HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-09-2012, 11:26 PM
KingWantsCup
United we stand

vCash: 50
Just watched the game on DVR. What a waste of life watching that one. EMBARRASSING. Not scoring on the 4 minute PP was pathetic. Just a pathetic game all around. That first PK was a DISASTER. WTF is that? Seriously, let's just let Alexander Ovechkin wide open in the slot. That's cool. ****ing so raged right now.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:29 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

vCash: 500
There should be a chant at MSG next game saying KREIDER POWERPLAY and HAGELIN POWERPLAY, maybe it will work?

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I am taking a lot of stock into this game. If they play like this, they're going to lose. Simple as that.

It's very disheartening to see such a gutsy effort followed by this. I'm not very confident right now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
^ As long as we believe in the Bard, we will win Game 7.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:40 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
This is what blows my mind.... not having your skilled players on the PP is beyond mind-boggling,especially with the guys out there it's not working at all
Kreider is completely understandable. I wouldnt want to put a fetus on point in the Stanley Cup playoffs either were I Torts. One small mistake, one bobble, one indecision, or one vet that "dupes" you with something a fetus hasnt seen before, and it's off to the races.

Hagelin? Yeah, I've got nothin' for that one. He should be on the PP.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Im so angry that I just dont care at this point. I love torts and am always in his corner but im just so fed up with these lines that havent worked 2 games in a row. Honestly if the top 2 lines saturday arent gabby-richards-hagelin, kreider-stepan-callahan, then i hope we lose because i would be a hypocrite to support something to god damn idiotic. Idc how good mitchell has played last 2 games, he shouldnt be on the pp over kreider or hagelin. I know kreider isnt the answer or only problem and half will agree and half wont, but its a damn fact that he brings that line together just like hagelin brings gaborik and richards together, whether he scores or not. Im so sick of saying the same ****....I know there is a reason torts is the coach and im a nobody, but this is so damn blatant with 0 evidence or reason why the lines should freaking stay this way.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:45 PM
mrhockey193195

Guys...I'm just gonna say this...don't care how pissed you guys are about game 6...this team deserves every ounce of support we can give them in game 7. They've given us an amazing season, and it sure as hell is not going to end on Saturday if we can help it. I fully, 100% believe in this team...more than any other team in my lifetime (I'm only 22, didn't truly experience 94)...they will get it done.

mrhockey193195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:46 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
^ As long as we believe in the Bard, we will win Game 7.
The Bard's glorious jams will lead to a 4-1 win.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:52 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
****ing pathetic effort all around.

From the players to coaching. Torts with his atrocious line combos all game. He had John ****ing Mitchell on the ice with 4 mins left. I just don't understand.

I highly doubt they flop like this in Game 7. We got this.
Nothing wrong with Mitchell, Prust game has declined since he came here and i think hes used a little too much leading to bad penalties more often. Plus Feds is not a guy to generate goal.

The problem is the Richards and Gaborik combo are not getting dirty enough and to win even your skilled guys have to do it. Look at Ovi hes laying his body out taking risks, and playing every minute like it counts, honestly a guy like that deserves it over two guys who rarely engage in any physical contact. Yes there games are supposed to be skilled but it is evident on the PP that you have to adapt, if Richards is not playing on the point there in no use for him moving up as the QB. Now you have he Del Zotto, and Stepan none with any ability to shoot very well and than you have Gaborik who is not going to be bodying around the net if there is a shot nor does he recruit pucks very well. Only Callahan get somewhat engaged in the dirty areas you need to go, but his size really limits his ability to have an impact and create too much space. This why if you the PP it must consist of atleast two guys who are willing to get around the net, bang, protect and gain loose pucks and rebounds we have one. Next we have very weak shot presence none of the three have much of a shot and are all afraid to use it, and if they did no one is in front. ITs funny when were desperate this occurs and Hagelin seems to be having his nose behind and around the net. At this point, i would award him on the top PP unit. You have nothing to lose as the PP is just a joke. I would also prefer Stall and Stralman as the two D on the PP. Both can skate well and both atleast have longer reaches to change shot angles. I really wish Torts would try a combo like that.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:56 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

My powerplay lines:

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Stralman-Staal

Kreider-Richards-Callahan
Del Zotto-McDonagh

Old
05-10-2012, 12:00 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
My powerplay lines:

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Stralman-Staal

Del Zotto-McDonagh
Wow we posted at almost the same time with the same unit. I think the Del zotto Richards combo is just not working and has not worked all season. Id much rather see Stall and stralman on the PP, and see more of Mcd also. For forwards i dont care as long as Hagelin is getting time on it. And for Stepan he has to be playing on the bottom left hashmarks setting up Gabby or going back out. I dont know why coachign woulding shake the PP up. Everythign the lines so easy but the worst thing is essentialy not touched. Crazy, it totally kills our momentum and we go 2 mins without setting up at all. It amazing for a NHL team.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:01 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Yeah people are all over Mitchell but the guy I'm most disappointed with and is getting far too much ice time is Prust. Outside of his fight with Neil, I can't name one productive thing he's done in the playoffs thus far. I wonder if he's playing injured.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:02 AM
goalie dude
Rookie User

I understand Kreider made a few mistakes but god damn 4th line is stagnant for him..

I'm dissapointed in torts sending this 'message'.. Really...

This is sad

I hope game 7 we go off

Mitchell sucks offensively, no scoring power

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:06 AM
NewYorkRangers89*

[QUOTE=satrabyk;49527517]Wow we posted at almost the same time with the same unit. I think the Del zotto Richards combo is just not working and has not worked all season. Id much rather see Stall and stralman on the PP, and see more of Mcd also. For forwards i dont care as long as Hagelin is getting time on it. And for Stepan he has to be playing on the bottom left hashmarks setting up Gabby or going back out. I dont know why coachign woulding shake the PP up. Everythign the lines so easy but the worst thing is essentialy not touched. Crazy, it totally kills our momentum and we go 2 mins without setting up at all. It amazing for a NHL team.[/QUOTE

yeah while i was typing i noticed your post above mine lol. But i agree, we have nothing to lose so we might as well try all different combos. For some reason Torts plays Mitchell and Prust on the powerplay, maybe because the top 6 guys aren't producing like they should? And why is it we almost ALWAYS lose the faceoff at the start of our powerplay? And WHY do we dump it in on the powerplay? Ugh.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Does anybody else think that this game was fixed to get a game # 7 at NYC ?
Just asking ...... oh and please win saturday so we can keep that shiny 34 pound piece of metal in the original 7 family . Best of luck to you guys. Peace out

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:13 AM
Rangers1985

We need better offensive depth. Simple as that.

Richards and Gaborik cant carry the offensive load here. They look a lot worse when the secondary scoring doesnt come up, and to be honest, they both have been playing fine. In relation to leaguewide scoring totals, theyre on par with all other star players. Theyve been there when we needed them.

The difference in the playoffs is getting contributions up and down the lineup.

Hagelin
Stepan
Callahan
Anisimov
Boyle
Fedotenko
Prust
Rupp
Mitchell

who are the weakest links here?

Kreiders a rookie, Dubinskys injured.

The ****ing DEFENSE has more points than most of our secondary scorers.

Callahan needs to step it up here. Hagelin too. 1 assist all playoffs. Need to see more from Fedotenko, Prust, Mitchell and Boyle.

Teams like LA, PHX and the Caps are getting contributions from up and down. The Devils played Florida and ****ing Bryzgalov the 2nd round. No way theyre getting past the ECF.

Man, that Nash trade is looking good right now.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:16 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Does anybody else think that this game was fixed to get a game # 7 at NYC ?
Just asking ...... oh and please win saturday so we can keep that shiny 34 pound piece of metal in the original 7 family . Best of luck to you guys. Peace out
The original 7?

froods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:20 AM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
My powerplay lines:

Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
Stralman-Staal

Del Zotto-McDonagh
Torts should keep MDZ and Richards on separate PP units, use Boyle and or Anisimov to screen the goalie with 4 forwards and 1 shooting D who shoots on net and not 5 feet away from it.

vstk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:20 AM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1985 View Post
We need better offensive depth. Simple as that.

Richards and Gaborik cant carry the offensive load here. They look a lot worse when the secondary scoring doesnt come up, and to be honest, they both have been playing fine. In relation to leaguewide scoring totals, theyre on par with all other star players. Theyve been there when we needed them.

The difference in the playoffs is getting contributions up and down the lineup.

Hagelin
Stepan
Callahan
Anisimov
Boyle
Fedotenko
Prust
Rupp
Mitchell

who are the weakest links here?

Kreiders a rookie, Dubinskys injured.

The ****ing DEFENSE has more points than most of our secondary scorers.

Callahan needs to step it up here. Hagelin too. 1 assist all playoffs. Need to see more from Fedotenko, Prust, Mitchell and Boyle.

Teams like LA, PHX and the Caps are getting contributions from up and down. The Devils played Florida and ****ing Bryzgalov the 2nd round. No way theyre getting past the ECF.

Man, that Nash trade is looking good right now.
Win or lose, don't want Nash unless he's cheap. Not interested in trading McD, Girardi, Staal, Sauer or Bickel (just joking), or Kreider, Stepan, Hagelin, draft choices or the farm. I can live with MDZ, Zucc, Anisimov, Boyle, Prust, maybe Dubinsky or the like. Nash's cap hit is a disaster waiting to happen that will handicap the team for years - it makes sense only if it brings the Cup.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Rangers1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Win or lose, don't want Nash unless he's cheap. Not interested in trading McD, Girardi, Staal, Sauer or Bickel (just joking), or Kreider, Stepan, Hagelin, draft choices or the farm. I can live with MDZ, Zucc, Anisimov, Boyle, Prust, maybe Dubinsky or the like. Nash's cap hit is a disaster waiting to happen that will handicap the team for years - it makes sense only if it brings the Cup.

Hindsights 20/20, but honestly, I think it would have.

Im glad we kept Kreider, but Nash on the 2nd line with Stepan and Callahan wouldve been better cause Kreiders learning the ropes still. Nash is a vet and a proven 30-40 goal guy. He wouldve been a huge difference I think this series when goals are so hard to come by.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Lordstanley
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
The original 7?
All right I was off by 1 team ....... anyway please beat the White Russian

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Rangers1985

Kreider's been great stepping in but you want more over the course of 2 months.

Nash wouldve been the better option over 2 months clearly.

Dubinsky isnt even playing anyway.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:34 AM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers1985 View Post
Hindsights 20/20, but honestly, I think it would have.

Im glad we kept Kreider, but Nash on the 2nd line with Stepan and Callahan wouldve been better cause Kreiders learning the ropes still. Nash is a vet and a proven 30-40 goal guy. He wouldve been a huge difference I think this series when goals are so hard to come by.
Unfortunately, I didn't see Nash as a fit, not at the asking price. I also think the Rangers are building an organization that can be the Red Wings of the next decade, with an incredible defense, goalie, lots of good young kids on the way, etc. I don't want to panic and mortgage the future.

Furthermore, Nash has made it clear he only wants to go to the Rangers, so there is no reason to overpay. If we're going to overpay a free agent, why not get Parise for more or less the same money. He's a better fit for the team, and costs nothing except bucks.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Rangers1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Unfortunately, I didn't see Nash as a fit, not at the asking price. I also think the Rangers are building an organization that can be the Red Wings of the next decade, with an incredible defense, goalie, lots of good young kids on the way, etc. I don't want to panic and mortgage the future.

Furthermore, Nash has made it clear he only wants to go to the Rangers, so there is no reason to overpay. If we're going to overpay a free agent, why not get Parise for more or less the same money. He's a better fit for the team, and costs nothing except bucks.
Yeah but if Sather snagged Nash, you can be sure they have a financial gameplan going through as far as impending RFAs go.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:43 AM
SERE 24
LGR

If we traded for Nash he'd be on the fourth line by now. Stepan plays with Prust and Fedetenko and Kreider plays with Mitchell and Rupp. Neither Kreider nor Hagelin sees PP time despite our team being VIRTUALLY (yes, in reality we scored the big game tying goal and the following winner in game 5 on the PP, but we were 0-3 with ZERO shots until those final 30 seconds of regulation) 0-7 on the PP in the last two games. I know he wouldn't actually put Nash on the fourth line (I think...) I was just using hyperbole...

I have some issues with Torts' lines and I have bigger issues with our compete level. This team has NO killer instinct. We know how to stay alive in a series. We know how to "not lose". We don't know how to win. We have no idea how to strike when the advantage is ours and send our opponent packing. We lack that, big time.

This is a game where Callahan should be flying, EVERYONE should be coming up with huge blocks, the forecheck should be coming on in unstoppable waves, Richards should be ON his game, Gaborik should be putting rubber on net, and overall, we should be ready to step on Washington's throat. Instead we play like we have a game to give and it's no big deal to take the series home in a winner-takes-all game 7. I hate that.

And Olczyk or Pierre, not that I respect either's opinion much, said they think Chimera is the fastest player remaining in the playoffs. Maybe he is. Either way, he gets rushes down the wing that are DANGEROUS and it's not because of a beautiful pass and it SURE AS **** isn't because Chimera is a world class puck handler or made a sweet move to get himself the space. He forced Stralman to take a bad penalty to start the game and he pushed the SAME play a few more times this game, and has done so all series. Aren't Gaborik, Hagelin and Kreider all supposed to be "undisputed" top 10 speedsters in this league? I know not all of them can play Chimera's game; in fact, I acknowledge that it's possible NONE of them can play the same way Chimera does. I'm not asking any of them to, but can't ONE of them create the same kind of play that he does 3+ times PER GAME? God knows they're ALL more offensively gifted than he is (logically making them even more dangerous than he is). He gets near breakaways literally 2-3 times EVERY game on the exact same play that drew the first penalty. Tort's can't get one of our speedsters running the exact same thing? This I don't get.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote