HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Marlies Thread Part IX: Stuart Percy Impresses All.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-08-2012, 05:24 PM
  #101
S2S
Come at me bros
 
S2S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabovski View Post
I cant believe I noticed this just now..
It is a very Northeastern centric league.

Also the midwest division is comprised of:

Chicago
Milwaukee
Peoria
Rockford
Charlotte

See the outlier? Feels like Winnipeg in the Southeast. Grand Rapids should be in that division, makes too much sense.

S2S is offline  
Old
05-08-2012, 11:30 PM
  #102
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy
 
TheNorthFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Portland/Edmonton game going to OT right now.

TheNorthFace is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 01:49 AM
  #103
The Hutch
Registered User
 
The Hutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: New Westminster, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 550
vCash: 500
Great game for Greg Scott. Hopefully the start of some good things to come for the kid.

Marlies now in position to win the series tomorrow. Just so happens that I've got tickets.

The Hutch is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 05:10 AM
  #104
kilgro
Thank you Burke!
 
kilgro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHENNsational View Post
Scott, Acton and Gysbers should be nowhere near the ice considering what the Marlies currently have available
I think somebody owes Scott an apology. MOTHER ****ING BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last edited by kilgro: 05-09-2012 at 05:22 AM.
kilgro is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 08:00 AM
  #105
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
Portland/Edmonton game going to OT right now.
What a beautiful series. Tied at 2.

Can't pick a winner out of this one. I hope that the Winterhawks win, so that I can see Brad Ross take some penalties in the mem cup

showtime8 is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 02:44 PM
  #106
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy
 
TheNorthFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
What a beautiful series. Tied at 2.

Can't pick a winner out of this one. I hope that the Winterhawks win, so that I can see Brad Ross take some penalties in the mem cup
Think it goes 7. What a battle.

TheNorthFace is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
  #107
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,223
vCash: 500
McKegg vs Ross in the Mem Cup would be a nice treat.

LeafErikson* is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 03:09 PM
  #108
Number13
Registered User
 
Number13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,316
vCash: 500
If Frattin can add a few pounds and play with the same intensity he shows in the AHL at the NHL level, he is going to be a beauty. His shot is top notch, I just want to see him play with the same aggression I've been seeing from him in the AHL playoffs on a regular basis in the show and we have a legit top 6 stud imo.

Number13 is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
  #109
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
If Frattin can add a few pounds and play with the same intensity he shows in the AHL at the NHL level, he is going to be a beauty. His shot is top notch, I just want to see him play with the same aggression I've been seeing from him in the AHL playoffs on a regular basis in the show and we have a legit top 6 stud imo.
I agree. I watched him in a couple AHL regular season games and he plays with a lot more edge to him there. I think he will come around with some experience. By comparison he seemed to be holding back and not playing confidently under RW. Hopefully Carlyle wants to make more use of his forechecking.

When I saw him live in Hamilton, he seemed to be making a big hit every shift. It was preventing the Bulldog Dmen from getting the puck out of their zone most times. Looked totally different then the safe, nearly useless play he had in the NHL.

The Naz is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
  #110
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Seriously, Frattin needs to add a few pounds? He was a rookie in the NHL, but he sure threw his body around and guys BOUNCED off him, putting on weight is the least of his concerns. There is only one thing Frattin needs to work on, and that is using his linemates more effectively, he has a tendency to put his head down and forget about the pass, unless out of options. That can be taught, his weight is of no concern whatsoever, the guy is a tree!!

SteveV* is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 06:39 PM
  #111
Lebanese Leaf
Registered User
 
Lebanese Leaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Seriously, Frattin needs to add a few pounds? He was a rookie in the NHL, but he sure threw his body around and guys BOUNCED off him, putting on weight is the least of his concerns. There is only one thing Frattin needs to work on, and that is using his linemates more effectively, he has a tendency to put his head down and forget about the pass, unless out of options. That can be taught, his weight is of no concern whatsoever, the guy is a tree!!
This is what most HFboards posters want to see in an ideal hockey player:



Every guy "needs to add more weight."

Lebanese Leaf is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 09:49 AM
  #112
KlattNazty
Registered User
 
KlattNazty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,339
vCash: 500
Kadri, Frattin, and Damigo have performed very well for the marlies, its nice to see strong/ dominant efforts from these guys on a consistent basis.

KlattNazty is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
  #113
BertCorbeau
Moderator
Hellloooo!!!
 
BertCorbeau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I agree. I watched him in a couple AHL regular season games and he plays with a lot more edge to him there. I think he will come around with some experience. By comparison he seemed to be holding back and not playing confidently under RW. Hopefully Carlyle wants to make more use of his forechecking.

When I saw him live in Hamilton, he seemed to be making a big hit every shift. It was preventing the Bulldog Dmen from getting the puck out of their zone most times. Looked totally different then the safe, nearly useless play he had in the NHL.
I'd love to see Frattin play with more of an edge and gain some intensity at the NHL level, I hope Carlyle brings that out in him. The kid is built for that style of physical play, and could be a big playoff performer in the future for the Leafs.

BertCorbeau is online now  
Old
05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
  #114
Barilko14
Registered User
 
Barilko14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Renfrew, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
I'd love to see Frattin play with more of an edge and gain some intensity at the NHL level, I hope Carlyle brings that out in him. The kid is built for that style of physical play, and could be a big playoff performer in the future for the Leafs.
I'd be happy if Frattin turned into a poor man's Dustin Brown.

Barilko14 is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
  #115
Christ
Registered User
 
Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
This is what most HFboards posters want to see in an ideal hockey player:



Every guy "needs to add more weight."
I don't know about calling this the idea hockey player....but imagine him as a goaltender?

Christ is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
  #116
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,119
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Seriously, Frattin needs to add a few pounds? He was a rookie in the NHL, but he sure threw his body around and guys BOUNCED off him, putting on weight is the least of his concerns. There is only one thing Frattin needs to work on, and that is using his linemates more effectively, he has a tendency to put his head down and forget about the pass, unless out of options. That can be taught, his weight is of no concern whatsoever, the guy is a tree!!
Agreed, he's only 6' but he weighs around 210 IIRC? That's insane. Frattin is a damn beast.

LeafOfBread is offline  
Old
05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
  #117
Barilko14
Registered User
 
Barilko14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Renfrew, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I don't know about calling this the idea hockey player....but imagine him as a goaltender?
Wouldn't work with Allaire, there is no way you want this guy to play butterfly style (his knees couldn't take it).

Barilko14 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 01:35 AM
  #118
HOCKEYGOON
Registered User
 
HOCKEYGOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Penalty Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Any info on round 3 tickets?

It looks like we'll be on the road to start if things continue the way they have been going in the other series.

HOCKEYGOON is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 07:37 AM
  #119
samwitch
Registered User
 
samwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
How has Colborne looked? Seems kinda quiet. Is he even playing?

samwitch is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
  #120
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 3,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
How has Colborne looked? Seems kinda quiet. Is he even playing?
He is still injured, and was scratched in the last game.

Pyromaniac3 is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 08:15 AM
  #121
samwitch
Registered User
 
samwitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,637
vCash: 500
Dang. Okay, thanks! Loving this palyoff run, btw. Hopefully can catch another game when they are back at Ricoh!

samwitch is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 08:31 AM
  #122
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
I really hope this is the reason for his abysmal play of the late.

Also that fat picture reminds me of the fat sumo wrestler goalie that leeis made lol

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
  #123
kilgro
Thank you Burke!
 
kilgro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 500
Colborne and his line mates were the best line in the first 2 playoff games va Rochester IMO. They cycled the **** out of Rochester and just flat out owned the puck and he put up 3 assists in 2 games. Once he got hurt his play dropped off. I wouldn't say he was abysmal lately considering that. Ppl need to get off colbornes back, he was fine until he got hurt.

kilgro is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 09:10 AM
  #124
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 70,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Colborne and his line mates were the best line in the first 2 playoff games va Rochester IMO. They cycled the **** out of Rochester and just flat out owned the puck and he put up 3 assists in 2 games. Once he got hurt his play dropped off. I wouldn't say he was abysmal lately considering that. Ppl need to get off colbornes back, he was fine until he got hurt.
Oh I agree. I want him back healthy, and well. I hope next season he keeps up a consistent game rather than a torrid start and drop off in the AHL.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
  #125
Budsfan
Registered User
 
Budsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,040
vCash: 500
Some interesting observations by Mike Ulmer

http://blog.mapleleafs.com/heres-to-...-ones-to-come/

Quote:
Defenceman Korbinian Holzer has been a monster and he is ready to jump. Twenty-five-year-old Ben Scrivens had the lowest goals against average and save percentage in the American League during the regular season (2.04, .926). Same thing with the post-season (1.58, .945). He’s a restricted free agent. The Leafs are going to have to fish or cut bait with him. Jerry D’Amigo, Nazem Kadri, Greg Scott, Deschamps and Mark Fraser are putting up strong cases for promotion. The team’s minor league system is in the best shape it’s been in years, maybe ever.

Budsfan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.