Did you watch the same game I did? Because that is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what I saw.
At end of day, let's face it:
We've been outperforming our skill level all year. It's bound to fall back to earth. Season got hyped too much due to regular season record. Reality is that this is still a rebuild year and we will be better next year and the year after that.
We could win game 7, but if you had to make me bet, I'd pick caps. They are just playing as a team with solid lines and solid system. We are running around like chickens with our heads cut off.
If not for some heroics last game and the post in OT in game 3, we would have only won 1 game this series. Pathetic.
I absolutely hate the way this team plays, even when we win, I hate it. There is never a guy in front of the net, they make horrible passes, miss the net 95% of the time and the other 5% is a shot to the chest.
I want a offensive minded coach, we already have great defensive players and the best ****ing goalie, we don't need a coach for that we need offense, fire Sullivan and Torts.
But why can't we close teams out early, whyyyyyyy?!!!!
**** you torts, i hate you because of tonight!
Uh oh, you've said "fire torts," now you're not a true Rangers fan!
Very poor effort from all concerned, starting with Torts and Cally, and right on down through the lineup. The lines and ice time allocations were idiotic. And Henrik was the only one that gave the necessary effort. It is shocking that they could be so completely outhustled and outplayed in a game 6 elimination game.
I miss Zuccarello . At least he knew how to set up a play and contribute on the PP. Get well soon, Zuccs! And get Rupp OUT!
And can Torts please move Kreider up with Stepan and move Prust down to the 4th line!!! PLEASE!
they are just totally slow on PP.. it takes everyone 3 seconds to figure out where to pass the puck. and if someone is passed the puck in less than 3 seconds, receiver is so surprised that can't score in front of goalie. there should not be optional skating!!! (otherwise it ends up badly)
The teams have been trading wins all series (i think they did in the regular season too)
Would have liked to win today but the game was a gong show from the moment Richard Keil..i mean Ovechkin scored.
Our shot selection was poor, i mean did we force Holtby to make a difficult save tonight? Sure the shots are there, but if you're just gonna shoot the puck at the net atleast make sure you have bodies(!) infront aswell.