HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Old
04-01-2012, 05:20 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
National Harbor was desperate for tenants last year in some of their lower priced condo units, and with all the new condo projects going up around town other places are probably in the same boat. Rhode Island Row being one to look into. About to come on line in the semi-hood area right next to the Home Depot off Rhode Island Ave. Could possibly sneak your way into a short term lease in a new development if the managment company is desperate for paying costumers to move in.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Tronador

Help with ticket order

Hi,

i just try to get a ticket for the next game in Washington against Florida (5th of april) via ticketmaster.com, but as a non US-customer i ask myself how to get a ticket for the game as i only can choose the possibility of "Customers in Other Countries: by Will Call". But it is said:

"If you order tickets to a U.S. event and you have a billing address that is outside of the United States and Canada, then you may be obligated to use international will call and may have to place your order at least 10 days prior to the event."

So what possibilities do i have to attend the game?

Thanks in advance.

Tronador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM

Always guys selling tickets out front if you get desperate.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:25 PM
sk84fun_dc

I looked at the international will call option on the delivery page of ticketmaster and did not see the 10 day warning. I think if you choose international purchase will call option and it lets you make the purchase with a credit card, you would need to bring your id (passport) and the same credit card with you to pick up the ticket at will call at the arena, as noted, but you would have a confirmation number and a seat location.

I understand the concern and it is only an assumption, but if it lets you place the order, I think you should be ok. I will try to confirm (if possible) once business hours start tomorrow in the area.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 05:06 AM
oilsands
shut 'em down.

Thanks for the tips gents. I've got a place to stay until June 1 and then will need to find a place for myself and GF for June and July. Definitely on a budget being a postgraduate student, and willing to commute via metra (Farragut area). I was just trying to get a feel for a decent area for a short-term stay.

oilsands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:16 PM
NomadFan

Kings fan, coming in peace!

There's a chance I might get a summer position in DC, and I wanted to get people's opinions on the ice rink situation. I want to continue playing hockey if I do make it out, so what are people's suggestions/recommendations/advice on this?

Not sure where i'd be living, but I wouldn't mind having to trek the metro lines to get to a rink, assuming that's a reasonable thing to do.

I dug around this thread, and it seems like talk of DC-area beer leagues stopped after page 1 /sadface

Thanks for your input!

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:41 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadFan View Post
Kings fan, coming in peace!

There's a chance I might get a summer position in DC, and I wanted to get people's opinions on the ice rink situation. I want to continue playing hockey if I do make it out, so what are people's suggestions/recommendations/advice on this?

Not sure where i'd be living, but I wouldn't mind having to trek the metro lines to get to a rink, assuming that's a reasonable thing to do.

I dug around this thread, and it seems like talk of DC-area beer leagues stopped after page 1 /sadface

Thanks for your input!
Kettler Capitals Iceplex is two blocks from the Ballsrom metro stop on the orange line. Fort Dupont and (bloody hell, blanking on the name of the Alexandria rink) are within Metro's radius but not sure if there's a convenient stop. Fairfax Ice Arena and Tucker Road are at the edge of Metro service and do not have a convenient stop. Also, I don't think Tucker Road has an adult league. Reston SkateQuest, Ashburn Icehouse, and Laurel Gardens should all be outside Metro's service area.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:05 PM
NomadFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Kettler Capitals Iceplex is two blocks from the Ballsrom metro stop on the orange line. Fort Dupont and (bloody hell, blanking on the name of the Alexandria rink) are within Metro's radius but not sure if there's a convenient stop. Fairfax Ice Arena and Tucker Road are at the edge of Metro service and do not have a convenient stop. Also, I don't think Tucker Road has an adult league. Reston SkateQuest, Ashburn Icehouse, and Laurel Gardens should all be outside Metro's service area.
Nice! I'll start looking those up. Any general idea on what the cost is for one season?

NomadFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 03:08 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadFan View Post
Nice! I'll start looking those up. Any general idea on what the cost is for one season?
My teams register as a team, so I'm not certain of the individual registration fees. I would guess $400-450 depending on the rink. Some rinks make you register for USA Hockey on top of that.

Old
04-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Could anyone help me with playoff tickets? PM

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Not relevant to this summer, but in about another 18 months Reston Skate Quest is going to be closer to a metro stop than Kettler is.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Also, Ballston, not Ballsrom. Wtf.

Old
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

I'm in DC now. And I assume there will be practice in KCI tomorrow, right?

Can I just get there and see it?

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 04:15 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
I'm in DC now. And I assume there will be practice in KCI tomorrow, right?

Can I just get there and see it?
I am guessing the Caps will practice tomorrow, though I don't know for sure if or when. Entry to Kettler isn't regulated, it's metro convenient and there's plenty of paid parking, but expect it to be very crowded.

Old
04-16-2012, 05:07 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

I wouldn't be surprised at one of the practices Wed or Thur would be very optional, though. I'd keep track on twitter just so you know for sure.

But yeah, just go on in and if you can find a spot you're set.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:54 PM
jackattack
Rookie User

All-Inclusive?

Hi, I didn't see this answered anywhere on the boards. I moved down to Richmond in 2010, but have only been able to get to one caps game so far since I've been here. I have some friends coming down and we're going to the game Sunday. I purchased the all-inclusive package for all of us, since it wound up only being about $10-20 more. Anybody ever purchase these tickets before? Just wondering how the "perks" part are. I'm sure it'll be fine, I'm just excited and kind of want to know what I'm getting myself into. Thanks!

jackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 12:19 PM
sk84fun_dc

It depends on which all-inclusive. I learned recently when helping a friend out who bought one of these packages. Where are the seats, generally speaking - club (200s), lower (100s), upper level (400s)?

One thing, for some of the packages, you can get into the building 15 or so minutes earlier than everyone else. For some of the packages, you have access to the room/food for more than just up until game time, so definitely depends on the package.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 01:47 PM
jackattack
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
It depends on which all-inclusive. I learned recently when helping a friend out who bought one of these packages. Where are the seats, generally speaking - club (200s), lower (100s), upper level (400s)?

One thing, for some of the packages, you can get into the building 15 or so minutes earlier than everyone else. For some of the packages, you have access to the room/food for more than just up until game time, so definitely depends on the package.
The seats are upper level, and I'm pretty sure its the most basic of the packages. It'll be a great time either way, I'm just trying to kill time between now and when we leave tomorrow.

jackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
theyankeesguy*

Send a message via AIM to theyankeesguy*
Round 2 Trade

Below is what I have for the games at MSG, I'm looking to trade 2 for 2 or 4 for 4 for comparable tickets in NY to DC. Would like TICKETS FOR GAME 4 IN DC.

Will also sell, but much rather trade for Game 4 Tickets in DC!

**NY RANGERS PLAYOFF TICKETS**
(ALL ROUND 2 GAMES VS CAPS-OVECHKIN!)
New York Rangers Playoffs: Round 2 Home Game 2 (Game 2)
Mon, Apr 30, 2012 07:30 PM
2 Tickets- Section 325 Row: 2 Notes: (2nd Row in Newly Renovated Section)

4 Tickets- Section 325 Row: 2 Notes: (2nd Row in Newly Renovated Section)

2 Tickets- Section :101 Row: 25 Notes: Lower Bowl

New York Rangers Playoffs: Round 2 Home Game 3 (Game 5)*
Mon, May 7, 2012 07:30 PM
4 Tickets -Section :345 Row: 1 (First Row)
Notes: 1st Row, Unlimited Leg Room, Easy Access to Bathroom, Right on Glass behind Goal.

4 Tickets- Section :220 Row: D (4th Row in Section) Notes: Lower Bow! Center Ice!

New York Rangers Playoffs: Round 2 Home Game 4 (Game 7)*
Mon, May 7, 2012 07:30 PM
4 Tickets- Section :315 Row: J Note: 300 Level, Sideline View!

DM/PM me with more info.

theyankeesguy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:03 PM
nyrmetros

What's the best and cheapest place to park a car in DC? Does the subway run all night after the game? What's the landmark cheap eatery in the DC area? Any bars with $1 beers before the game?

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
What's the best and cheapest place to park a car in DC? Does the subway run all night after the game? What's the landmark cheap eatery in the DC area? Any bars with $1 beers before the game?
Can't answer your other questions, but im pretty sure the metro runs until 12 usually. However, during the triple OT it ran later for obvious reasons.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 11:16 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Decent parking if going in on Constitution and turning a left on 6th and some parking garages on the left.

Not going to find dollars beers in DC.

05-09-2012, 07:03 AM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
Decent parking if going in on Constitution and turning a left on 6th and some parking garages on the left.

Not going to find dollars beers in DC.
Are these lots open 24 hours? If the game goes OT I don't want the car stuck in the lot. lol

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Capagonia

Quote:
Not dollar beers but Hill Country approx. 2 blocks from VC on 7th st. has a happy hour with $2 PBRs and $5 rail drinks and house margaritas

Capagonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:10 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Are these lots open 24 hours? If the game goes OT I don't want the car stuck in the lot. lol
Don't believe so but the time might be midnight or 1am. The mall parking lot next to verizon center is more expensive but might be 24 hours.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote