HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-09-2012, 10:11 PM
folding
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
i wish i had your faith....but seeing this team come close and fail many times as a long time fan makes me a bit negative
And trust me, I've been at this awhile too. I'm not a teenager heh. Far from it. I have many years of heartache too. I just know this is a good team.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by folding View Post
Yup.

I am very thankful for him, honestly. He's done a lot for the team. He really has. And typically the Rangers as a whole react better to tough guys like him than to the Peter Laviolette types. Just how it is.
Rangers would be on vacation without tenacious Torts. Besides Lundqvist, he is the most important entity in this organization.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
And I'm not making excuses, but I gotta say, I love how the Devils finish 5 spots behind us int he standings and get easier matchups.
ill give you the Panthers. I think anyone who thinks the Flyers are an "easy" matchup are really fooling themselves.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
ill give you the Panthers. I think anyone who thinks the Flyers are an "easy" matchup are really fooling themselves.
The Flyers don't have the goaltending to compete in the playoffs. We would've rolled them just like the Devils did.

Say what you will about Holbty, but he stops the pucks he should. Bryzgalov doesn't even do that.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Rangers would be on vacation without tenacious Torts. Besides Lundqvist, he is the most important entity in this organization.
Yup. Exactly.

I love the guy. He disappointed me tonight, but so did most of the team. It happens. I wish it didn't happen tonight but they're still alive. That's all I can go on right now. Thank the Lord they are still alive. I want this so much.

Old
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
The Torts haters really come out of the woodwork after a game like this.

The guy is not getting fired. Everyone relax, take deep breath and realize that we have home ice advantage for a reason. Game 7 will be a totally different animal.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Rangers will win the Cup going to Game 7 in every single series.
More like you're going to need an assortment of IVs if you crawl into the next round.

Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Their defense was a catastrophe. And Bryz was by far the worst goalie left in the 2nd round. Their D is horrible at answering a hard forecheck. Can't score if you're playing in your own end all the time. They blew a 2-0 lead in the same period. That's just pathetic.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
The Flyers don't have the goaltending to compete in the playoffs. We would've rolled them just like the Devils did.

Say what you will about Holbty, but he stops the pucks he should. Bryzgalov doesn't even do that.
Their goaltender belongs on his own personal planet. He's a wackadoodle. He reminds me of Riley Martin (Howard Stern fans would understand that one.)

Old
05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I've been saying it since Game 1 against the Sens.

Our de facto motto is, "No one said it'd be easy" which we are following to a T.

Get the fireworks ready for Saturday because we are going to win.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I've suppressed most of my doubts so far but...this is it. I dont think we can do it.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:15 PM
BlaqICE

Send a message via ICQ to BlaqICE Send a message via AIM to BlaqICE Send a message via MSN to BlaqICE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Personally, I disagree.

As a 50 win team, with Brad Richards, Marian Gaborik, and Henrik Lundqvist, after having such a great regular season, I said if we lost before the ECF the season, while great, wasn't much of a success. Yes, it's better then what we're used to, but we've had some awful teams in the past.

After playing so well all series, it will be a choke to lose to the 7th seeded Caps like this.
Totally agree. We've had teams that made it out of the first round before (2007, 2008), but you expect more from a team that finishes in first place.

BlaqICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I've been saying it since Game 1 against the Sens.

Our de facto motto is, "No one said it'd be easy" which we are following to a T.

Get the fireworks ready for Saturday because we are going to win.
And streamers don't forget the streamers

Old
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I've suppressed most of my doubts so far but...this is it. I dont think we can do it.
You'd make a heck of a preacher

Old
ltsthinaz

Quote:
And I'm not making excuses, but I gotta say, I love how the Devils finish 5 spots behind us int he standings and get easier matchups.
One, we get the game 7 at home, and two, Sens and Caps aren't that good. I feel the Devils right now are better than them, it's a matter of styles and match-ups, and, frankly, the fact that the Rangers at the end of the season were worn out, have little offensive talent, a hard-headed coach in love with grinders, and really are not yet an elite team. Besides, I think the Devils improved a lot at the deadline with Zidlicky, but they paid a high price - next year, if they don't sign Parise and Brodeur, they willl be much worse, and they gave up a ton of draft choices for Zidlicky. The Rangers, by contrast, will likely be even better next year with Kreider, Sauer, a free agent or two and some of the prospects.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
First period, the MSG crowd can carry you guys on adrenaline. Get a goal or two and clamp down. If Caps score first, you guys could fold.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Dorado*

I've seen enough of Feds , Boyle and Prust .
Enough Clown the object of the game is to score more than the other team . They don't award wins for most time" below te hash marks "'
Put together some lines that can create a chance off the rush .
Did we even have an odd man rush tonight ?
Girardi in the 1 ST

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
corduroyg

hank is due for a shutout. i think he gets it in game 7. (even though i think the caps are in his head)

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
blue425

Now that I have had a chance to decompress:

Disappointing.

However..back in say August, if I was told the Rangers would have a chance to make the ECF via two home game sevens, I would have taken it in a second.

They have not put together two consecutive stinkers all season. I don't think they're going to start now.

blue425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Graves94

I won't apologize for Torts because I'm scratching my head on some of his decisions as well, but it seems to me that when we lose, it so and so's fault ,and when we win, everyone is Boby Orr and/or Wayne Gretzky and/or Scotty Bowman.
I think Torts is coaching to win now of course, but also for the future. He wants to make sure that the young guys are not discouraged if they make a mistake and wants them to learn from their mistakes, look at Kreider in game 2, and McD tonight (played < 20 mins tonight).
I think we will be OK Saturday, if we play the way we've played all year. Let's stay positive.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The Garden crowd is going to be insane on Saturday. I can't fathom us coming out as flat as we did today.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

I'm hoping for another big game out of Richards, but if Hank would like to shut them out the timing would be lovely.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
XLJ

I knew this was going to happen. They have to make it as difficult as possible.
I dont understand why Girardi gets more powerplay minutes than Stralman. Way too much Brian Boyle again.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
First period, the MSG crowd can carry you guys on adrenaline. Get a goal or two and clamp down. If Caps score first, you guys could fold.
Pretty much. First goal is huge though that goes without saying since there's a good chance 2 or 3 may only be scored.

ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
I won't apologize for Torts because I'm scratching my head on some of his decisions as well, but it seems to me that when we lose, it so and so's fault ,and when we win, everyone is Boby Orr and/or Wayne Gretzky and/or Scotty Bowman.
I think Torts is coaching to win now of course, but also for the future. He wants to make sure that the young guys are not discouraged if they make a mistake and wants them to learn from their mistakes, look at Kreider in game 2, and McD tonight (played < 20 mins tonight).
I think we will be OK Saturday, if we play the way we've played all year. Let's stay positive.
I agree with you, but I think it is a blessing McD played less tonight. He's played too much, has been run repeatedly by the Craps, hasn't been the same since the hard check in game 4 and playing 50+ minutes in game 3. He's only a kid. The extra day off will also do him well for Game 7.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote