HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How big are the Rangers in NY?

Old
05-09-2012, 07:24 PM
30theking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by folding View Post
Mostly everyone in Philly gets behind the Eagles. But every year, usually around January when the Eagles either don't make the playoffs or lose an early playoff game, Eagles fans get really angry. Beyond really angry. Threatening. Crazy. So for a good 4-5 months, the hatred for the Eagles takes over, and it's really tense. Then all of a sudden once the team starts training camp everyone pines for them again, as if nothing happened. It's like a sick abusive relationship. I am one of the only Eagles fans that I know that stays even keel with them throughout the year. It's rare.
yes theres quite a history with eagles fans. It goes back a long way. If you watch the movie invincible youll see that. Can be very brutal on their team. They love booing their own players. Even their all time greats like donovan mcnabb.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:31 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
yes theres quite a history with eagles fans. It goes back a long way. If you watch the movie invincible youll see that. Can be very brutal on their team. They love booing their own players. Even their all time greats like donovan mcnabb.
Yep. It's really sick. Being from NY I was always an Eagles fan "from afar". I had absolutely no idea how much crazier it was until I moved to Philly. It's almost painful to be a part of. I thank my lucky stars I'm not from here because I am obsessive enough as it is with sports - I can't even imagine. I love football and love love love the Eagles, but I am the first to admit: Eagles fans need valium and a reality check.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:38 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
All those Cups? They've won 2 dude..and nothing since 75. But I get what you're saying about the "Broad Street Bullies" era.
Sorry, yes indeed - 2 Cups since they came into the league in '67, but they've been to the SC Finals like another 6x. That's what I meant. Winning tradition is likely why they're so popular.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:46 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenparty View Post
Sorry, yes indeed - 2 Cups since they came into the league in '67, but they've been to the SC Finals like another 6x. That's what I meant. Winning tradition is likely why they're so popular.
Haha...gotcha. Didn't mean that in a dick way..you just confused me.

Last edited by TonyTheGr8: 05-09-2012 at 07:55 PM.
TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:25 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30theking View Post
New York is a baseaball town first and foremost. When you have the team with the most championships in baseball and the longest history of new york sports, including the most iconic players then baseball is pretty much your number one sport. Plus i think yankee fans outnumber fans of any other new york team.
Well yeah, Yankees are a global brand and have a solid century of winning under their belts. But there was a time when the Yankees stunk and the Knicks were bigger, there was even a time when the Mets were bigger (although shortlived). The bottom line is NYC loves a winner, and if a NYC team (any team, even the Rangers) can put together a dynasty over many years, they can easily become the #1 sport if the other sports are faltering.

9/22/1966, 413 Paid Attendance

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:48 PM
30theking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Well yeah, Yankees are a global brand and have a solid century of winning under their belts. But there was a time when the Yankees stunk and the Knicks were bigger, there was even a time when the Mets were bigger (although shortlived). The bottom line is NYC loves a winner, and if a NYC team (any team, even the Rangers) can put together a dynasty over many years, they can easily become the #1 sport if the other sports are faltering.

9/22/1966, 413 Paid Attendance
oh i know that im just saying for the most part they have been good. the times when the yankees were pretty bad were late 60's early 70's and mid 80s to early nineties.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote