HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Petey Pucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by folding View Post
Their goaltender belongs on his own personal planet. He's a wackadoodle. He reminds me of Riley Martin (Howard Stern fans would understand that one.)
He is a typical crazy Ruski....it's cultural....he can't relate.....the united states is a different "universh" for him

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Rangers would be on vacation without tenacious Torts. Besides Lundqvist, he is the most important entity in this organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
The Torts haters really come out of the woodwork after a game like this.

The guy is not getting fired. Everyone relax, take deep breath and realize that we have home ice advantage for a reason. Game 7 will be a totally different animal.
no woodwork here. I see the good and the bad, unfortunately the latter is outweighing the former. He's great at the defensive game and team system, and I realize he has limited tools, but the total
abomination of a powerplay all season long, for nearly every season since he's been here is an absolute disgrace. It's beyond humiliating.

Watching that train wreck PP with the dbl minor was like having a root canal done with no anisthetic. I was pulling my finger nails out with a pair plyers and dipping my bloody raw finger tips into boiling hot vingear while watching that power play tonight.

I expect bad dreams and hallucinations all week until saturday over this powerplay. I expect to be tortured the long offseason thinking about it.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Victory*
We're Still In It

I think we're done. The Caps have us figured out and now they know that if they shoot high glove on Hank it'll go in 99% of the time.

Victory* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:24 PM
corduroyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Garden crowd is going to be insane on Saturday. I can't fathom us coming out as flat as we did today.

this loss will have no effect on how we play game 7. we will come out absolutely flying, hitting everything in sight, shooting from all angles. the problem is 1 bad bounce and our season is over, thats the danger of counting on a game 7. we really need an early goal, just like the caps had tonite. i told my friend if its 0-0 at the end of the 1st we'll be in great shape, caps will start to feel the pressure. getting that early goal completely relaxed the caps and we stunk.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
First period, the MSG crowd can carry you guys on adrenaline. Get a goal or two and clamp down. If Caps score first, you guys could fold.
That's not everyone here. I always brace for the worst case

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
I think we're done. The Caps have us figured out and now they know that if they shoot high glove on Hank it'll go in 99% of the time.
Name me a goalie who stops Ovi's shot.

99%? I'm not even gonna comment.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
He is a typical crazy Ruski....it's cultural....he can't relate.....the united states is a different "universh" for him
My family is all crazy Ruskis, Polskis and Greeks. And Bryz surpasses all of them.

Oh, and he kinda sucks. Heh.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory View Post
Which is why they scored 23 goals right? I think people are forgetting that we have Henrik ****ing Lundqvist in net.

The only "figuring out" the Caps have on us is that they recognize our inability to take quality shots.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Name me a goalie who stops Ovi's shot.

99%? I'm not even gonna comment.
true....but washington seems to be shooting high most of the time and I doubt its by chance on their part....their shooting high glove alot on Henrik purposely

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Cake or Death

I honestly didn't think we were gonna win this one. But I do feel extremely confident about game 7.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
true....but washington seems to be shooting high most of the time and I doubt its by chance on their part....their shooting high glove alot on Henrik purposely
Because Hank is almost unbeatable at every other angle.

When it takes Alex ****ing Ovechkin on the powerplay to score on you, you're not the problem.

If we had somebody who could make that same shot on Holtby, we would've been waiting to see if NJ or Flyers were playing us in the ECF a few days ago.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Sure. Because they have snipers who can actually do that. Plus, Ovechkin's shot was perfectly placed as Hank was coming over from the other side. Just a rocket. Doesn't help that the idiot PK'ers leave him, out of all people, open in the slot.

Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Why aren't Staal and McDonagh taking as many shots? I was glad Girardi was taking them. All 3 are better than DZ, who has taken probably 105 shots and about 1/5 of those were on Holtby.

And Kreider better get more minutes next game. Absolute joke of line juggling by Torts.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Dorado*

Holtby glove is as big as a fishing net .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Eggtimer

Devils fan here and I come in peace
With no emotional ties to either the Capitals or the Rangers , I do not understand some of the doom and gloom in this thread. Game 7 on home ice with last change and you have probably the best goalie in the world between the pipes ( very hard for me to type that) , I just do not see the Capitals having what it takes to pull off an upset.

Glad the Caps won game 6 to prolong the series to give the Devils time to nurse their wounds , but hoping you guys take game 7 as Devils/Rangers will be an epic series.

Not very loya but being a realist , if it is a devils/rangers series , my heart wants to say devils in 7 but my mind says rangers in 7. Your teams D and goaltending is too strong.

Eggtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Why aren't Staal and McDonagh taking as many shots? I was glad Girardi was taking them. All 3 are better than DZ, who has taken probably 105 shots and about 1/5 of those were on Holtby.

And Kreider better get more minutes next game. Absolute joke of line juggling by Torts.
Absolutely. DZ has disappointed me with his presence at the point. He's been killing drives.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Because Hank is almost unbeatable at every other angle.

When it takes Alex ****ing Ovechkin on the powerplay to score on you, you're not the problem.

If we had somebody who could make that same shot on Holtby, we would've been waiting to see if NJ or Flyers were playing us in the ECF a few days ago.
Rick Nash.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:33 PM
crisb

Knew this series would go 7. Still think we pull it off. Not worried.

crisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Graves94

One more thing that is pissing me off really badly, is the disrespect the Rangers are getting from all the media (US & Canada). They're the #1 seed and by the looks and sounds of it, their lucky to be here and are a bunch of scrubs. Never seen this before ,to a team that finished 1 point from winning the President's trophy.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggtimer View Post
With no emotional ties to either the Capitals or the Rangers , I do not understand some of the doom and gloom in this thread. Game 7 on home ice with last change and you have probably the best goalie in the world between the pipes ( very hard for me to type that) , I just do not see the Capitals having what it takes to pull off an upset.

Glad the Caps won game 6 to prolong the series to give the Devils time to nurse their wounds , but hoping you guys take game 7 as Devils/Rangers will be an epic series.
But Henrik can't score unfortunately.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

This is how I feel... The girl is the Capitals and the Rangers are the guy. They just won't let us win.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggtimer View Post

it didn't have to be this way...

Old
05-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

We have the worst offense left in the PO'S. 2.08 G/G.

For all the whining about the lack of goal support for Quick, he's been getting 3.00 G/G. Almost an entire goal every game. That adds up.

Meanwhile, Hank lets in 2, and it's either a loss, or OT is needed.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

Noone said it would be easy.

Noone said I would die of an ulcer either

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Dorado*

Ill gladly eat my words ( not pubes ) but I dont think NYR win this game 7 .
At this point the lack of offensive production is weighting down the players causing them to play tight .
If Caps score first in G 7 it's over

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote