HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shooting High on Lundqvist's Glove Hand

Old
05-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Chimp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
No, but thanks for being condescending about it...

If you think players going down to block shots don't make the offense shoot high pretty often...I'll just respectfully disagree with you on that one.
I apologize for that, I can't help myself when it comes to using sarcasm sometimes.

Players blocking the shot by sliding along the ice forces a high shot, sure, but players blocking shots by going prone? No. Sliding is a last ditch effort, blocking by just being in the way or going prone is more favourable. So it's just a part of the blocks forcing more high shots.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Robs789

With every Ranger diving to block a shot, the only place the Caps can shoot is high.

Robs789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Lundqvist has a great glove. We've seen him rob many players. The reason why his glove is a "weak" point is because everywhere else is almost unbeatable. The dude is a beast and no one can argue that he's either #1 or #2 goalie in the league/world right now.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
corduroyg

lundqvist gives up another softie to the caps in the 3rd period of a playoff game, what a shocker.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Two Tone Malone
Neopolitan Richard

What a shocker. Caps score 2 or more goals and we lose. Torts and his team give no room for error for Hank. It's really great that unless Hank pitches a shutout or lets in 1 goal the Rangers are most definitely going to lose this postseason.

Two Tone Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
MessierIsGod

2 goals on first 14 shots don't exactly lift a team either..no team can win a cup without a hot goalie..regular season means squat

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:05 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck Good Answer View Post
What a shocker. Caps score 2 or more goals and we lose. Torts and his team give no room for error for Hank. It's really great that unless Hank pitches a shutout or lets in 1 goal the Rangers are most definitely going to lose this postseason.
Take it back...Richards just tied it...OT time

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Two Tone Malone
Neopolitan Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Take it back...Richards just tied it...OT time
They win tonight 3-2 and I'll take it back. Until then I fail to see how I am wrong.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:13 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
They win tonight 3-2 and I'll take it back. Until then I fail to see how I am wrong.
Stop being a fan of this team.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:15 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
lundqvist gives up another softie to the caps in the 3rd period of a playoff game, what a shocker.
So, if Hank saves it, it's a great save. If he lets it in, it's a softie. Is all world this black and white for you? Or what, will you claim it was a routine save, or are you just watering out the word?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
2 goals on first 14 shots don't exactly lift a team either..no team can win a cup without a hot goalie..regular season means squat
Yes, let's completely ignore what those 14 shots looked like, shall we? Or how they looked the other end before someone mentions "but Holtby saves 96% of our shots, he outplayz Lundqvist!!1". Just like some stat geeks did in game 4. Washington almost won that game in regulation time, because they played better, smarter hockey than us, with shots actually having a good chance to end up in net.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Two Tone Malone
Neopolitan Richard

Quote:
Stop being a fan of this team.
I GLADLY take it back Poe.

Old
05-07-2012, 10:22 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Quote:
I GLADLY take it back Poe.
You better never make that mistake again

Old
05-09-2012, 10:56 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

NBC picked up on this tonight...I mean we all noticed this so long ago. What can Lundqvist do to combat those shots high up around his glove?

Its been frustrating the highs and lows

Old
05-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
NBC picked up on this tonight...I mean we all noticed this so long ago. What can Lundqvist do to combat those shots high up around his glove?

he's the best butterfly goalie in the league.

where are butterfly goalies weak? Up high.

Martin Brodeur is the best goalie in the league at shots up high. where do you beat him? down low.

every goalie has his weaknesses.

Henrik is just as weak high blocker side as he is high glove side. all butterfly goalies are. if you can put a puck in the top corner with velocity, you'll score. how hard is that though? with the pressure the rangers put on you, you have to basically rip a shot into a perfect zone with ppl charging to block the shots. it aint easy.

Henrik wasn't at all to blame for this loss tonight. The guys in front of him were.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

Martin Brodeur is the best goalie in the league at shots up high. where do you beat him? down low.

Henrik is just as weak high blocker side as he is high glove side. all butterfly goalies are. if you can put a puck in the top corner with velocity, you'll score. how hard is that though? with the pressure the rangers put on you, you have to basically rip a shot into a perfect zone with ppl charging to block the shots. it aint easy.

Henrik wasn't at all to blame for this loss tonight. The guys in front of him were.
I thought Lundqvist was amazing today, but him not being able to catch pucks two games in a row has less to do with his style and more to do a weak glove.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:20 PM
corduroyg

kovalchuk could have a field day next round if we make it, picking off the top corner against hank.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:25 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
kovalchuk could have a field day next round if we make it, picking off the top corner against hank.
Not any more than Ovechkin.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:50 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

Why the hell is everyone blaming Hank? Teams would kill to have a goalie who gives up 2 goals a game, 3 at the most. Is it his damn fault we can't score goals? Someone needs to grow some balls and ****** step up instead of playing like girls. The hitting has stopped and the forecheck has also, why? Hank is the cause of everything right? Kovalchuk won't do a damn thing against Hank and Ovechkin is finally scoring on him after 2 years of being stoned by him nonstop. Were taking this damn series on saturday, LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:56 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
Why the hell is everyone blaming Hank? Teams would kill to have a goalie who gives up 2 goals a game, 3 at the most. Is it his damn fault we can't score goals? Someone needs to grow some balls and ****** step up instead of playing like girls. The hitting has stopped and the forecheck has also, why? Hank is the cause of everything right? Kovalchuk won't do a damn thing against Hank and Ovechkin is finally scoring on him after 2 years of being stoned by him nonstop. Were taking this damn series on saturday, LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No one is blaming Hank. He's been good this playoffs. But his weakness is up high, and his glove hand is not as strong as some goalies. He also can't play the puck to save his life.

He's still one of, if not the best goalie in the NHL. All players have their strengths and weaknesses, Hank is no different.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Agree on him playing the puck. The dude should just stay in his net unless there are no opposing players in the NYR zone.

...As for his glove, I'd call it inconsistent, not BAD. But Ovi today was a frickin rocket snipe.
(helped by the fact that the PK fell asleep and he was left WIDE open.)
...However, 2 shots in this series have went off his glove and in. And those NEED to be stopped.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

Nicely stated.

Ovechkin's goal was a result of blown coverage on the penalty kill.

He could've set up a picnic in the slot with all of the room he had.

Jabroni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:02 AM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post

teams that win the cup usually have a goalie that stands on his head a few times in the playoffs and steals a few games. lundqvist has stolen us 1 game so far, game 3 against ottawa. is he capable of stealing us game 7? im not so sure, even though i predicted a shutout lol hes been very very good in these playoffs, but he hasnt been spectacular.

hank got very lucky in game 5, those were a couple of softies he gave up. hes had a weird series, hes make some amazing saves, but i think hes let in a couple very stoppable shots.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:05 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Nicely stated.

Ovechkin's goal was a result of blown coverage on the penalty kill.

He could've set up a picnic in the slot with all of the room he had.
Lundqvist had no chance on that. I've seen the replay a zillion times, and he goes inside out with the shot.

I'm still trying to figure out if Ovie "missed" the shot and he was ridiculously lucky, or if he meant to do that and it was ridiculously sick.

BenedictGomez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:06 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
...However, 2 shots in this series have went off his glove and in. And those NEED to be stopped.
Agreed. I don't see many other goalies being so late on the glove that it just glances the leather and goes right in.

It's something Hank needs to work on, just like Torts needs to work on the power play, Stralman needs to work on his skating, Mitchell needs to work on not sucking etc...

PromNite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:08 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

Quote:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2011030216

select "goal trends"
then
View: net and defense.

20% for his glove hand looks good

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote