HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): 2012 Regular Season (Finding New Ways to Lose Part 1)

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
kendrick is terrible, I just said he has been decent. but he is terrible, dont know why he is in the mlb.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:11 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
kendrick is terrible, I just said he has been decent. but he is terrible, dont know why he is in the mlb.
He's not a 7th inning guy at all.

We need some serious bullpen help. This is bad.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
05-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
He's not a 7th inning guy at all.

We need some serious bullpen help. This is bad.
he is a long reliever at best. he has no swing and miss stuff to be in the bullpen.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:29 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
he is a long reliever at best. he has no swing and miss stuff to be in the bullpen.
Indeed.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Trade or minor league call ups coming tonight/tomorrow for the bullpen. They can't continue like this. The offense will get a little better and that's all they need with this starting pitching. However, this bullpen cannot continue. They can barely get an out.

Old
05-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Blow it up, Im dead serious. They better make a few moves for their bullpen or blow this entire thing up.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
What have I missed since I left?

05-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Justified
Amaro out

kyle kendrick not being able to get anybody out.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
kyle kendrick not being able to get anybody out.
Hmm. I'm not anything close to a baseball expert, but that strikes me as being a bad thing.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:14 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Trade or minor league call ups coming tonight/tomorrow for the bullpen. They can't continue like this. The offense will get a little better and that's all they need with this starting pitching. However, this bullpen cannot continue. They can barely get an out.

Like who?

Quote:
Blow it up, Im dead serious. They better make a few moves for their bullpen or blow this entire thing up.
Yeah -- I don't see this happening. They won't blow it up and they don't have much trade bait.. They need to stop giving up so much of their prospects, even though they haven't given up much.

Qualls is turning into a big mistake.
Savery, Sanches, Schwimmer aren't ready right now.
Jose just doesn't have it.
Kendrick is a long man and nothing more.
Stutes, I hope can come back and pitch well.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
I wouldn't be against it. What are the other options? I'm sure they'll wait since Utley and Howard are (supposedly) starting baseball activities. But they'd have to move Doc and Cliff....I'd build around Hamels, Brown, Galvis, and Pence tbh.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Savery optioned to AAA apparently and Manuel had a meeting after the game.

@ryanlawrence21
Charlie called a meeting after the game. He's still pretty upset after watching that game. As angry as I've seen him in five years.

Old
05-09-2012, 09:56 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
I wouldn't be against it. What are the other options? I'm sure they'll wait since Utley and Howard are (supposedly) starting baseball activities. But they'd have to move Doc and Cliff....I'd build around Hamels, Brown, Galvis, and Pence tbh.
so youd build a team around 2 guys that cant hit above .200 at the major league level. Brilliant.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:00 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
so youd build a team around 2 guys that cant hit above .200 at the major league level. Brilliant.
Galvis is batting over .200 right now. First season in the majors, and he's not fully ready on the offensive side of the ball yet. Relax.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:08 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

Quote:
Galvis is batting over .200 right now. First season in the majors, and he's not fully ready on the offensive side of the ball yet. Relax.
^ This guy gets it.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Here's how I look at it. As you said they wont doing anything until Howard and Utley are back, and Charlie wont be fired until they are struggling with those two in the lineup.

Pence- I would try to trade him.

JRoll- not sure anybody would want his contract, but if they could move if I be in favor of it.

Victorino- a contending team could give you something good for him even though he will be a UFA in the off season.

Chooch- Id keep him.

Polanco- he is gone after this season.

JMJ- Keep him around, I still have faith

Galvis- obviously keep him.

Brown- keep him and let him play, he cant be any worse in the field then Pence.

Howard- We are stuck with him.

Utley- If can come back and show he can still hit I think a team might take him since his contract is up after 2013.

Hamels- try to resign him.

Doc/Lee- depending if they can resign Hamels is should determine if they move. A rotation of Cole/Worley is easily good enough to compete for a World Series.

Having mentioned all of this, i would not RAJ being the man rebuilding. I dont think they will go in this direction because the majority of the fans in this town would never allow this to happen. I wouldnt mind watching bad baseball if I knew it had the potential of being good in future, but lets face it. This team is one of the oldest teams and they arent going to win anything imo.

Quote:

He's had what, 100 PA appearances so far? He is 22 years old and not every player hits right away, hell Utley wasnt a great hitter when he came up. Galvis gives you great defense.

As far Brown goes, he was hitting last year in July when HP3 was sent here and he went to AAA. In July he had a line of .296/.366/.398 and for the year last year his line was .245/.391/.333. On this team that would be pretty good. He apparently isnt in AAA for his hitting, it is to get him more accustomed to fielding, which he is very awkward at right now.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Justified
Amaro out

interesting, not that I trust Amaro to dismantle some of this team.

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-ph...edium=referral

Old
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Quote:
interesting, not that I trust Amaro to dismantle some of this team.

http://www.csnphilly.com/baseball-ph...edium=referral
I've been of this opinion since spring training when I saw the roster and predicted imminent doom. Amaro has to take emotion out of the situation and do what's best for the franchise moving forward. It's better to do something a year early than a year late, and that something is to blow up this aging core and restock the farm system. Honestly, if this team is still sputtering at the trade deadline, I'd seriously look into trading Doc AND Lee (I still want Cole re-signed, but if that doesn't appear to be in the cards, I'd trade him too), as well as Pence, Victorino... seriously, whoever still has value and can fetch us something worthwhile in a trade.

It's over, people. This geriatric team is getting left in the dust by the rest of the division, and it's only going to get worse if Amaro and co. just stay the course.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Galvis has never been known for his hitting. He isnt just going to pick it up in the majors. Brown is hit and miss. He is hitting .245 right now in AAA. Im sorry, but those are two guys you do not build a team around.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Galvis has never been known for his hitting. He isnt just going to pick it up in the majors. Brown is hit and miss. He is hitting .245 right now in AAA. Im sorry, but those are two guys you do not build a team around.
Galvis hit .298 last year in AAA, he is just over matched this year. I dont think he will be a .300 hitter, but being a .260 hitter with the defense he provides would be great.

As far as Brown goes, he is not hitting well right now. But he is hitting .284 at AAA for his career.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
dawkins121

Quote:
Like who?

Yeah -- I don't see this happening. They won't blow it up and they don't have much trade bait.. They need to stop giving up so much of their prospects, even though they haven't given up much.

Qualls is turning into a big mistake.
Savery, Sanches, Schwimmer aren't ready right now.
Jose just doesn't have it.
Kendrick is a long man and nothing more.
Stutes, I hope can come back and pitch well.
Phillies actually do have some nice arms in their system despite how everyone seems to think we traded all of our prospects away. Trevor Mays is too valuable to be used as a bullpen call up but guys like Jake Diekman, Rahul Valdes, and Tyler Cloyd are all having great years and I think they all miss bats. Plus we still have Philippe Aumont (centerpiece of the Cliff Lee to Seattle trade). Seattle and Philly have been grooming him to be a prominent bullpen guy for years now and last I heard he was finally getting it together.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Justified
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Phillies actually do have some nice arms in their system despite how everyone seems to think we traded all of our prospects away. Trevor Mays is too valuable to be used as a bullpen call up but guys like Jake Diekman, Rahul Valdes, and Tyler Cloyd are all having great years and I think they all miss bats. Plus we still have Philippe Aumont (centerpiece of the Cliff Lee to Seattle trade). Seattle and Philly have been grooming him to be a prominent bullpen guy for years now and last I heard he was finally getting it together.
I think Diekman and Valdes have been called up today.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
Like who?
Quote:
I think Diekman and Valdes have been called up today.
Like those guys I guess. As one poster said earlier Deikman has been dominant in AAA this year, and was pretty good last year in AA. Aumont should be ready at some point this year, and De Fratus will be back in a few weeks I believe.

The majority of the Phils young talent is bullpen arms, they just have the wrong ones in right now. Savery, Stutes, and Scwimmer aren't very good. They do need to add a veteran though, but I don't think it would be that difficult.

De Fratus, Aumont, and Diekman all have 12 K/9 in the minor leagues. They are strike out machines. Aumont and Diekman need to work on their walks. Aumont more so than Diekman I believe.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Justified
Amaro out

look at this, I think this is pretty funny.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:58 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I don't see Brown coming up, until he can field.

Galvis is doing fine, I'm willing to sacrifice him to play the field because he can make plays and do productive fielding. There's no excuse our top of the lineup should be doing what they are.

Galvis is going to win a few gold gloves as long as he can stay healthy. He also hit .298 or so last year in AAA...

Closed Thread