HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Board Celebration: Keep 1975 Alive!!!

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadw0n306 View Post
excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
Victory song:

terrible. mac miller is the worst

Old
05-09-2012, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
His shots at the Pens all year were annoying, but now they're just glorious tears...

Sarah Baicker ‏ @sbaickerCSN
Jagr says this season was the most he's enjoyed a season in the NHL. And that's counting the Cup years.
So I guess his favorite years are when he's 2ndary scoring. Jagr led teams never did much.

I actually hate the Rangers and Caps more than the Flyers. At least the Flyers have had some all time great players and two cups. The Rangers just kind of play in NY and actually have a pretty bad history and the Caps are just the Caps.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post

terrible. mac miller is the worst
Its also the Flyer's victory song.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:20 AM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 302
I brought a smile to my face seeing the Flyers eliminated.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:44 AM
Hophog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I like to think that we "loosened the jar" for the Devils.
The Flyers D did look worn down by the end of the 3rd game against the Devils. I too like to think that maybe our up tempo game might have had something to do with it.

I'm just wondering now that the Genius Laviolette was completely out coached by the Devils coach where does that leave all of those who want to see Bylsma gone? Obviously even if we had Laviolette as the Pens coach we would have bowed out to the superior coaching of the Devils team You know, because players have nothing to do with winning or losing. It's all about the coach.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
It's so wonderful to wake up and see the NHL free of orange for another playoff year.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:12 AM
JTG

Nice to see they lost, but...they beat us badly

Old
05-09-2012, 09:36 AM
SuburbanRhythm
WorldClassJagoff

This is pretty much like the Ravens all over again. You know, the team that broke records by winning two Super Bowls in the same regular season? Flyers became the first team to ever win the Cup in the first round.

Talbot...anyone else forsee a 50 game, 6 goal season coming next year?

But mostly, I'm just relishing how foolish most (not all) Flyers fans on the main boards are looking. Crosby whines/Giroux leads. Malkin is dirty/Rinaldo is gritty. On and on and on. The number of things that happened in this series that I was lead to believe only happened when the Penguins are involved was pretty humorous.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

This is why Pittsburgh annoys me often. People are acting like the linebacker who does a celebration dance after sacking the QB.......in a game where his team is losing 35-7 and there's 2 minutes left. Just chill out.

"The dumbest person in the room is always the loudest."

"It's better to be thought a fool and stay silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Old
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderratedBrooks44 View Post
This is why Pittsburgh annoys me often. People are acting like the linebacker who does a celebration dance after sacking the QB.......in a game where his team is losing 35-7 and there's 2 minutes left. Just chill out.

"The dumbest person in the room is always the loudest."

"It's better to be thought a fool and stay silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
Christ, settle down.

Only people in Pgh root for their rivals to lose, right? Especially after that team eliminated them...?

You have to be kidding me. Talk about a blanket statement.

It is only a game and if people are happy Philly lost, let it be without getting on your soapbox.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Sorry to be a killjoy... but I still don't much feel like celebrating. While it's nice to see the Flyers' futility streak continue... it really only brings the Penguins' problems more sharply into focus. The team that made the Pens look like a gaggle of unorganized, petulant, undisciplined children were rather easily handled by the Devils. That is cause for some unease.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Pens1566

Wait, I thought Giroux was the best player in the league?

Old
05-09-2012, 10:02 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Christ, settle down.

Only people in Pgh root for their rivals to lose, right? Especially after that team eliminated them...?

You have to be kidding me. Talk about a blanket statement.

It is only a game and if people are happy Philly lost, let it be without getting on your soapbox.
Points taken, though it's right in line with the usual yinzer BS I can't stand. Any time you cheer for someone to fail you just sound like an idiot, especially someone that just whooped your ass. If people take solace in this sort of thing that's kind of sad IMO.

The Flyers winning the Cup is a scary thought and I'm glad they're out. I'm just not going to parade around like it's some holiday.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Points taken, though it's right in line with the usual yinzer BS I can't stand. Any time you cheer for someone to fail you just sound like an idiot, especially someone that just whooped your ass. If people take solace in this sort of thing that's kind of sad IMO.

The Flyers winning the Cup is a scary thought and I'm glad they're out. I'm just not going to parade around like it's some holiday.
I take little solace in them losing, except seeing the Crosby/Giroux hypocrisy come full circle.

But if others want to be happy, let them.

Enough misery in this world.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:14 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

Who's parading? There are very few ways to celebrate this more discretely than on a Pittsburgh Penguins hockey message board. I will always be happy to see the Flyers lose. It doesn't make up for us losing but I'm still happy to see them out.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:15 AM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
I take little solace in them losing, except seeing the Crosby/Giroux hypocrisy come full circle.
I will say that this at least makes me smile a little bit.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:21 AM
UnderratedBrooks44

Quote:

But if others want to be happy, let them.

Enough misery in this world.
Again points well taken, I just think it's a little weird when they had a better season than us period.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Jaded-Fan

Also Booing their team when down 2-1. Selling tickets, many of them, on stubhub for $40 to a key game 5. Can you say bandwagon fans?

Giroux's selfishness in removing himself and basically the flyers from the series because the baby did not get a call.

So much ammo came from this to use against the loud mouth hypocrites that you can not help but smile.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Chili Goal 2

yeah, they beat us bad, but - last penguins cup was 36 months ago, last flyers cup was 37 years ago. I like that juxtaposition.

#gowesternconference

Old
05-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Hizaki
Taylor Swift 1989 :)

I'm quite happy.

Sure you can say how much worse it makes the Pens' performance/Byslma/Fleury look against team with an awful defense/goalie.

I'm going to look at it as a positive...Shero is forced to make more drastic changes, which is good.
Two of Martin/Michalek/Orpik should be gone at the very minimum.
Maybe two of the three or all three will stay, but I'm still looking forward to the the off-season moves and draft

Old
05-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Again points well taken, I just think it's a little weird when they had a better season than us period.
I have been giving Philly respect since the Summer. The fact they had the balls to send out two players they felt were bad leaders, and trust their youth, including Giroux, has to be lauded.

But the next time one of my Philly fan buddies whines about Crosby being a whiner and a diver, I won't have any problems reminding them about Giroux's behavior during these playoffs.

I don't recall Crosby ever being so selfish he took himself out of a pivotal elimination game...

Old
05-09-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I have been giving Philly respect since the Summer. The fact they had the balls to send out two players they felt were bad leaders, and trust their youth, including Giroux, has to be lauded.

But the next time one of my Philly fan buddies whines about Crosby being a whiner and a diver, I won't have any problems reminding them about Giroux's behavior during these playoffs.

I don't recall Crosby ever being so selfish he took himself out of a pivotal elimination game...
Don't forget Richards before that and go back to Bobby Clark who used to chase the refs around the ice yapping.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:41 AM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizaki View Post
I'm going to look at it as a positive...Shero is forced to make more drastic changes, which is good.
HA!

Yeah. Right.

I appreciate the positive spin but... well... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:43 AM
Hizaki
Taylor Swift 1989 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
HA!

Yeah. Right.

I appreciate the positive spin but... well... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I can still hope however unlikely change is

Old
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
MtlPenFan

Come on Brooks, this isn't like rooting for someone's marriage to end or spiking the ball after your worst enemy loses his job.

Jagr signing in Philly was bad enough, but the games that were played before and AFTER that happened was a middle finger to everything Penguins. He STILL couldn't resist taking shots at the team after they were eliminated last night.

Giroux and Hartnell's whining, just as bad as Sid's tantrums, FINALLY coming to light.

Laviolette and Berube taking shots at the team with their theatrics.
etc. etc.,

I'm sorry, but last night was glorious.

Closed Thread