HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Earth to Callahan!

Old
05-09-2012, 10:17 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Look at how Parise played against the Flyers. That's a true captain. Really shocked and disappointed by Callahan's performance.
So you're saying Callahan is not a "true" Captain?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubinstache View Post
Assuming he is injured: at what point does "playing through the pain" become disadvantageous? After so many lackluster games, you'd think he'd sit for a few games if there were a legitimate injury.

You don't see Dubi out there trying to skate, so obviously there is a line somewhere. How bad does an injury have to be before you sit? and if Callahan is playing this poorly due to injury, doesn't that suggest that maybe it's not something that can be "played through"?
if you sit Ryan Callahan, John Scott goes into the lineup.

a 1 handed ryan callahan is still a MUUUCCCHHHH better option.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:19 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

One of his worste games as a Ranger. I was begging for Tortorella to bench him in the second period to make am example out of him and get the team motivated.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
One of his worste games as a Ranger. I was begging for Tortorella to bench him in the second period to make am example out of him and get the team motivated.
you don't bench Ryan Callahan.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Stepanformayor*

"You don't bench Ryan Callahan"

What a stupid comment!! Ovy goth benced in the first three games and we can't bench Cally?????

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
"You don't bench Ryan Callahan"

What a stupid comment!! Ovy goth benced in the first three games and we can't bench Cally?????
Ryan Callahan is not Alex Ovechkin.

You don't bench Ryan Callahan. You don't bench a guy who will dive face first in front of shots to block them if he has to. You don't bench a guy who will do anything to win. He's not hurting the team. he's just not playing well and NONE of us are privvy to his health situation. we know he blocked a shot with his hand and missed a practice or 2 in the Sens series...we don't know whats happening with him there.

Old
05-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Stepanformayor*

No one player is bigger than the team. He is not doing his job!! As a top 6 forward he has to produce on the offensive side of the puck, and he is not . Bench him!!!

Stepanformayor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
trying to wrap my head around that one...
*cough* kept the play alive for Richie's GTG *cough*

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 10:58 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

This loss has sucked the life out of me but i'm still keeping faith, we'll win saturday, LGR!!!!!! They have to grow a pair sooner or later right? The season isn't ending yet no effin way, we got this we just need to hang in there, nobody thought it would be easy right? If we play the Devils i'm calling a 6-7 game series right now before it starts, nothing is easy with our Rangers. Holtby has been made out to look great but we need to give it everything we've got and destroy him saturday, no bullcrap.

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

He's still skating around behind the net, wide open, waiting for Brian Boyle to get him the puck.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:09 AM
JayQueensNY88*

Jesus man,SHUT UP,STOP *****ING...Whats with u ppl on this board..Give him a break,the kids amazing #24 that is... there are ****17**** SEVENTEEN ***** other players who can step it up...Cant always be Callahan and Richards,let alone callahan,he been huge all season...This is hockey a team sport that requires everyone to chip in EVERYONE.This is not basketball or baseball

this site makes me more sick than anaything.someone always go t something to say and complain about.Like an old age home

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:11 AM
NewYorkRangers89*

^ lmao

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:13 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

would like to see Kreider-Stepan-Callahan reunited.
Anisimov-Boyle-Prust for a shut down and <gulp> energy trio. Rupp-Mitchell-Feds as the scrub line.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
McRanger

After the playoffs we will find out that Callahan had a broken hand or a broken wrist. He hasn't handled the puck in what seems like ages.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:22 AM
Rangers1985

We cant rely on just Richards and Gaborik to do all the heavy lifting here fellas. I think we all know that. Playoffs are about the TEAM, up and down.

Some people here sound like bandwagoners just paying attention to the big names. Its about contributions from the third and fourth liners too.

IMO, we need to build around Gaborik, Kreider and Hagelin and get more speed on those 3rd and 4th lines.

Watching those lines skate like concrete is just painful to watch.

Callahan needs to step it up. 9 GWG in the regular season. 0 in the playoffs. Get ****ing going dude.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:39 AM
gardenparty

I would not be surprised in the least if it's revealed that Cally played with a serious injury in these playoffs. I remember the play too. It was in Ottawa and he took a slapshot off (IIRC) the hand or forearm. It looked like a season ender when I saw it. I couldn't believe he came back.

To be fair, what he's lacked in scoring he's more than made up for in physical play. Not tonight mind you, but overall he's been racking up the hits.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:51 AM
SERE 24
LGR

I'm fine with Cally's play, though it hasn't been any better than "enough". If he is hurt, whether we fans know it or not, Torts does, and he should consider playing Callahan in bottom six/PK minutes and giving Kreider or Stepan more top six minutes. That's IF Callahan's wrist/hand is hurting and he doesn't have the same ability to play the puck that he would normally have. If he's just struggling, not much you can do but hope he turns it around quickly. If he's hurting, you can give him less ES minutes and hope to generate a little more offense with Kreider and Stepan in the top six. They're certainly wasted in the bottom six roles they played tonight.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Callagraves
Block shots

He's been doing alright. Not as good as we need him to be.

He has no linemates. AA and Boyle are almost useless with him. That line has ZERO threat to the opposition.

Get someone who can shoot on that line.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Cally...

What about Hags?

10 playof games and 1 *** assist to his account....No points the last 5 games..

He's one of those who needs to step up...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:57 AM
sfox7076

Everyone on the team needs to step it up. Frankly, I am amazed we have stretched this to 7 games. We simply cannot score. This is an issue that has plagued the team every year it seems. None of our lines our working now. Our best line last night was Kreider, Mitchell and Rupp. What does that say about how our team is playing? We cannot get anyone to the net. We are shooting, but not putting guys in front to screen or get at rebounds. Bring the grit back and we might have a chance. You don't win games scoring 1 or 2 goals a night. And no, this isn't a call for Rick Nash. I really think he does not fit on this team.

sfox7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:16 AM
bubba5

Talk about throwing the Guy under the bus! This guy is struggling yes, but I mean wow. This guy was our go to player all year.

Maybe we should have included him in the Nash deal instead of Dubinsky!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Jersey Girl

I don't think it's unfair to discuss how Callahan is playing. Nobody is saying he wasn't great all year, they're saying he's not playing great right now. This is a playoff league, so these games matter a LOT more than regular season games.

That said, I think calling him abysmal, horrible, whatever, is just unfair. He wasnt' THAT bad. Just not great.

I do think whether he may be injured or not, he needs to stop with the stupid penalties. Last night was not his first, and there is no excuse for that, ESPECIALLY coming from your captain.

And regarding injuries, most players are out there this time of year playing with some sort of injury, not just Callahan. The best find a way.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:34 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
I am so happy to see this thread up, he has been all over the ice since game 6 of the Ottawa series and not all over the ice in a good way.

He seems to be trying to do way to much, he puts in so much effort that it is taking him off his game. Someone needs to calm him down a little and let him know he doesn't need to be the hero

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Ryan Callahan is not Alex Ovechkin.

You don't bench Ryan Callahan. You don't bench a guy who will dive face first in front of shots to block them if he has to. You don't bench a guy who will do anything to win. He's not hurting the team. he's just not playing well and NONE of us are privvy to his health situation. we know he blocked a shot with his hand and missed a practice or 2 in the Sens series...we don't know whats happening with him there.
You know when you do bench him? When hes not doing anything that makes him a special player - like last night.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:01 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

How dare you talk bad about our American-born, Ranger's-groomed captain.

I think you're way out of line here!

Let the man continue to take stupid penalties and turn the puck over in piece! Just continue on complaining about Gaborik, he's a soft euro that wasn't Ranger-raised and only has 3 goals his last 4 games.

It's not just Cally. There are a lot of "talented" forwards that are M.I.A in this series.