HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next game: @ Oakland | Tue May 8 @ 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET | R. Romero vs J. Parker

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 09:48 AM
ryno23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
So tell me when are we supposed to compete. You realize that every single season we're told it's not our time yet, Jays weren't supposed to compete, or my favourite it's still a 3-4 year rebuild. Sorry but the excuses are gone, at some point this team this ownership has to step up to the plate and get this team or allow them to take the next step. We've been rebuilding this freakin team for 20 damn years don't tell me this wasn't the year to compete. If people can praise the crap out our farm system then we can surely can call a spade a spade about our bullpen and our lack of hitting. Wouldn't surprised if you worked for Rogers cause you are running with the company line.
Amen brother !!! Testify!!!

So I wonder what the AA/Rogers koolaid drinkers see as the year they compete.

So what happens next year who is coming up from the vaunted minors to replace Lind/Thames/Rasmus?? Is Gose that much better than those guys???

Hype is being fed to fans with a big spoonful and again 20 years of trying to say wait for these prospects to come in and we will be good.

When did the Jays bring up their last impact position player drafted by this team? Delgado?? Green?? I don't see any blue chip star potential players coming up to impact the hitting lineup.

Yeah there is some depth in pitching but you gotta now make those deals and take on salary for big bats...........but Rogers is too cheap to do that.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:59 AM
captn

Quote:
This is to AA and Rogers, this is why being cheap and buying low at the 2 for 1 bin on the free agent market on relievers is going to cost us a playoff spot. Sick of this second rate B.S
This is a horrible argument? Who were the Jays going to sign? Ryan Madson? Oops, out for the season.

I'm sure your next argument would be that the Jays should have outbid Philly for Papelbon. Of course, you'll conviently forgot that Madson was #2 on the free agent closer list.

You're complaining that the Jays traded for a younger pitcher with comparable stats to Papelbon last year?

Old
05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by captn View Post
This is a horrible argument? Who were the Jays going to sign? Ryan Madson? Oops, out for the season.

I'm sure your next argument would be that the Jays should have outbid Philly for Papelbon. Of course, you'll conviently forgot that Madson was #2 on the free agent closer list.

You're complaining that the Jays traded for a younger pitcher with comparable stats to Papelbon last year?
Joe Nathan?

Old
05-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Oh look, the Rogers is cheap stuff is back. You guys are funny.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:46 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
It's not that Rogers is cheap but they're very reluctant to take a big plunge. Their team salary this year is 83 mil and really closer to 77 when you consider they're paying Teahan 5.5 mil this year.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
It's not that Rogers is cheap but they're very reluctant to take a big plunge. Their team salary this year is 83 mil and really closer to 77 when you consider they're paying Teahan 5.5 mil this year.
Consider the fact that not only does Rogers make money off this team, they've made millions of dollars off the new merchandise. I can't go 2-3 blocks in my area without seeing someone wearing either a new Jays cap or a new jersey/shirt. But hey we have that suffocating 80 million dollar payroll to deal with. Rogers is one of the richest owners in baseball, but you wouldn't know it from the way they operate this team behind closed doors.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Suntouchable13

Relax, this team is 16-14 right there in the mix without truly significant contributions by the 3 and 4 hitters in the lineup. I don't think that anybody could have really predicted Cordero struggling this bad either. I know I sure couldn't have. Coming into the season, I thought the Jays had a great luxury having both Santos and Cordero. On paper, it seemed like a huge upgrade from Rauch and Francisco. This long baseball season is a very long ride of up and down emotions.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by captn View Post

whether it's the bullpen or making moves to the line-up, this team is consistently handcuffed by Rogers. We're made to think that it's all because of this grand scheme of rebuilding but did you listen to AA and Beeston back pedal during the winter. One year it's "we can spend up to 120 million dollars the money is there" the next it's "there's no specific number" They opened their mouths too soon and fed us garbage and they back tracked.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
whether it's the bullpen or making moves to the line-up, this team is consistently handcuffed by Rogers. We're made to think that it's all because of this grand scheme of rebuilding but did you listen to AA and Beeston back pedal during the winter. One year it's "we can spend up to 120 million dollars the money is there" the next it's "there's no specific number" They opened their mouths too soon and fed us garbage and they back tracked.
Last night they handed the ball in the 9th inning to a guy that has 329 career saves, not some scrub. He does look like a scrub now, but when they signed him I don't think they could have known that he would struggle this badly.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Looks like it was a good thing I was away for this weekend.

Sky is falling again huh?

Old
05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
ryno23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
I don't understand how you can defend Rogers on this. Its pretty plain and simple to see.

You can't tell me the Jays had to go into the season with Adam Lind as their 1B, Eric Thames as their LF and whatever guy they plugged as the #5 guy.

Now you say stay away from the FA market then ok make a deal with your vaunted farm system and go bring a guy or 2 in making over $10 million

Why not make a deal say (hypothetical) in the winter for Wandy Rodriguez and Carlos Lee for prospects. The Astros are rebuilding and would love to have some pitching from the Jays or Hech.

Wait that would mean the Rogers would have to add payroll.

The time is now for AA to make a move to take this team to the next level. No way Lind should be in this lineup and we should have a veteran #5 starter to allow the kids to develop at AA or AAA.

Closed Thread