HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Who's at fault for this year's debacle ?

View Poll Results: Who's at fault for this year's debacle ?
Poile 7 50.00%
Scouting 3 21.43%
Trotz 10 71.43%
Ownership 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Who's at fault for this year's debacle ?

Trotz, Poile, Ownership, Scouting ?

Personally, I think the scouting department did their job, Poile did as well (Gaustad, Gill (sure he got his foot banged up, Radulov, Andrei) ... yet we still bowed out earlier than most pundits had us going (WCSF) ... seriously ... something really needs to be changed ... If it's Trotz, so be it ... might as well do it now, because this team is for damn sure going to look different in the fall than what it does right now

We'll probably be losing Suter, AK46, Rudi, Gill, Tootoo & Gaustad
We'll probably be replacing from within (Blum, Ekholm, and any myriad of forwards from the farm)

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
VFL615*

None of the above. Players did not get it done when it really counted and bounces did not go are way.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:00 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
None of the above. Players did not get it done when it really counted and bounces did not go are way.
This

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Finishing #7 in the league is NOT a debacle.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Finishing #7 in the league is NOT a debacle.
okay, it was definitely regressing, compared to last season, would you not agree with that ? ... we took the WC Champions to 6 games at least ... I don't foresee the Coyotes being a better team than last year's Canucks, so what the **** gives ?

Old
05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Shea Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
okay, it was definitely regressing, compared to last season, would you not agree with that ? ... we took the WC Champions to 6 games at least ... I don't foresee the Coyotes being a better team than last year's Canucks, so what the **** gives ?
Game 1 was deflating. Completely dominate them and they get the lucky bounce and OT goal.

We all know what happened in game 2, etc.

I think if we played that series 10 times the Preds win 9 of them (not that it matters)

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
We lost in the same round. We beat Detroit for the first time, regular season and playoffs. I'd say even, no movement either way.

Regardless, we lost because our players missed their chances to score. I'm looking at you Hornqvist.

Old
05-09-2012, 02:19 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm still not unhappy with the season. We finished ahead of Detroit for the first time in our history and beat them in the playoffs for the first time in our history and did it in 5 games.

We're still growing as a franchise and learing what it takes to move on.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

The only debacle I've seen were these boards in October and November.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
token grinder

Where is the option of "players not hitting the broad side of the barn in the 2nd round of the playoffs while we did vs the wings who were a cup contender all year and everyone thought this team would go far because we outplayed that team and now because of a bad 5 game stretch for the offense the fanbase is now looking for witches to burn?"

and yes, intended to be one long sentence option to be said in one breath

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
lstcyr

I haven't checked but are the Red Wings board going crazy because of their awful season? After all, they lost to us in the playoffs and, based on the above, we're pretty bad.

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:55 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Players just didn't make it happen. I don't think you guys should be looking for blood. Maybe a few guys need to get traded for other pieces but that's really it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's only a debacle if this offseason plays out like it could. You don't get many kicks at the can, and this group appeared to be a pretty special one.

If Suter, Weber, Radulov, Kostitsyn all leave..there's no free agent band-aid that can make up for that. You're looking at a markedly different team that's going to have a tough time matching this level of "success." I just worry that the stars were aligned in a way they may not be for a long time. It's not like we're the Flyers, who are disappointed, but have their entire core locked up for the foreseeable future.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I haven't checked but are the Red Wings board going crazy because of their awful season? After all, they lost to us in the playoffs and, based on the above, we're pretty bad.
no, because they're in a position to add this summer. They're talking about adding guys like Suter and Parise...not trying to figure out how they're going to make up for the loss of Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

In a lot of ordinary circumstances, this isn't such a crippling loss...but we might have missed a very rare opportunity.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:34 PM
RaiderDoug

Where is Mike Smith as a poll choice?

We got beat by a hot goalie, it happens. We didn't play great, and all parties need a little blame there, especially the players who disappeared in crunch time, Trotz for never figuring out how to crack the Phoenix defense.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
AEM6729

Why isn't "Mike Smith" a choice? That would be my vote!

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:39 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Where is Mike Smith as a poll choice?

We got beat by a hot goalie, it happens. We didn't play great, and all parties need a little blame there, especially the players who disappeared in crunch time, Trotz for never figuring out how to crack the Phoenix defense.

Haha, I saw this after my post. Truth.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
The only debacle I've seen were these boards in October and November.
I'm tempted to start including May in that list at this rate. This is beginning to remind me of the witchhunts up here around the Nat.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 04:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
NO I would not.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:07 PM
jlsg

Far from a debacle, nobody at fault for playing a goalie that's on fire. Let's also keep in mind the 2 teams that seemed to have our number this year was Phoenix and LA.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Far from a debacle, nobody at fault for playing a goalie that's on fire. Let's also keep in mind the 2 teams that seemed to have our number this year was Phoenix and LA.
I agree that the Los Angeles kings are better than the Preds, I wholeheartedly disagree that the coyotes are, sorry not buying what you're selling

Old
05-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Geez, some people have taken in so much Trotz-punch, they literally can't speak in anything other than excuses.

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Geez, some people have taken in so much Trotz-punch, they literally can't speak in anything other than excuses.
We are really witnessing a huge split in our fanbase right now. Half of us are fine with being consistently in the playoffs and having a shot at the cup every year, albeit an outside one. The other half are demanding change, which could bring us to the next level or crush us into a total rebuild.

Just because I think what we are doing now has us on the right path to the cup doesn't mean i "can't speak in anything other than excuses". It just means I understand that Trotz gives us a better shot at being competitive than any other available coach.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I agree that the Los Angeles kings are better than the Preds, I wholeheartedly disagree that the coyotes are, sorry not buying what you're selling
The Yotes and Preds are vere equally matched teams. Two wins apiece in the regular season (Yotes with more points). Three goals each in the last three playoff games. Both defensively oriented with solid goaltending as the basis. The proclamations that we are so much better from the Yotes are an indicator to me of minimal attention paid to the Yotes during the season.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:07 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Those blaming Trotz, think about the position this roster is likely to be in next season. Likely significant turnover. I can't think of an experienced coach on the sidelines right now that I would trust to forge a new nucleus. If you are on the Blame TROTZ bandwagon, who do you put in his place? And yes, I do think it is legit to pose the question that way...

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote