HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
This is what I don't understand but I think I know what happened. Bryz is colour blind. No wait, he is colour blind AND legally blind because he must of thought the Devils logo was actually the Flyers'.

The play Timonen made is not at all unusual. The play Bryz made was also not unusual...for him.
Yes it was.

Old
05-08-2012, 09:52 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Especially considering we have 8 more years of this and he's a year older. It's not like he's 25 and hitting his peak.
Thats the part that bothers me, but he was fine vs NJD.

This team isn't built to win 1-0 games.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:05 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
The entire rest of the season before March, the Pens series, and the shaky stretches during games in the NJ series don't fill me with hope.
I still don't recall shaky stretches during the NJ series. Let in a bad 5-hole goal against Sykora, let in the Poni OTGWG off a fat rebound, and then w/e happened with Clarkson tonight....3 separate games, 3 separate incidents that happen to all goalies leaguewide from time to time (and don't say it doesn't). I assume then you disagree that he wasn't our best player in this round?

Old
05-08-2012, 11:45 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

vCash: 50
Bryz played pretty well aside from some obvious hiccups. That stop he had on Parise tonight was fantastic, as were some of his other saves.

05-09-2012, 12:38 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

anyone who can defend Bryz on that 2nd goal is well, I am out of words actually. Why is Bryz even playing that with his stick. get the puck, cover it up and get the faceoff. You had pressure coming in from Clarkson. I mean honestly WTF was Bryzgalov thinking.
I dont care what some stupid color analyst thinks. I dont care what Mike Mckenna thinks on twitter. It was a stupid, bone headed retarded play by Bryzgalov and it completely changed the complextion of the game.
100 percent on Bryzgalov. I dont care what anyone says.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:48 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
anyone who can defend Bryz on that 2nd goal is well, I am out of words actually. Why is Bryz even playing that with his stick. get the puck, cover it up and get the faceoff. You had pressure coming in from Clarkson. I mean honestly WTF was Bryzgalov thinking.
I dont care what some stupid color analyst thinks. I dont care what Mike Mckenna thinks on twitter. It was a stupid, bone headed retarded play by Bryzgalov and it completely changed the complextion of the game.
100 percent on Bryzgalov. I dont care what anyone says.
Bad goal. 2 periods left to fix that....didn't happen.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:50 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pockets16 View Post
Bryzgalov is being paid 6mil and can't win games unless his team scores 3 or more goals.. the guy sucks.
He actually got paid ten million this year. Guaranteed Flyer fans will chase him out of town. And I mean literally chase him out.

Old
05-09-2012, 02:40 AM
jigsaw99

man he sucked

Old
05-09-2012, 03:05 AM
BillDineen

I have this on ignore now, but one comment from Bob MacKenzie:

Bryz has sub-900 save percentage in 14 of his 22 career playoff games.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Xegiie

Bryz was good..
but in each match except maybe one, he let team down by softie or two. And you could tell, players morale was always down after that.
Todays second goal was maybe most brutal one, but also Timonen's fault.
But all in all if i can cheose if it was more bryz or defence fault, i would say bad defence.

also i want add, Bob wouldn't win it either

Old
05-09-2012, 03:18 AM
ABjr

Great decision to tie Bryz with a long contract and let Richards and Carter walk out.
You are fine with Jagr and Bryz

Old
05-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABjr View Post
Great decision to tie Bryz with a long contract and let Richards and Carter walk out.
they didn't trade Carter and Richards to get Jagr

Old
05-09-2012, 03:27 AM
ABjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
Oh really??? Tell me something new.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Oh really??? Tell me something new.
yeah really, then why you talk trash?.. loled

Old
05-09-2012, 03:32 AM
ABjr

Quote:
yeah really, then why you talk trash?.. loled
Wtf you call trash talk. Compairing Carter and Richards with Jagr and Bryzgalov?
So I am not allowed to do it? Thanks for telling me the rules you wise man.

Old
05-09-2012, 03:51 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Wtf you call trash talk. Compairing Carter and Richards with Jagr and Bryzgalov?
So I am not allowed to do it? Thanks for telling me the rules you wise man.
i will let your own post talk, think about it, then think about it again and maybe you will get it

Quote:

Old
05-09-2012, 04:03 AM
Andre Poodle Lussier

Quote:
Sean Couturier has as many points as Jeff Carter this postseason...and Couts is only in his first postseason and playing mostly 3rd/4th line unlike Pretty Boy.

Carter can be on a line with Gretzky and Lemieux from their primes, playing in the late 80's, and still somehow not score 100 points in the regular season nor deliver in the playoffs.

Can't believe there are fans who actually want Carter on this roster...

Richards is a different story but I'm still not upset about the trades...the depth and youth we got in return has been pretty good so far...

Now we just need to fix the goaltending issue...or give our $51 million investment a lobotomy.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:08 AM
StandingCow

Getting Carter off this roster was good, and the return was amazing.

I still am not sure if I like the Richards trade (I go back and forth constantly liking then disliking it)...

Old
05-09-2012, 04:13 AM
ABjr

Quote:
i will let your own post talk, think about it, then think about it again and maybe you will get it
Learn to read.. I never said anything about trading carter&richards vs jagr and bryz. I think I am allowed to compare them. But of course you Jagr fans can't take the truth. He's way to slow even for KHL.
End of conversation with you, have better things to do than talking with walls.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:04 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
To the people complaining about the Richards/Carter trades in reference to Bryz...do you really think this team would be better off with those two and a different guy in net (both this season and moving forward)?

Old
05-09-2012, 06:09 AM
MIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
Bryz has sub-900 save percentage in 14 of his 22 career playoff games.
Coyotes fan here...I have felt your pain. Great for us in the regular season, playoffs another story. What's up with all the 5 hole goals?

Old
05-09-2012, 06:26 AM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
To the people complaining about the Richards/Carter trades in reference to Bryz...do you really think this team would be better off with those two and a different guy in net (both this season and moving forward)?
Since I said I wasn't sure about the Richards trade, and was happy with the Carter trade... would I be happy with Richards and someone else in net? Ehhh, I would have to say yes... since that someone else would probably have a better contract that wasn't so long.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:12 AM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I've actually been defending Bryzgalov on the Clarkson goal. Everyone in the known hockey universe seems to be destroying Bryzgalov over that goal, but why isnt Timonen getting at least 50% of the abuse?

He KNOWS his goalie isnt very skilled at handling the puck, and yet he plays it back to his goalie?

Worse? Timonen wasn't really under much pressure and had at least 2 or 3 other "out" options on that play other than passing to his own goalie.

Even worse still? Timonen, a defenseman, then just allows Clarkson COMPLETE access to his goalie, while he inexplicably just peels off away into the corner for some bizarre reason. Timonen absolutely leaves Bryzgalov out to dry. NBC Sports was absolutely SAVAGING Bryzgalov after the game, but IMO, he was probably the Flyers best player this series. He stole Game 1 for sure, kept the Flyers in Game 3, and then he almost stole Game 4 as well. I feel bad for the guy for all the media taking a crap on him.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...ed-share-video
stop it. the Bryzhaters are not gonna like that. can't give Timonen 50% blame [like I did], because they need to blame Bryz 100%.

it HAS to be 'all Bryz' ... it's just the way it is here with the usual crew.

he was EASILY the best Flyer, the only Flyer to show up at the start of games & nearly single handedly stole 3 games.

but, he let in that 2nd goal in game 5, so the entire series and season is all his fault.

forget an unbiased Devils fan's views, they'll sleep much better at night if they can blame everything on Bryz.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:23 AM
FlyerEra2010

Bryzy's still my guy. I'm not gonna say I love his contract or anything, but he's still a goalie that I have confidence in and he had a good (not great) series against the Devils overall. I think he'll be better next season and I base that off nothing at all.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:10 AM
dawkins121

Bryz is not a goalie you can win 4 playoff rounds with. He kept us in it at times during the Devils series but he never won a game for us (in either round. game 6 against Pittsburgh was mostly the defense).

For those of you saying he doesn't need to be Lundqvist or Quick to win with our forwards and our system, well guess what. He's being paid enough for us to expect ELITE level performance no matter what kind of system we use or how our forwards back check or how many turnovers our d-men have.

All of those things have room for improvement obviously but Bryz has brought most of the blame on himself. His five hole has been a gaping tunnel all year, weak shots from the side have consistently found ways to sneak in under his arms, his lateral movement has been so bad that at times he simply looks lazy in net, his awareness on rebounds and missed shots is non existent, and his puck handling has been beyond terrible.

Besides all of those issues with his actual goaltending, his professionalism on and off the ice has made me angry too. Went from the whole 24/7 fiasco with the crazy interviews and telling reporters he was better off benched for the winter classic (at a point when he had been awful all year it was not the best time to be cracking jokes about it) until the Flyers finally muzzled him. At that point he became sullen, sarcastic and moody. Even on the ice he constantly seemed alienated from his teammates and was extremely quick to show his frustration when he wasn't getting enough goal or defensive support, even though he had constantly let the team down throughout the season.

Overall Bryz has looked like a huge mistake and if there is some sort of amnesty clause in the new CBA I wouldn't think twice about getting Bryz out of here. Michael Leighton was awful, much worse than Bryz (most of the time). But even at his ridiculous 2 year extension price he was much better value than Bryz at 5.6 a year for 9 years.

Closed Thread