HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 9

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
EHM 07 - Part 9

Part 8: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=964405

05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Starting the 21/22 season with the Lightning now.
Won two cups since I took over in 2014.

Old
05-07-2012, 06:14 PM
RO8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Starting the 21/22 season with the Lightning now.
Won two cups since I took over in 2014.
I'm taking over the Flyers and just finished my 2nd losing season in a row but at least free agents are signing with me now. I'm stockpiling some good prospects though so I'm excited to see where it goes and how my team turns out.

Old
05-07-2012, 07:59 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Dynasty mode engaged, Habsfan! Won the cup in my first full season in Montreal I swear all I have to do is take over a team, tinker with the roster a tiny bit, implement my practice, implement my tactics and then I'm good to go.

I managed to get my perfect player Fedor to have an 180 point season but I'm still waiting for the day I can do it with a regen/normal player.

Old
05-07-2012, 08:35 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Any tips on what to look for when drafting ? And how to develop players ?

Also do coaches effect players ?

Old
05-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Dynasty mode engaged, Habsfan! Won the cup in my first full season in Montreal I swear all I have to do is take over a team, tinker with the roster a tiny bit, implement my practice, implement my tactics and then I'm good to go.

I managed to get my perfect player Fedor to have an 180 point season but I'm still waiting for the day I can do it with a regen/normal player.
I got 180 with Semin. That's my max in the NHL. In the OHL I've had 237 with Josh Bailey..

Old
05-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Just broke one Gretzky's records at least. 50 in 38.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
tohon

Quote:
I got 180 with Semin. That's my max in the NHL. In the OHL I've had 237 with Josh Bailey..
I had a guy go for over 400 in the WHL, I'd give you the exact number, but after he hit 400 the point total reset to 0

Old
05-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Anyone use the Roster update? I need help!

I have the 1st overall pick for 2008 draft (2nd in game) and my choices are Center Boone Jenner (ranked #1), D Adam Larsson (Ranked #2) or RW Landeskog (Ranked 18th)

All my scouts suggested Larsson. I picked him to come here and ask for help.
Landeskog went 2nd. Jenner didn't even go till 6th.

My top 3 dmen are Green, Seabrook, Suter, so im pretty set at D (4 of my top 5 prospects are dmen too) (I also have Quincy, White, Morrisonn, Seidenberg, and prospects like Alzner and Carlson coming up, so kinda a log jam)

Jenners stats were the most NHL ready, (mostly orange, had good defense too) Landeskog had really good offensive stats, and Larsson had pretty good stats.

Who should I pick? (i have a save right before the draft)

(if it matters, top offensive players are: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Kesler, Brown, Knuble, Halpern. I was last because my D was brutal, but i fixed that by trading for the RFA rights of Seabrook. Also my goalie was Varlamov who was young so he'll be better next year.)

Please help!
I had the same decision. I had the 1st pick overall and decided to go with Larsson. So with that, Landeskog ended up playing in the NHL the following season and won the Calder Trophy. I signed Larsson but my board nixed the deal, saying the contract was unrealistic. Tried again the next season and Larsson would not come over. At this point, Jenner was in the ECHL. Tried again the next year and he signed. Had him in Bridgeport where he played solid defense. I'm in 13-14 now and Larsson is my #1 defenseman in Bridgeport, where the team is currently 17-0. Found a gem in a regen named Karl Whitfield

Landeskog is playing in the NHL with San Jose and Jenner is still toiling in the ECHL.

Old
05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Just broke one Gretzky's records at least. 50 in 38.
That is dope! As if he's only a 8.89

Here's an update on my future stud (Orr regen), Hardy Irwin:

First screen seen here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=981

Look how much I've raised his positioning. Just from some good practices. Sometimes intense on goaltending, sometimes medium on it. Other stats may have varied a bit. His first year isn't great, I do have him as the 3rd pairing guy and also on the 2nd ES line and PP time.

Next season he will move up because I'm letting my #1 (Hamrlik) go due to age/cost. I have signed Hardy for 9 years after this at $3.5 mil/yr. Might be a bit high right now but it will be great in a few years plus Hamrlik's cap hit is $3.8 mil so this will offset that plus Koivu is probably going to retire at the end of this season so Fedor will take over as captain.

Old
05-08-2012, 01:01 AM
jbreiner

Quote:
Over at TBL I hit 189 in a challenge with Peter Forsberg way back when. I believe his linemates were Havlat and Heatley, and he mostly spent the time feeding them pucks.

Old
05-08-2012, 02:03 AM
RO8

The rosters I'm using don't have an AHL affiliate for the Flyers so I have been loaning my good prospects to AHL teams. For some reason one of my top prospects is refusing to report to the AHL and he is not quite good enough for my team yet. He has ordinary mental characteristics so I'm not sure why he is opposing me I have better prospects who accepted their loans. Do you guys think the ECHL will hurt his development?

Also does any body know what attribute(s) poor self-belief is associated with?

Old
05-08-2012, 10:44 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
The rosters I'm using don't have an AHL affiliate for the Flyers so I have been loaning my good prospects to AHL teams. For some reason one of my top prospects is refusing to report to the AHL and he is not quite good enough for my team yet. He has ordinary mental characteristics so I'm not sure why he is opposing me I have better prospects who accepted their loans. Do you guys think the ECHL will hurt his development?

Also does any body know what attribute(s) poor self-belief is associated with?
I would give him an ECHL tryout and see if he's pushing 9s/10s constantly. If he is then I'm not sure what to do but if he's only doing 7s/8s then I think he would be okay down there for a season?

Also curious in the poor self-belief. I think it may have something to do with creativity?

Old
05-08-2012, 11:00 AM
RO8

Quote:
I would give him an ECHL tryout and see if he's pushing 9s/10s constantly. If he is then I'm not sure what to do but if he's only doing 7s/8s then I think he would be okay down there for a season?

Also curious in the poor self-belief. I think it may have something to do with creativity?
He is on Adirondacks right now and putting up around 8.17 though less then 10 games. Seems like it shouldn't hurt him to much but is definitely weird he refused to go to the AHL considering he is forced to go a league lower now and he doesn't seem to have any negative characteristics because he is ordinary.

I think poor self-belief it has to do with one of or multiple hidden attributes just not sire which one(s).

Old
05-08-2012, 06:30 PM
suprvilce

Ever had a player go out 8 months with torn MCL, miss the training camp and be just ready for 1st game of regular season, and get injured in his first game back and be again out 8 months with torn MCL. Ouch. I guess i have myself to blame, seems he wasn't practising fully, forgot to check that Poor Wellwood

Old
05-08-2012, 10:06 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
Ever had a player go out 8 months with torn MCL, miss the training camp and be just ready for 1st game of regular season, and get injured in his first game back and be again out 8 months with torn MCL. Ouch. I guess i have myself to blame, seems he wasn't practising fully, forgot to check that Poor Wellwood
that suuuucks. I've never had that no. I usually only see people go out with the UCL injury for 4 months. I've seen a fractured shin for Ovechkin once but nothing like that.

I feel like such an idiot. I never knew how to set up exhibition games before... I just realized you can set up mini tournaments in there too.

Last edited by irunthepeg: 05-08-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old
05-09-2012, 11:11 AM
fizban

Never had quite that situation either. I've had fractured skulls several times though.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
John McClane

vCash: 990
Just started playing this game. Not very good at it, usually get bumped early in the playoffs and my players never really excel. Still confused at all the stuff you can do, and I usually just simulate most of the season.

Old
05-09-2012, 01:08 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Year 1 with the Devils, I made it to the Eastern Conference Finals versus Sabres but got swept.

Year 2, Marty Brodeur retired here is my line up:

Kovalchuk-Zajac-Lupul
Parise-Elias-Zubrus
Ponikarovsky-Josefson-Clarkson
Tedenby-Zalewski-Zharkov

Hannan-Tallinder
Fayne-Larsson
Zidlicky-Volchenkov

Schneider
Esche

Hoping to make the playoffs, then we'll see what happens

Old
05-09-2012, 03:13 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Just started playing this game. Not very good at it, usually get bumped early in the playoffs and my players never really excel. Still confused at all the stuff you can do, and I usually just simulate most of the season.
Simulate as in don't coach the games or simulate as in 'go on vacation?' If it's the former, then that's fine, that's what most of us do. Don't go on vacation exception maybe in the summer if you've set your roster.

I've got a question maybe someone can answer. What's the best way to improve the physical stats like strength, speed, acceleration etc. My Orr regen Hardy Irwin could use some beefing up in that regard. Is that just stuff that comes naturally with time or do certain practice attributes help with that?

Old
05-09-2012, 06:45 PM
StormSurge9

I just started playing this game as well, although as a Guelph Storm fan I have only played the junior league and have not tried out the NHL yet.

Is there anywhere that has up to date junior rosters? It would be cool if I could actually play with this past seasons Storm roster.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:58 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
I just started playing this game as well, although as a Guelph Storm fan I have only played the junior league and have not tried out the NHL yet.

Is there anywhere that has up to date junior rosters? It would be cool if I could actually play with this past seasons Storm roster.
If you get the 2011/2012 rosters it should have every league up to date, I believe or at least most. You could manually add in any other players with the pre-game editor. See ehmtheblueline for these things.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:50 PM
RO8

Quote:
Simulate as in don't coach the games or simulate as in 'go on vacation?' If it's the former, then that's fine, that's what most of us do. Don't go on vacation exception maybe in the summer if you've set your roster.

I've got a question maybe someone can answer. What's the best way to improve the physical stats like strength, speed, acceleration etc. My Orr regen Hardy Irwin could use some beefing up in that regard. Is that just stuff that comes naturally with time or do certain practice attributes help with that?
Balance, strength and even agility can be raised by fitness/skating type regimes but will also naturally go up a bit even if not focused on specifically. Speed and acceleration I have only ever seen go up about 2 points so I don't know if it can be focused on specifically.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:26 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RO8 View Post
Balance, strength and even agility can be raised by fitness/skating type regimes but will also naturally go up a bit even if not focused on specifically. Speed and acceleration I have only ever seen go up about 2 points so I don't know if it can be focused on specifically.
Thanks for the tip!

Old
05-10-2012, 08:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm going to start a new EHM. Sim the first 5 years as an unemployed GM and take over the worst team in the league immediately following the play-offs.

Closed Thread