HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Robinson open to joining Habs "would like to return to Montreal"

Old
05-09-2012, 11:40 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 500
For the love of God..whoever comes in better call him...

The things he could do for Subban and guys like Tinordi, Ellis and Beaulieu (for the future) could be huge.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
compile

vCash: 611
If we get Big Bird and Lemaire, that in itself is a stanely cup.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:00 AM
DJ Breadman

I remember Patrick Roy talking about Robinsons' leadership and he told a story about the 86 cup run I think it was. Roy was saying how he was playing well but every game he was letting in a bad goal, after one of the playoff games I think it was a loss he went to sit in the sauna by himself. He said there was a long hallway to the sauna and he looked up and saw Larry Robinson walking towards him, he opened up the door and got in the sauna he looked at Roy and said "No more bad goals" he then turned around got out of the sauna and walked away and he knew he had to step it up, they went on the win the cup. That's the kind of presence id' like to see behind the bench.

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
fat tony had a good interview with robinson's agent a while back and his agent was basically saying that robinson had told gauthier he had significant interest in joining the habs. gauthier said he was interested and he'd get back to him and in spectacular gauthier fashion, never even got back to him.

from what i remember, the agent was basically saying that robinson was borderline begging for the job as his contract with jersey was finished. big bird was then promptly re-signed by the devils.

his agent was also waying that robinson was paying almost constant one-on-one attention to the devil's new defensive star, larsson, with results that everybody can see now. pre-injury, larsson was beast. imagine big bird mentoring subban

still, gauthier =
If I remember correctly, it was Gainey not Gauthier, it was before Martin got hired.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:46 AM
FinnHab

Good news!

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Interesting. I remember he clearly said before that he's content in Jersey.

Also interesting that his agent mentions that "the right people are in place." I guess people really like Bergevin, eh?
or had a less than stellar opinion of the leadership we recently replaced...

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:08 AM
poetryinmotion

But who will be Batmaninson..?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:16 AM

Coach: Quenneville
Assistants: Lemaire, Roy, Robinson

Do it. I don't care if it's impossible, do it.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:30 AM
GrangerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I've been mentioning Robinson from the start, even as Head Coach.
I seem to remember some health issues with Larry a while back, seemingly related to stress and stuff. I could be wrong but I think he's comfortable just being an assistant and coaching the defense.

Needless to say if he wants to come back, they need to bring him back. Period.

GrangerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Better jump all over this

Wasnt but the last time we played jersey when they showed robinson, i told my friend i couldnt believe an all timer hab like him is not involved in our organization somehow, it just doesnt make sense

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:10 AM
MintyFresh

This would be awesome.

MintyFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:19 AM
S Bah

Robinson has been open to coming as an Asst coach for the defence as long as the Habs were serious about winning,the hiring of Marc Bergevin by David Molson speaks volumes to the direction the Habs are going.Larry is bar none the best coach to teach our young defencemen in the world and he has huge contacts as well.Now it's just the wait for the new Coach,Combine,Entry Draft,UFA's July1,and the Summer Camps to come,it's going to be a great summer with lots of action surrounding our team.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Ivan13
Problem child

vCash: 50
Please come back to Montreal Big Bird.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:39 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
I remember Patrick Roy talking about Robinsons' leadership and he told a story about the 86 cup run I think it was. Roy was saying how he was playing well but every game he was letting in a bad goal, after one of the playoff games I think it was a loss he went to sit in the sauna by himself. He said there was a long hallway to the sauna and he looked up and saw Larry Robinson walking towards him, he opened up the door and got in the sauna he looked at Roy and said "No more bad goals" he then turned around got out of the sauna and walked away and he knew he had to step it up, they went on the win the cup. That's the kind of presence id' like to see behind the bench.

If this is a true story...it's kind of hilarious and scary at the same time!! (almost like a hockey version of ''Godfather''!!!!).

''I'm Larry Robinson...and I'm saying one thing...no more bad goals, you got it?'' (almost like a threat!! I think Mark Messier was like this when his teammates were slacking off...he'd give them so much ****). Hey, if it works...great!

My dream:
Lemaire as coach...again, and Larry Robinson as assistant coach.

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:46 AM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
If this is a true story...it's kind of hilarious and scary at the same time!! (almost like a hockey version of ''Godfather''!!!!).

''I'm Larry Robinson...and I'm saying one thing...no more bad goals, you got it?'' (almost like a threat!! I think Mark Messier was like this when his teammates were slacking off...he'd give them so much ****). Hey, if it works...great!

My dream:
Lemaire as coach...again, and Larry Robinson as assistant coach.
It was when roy's jersey was retired he was telling some old stories, I can't remember where I saw it, wish I could find it

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:13 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

is he not also one of scott gomez's childhood heros?

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Who would have thought it would take Marc Bergevin to bring Larry back home?
Man Marc Bergevin is already paying off.
Gainey regimen blocked the door on Larry, Marc Bergevin is goona kick it wide open for Larry.
THIS is surrounding yourself with GOOD PEOPLE
Much to my surprise, Robinson was also open to becoming the head coach in montreal before hiring martin. So I guess he wouldn't have minded to work with Gainey either.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:57 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
He then proceeded to give him a massage.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:06 AM
GoHomez

Quote:
Had Gauthier been GM back then, Robinson would be on a plane to Calgary a couple of days later.

GoHomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:08 AM
wedge

Robinson as an assistant coach? Any day of the week. That would be huge.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
fat tony had a good interview with robinson's agent a while back and his agent was basically saying that robinson had told gauthier he had significant interest in joining the habs. gauthier said he was interested and he'd get back to him and in spectacular gauthier fashion, never even got back to him.

from what i remember, the agent was basically saying that robinson was borderline begging for the job as his contract with jersey was finished. big bird was then promptly re-signed by the devils.

his agent was also waying that robinson was paying almost constant one-on-one attention to the devil's new defensive star, larsson, with results that everybody can see now. pre-injury, larsson was beast. imagine big bird mentoring subban

still, gauthier =
It's not up to the GM to dictate assistant coaches to the head coach. But don't let taht get in the way of your Gauthier bashing.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Saopolo123

It would be nice for defenceman like Subban and Beaulieau

Saopolo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:19 AM
onice

vCash: 50
That's a BS article from the Toronto Sun. They're misquoting Robinson's agent who was on TSN 990 yesterday speaking with Tony Marinaro. Big Tony asked him if Robinson was opened to coming to the Habs. The agent replied he is always opened to listening to the Habs.

Not the same thing as reported by The Sun.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
shutehinside

As much as I love the idea of Robinson being our defensive coach, isn't this putting the cart before the horse?

Shouldn't we hire a coach first and then it'll be his job to hire his assistants, not the GMs. Considering we dont have a coach, I think this is mostly pie in the sky talk right now. It's nice to hear he'd like to come back though. He'd definately be welcome behind the bench!

shutehinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
It's not up to the GM to dictate assistant coaches to the head coach. But don't let taht get in the way of your Gauthier bashing.
Pearn/Ladouceur?

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote