HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shooting High on Lundqvist's Glove Hand

Old
05-09-2012, 11:09 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Agreed. I don't see many other goalie's being so late on the glove that it just glances the leather and goes right in.
Here's why: When the Capitals have the puck, they don't try to carrel the puck or keep it on their stick an extra second or two, they see it, the puck touches the stick, and they blast it.

We don't have anyone with a lethal slapshot, they have 4.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:21 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/icetracker.htm?id=2011030216

select "goal trends"
then
View: net and defense.

20% for his glove hand looks good
I think the bigger problem are the type of goals he gives up glove side. Shots the hit his glove and go in.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 11:49 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I think the bigger problem are the type of goals he gives up glove side. Shots the hit his glove and go in.
That's a function of his style and isnt going to change. He uses a maximum size glove and always holds it open to increase surface area coverage. That's not the problem, but by "going big" like that and 100% "holding it open", you're slightly decreasing the quickness it can be moved, and leaving no margin for error on pucks that "tick" off the outside of the glove or off of the cheater (the plastic bit at the top). But is this really a problem? I doubt many of the glove high goals Lundqvist gives up are ones that tick off his glove.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramford View Post
The score would have been 6-2 Washington without Hank. Our first period was shocking.
So without Lundqvist we would score more?

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:56 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezequiel View Post
So without Lundqvist we would score more?
Why Ofcourse, silly. He'd be playing forward instead.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:26 AM
bumrusherer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post

We don't have anyone with a lethal slapshot, they have 4.
True words. Green has had some shots in this series that have been absolute rockets....our guys are firing change ups compared to that.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
MAYO

Nothing new about Hanks glove side, this is old news. But to point out his weaknesses is ludicrous. We would clearly be a 9th to 10th seed team without him. Sad to know that if he should let in 2 goals, let alone 3 that we can't win a game because of lack of scoring! their fourth line has better scoring chances then our top line!!!

MAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:34 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

His glove wasn't the problem on the first goal.

1 - Ovechkin was by himself in the slot. He SHOULD score from their on just about anyone. He could've smoked a cigarette before taking that shot, that's how alone he was.
2 - Lundqvist was moving from left to right and wasn't anticipating 8 being where he was, by himself.
3 - The puck missed Henrik entirely because the entire right portion of the net was open because of this movement.

That goal is a defensive breakdown. Just like the 2nd goal was. Tough to pin that on the goalie. The entire team in front of him just played a turd game.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:13 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
Nothing new about Hanks glove side, this is old news. But to point out his weaknesses is ludicrous. We would clearly be a 9th to 10th seed team without him. Sad to know that if he should let in 2 goals, let alone 3 that we can't win a game because of lack of scoring! their fourth line has better scoring chances then our top line!!!
It's not old news when for the first time a team blatantly targets his glove side in a series. That's what the playoffs are all about, when you play the same team game after game, you look for anything you can exploit, and the Caps think they've found something.

I don't think it's so much about Ovechkin's goal last night...I'm not even sure he targeted the glove side...seemed like he shanked the one-timer a little actually. But there have been a couple of goals this series that have obviously made the Caps think they've found something.

It's not that Hank's glove is terrible...it's just not at the same level as the rest of his game.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Chimp

Holtby's chest is apparently not a weakness, but we keep firing at it.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:52 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Holtby's chest is apparently not a weakness, but we keep firing at it.

I think holtby does a great job with his angles, and that is a big factor as to why all of our shots are hitting him in the chest.

We need to shoot quicker by not holding on to the puck as long

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
I think holtby does a great job with his angles, and that is a big factor as to why all of our shots are hitting him in the chest.

We need to shoot quicker by not holding on to the puck as long
The Rangers shoot, consistently, from bad angles. Its more about easy saves than Holtbe being "great" at anything.

Not to take anything away from him, he did make some nice saves last night, but the majority of the evening was a cakewalk.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:03 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The Rangers shoot, consistently, from bad angles. Its more about easy saves than Holtbe being "great" at anything.

Not to take anything away from him, he did make some nice saves last night, but the majority of the evening was a cakewalk.
I think it's more about the Rangers not getting enough traffic in front of Holtby. Too many guys standing to the side waving their stick in front of a shot or hoping for a rebound....or not being there at all. Get to the dirty area of the ice and disrupt Holtby's vision.

Too many Zherdevs doing fly-by's around the net.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote