HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-09-2012, 04:18 AM
  #151
BlackStar
Registered User
 
BlackStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Emelin could take him under his wing...less of an age difference and Markov won't be a Hab for too long anyways imo (and is rarely around the team since he's usually nursing injury after injury because of a very fragile body...knock on wood for next season since we need him to make the playoffs, but once in playoffs we'll need real warriors...Ryan UFA Suter anyone?!).

Anyways...Galchenyuk (or Dumba) for me.


Near future:
Tinordi - PK Subban
Beaulieu - Dumba!
Emelin- Gorges
Ellis
I'll give it to you, your ability to creep markov-bashing comments into any and every thread is amazing.

BlackStar is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
  #152
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Good article

Everytime I read an article on Galchenyuk it makes me want to see him a in Habs jersey more and more!! (same with Dumba!!).


Dream come true (fantasy):
We somehow draft Galchenyuk and Dumba!!
(these fantasy Draft moves by Timmins will be rememberd as the ''Galchumba!!'').
I don't know why but he doesn't do anything for me yet. YouTube, articles etc I just can't get excited over him as a #3 pick. Maybe because there's nothing from him for this year and it's hard to get excited by a 16 year old kid unless he's Crosby.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
  #153
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
I'll give it to you, your ability to creep markov-bashing comments into any and every thread is amazing.
Thanks! (good to know not every Hab fan has put me on his/her ignore list!! ).

About Markov...yes I am looking forward to the no-more-Markov-era to begin!! (time for Subban, Gorges, UFA dman?, Dumba?!, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Emelin, Bennett et compagnie to shine!!). If Markov can help us for the remainder of his contract...good. (but I won't hold my breath even though some here want me to!!).



Go GalCHenyuk Go!! please be a Hab in June!).
Go Dumba Go!! (please somehow be a Hab in June!).

Mr. Hab is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 06:45 AM
  #154
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,895
vCash: 500
http://www.ushl.com/news.php?news_id=970

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
  #155
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best
 
Aspirine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,195
vCash: 50
Alexandre Mallet is very intriguing, as an overager. 3rd round?

Aspirine is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
  #156
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Alexandre Mallet is very intriguing, as an overager. 3rd round?
He isn't an overager in the Q, but 3rd year eligible if that's what you mean. Yes I would definitely look at taking him in the 3rd. He reminds me of a stockier version of Wayne Simmonds.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
  #157
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
IF they dont bust, and they develop to their maximum potential:

Gally : point per game, 80 pts. maybe 35 goals 45 assists regulary

Grigorenko: IF he doesnt bust, I see a 90 points player in him. Maybe a little bit more.

Forsberg: Well beetween 70 and 75 points.

Teravainen: Don't know him well.

Note: I'm not saying that Grigorenko is the best and that Forsberg is the worst pick. Just saying what their maximum potential is. (as my pick is Galchenyuk )

Really hard to predict. But yeah I see what you mean. Grigorenko's offensive potential is higher than Galchenyuk but Gally is more complete player.

I see:

Galchenyuk 60-70 pts per season with Habs (consistantly)
Grigorenko 40-90 pts per season (inconsistant)
Forsberg 60-70 pts per season (consistantly)
Yakupov 70-90 pts per season (consistantly)
Teravainen 40-60 pts per season (inconsistantly)
Murray 30-40 pts per season (consistantly)
Dumba 25-50 pts per season (I don't think he's as good as Subban)
Reilly 40-60 pts per season (question about his defensive play)
Trouba 20-30 pts per season
Faksa 30-40 pts per season

Aside from Yakupov, all these players are supporting players. By that I mean you can't rely on them to produce and carry a team, better to have a group supporting cast. Example: Pitsburgh Crosby, Malkin, Fleury maybe Staal are players you rely on to carry the team, supporting cast are Letang, Neal, Kunitz players like that.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 10:19 AM
  #158
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 28,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Really hard to predict. But yeah I see what you mean. Grigorenko's offensive potential is higher than Galchenyuk but Gally is more complete player.

I see:

Galchenyuk 60-70 pts per season with Habs (consistantly)
Grigorenko 40-90 pts per season (inconsistant)
Forsberg 60-70 pts per season (consistantly)
Yakupov 70-90 pts per season (consistantly)
Teravainen 40-60 pts per season (inconsistantly)
Murray 30-40 pts per season (consistantly)
Dumba 25-50 pts per season (I don't think he's as good as Subban)
Reilly 40-60 pts per season (question about his defensive play)
Trouba 20-30 pts per season
Faksa 30-40 pts per season

Aside from Yakupov, all these players are supporting players. By that I mean you can't rely on them to produce and carry a team, better to have a group supporting cast. Example: Pitsburgh Crosby, Malkin, Fleury maybe Staal are players you rely on to carry the team, supporting cast are Letang, Neal, Kunitz players like that.
Teravainen's upside is up there with the top guys.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
  #159
Zeroknowledge*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Facing a PC
Posts: 1,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Teravainen's upside is up there with the top guys.
This

And Faksa's upside is definitely more than a 40 point player.

Zeroknowledge* is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
  #160
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,527
vCash: 500
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:28 AM
  #161
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,709
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

Except Teuvo's rise is not based on one tournament, if anything the most impressive achievement was being the lead scorer on Jokerit in the SM-Liiga playoffs. We are talking about a 17 year old leading a team in the third best and probably the most physical league in Europe.

What made Nino overrated was his size, if Teuvo was over 6 feet tall I could only imagine the hype. He might be the most skilled player in the draft.

I don't understand why people keep saying he came out of nowhere, he's been trending upward all year.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
  #162
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 14,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.
18 points (11 goals) against men. He's one of the youngest players in this draft and doesn't even turn 18 until September. Think about that, a 17 year old kid playing against men.

Plus he's stood out against his peers in international tournaments.

I don't know about 3rd overall, but I wouldn't be upset if Timmins thought that highly of him.

If there was a way to trade down with Minnesota and grab Coyle then draft Teravainen, I'd be all for that.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
  #163
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
18 points (11 goals) against men. He's one of the youngest players in this draft and doesn't even turn 18 until September. Think about that, a 17 year old kid playing against men.

Plus he's stood out against his peers in international tournaments.

I don't know about 3rd overall, but I wouldn't be upset if Timmins thought that highly of him.

If there was a way to trade down with Minnesota and grab Coyle then draft Teravainen, I'd be all for that.
this makes much more sense than grabbing him 3rd. He's a good prospect but too much of a gamble (for me) at 3rd overall

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
  #164
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 16,709
vCash: 500
I wouldn't really call him any more of a gamble than Grigorenko, I'm just concerned that with our needs we could use someone more physical in Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

He might be my favourite offensive prospect in this draft, just not necessarily for the Habs.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
  #165
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wouldn't really call him any more of a gamble than Grigorenko, I'm just concerned that with our needs we could use someone more physical in Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

He might be my favourite offensive prospect in this draft, just not necessarily for the Habs.
fully agreed

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
  #166
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I don't know why but he doesn't do anything for me yet. YouTube, articles etc I just can't get excited over him as a #3 pick. Maybe because there's nothing from him for this year and it's hard to get excited by a 16 year old kid unless he's Crosby.
I can think of a half a dozen 16 year old kids that I think would be great to draft in a year or two and guess what ... none of them are named Crosby.

Quit trying to insult our intelligence with such mindless garbage. Our scouts and GM are going to draft who they think is going to be the best fit for the team and all your contrived bs will be for naught.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 11:54 AM
  #167
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I can think of a half a dozen 16 year old kids that I think would be great to draft in a year or two and guess what ... none of them are named Crosby.

Quit trying to insult our intelligence with such mindless garbage. Our scouts and GM are going to draft who they think is going to be the best fit for the team and all your contrived bs will be for naught.
I guess he doesn't want MacKinnon than. He's 16 and not named Crosby

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
  #168
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.
These late bloomers are hard to figure out. Pouliot and Neiderreiter stock raised in their final year. I don't know how good Teravainen will be but at #3 is stretching it.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
  #169
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I can think of a half a dozen 16 year old kids that I think would be great to draft in a year or two and guess what ... none of them are named Crosby.

Quit trying to insult our intelligence with such mindless garbage. Our scouts and GM are going to draft who they think is going to be the best fit for the team and all your contrived bs will be for naught.
Did we forget our anger management pills today. You need to relax and cut back on the coffee there bud.

God forbid anyone has ANYTHING negative to say about the mighty Galchenyuk! How dare I say that it's difficult to assess a player who could be drafted as high as 3rd overall based on his hockey season at 16 years of age and that he hasn't played ANY hockey for a year. I must be out of my mind to say such a thing. We all know he farts kittens and sweats ice cream. How dare anyone question his eternal greatness.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:10 PM
  #170
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 3,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.
If the Habs are trading to acquire an extra pick in the first round,I'd prefer they draft Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg.If they go for defencemen Griffin Rinehart and Cody Ceci would be my preference depending which picks they have.Murray and Dumba if their picks would allow it,the Habs really do need help on offence from the forwards. Getting scoring from the offence relieves the pressure on the defence and changes the team approach to a puck control,quick transition speed game similar to the New Jersey Devils are playing.Not that Galchenyuk and Trouba couldn't accomplish the same things I'd love to see the Habs get another choice in the Top Ten.This years draft will be special no matter but I'd really like them to get Collberg as well.

S Bah is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
  #171
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I guess he doesn't want MacKinnon than. He's 16 and not named Crosby
What's up with you guys. Are you serious? Is Galchenyuk even close to MacKinnon? Really? REALLY??

Maybe if MacKinnon blows out his knee next year and misses the entire year people might question him as well. God forbid anyone does that.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
  #172
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
What's up with you guys. Are you serious? Is Galchenyuk even close to MacKinnon? Really? REALLY??
Yes.

Galchenyuk 201011 Sarnia Sting OHL 68 31 52 83
MacKinnon 201112 Mooseheads QMJHL 58 31 47 78

macavoy is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
  #173
jwolf
Registered User
 
jwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 557
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs are trading to acquire an extra pick in the first round,I'd prefer they draft Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg.If they go for defencemen Griffin Rinehart and Cody Ceci would be my preference depending which picks they have.Murray and Dumba if their picks would allow it,the Habs really do need help on offence from the forwards. Getting scoring from the offence relieves the pressure on the defence and changes the team approach to a puck control,quick transition speed game similar to the New Jersey Devils are playing.Not that Galchenyuk and Trouba couldn't accomplish the same things I'd love to see the Habs get another choice in the Top Ten.This years draft will be special no matter but I'd really like them to get Collberg as well.
If the Habs manage to get another pick late in the 1st, Collberg or someone like Aberg or Hertl might be the ticket. If TT is given another top 10 pick, I think Trouba is his choice. He just seems like a Timmins pick. A good replacement for McDonagh in the system.

jwolf is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
  #174
Halifaxhab
Registered User
 
Halifaxhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
What's up with you guys. Are you serious? Is Galchenyuk even close to MacKinnon? Really? REALLY??

Maybe if MacKinnon blows out his knee next year and misses the entire year people might question him as well. God forbid anyone does that.
to be fair, all of the top 5 this year have some question marks.

But, I would place Galchenyuk and MacKinnon in similar levels at 16, both came in playing complete two-way games with massive offensive upside. Galy's knee "seems" healed, but the Combine is designed to test that theory, and I am certain that any team with a top 5 pick that wants to take a peek at his doctors findings will be allowed to do so. At that point, it all comes down to the scouting dept.

Halifaxhab is offline  
Old
05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
  #175
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Yes.

Galchenyuk 201011 Sarnia Sting OHL 68 31 52 83
MacKinnon 201112 Mooseheads QMJHL 58 31 47 78
I'm sure playing with the leading point getter, Nail Yakopov had nothing to do with it. I suppose Robbie Schremp and S. Kostitsyn are better as well?

shutehinside is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.