr was 3 levels down from Jagr in first half of season, i blame groin, maybe he can heal it up now.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Jtown

Quote:
im also expressing my opinions
"just 2 points behind" don't forget each point could be the key one.
I don't know how well you remember those matches, but we weren't exactly steam rolling pens, each goal was important.

Also G is still young and need to learn a lot, i'll point out at his ban again, did Jagr do anything even close to that?, pointless arguing with refs?, G still needs to learn and evolve, focus more on play than trying to be another Crosby and i think Jagr can help with that in my opinion.
Also i don't think Jagr dragged G down, but thats just my opinion again.
But ofc playoffs Jagr was 3 levels down from Jagr in first half of season, i blame groin, maybe he can heal it up now.
Id love jagr back, but we have to be honest with ourselves about his play. At this point in time he is a huge liability on defense, which hurts us because he already have a variety of forwards like that. JVR and Briere come to mind.

He will also be 41, though he is a phenomenal athlete with great work ethic we should taper our expectations accordingly.

And finally, Jagr was basically a non factor on the ice this series. He can't forecheck, and he cant play along the boards the way the devils attack. In an open style like the pens series he can dominate as we saw, but this series exploited a team weakness and he was a big part of it.

if he comes back back with a low price tag its a no brainer. If he wants the same contract as last year, id hesitate.

Closed Thread