HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Kostitsyn brother do you miss more?

View Poll Results: Which Kostitsyn would you want back?
Sergei 99 43.61%
Andrei 128 56.39%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
habitue*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Well, AK and Radulov were morons and certainly didn't help. Dumb move on the part of both guys.
THIS + a guy named Smith in the Phoenix goal.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 09:57 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I'm going to guess he can get so much more than that from the KHL that we will still have to do a little bit better. But we desperately need help on the wings, and the supply out there isn't that great. If we could get him back for $2M per, I'd take him.
same

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
same
Stop daydreaming. You won't get him for 2 million.

And I dunno how many of his former Habs' team mates want him back with the club....

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:11 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Stop daydreaming. You won't get him for 2 million.

And I dunno how many of his former Habs' team mates want him back with the club....
I wouldn't really call it a "daydream"... I'm not so disappointed in AK that I wouldn't take him back at all. But I'm also not so keen to have him back that I'd bother trying to outbid anybody who is keen. I'm expecting there won't be a lot of keen teams after this playoff incident. But who knows... demand is likely to be higher than supply in this UFA market (unless the CBA status cools things dramatically).

So I'm not daydreaming... I'm saying something more like: in the off chance nobody out there really wants AK badly enough to offer him a better deal than that (including the KHL, if he's interested in that path), then sure, I'd take him back at that price. With a "shrug" attached.

But yeah, I also have no real insight into how he fit into the room and so on, so I'd be perfectly willing to totally change my view in either direction with that additional insight. If players loved or hated him, it would make a big difference. Since I'll never know that, however, and instead just be reduced to armchair mode based on his play on the ice, I'll stick with my $2M "shrug" offer.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:46 AM
gillyguzzler

Have the details about the "late night drunken escapade" come out yet? I know they broke curfew and alcohol was involved the night before a 5 PM game. I know Radulov played like crap but AK played pretty well and scored. Did AK ever comment publically about what happened? Sorry if it has already been posted.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 12:38 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Have the details about the "late night drunken escapade" come out yet? I know they broke curfew and alcohol was involved the night before a 5 PM game. I know Radulov played like crap but AK played pretty well and scored. Did AK ever comment publically about what happened? Sorry if it has already been posted.
Rads did but AK never spoke.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote