HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 08:03 PM
opendoor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucker View Post
I've been doing some reading on torn labrums and depending on the severity of the injury its possible to rehab the injury without surgery. The article I read says it takes 4-6 weeks to rehab. Obviously we don't know the details or the extent of the injury, but if he could play for several months with it, I doubt it was too severe. If a 4-6 week rehab was an available option, even if he had to have surgery to fix it in the off season it would probably have been a better option than him trying to play through it.
Given how the team handled Edler's back surgery last season I have little doubt they would've taken a 4 week rehab in Feb-Mar if they thought he'd be back at 100% for the playoffs.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:10 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
All this Kesler hate is bit disheartening. People saying he's an idiot, wanting him traded, saying he should be a third liner. I don't want to trade Kesler, I want more Keslers.

Then people saying they should rest him until the playoffs next year? Are these the same people who thought we should rest Daniel until the Stanley Cup Final this year before the series vs LA? The sense of entitlement is mind-blowing, like it'll just be a waltz into the playoffs again. Who knows what kind of start we are looking at without Kesler.

It sucks he's gotten hurt these last couple of years, but I appreciate what he's done the last couple of years. Hopefully he can make a good recovery and be back on that 2nd line as soon as possible.
He keeps coming back from injuries faster than the estimated recovery time and then gets himself injured in a big way 2-3 months later, usually near/in the playoffs. The regular season isn't exactly a walk in the park, but if he's at 50%/out when it matters the most then that's a really bad thing for the team.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
m9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
He keeps coming back from injuries faster than the estimated recovery time and then gets himself injured in a big way 2-3 months later, usually near/in the playoffs. The regular season isn't exactly a walk in the park, but if he's at 50%/out when it matters the most then that's a really bad thing for the team.
So he came back early from one injury, and weeks or months later got a completely different injury. What does that even tell you in regards to coming back early? Its not like he re-injured something.

Its just funny, because its easy in May to want a guy out 'til next March and then we're a 4-7-2 start away from people begging for him to get back in the lineup.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:36 PM
timw33

Ugh. Brutal.

That's why we need a 3rd line centre that can play a top 6 role temporarily. Hodgson would've been useful in this case IMO...ah well...

Old
05-08-2012, 08:40 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by timw33 View Post
Ugh. Brutal.

That's why we need a 3rd line centre that can play a top 6 role temporarily. Hodgson would've been useful in this case IMO...ah well...
Agreed.

Old
05-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Welcome aboard!
I forgot what finally got me to regsister. No doubt it was a crazy trade them all proposal.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Which is funny, because I'm telling all the other posters last October to calm down and myself in January I am freaking out. That's mainly because every October we do the same thing - go .500 playing way below our own standards and then we go on a tear the rest of the way. I still can't believe some fans haven't learned this. It's happened the last 6 years, and we've won 5 division titles (top 3 conference finishes) by doing so. It's gonna be the same process with AV every year and as long as we are in that top 3 by April, frankly, I don't give a damn.

It's going to be a ****-show this October though, if you thought last year was bad, come back to the boards this October. Posts about "Is this team's window closed?", "Fire AV+Gillis", "Trade (star player[s])", "Should we have stuck with Luongo?"*wishful thinking will be rampant. Just a prediction. And I will probably be taking a vacation from these boards and all other media sources.
Agree completely with everything in the 1st paragraph. I was calm as could be in October/Early Nov but started freaking out in late January/Feb on when it was obvious they were winning most if not all their games due to Goaltending.

I didn't really think anything could get worse then the start of last season but I think you've got a point about this upcoming one.... kind of scary to think about it really. I really wish some fans would stop acting so entitled & thinking this team/Franchise owes them. Its pretty clear that they haven't thought about just how good this era in Canucks history is & how bad it used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Can someone refresh my memory? You say that like he has done it 5 times, I can only recall him doing this twice: This year & when he had his first hip surgery in 06/07 & was out till Game 1 of the playoffs where he broke a finger blocking a shot (where he wanted it cut off so he could go out & play again). Has it happened any other time?

Old
05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
Can he not train yet in the off season, such as skating, conditioning in a few months?

Its not like its his hip again where he cant even skate and do cardio.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:14 PM
croutonsinmysalad

Don't be too sad guys, there's a chance that there's a lockout next season. If so, Ryan can rest his ass and the rooster can further rest and work on their game. Oh, I don't know anything really about how free agency is going to work. Does Weber stay a RFA until July 2013? if so, we can get him to sign in Vancouver without trading away any assets. 2014 will be the year the canucks bring home the cup, with everyone rested and Kassian, Jensen, Tanev etc maturing and what not. Positive thoughts guys, positive thoughts.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Zanon

This injury of Kesler's combined with the Daniel Sedin's, it's no wonder why the Canucks couldn't win more than one game. It's stuff like this that can really **** up your chances in the playoffs. A team can be healthy all season long, but then BAM! One key guy goes down and everything changes.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:25 PM
John Swartzwelder
MOAR TUFFNESS!!!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpaulson View Post
Don't be too sad guys, there's a chance that there's a lockout next season. If so, Ryan can rest his ass and the rooster can further rest and work on their game. Oh, I don't know anything really about how free agency is going to work. Does Weber stay a RFA until July 2013? if so, we can get him to sign in Vancouver without trading away any assets. 2014 will be the year the canucks bring home the cup, with everyone rested and Kassian, Jensen, Tanev etc maturing and what not. Positive thoughts guys, positive thoughts.
No, 2013 is a more realistic target, the contracts of edler, burrows, higgins, lapierre, tanev, schroeder are running out after this season. more than likely some will leave.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
KISSland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanon View Post
This injury of Kesler's combined with the Daniel Sedin's, it's no wonder why the Canucks couldn't win more than one game. It's stuff like this that can really **** up your chances in the playoffs. A team can be healthy all season long, but then BAM! One key guy goes down and everything changes.
Excuses. Our team was just severely outplayed by a superior team.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuongosTirePump View Post
October is 6 months from May....and i said might.
No, six months is November.

May 8 -> June 8 = 1
June 8 -> July 8 = 2
July 8 -> August 8 = 3
August 8 -> Sept 8 = 4
Sept 8 -> Oct 8 = 5
Oct 8 -> Nov 8 = 6

Old
05-08-2012, 09:56 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
No, six months is November.

May 8 -> June 8 = 1
June 8 -> July 8 = 2
July 8 -> August 8 = 3
August 8 -> Sept 8 = 4
Sept 8 -> Oct 8 = 5
Oct 8 -> Nov 8 = 6
Is that really necessary?

5 (May) + 6 = 11 (Nov)

Old
05-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
Given how the team handled Edler's back surgery last season I have little doubt they would've taken a 4 week rehab in Feb-Mar if they thought he'd be back at 100% for the playoffs.
Yeah, though it does make me wonder why AV kept subtly running Kesler down in the media when he clearly knew he was playing through injury. Then again, AV's history suggests he might not believe in injuries

Old
05-08-2012, 10:28 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
GOD DAMN IT KESLER YOU INJURED YOUR LABRUM AND COME BACK TOO EARLY AND INJURY IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

You'd think the shoulder and hip share the same labrum from reading this thread.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:30 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Yeah, though it does make me wonder why AV kept subtly running Kesler down in the media when he clearly knew he was playing through injury. Then again, AV's history suggests he might not believe in injuries
AV uses the same system as I do when it comes to sympathy. No physical signs and it's not real.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Well this is just ****ing great. There goes another offseason for Kesler to get back into form. Anyone remember when the Canucks were a team bursting at the seams with centres? Seems like a long time ago. Well Schroeder, you're up. 2nd line centre job is open, and it's up to you to grab it and by grab it I mean don't be so horrible our meathead coach plays Lapierre and/or Pahlsson ahead of you. Mind you knowing AV, Schroeder's probably only one missed check away from 3 minutes ice time a night.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a happy camper right now.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:44 PM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dado View Post
no, six months is november.

May 8 -> june 8 = 1
june 8 -> july 8 = 2
july 8 -> august 8 = 3
august 8 -> sept 8 = 4
sept 8 -> oct 8 = 5
oct 8 -> nov 8 = 6
i loled, kesler's career will be short-lived if he keeps playing balls to the walls. hitting and trying to be "superman" no wonder why a.v called him out and told him to use his linemates more.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Peter Griffin

I bet Nicklas Jensen makes the team out of training camp.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Minimalist*

Would much rather have Staal...

Kesler is... difficult...

Old
05-08-2012, 11:15 PM
StringerBell

Get well soon Guzzler!

Old
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post

This is ridiculous. Kesler plays his ass off night in and night out. He takes punishment like no other Canuck. The guy is a warrior and warriors like him suffer injuries.

One of the greatest gritty, but offensively gifted player I have seen is Peter Forsberg and the guy was injured all the time because of the way he played.

People here need to loosen up and cut the guy some slack. The guy played much of the year with a bum shoulder and was fresh off hip surgery. After the year prior, he deserves a chance to redeem himself.

Old
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimalist View Post

He's always injured. I would take Eric and Jordan over kes.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Hopefully, this time they do the right thing and keep him for a longer period of time just in case.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:37 PM
metric

So any other labrum's Kesler can tear? I guess the other shoulder and hip?

Closed Thread