HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

future goaltending stars

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2003, 10:22 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki
Just want to add I'm not questioning who's more NHL ready. Just why use the stats in that argument? AHL stats are not meaning less, but misleading if trying to compair to guys head to head.

Don't ask me, I didn't throw the stats at you.

I do agree with this point, I hate to compare stats and prefer the scouting assessments. For example, Dan Cloutier's stats in Vancouver are far superior to Martin Biron's with Buffalo but I personally feel that in terms of skill they're pretty much on an even keel with each other.

Old
11-21-2003, 11:00 AM
punkorama

What about Jason Bacashihua?

From looking at his stats he has never had great numbers, but every thing i have read says this kid has a lot of talent and just needs to learn how to control his game. Very emotional goalie that when he gets rattled starts trying to turn run of the mill saves into spectacular ones and that is where the goals get scored.

Anyone else agreee?

Old
11-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Niedermayer21

I'm hoping Ari Ahonen is the next great goalie. But I am a little biased.

Kari Lehtonen will be with Atlanta next season if he is as good as advertised.

Gotta love these Finnish goalies!!!!!!

Old
11-21-2003, 06:52 PM
Niedermayer21

Even though I no longer root for the Rangers, if Dan Blackburn can come back 100% from his injury, he may be one of the great goalies in the league for years to come IMO.

Sather actually did something right for a change!

It HAD to be an accident.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:53 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedermayer27
Sather actually did something right for a change!
Not really. Blackburn would have been much better off had Sather sent him back to juniors.

Old
11-22-2003, 07:14 AM
sensfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique
MARTIN PRUSEK people!
He is too old, same goes for Conklin, I thought we were talk'n about youngsters here. Ray Emery is going to be a star.

Old
11-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Alexander Auld won't be a star goaltender, but he'll be a solid starter/above average backup. Lukas Mensator, in the system for the Canucks, has big-game potential as well.

And we all know about the shoe-ins to be stars--like Lehtonen, DiPietro, Fleury, etc...

~Canucklehead~

11-22-2003, 10:24 AM
H-Bear

I'm going to get Flamed for this (sorry about the pun), but I think CGY has something special in Medvedev.

Now, they have to introduce him to fruits and veggies.

Old
11-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Ozy_Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
I'm going to get Flamed for this (sorry about the pun), but I think CGY has something special in Medvedev.

Now, they have to introduce him to fruits and veggies.
We call him "Doughnuts" 'round these here parts....

Old
11-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers guy
Not really. Blackburn would have been much better off had Sather sent him back to juniors.
I agree that he wasn't ready especially behind the Rangers D. Unfortunately he was one of those guys that was probably too good for Juniors but not prepared for the NHL. He is hurt now but the one thing no one knows is how his confidence is. My gut tells me he will never reach his potential, I hope I am wrong.

Old
11-22-2003, 01:45 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
Save percentage dictates how a goalie performs, and the fact that his is over .925 should say a lot. The kid has improved his game in the last couple of years and has gianed a lot of confidence. He handles the ouck extremely well and has got reflexes. He was his last 6 contests so it hink he should be up here with the rest. And no one has called me up on it because they know it's true. I'm not saying he's a top 3, but he is one of the game's best young stars...and he is also being looked at for the USA team so that should tell you something.
It isnt over .925. And its eight games played mate. Didnt he do this last year as well? Put together a hot streak and then below par the rest of the way. There are probably 50 goalies capable of putting a hot streak together. Zac Bierk had a sv pct over .930 in 16 games last year but nobody thinks he's a future goaltending star.

Phoenix fans know all about his USA appearances.. he played for them while he was here you know.. nothing new there. I like Esche.. he's a good guy and nobody cares more about the team than he does.. but I not sure he's a future starter let alone a future goaltending star. Part of what holds him back is the yips when he's really under pressure and that doesnt bode well for the playoffs either.

As for future stars.. I think Rangers have something special coming with Blackburn and Lundquist.

Old
11-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Tracy

Ryan Miller

Old
11-23-2003, 10:47 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Lukas Mensator! Yah I'm biased. But I have never seen a quicker goalie. He is tiny though.

Old
11-23-2003, 11:15 PM
puckstopper55

Send a message via AIM to puckstopper55
DiPietro

i think one of the many choices that cannot be over looked is Rick DiPietro. He was the #1 overall draft pick and has spent a few years in the minors getting ready and i think his time is now! While he isnt "stuck" behind anyone he is being rotated with a great mentor in the person of Garth Snow. I think the top 3 goalies in 5 years ( well after Brodour is done) will be

1) Rick DiPietro
2) Roberto Luongo ( Former islander)
3) Dan Blackburn ( assuming he comes back 100% and is ok mentally )

Old
11-24-2003, 12:08 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckstopper55
i think one of the many choices that cannot be over looked is Rick DiPietro. He was the #1 overall draft pick and has spent a few years in the minors getting ready and i think his time is now! While he isnt "stuck" behind anyone he is being rotated with a great mentor in the person of Garth Snow. I think the top 3 goalies in 5 years ( well after Brodour is done) will be

1) Rick DiPietro
2) Roberto Luongo ( Former islander)
3) Dan Blackburn ( assuming he comes back 100% and is ok mentally )
Blackie will be fine if he plays 100% of his games against the habs. God, I fear the day where Blackie and Leclair play on the same team against the habs.

Closed Thread