HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Marlies Thread Part IX: Stuart Percy Impresses All.

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
S2S
Come at me bros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabovski View Post
I cant believe I noticed this just now..
It is a very Northeastern centric league.

Also the midwest division is comprised of:

Chicago
Milwaukee
Peoria
Rockford
Charlotte

See the outlier? Feels like Winnipeg in the Southeast. Grand Rapids should be in that division, makes too much sense.

Old
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Portland/Edmonton game going to OT right now.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
The Hutch

Great game for Greg Scott. Hopefully the start of some good things to come for the kid.

Marlies now in position to win the series tomorrow. Just so happens that I've got tickets.

Old
05-09-2012, 05:10 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHENNsational View Post
Scott, Acton and Gysbers should be nowhere near the ice considering what the Marlies currently have available
I think somebody owes Scott an apology. MOTHER ****ING BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kilgro: 05-09-2012 at 05:22 AM.
Old
05-09-2012, 08:00 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
Portland/Edmonton game going to OT right now.
What a beautiful series. Tied at 2.

Can't pick a winner out of this one. I hope that the Winterhawks win, so that I can see Brad Ross take some penalties in the mem cup

Old
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
What a beautiful series. Tied at 2.

Can't pick a winner out of this one. I hope that the Winterhawks win, so that I can see Brad Ross take some penalties in the mem cup
Think it goes 7. What a battle.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

McKegg vs Ross in the Mem Cup would be a nice treat.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Number13

If Frattin can add a few pounds and play with the same intensity he shows in the AHL at the NHL level, he is going to be a beauty. His shot is top notch, I just want to see him play with the same aggression I've been seeing from him in the AHL playoffs on a regular basis in the show and we have a legit top 6 stud imo.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
If Frattin can add a few pounds and play with the same intensity he shows in the AHL at the NHL level, he is going to be a beauty. His shot is top notch, I just want to see him play with the same aggression I've been seeing from him in the AHL playoffs on a regular basis in the show and we have a legit top 6 stud imo.
I agree. I watched him in a couple AHL regular season games and he plays with a lot more edge to him there. I think he will come around with some experience. By comparison he seemed to be holding back and not playing confidently under RW. Hopefully Carlyle wants to make more use of his forechecking.

When I saw him live in Hamilton, he seemed to be making a big hit every shift. It was preventing the Bulldog Dmen from getting the puck out of their zone most times. Looked totally different then the safe, nearly useless play he had in the NHL.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
SteveV*

Seriously, Frattin needs to add a few pounds? He was a rookie in the NHL, but he sure threw his body around and guys BOUNCED off him, putting on weight is the least of his concerns. There is only one thing Frattin needs to work on, and that is using his linemates more effectively, he has a tendency to put his head down and forget about the pass, unless out of options. That can be taught, his weight is of no concern whatsoever, the guy is a tree!!

Old
05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Seriously, Frattin needs to add a few pounds? He was a rookie in the NHL, but he sure threw his body around and guys BOUNCED off him, putting on weight is the least of his concerns. There is only one thing Frattin needs to work on, and that is using his linemates more effectively, he has a tendency to put his head down and forget about the pass, unless out of options. That can be taught, his weight is of no concern whatsoever, the guy is a tree!!
This is what most HFboards posters want to see in an ideal hockey player:

Every guy "needs to add more weight."

Old
05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
KlattNazty

Kadri, Frattin, and Damigo have performed very well for the marlies, its nice to see strong/ dominant efforts from these guys on a consistent basis.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I agree. I watched him in a couple AHL regular season games and he plays with a lot more edge to him there. I think he will come around with some experience. By comparison he seemed to be holding back and not playing confidently under RW. Hopefully Carlyle wants to make more use of his forechecking.

When I saw him live in Hamilton, he seemed to be making a big hit every shift. It was preventing the Bulldog Dmen from getting the puck out of their zone most times. Looked totally different then the safe, nearly useless play he had in the NHL.
I'd love to see Frattin play with more of an edge and gain some intensity at the NHL level, I hope Carlyle brings that out in him. The kid is built for that style of physical play, and could be a big playoff performer in the future for the Leafs.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
I'd love to see Frattin play with more of an edge and gain some intensity at the NHL level, I hope Carlyle brings that out in him. The kid is built for that style of physical play, and could be a big playoff performer in the future for the Leafs.
I'd be happy if Frattin turned into a poor man's Dustin Brown.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
This is what most HFboards posters want to see in an ideal hockey player:

Every guy "needs to add more weight."
I don't know about calling this the idea hockey player....but imagine him as a goaltender?

Old
05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Agreed, he's only 6' but he weighs around 210 IIRC? That's insane. Frattin is a damn beast.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I don't know about calling this the idea hockey player....but imagine him as a goaltender?
Wouldn't work with Allaire, there is no way you want this guy to play butterfly style (his knees couldn't take it).

Old
05-11-2012, 01:35 AM
HOCKEYGOON

Any info on round 3 tickets?

It looks like we'll be on the road to start if things continue the way they have been going in the other series.

Old
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
samwitch

How has Colborne looked? Seems kinda quiet. Is he even playing?

Old
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
How has Colborne looked? Seems kinda quiet. Is he even playing?
He is still injured, and was scratched in the last game.

Old
05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
samwitch

Dang. Okay, thanks! Loving this palyoff run, btw. Hopefully can catch another game when they are back at Ricoh!

Old
05-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I really hope this is the reason for his abysmal play of the late.

Also that fat picture reminds me of the fat sumo wrestler goalie that leeis made lol

05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Colborne and his line mates were the best line in the first 2 playoff games va Rochester IMO. They cycled the **** out of Rochester and just flat out owned the puck and he put up 3 assists in 2 games. Once he got hurt his play dropped off. I wouldn't say he was abysmal lately considering that. Ppl need to get off colbornes back, he was fine until he got hurt.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:10 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Colborne and his line mates were the best line in the first 2 playoff games va Rochester IMO. They cycled the **** out of Rochester and just flat out owned the puck and he put up 3 assists in 2 games. Once he got hurt his play dropped off. I wouldn't say he was abysmal lately considering that. Ppl need to get off colbornes back, he was fine until he got hurt.
Oh I agree. I want him back healthy, and well. I hope next season he keeps up a consistent game rather than a torrid start and drop off in the AHL.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Budsfan

Some interesting observations by Mike Ulmer

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/heres-to-...-ones-to-come/

Quote:
Defenceman Korbinian Holzer has been a monster and he is ready to jump. Twenty-five-year-old Ben Scrivens had the lowest goals against average and save percentage in the American League during the regular season (2.04, .926). Same thing with the post-season (1.58, .945). He’s a restricted free agent. The Leafs are going to have to fish or cut bait with him. Jerry D’Amigo, Nazem Kadri, Greg Scott, Deschamps and Mark Fraser are putting up strong cases for promotion. The team’s minor league system is in the best shape it’s been in years, maybe ever.

Closed Thread