HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk 13.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 04:18 AM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Emelin could take him under his wing...less of an age difference and Markov won't be a Hab for too long anyways imo (and is rarely around the team since he's usually nursing injury after injury because of a very fragile body...knock on wood for next season since we need him to make the playoffs, but once in playoffs we'll need real warriors...Ryan UFA Suter anyone?!).

Anyways...Galchenyuk (or Dumba) for me.

Near future:
Tinordi - PK Subban
Beaulieu - Dumba!
Emelin- Gorges
Ellis
I'll give it to you, your ability to creep markov-bashing comments into any and every thread is amazing.

Old
05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Good article

Everytime I read an article on Galchenyuk it makes me want to see him a in Habs jersey more and more!! (same with Dumba!!).

Dream come true (fantasy):
We somehow draft Galchenyuk and Dumba!!
(these fantasy Draft moves by Timmins will be rememberd as the ''Galchumba!!'').
I don't know why but he doesn't do anything for me yet. YouTube, articles etc I just can't get excited over him as a #3 pick. Maybe because there's nothing from him for this year and it's hard to get excited by a 16 year old kid unless he's Crosby.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:14 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStar View Post
I'll give it to you, your ability to creep markov-bashing comments into any and every thread is amazing.
Thanks! (good to know not every Hab fan has put me on his/her ignore list!! ).

About Markov...yes I am looking forward to the no-more-Markov-era to begin!! (time for Subban, Gorges, UFA dman?, Dumba?!, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Emelin, Bennett et compagnie to shine!!). If Markov can help us for the remainder of his contract...good. (but I won't hold my breath even though some here want me to!!).

Go GalCHenyuk Go!! please be a Hab in June!).
Go Dumba Go!! (please somehow be a Hab in June!).

Old
05-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.ushl.com/news.php?news_id=970

Old
05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

vCash: 50
Alexandre Mallet is very intriguing, as an overager. 3rd round?

Old
05-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Alexandre Mallet is very intriguing, as an overager. 3rd round?
He isn't an overager in the Q, but 3rd year eligible if that's what you mean. Yes I would definitely look at taking him in the 3rd. He reminds me of a stockier version of Wayne Simmonds.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:17 AM
rockjngo

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHATaboutLOVE View Post
IF they dont bust, and they develop to their maximum potential:

Gally : point per game, 80 pts. maybe 35 goals 45 assists regulary

Grigorenko: IF he doesnt bust, I see a 90 points player in him. Maybe a little bit more.

Forsberg: Well beetween 70 and 75 points.

Teravainen: Don't know him well.

Note: I'm not saying that Grigorenko is the best and that Forsberg is the worst pick. Just saying what their maximum potential is. (as my pick is Galchenyuk )

Really hard to predict. But yeah I see what you mean. Grigorenko's offensive potential is higher than Galchenyuk but Gally is more complete player.

I see:

Galchenyuk 60-70 pts per season with Habs (consistantly)
Grigorenko 40-90 pts per season (inconsistant)
Forsberg 60-70 pts per season (consistantly)
Yakupov 70-90 pts per season (consistantly)
Teravainen 40-60 pts per season (inconsistantly)
Murray 30-40 pts per season (consistantly)
Dumba 25-50 pts per season (I don't think he's as good as Subban)
Reilly 40-60 pts per season (question about his defensive play)
Trouba 20-30 pts per season
Faksa 30-40 pts per season

Aside from Yakupov, all these players are supporting players. By that I mean you can't rely on them to produce and carry a team, better to have a group supporting cast. Example: Pitsburgh Crosby, Malkin, Fleury maybe Staal are players you rely on to carry the team, supporting cast are Letang, Neal, Kunitz players like that.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Really hard to predict. But yeah I see what you mean. Grigorenko's offensive potential is higher than Galchenyuk but Gally is more complete player.

I see:

Galchenyuk 60-70 pts per season with Habs (consistantly)
Grigorenko 40-90 pts per season (inconsistant)
Forsberg 60-70 pts per season (consistantly)
Yakupov 70-90 pts per season (consistantly)
Teravainen 40-60 pts per season (inconsistantly)
Murray 30-40 pts per season (consistantly)
Dumba 25-50 pts per season (I don't think he's as good as Subban)
Reilly 40-60 pts per season (question about his defensive play)
Trouba 20-30 pts per season
Faksa 30-40 pts per season

Aside from Yakupov, all these players are supporting players. By that I mean you can't rely on them to produce and carry a team, better to have a group supporting cast. Example: Pitsburgh Crosby, Malkin, Fleury maybe Staal are players you rely on to carry the team, supporting cast are Letang, Neal, Kunitz players like that.
Teravainen's upside is up there with the top guys.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Teravainen's upside is up there with the top guys.
This

And Faksa's upside is definitely more than a 40 point player.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Beendair Donedat

Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Teravainen's 18 points don't impress me that much. This bandwagon is eerily similar to the Neiderreiter crew and he's got 3 points in 64 NHL games. Not interested at all as a Habs fan.

Except Teuvo's rise is not based on one tournament, if anything the most impressive achievement was being the lead scorer on Jokerit in the SM-Liiga playoffs. We are talking about a 17 year old leading a team in the third best and probably the most physical league in Europe.

What made Nino overrated was his size, if Teuvo was over 6 feet tall I could only imagine the hype. He might be the most skilled player in the draft.

I don't understand why people keep saying he came out of nowhere, he's been trending upward all year.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:29 AM
le_sean

Quote:

I'd love to pick up Trouba through somehow. Dangle Plekanec to the Ducks for their pick.
18 points (11 goals) against men. He's one of the youngest players in this draft and doesn't even turn 18 until September. Think about that, a 17 year old kid playing against men.

Plus he's stood out against his peers in international tournaments.

I don't know about 3rd overall, but I wouldn't be upset if Timmins thought that highly of him.

If there was a way to trade down with Minnesota and grab Coyle then draft Teravainen, I'd be all for that.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
18 points (11 goals) against men. He's one of the youngest players in this draft and doesn't even turn 18 until September. Think about that, a 17 year old kid playing against men.

Plus he's stood out against his peers in international tournaments.

I don't know about 3rd overall, but I wouldn't be upset if Timmins thought that highly of him.

If there was a way to trade down with Minnesota and grab Coyle then draft Teravainen, I'd be all for that.
this makes much more sense than grabbing him 3rd. He's a good prospect but too much of a gamble (for me) at 3rd overall

Old
05-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Et le But

I wouldn't really call him any more of a gamble than Grigorenko, I'm just concerned that with our needs we could use someone more physical in Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

He might be my favourite offensive prospect in this draft, just not necessarily for the Habs.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I wouldn't really call him any more of a gamble than Grigorenko, I'm just concerned that with our needs we could use someone more physical in Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

He might be my favourite offensive prospect in this draft, just not necessarily for the Habs.
fully agreed

Old
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I don't know why but he doesn't do anything for me yet. YouTube, articles etc I just can't get excited over him as a #3 pick. Maybe because there's nothing from him for this year and it's hard to get excited by a 16 year old kid unless he's Crosby.
I can think of a half a dozen 16 year old kids that I think would be great to draft in a year or two and guess what ... none of them are named Crosby.

Quit trying to insult our intelligence with such mindless garbage. Our scouts and GM are going to draft who they think is going to be the best fit for the team and all your contrived bs will be for naught.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I can think of a half a dozen 16 year old kids that I think would be great to draft in a year or two and guess what ... none of them are named Crosby.

Quit trying to insult our intelligence with such mindless garbage. Our scouts and GM are going to draft who they think is going to be the best fit for the team and all your contrived bs will be for naught.
I guess he doesn't want MacKinnon than. He's 16 and not named Crosby

Old
05-09-2012, 12:00 PM
rockjngo

Quote:

These late bloomers are hard to figure out. Pouliot and Neiderreiter stock raised in their final year. I don't know how good Teravainen will be but at #3 is stretching it.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

Did we forget our anger management pills today. You need to relax and cut back on the coffee there bud.

God forbid anyone has ANYTHING negative to say about the mighty Galchenyuk! How dare I say that it's difficult to assess a player who could be drafted as high as 3rd overall based on his hockey season at 16 years of age and that he hasn't played ANY hockey for a year. I must be out of my mind to say such a thing. We all know he farts kittens and sweats ice cream. How dare anyone question his eternal greatness.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:10 PM
S Bah

Quote:

If the Habs are trading to acquire an extra pick in the first round,I'd prefer they draft Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg.If they go for defencemen Griffin Rinehart and Cody Ceci would be my preference depending which picks they have.Murray and Dumba if their picks would allow it,the Habs really do need help on offence from the forwards. Getting scoring from the offence relieves the pressure on the defence and changes the team approach to a puck control,quick transition speed game similar to the New Jersey Devils are playing.Not that Galchenyuk and Trouba couldn't accomplish the same things I'd love to see the Habs get another choice in the Top Ten.This years draft will be special no matter but I'd really like them to get Collberg as well.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
I guess he doesn't want MacKinnon than. He's 16 and not named Crosby
What's up with you guys. Are you serious? Is Galchenyuk even close to MacKinnon? Really? REALLY??

Maybe if MacKinnon blows out his knee next year and misses the entire year people might question him as well. God forbid anyone does that.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:23 PM
macavoy

Quote:
What's up with you guys. Are you serious? Is Galchenyuk even close to MacKinnon? Really? REALLY??
Yes.

Galchenyuk 201011 Sarnia Sting OHL 68 31 52 83
MacKinnon 201112 Mooseheads QMJHL 58 31 47 78

Old
05-09-2012, 12:28 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If the Habs are trading to acquire an extra pick in the first round,I'd prefer they draft Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg.If they go for defencemen Griffin Rinehart and Cody Ceci would be my preference depending which picks they have.Murray and Dumba if their picks would allow it,the Habs really do need help on offence from the forwards. Getting scoring from the offence relieves the pressure on the defence and changes the team approach to a puck control,quick transition speed game similar to the New Jersey Devils are playing.Not that Galchenyuk and Trouba couldn't accomplish the same things I'd love to see the Habs get another choice in the Top Ten.This years draft will be special no matter but I'd really like them to get Collberg as well.
If the Habs manage to get another pick late in the 1st, Collberg or someone like Aberg or Hertl might be the ticket. If TT is given another top 10 pick, I think Trouba is his choice. He just seems like a Timmins pick. A good replacement for McDonagh in the system.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:

Maybe if MacKinnon blows out his knee next year and misses the entire year people might question him as well. God forbid anyone does that.
to be fair, all of the top 5 this year have some question marks.

But, I would place Galchenyuk and MacKinnon in similar levels at 16, both came in playing complete two-way games with massive offensive upside. Galy's knee "seems" healed, but the Combine is designed to test that theory, and I am certain that any team with a top 5 pick that wants to take a peek at his doctors findings will be allowed to do so. At that point, it all comes down to the scouting dept.

Old
05-09-2012, 12:51 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Yes.

Galchenyuk 201011 Sarnia Sting OHL 68 31 52 83
MacKinnon 201112 Mooseheads QMJHL 58 31 47 78
I'm sure playing with the leading point getter, Nail Yakopov had nothing to do with it. I suppose Robbie Schremp and S. Kostitsyn are better as well?

Closed Thread