Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

Top teams in 2012-13

Old
05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
chsb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
What do you mean they didn't contend last year? I remember they loaded up finished in the top6 and choked... This year was they're "rebuilding" altho that wasn't a rebuild.

Think what you want but you're the only person who thinks they're capable of being a contender (big surprise)... I see them maybe having home ice for the playoffs next year,
Last season they had a team as young as Halifax, so I don't know how you can say they were not rebuilding.

Their chances next season will depend on the return of O'Brien and Bissonnette or not.
If they are back, the Titan will be among the leaders.
Don't for get that Lalancette could very well be a 75-80 points player next season and you add him to O'Brien and Bissonnette and what is missing offensively is suddenly not a whole lot.

chsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 12:39 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsb View Post
Last season they had a team as young as Halifax, so I don't know how you can say they were not rebuilding.

Their chances next season will depend on the return of O'Brien and Bissonnette or not.
If they are back, the Titan will be among the leaders.
Don't for get that Lalancette could very well be a 75-80 points player next season and you add him to O'Brien and Bissonnette and what is missing offensively is suddenly not a whole lot.

Define "leaders". Leaders seem like Quebec, BBA, Hali... And Bathurst isn't in that group.

If Zbri and Biz are both back, and they make a big move to add scoring depth, they could be placed in that "top 5-6" group... Could beat out Moncton for #2 in the Atlantic

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:26 AM
CH4

Quote:
Define "leaders". Leaders seem like Quebec, BBA, Hali... And Bathurst isn't in that group.

If Zbri and Biz are both back, and they make a big move to add scoring depth, they could be placed in that "top 5-6" group... Could beat out Moncton for #2 in the Atlantic
he reffered to your post as mid level contenders, which included Baie-Comeau, gatineau and moncton. You can add to this group Chicoutimi, bathurst, Val d'or and a couple of other teams.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 08:34 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
he reffered to your post as mid level contenders, which included Baie-Comeau, gatineau and moncton. You can add to this group Chicoutimi, bathurst, Val d'or and a couple of other teams.
Well I don't see Chic doing much and I don't see it in Bathurst. And what do you mean a couple other teams? Lol, we can't have more than half the league labelled as contenders you know.

Contender = team that is built now to win, or will make adjustments to do so, and so far theres Hali BB Quebec, and to a lesser extent Gat, Moncton and BC... Not 9+ teams

Old
05-08-2012, 12:24 PM
chsb

Quote:
Well I don't see Chic doing much and I don't see it in Bathurst. And what do you mean a couple other teams? Lol, we can't have more than half the league labelled as contenders you know.

Contender = team that is built now to win, or will make adjustments to do so, and so far theres Hali BB Quebec, and to a lesser extent Gat, Moncton and BC... Not 9+ teams
I don't know how you can rubber stanp Gat,Moncton and BC into mid level potential contenders and totally bypass the Titan.
I fail to see for instance where Moncton will be better than Bathurst next season.
Our rookies have more upside and we have a more solid core.

The only thing they are really banking on is what will come back in the Gormley trade and that is highly argueable.

As we stand now, we are a better team than Moncton and I would not hesitate to tell that LGM will indeed make some moves to get better.

So it is rather premature on your part I would say to dismiss the Titan.

But who am I to contradict you?

I am simply a 14 years fan who saw a lot of water flow under this bridge.

Old
05-08-2012, 03:57 PM
CH4

Quote:

Gatineau and BC are nowhere close to being in advance from Chicoutimi nor bathurst as we speak. Chicoutimi and bathurst right now will have an elite offense and are miles ahead of BC and Gatineau for offense

you have 3 contenders: Quebec, halifax and BB.

then you have 6-8 teams that could contend depends of what acquisitions they do till the end of the year BC Moncton Gatineau Chicoutimi Bathurst Val D'or Rouyn Victo all have very good pieces and are equal right now. It all depends of their moves.

Old
05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

So out of the big 3 who's in the best shape ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 05:30 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Biased answer: Halifax

Old
05-08-2012, 06:46 PM
chsb

Quote:
Gatineau and BC are nowhere close to being in advance from Chicoutimi nor bathurst as we speak. Chicoutimi and bathurst right now will have an elite offense and are miles ahead of BC and Gatineau for offense

you have 3 contenders: Quebec, halifax and BB.

then you have 6-8 teams that could contend depends of what acquisitions they do till the end of the year BC Moncton Gatineau Chicoutimi Bathurst Val D'or Rouyn Victo all have very good pieces and are equal right now. It all depends of their moves.
I expect the Titan to hit big at the draft like they often do.
Indeed they got no appetite for high Euros and spend their assets trading their Euro pick and getting players at the draft.
We saw that in 2005 when they traded their Euro pick for Labelle and OA Peter Pohl.

2005-08-02 Acadie-Bathurst Gatineau Rd_1, Euro 2005 (Bat)
Gatineau Acadie-Bathurst Labelle, Olivier (1985-07-15)
Pohl, Petr (1986-08-28)
Ranger, Nicolas (1985-01-13)
Rd_1, Euro 2005
Rd_3, 2005
Rd_1, 2005
Acadie-Bathurst Gatineau Rd_1, 2005
Rd_4, 2006

LGM is now back as GM and will want to bolster his team because he needs to have a contender this season.
Also he happens to have a very good core of young players.

Old
05-08-2012, 07:32 PM
rocketfan

duffy to bathurst imagine duffy obrien and biss as your overagers thats just plain scary

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
duffy to bathurst imagine duffy obrien and biss as your overagers thats just plain scary
Not enough to win.

Old
05-08-2012, 10:37 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
I could actually see that happening, as LGM would be stupid enough to do that. A lot of assets would need to go PEI's way, and it would love Bathurst with a one lind team...

So I say pull the trigger

Old
05-09-2012, 08:27 AM
chsb

Quote:
I could actually see that happening, as LGM would be stupid enough to do that. A lot of assets would need to go PEI's way, and it would love Bathurst with a one lind team...

So I say pull the trigger
Funny how you blatantly forget to mention Lalancette along the way.....who will be an 80 points centerman next season.

The Titan could also go after a lot of other players instead of Duffy and end up with a very good team.

As I said, I have been following my team for the last 14 years, and I can see that you don't know what LGM can do.

That being said, Your certainty about Halifax's status is very interesting to read.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
CH4

Quote:
to me; Quebec and Halifax are neck to neck, but they both have the same hole (defense) I'll give an edge to Quebec especially if Gillies shows up because they have much more bargaining power (Brassard) to acquire solid defense who's price will be very inflated given then number of teams that needs to solidify that position.

if the season starts tomorrow without trade I say Armada has the most balanced team with the best def, the best goalie, and lack a little offense. But they have less potential then the other two once they'll have filled their holes.

Quote:
They need more a overaged defensman to lead all the youngster there IMO.

price for defs will be scary. Halifax, Quebec, Moncton, Bathurst etc.. will all be actively looking for defs.

Gatineau did well by asking the sags Bourret & Poulin as compensation for Pageau.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:42 AM
chsb

Quote:
to me; Quebec and Halifax are neck to neck, but they both have the same hole (defense) I'll give an edge to Quebec especially if Gillies shows up because they have much more bargaining power (Brassard) to acquire solid defense who's price will be very inflated given then number of teams that needs to solidify that position.

if the season starts tomorrow without trade I say Armada has the most balanced team with the best def, the best goalie, and lack a little offense. But they have less potential then the other two once they'll have filled their holes.

They need more a overaged defensman to lead all the youngster there IMO.

price for defs will be scary. Halifax, Quebec, Moncton, Bathurst etc.. will all be actively looking for defs.

Gatineau did well by asking the sags Bourret & Poulin as compensation for Pageau.
Bathurst defense next season:
Murray(20)
Girard(19)
Godin(19) if not drafted by Sherbrooke
Fraser(18)
Houle(19)
Robert(18)
Gosselin(17)

I think the Titan will be OK and I would wait till Christmas to see how they fare before doing any move for a veteran.

I would dare say that Girard had a very good season in Bathurst.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Bathurst defense next season:
Murray(20)
Girard(19)
Godin(19) if not drafted by Sherbrooke
Fraser(18)
Houle(19)
Robert(18)
Gosselin(17)

I think the Titan will be OK and I would wait till Christmas to see how they fare before doing any move for a veteran.

I would dare say that Girard had a very good season in Bathurst.
That's a decent top-4 but it's definitely lacking a true #1.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
this. You definately need a quaterback.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:54 AM
chsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Well we got no true #1 as you say, but last season we had Trudeau plaing the PP point and he did really well.
Maybe we can arrange something with Lalancette this time around.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:43 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Okay, so Blianville have the best chance right now, but lack a big time foward like a Mackinnon ?

Do so armada go get top euro, and then add 1D, and then QC and Halifax add 2d... Armada still better ?

Old
05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
That being said, Your certainty about Halifax's status is very interesting to read.
Same with you, Mr. "Halifax will finish 6th this year"... And same with you and your stance and Bathurst...

And LGM is neck and neck with Serge for worst Gm/owner, but I guess he could make some good moves :/

Old
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Funny how you blatantly forget to mention Lalancette along the way.....who will be an 80 points centerman next season.
Funny how you blatantly chalk Lalancette up for 80 points

Old
05-09-2012, 12:27 PM
CH4

Quote:
Okay, so Blianville have the best chance right now, but lack a big time foward like a Mackinnon ?

Do so armada go get top euro, and then add 1D, and then QC and Halifax add 2d... Armada still better ?
tough to say.

Armada add two top offensive euro that produces now and another top foward, they'll be hard to stop. One of the best goalie in the ligue (Marcoux) along with the best defenseman(Ouellet). All they lack is offensive punch.

Halifax adds 2 overagers def ala Mathieu Gagnon and say Mathieu Brisebois it makes them automatically the team to beat. I'd be worried of the 17 yo Zach fucale though. 2nd years often go slumping.

Quebec if gillies doesn't come they'll need to buy free american defs because they have nothing left to pay aside brassard.

now I say 1-Armada
2-Halifax
3-Quebec

Old
05-09-2012, 12:29 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Same with you, Mr. "Halifax will finish 6th this year"... And same with you and your stance and Bathurst...

And LGM is neck and neck with Serge for worst Gm/owner, but I guess he could make some good moves :/
Lol actually ? Bathrust do well during the reg season...

Old
05-09-2012, 02:20 PM

What I like about the Armada is the fact that most of their players will come back. If you add Steve Lebel (compensation from CHI) and two euro players to the 16 guys they will protect from Sherbrooke, that lineup is pretty darn solid and already has a lot of chemistry and experience.

They do need to add some firepower up front, but who knows how guys like Clapperton, Roy, Matteau, Paquette and Hodhod will developp. 95% of the lineup improve drastically over the season this year. Let's see if Houle and his staff can work the same magic this year. Tanguy, Lebel, Laflamme and whatever euros they can bring... that's a lot of great forwards and not many questions marks (unlike Quebec with Grigorenko's NHL hopes, Sorensen's injury and all the players they MIGHT attract this summer).

Even though we may lack a MacKinnon, Drouin or Grigorenko, our top-9 up front, backed up by offensive Ds like Ouellet, Micallef and Bérubé should be able to produce quite a lot of points.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:41 PM
rocketfan

just a quick question who are the armada 20s for next year you need firepower we have Duffy would he fit there?

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote