HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-10-2012, 09:10 AM
NJDEVIL

vCash: 500
hey guys i'm here in peace as a fellow hockey fanatic. I just cannot believe the arrogance of Tortarella. he makes it so hard to appreciate or respect whats they've done this year. He really oughta be fired if they lose, because he's a black eye for the organization at this moment and the veterans don't trust him anymore, he's not being smart playing with 6 guys. He did the same thing in Tampa. Good luck rest of the way.

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
I'm done guys. Ive watched 97% of the games since the lockout so dont give me any bandwagon ****. But im done. I cant watch game 7 I dont think.

Tonight was the night that the Rangers had a chance to prove they have matured as a team. But they came with nothing tonight. Same old Rangers. I really believed in them before the start of this game. TOmorrow I congradulate the Deviles fans at work and bow out gracefuly while I can do so with dignity...much unline the effort put out by the Rangers tonight...

Hey NYR....... tonight you let your fans down. They all should be ashamed of themselves.
I don't know if all the fans should be ashamed of themselves, maybe just the ones prone to hyperbole......

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:14 AM
NYR2047
WebMD Trained Doctor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
I hear ya. And I agree completely. I'm thankful for the ride this season: #1 in the East, Winter Classic victory, Broadway Hat etc etc. So if/when the season ends, this team will always hold a special place for me. But it will really break my freaking heart if they go out because of lack of effort, lack of urgency, lack of physical play, lack of HEART.

Don't get it twisted, I still think we can win this series. But that was a hard game to watch. Sad and angry as a fan to see a loss that was seemingly avoidable with a little bit of heart.

Gonna hope for the best going into game 7. If you can't get up for a game 7, in your home building, with a rivalry matchup awaiting if you win, in the damn stanley cup playoffs... then you deserve to lose. Here's hoping for a fast start and the re-emergence of the things that made this team great during the year.

LET'S GO RANGERS!
I agree with post +1.... This is exactly what I was just saying with my friends over our morning coffees!

NYR2047 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Mother****. Is it impossible to build on big wins for this team?

Hockey is truly different here.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:15 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
This team is 6-1 when the series is tied.

4-0 on home ice in game 7s.

They better win lol.
All these statistics are going to mean zero on Saturday. Nothing lasts forever and unfortunately i think Saturday will be that day where we make a baboons arse of our season.

I hate being defeatist but i just cant help it, After last night this team has given me serious doubts about it's ability to close this series out.

Fact is,
-We can't score
-We can't create grade A scoring opportunities
-We refuse to screen Holtby or get any traffic in front of the net
-We are embarrassingly bad on the PP and its just a momentum killer
-We are giving up to many odd man rushes
-Our PK just isn't cutting it and the Caps take advantage of their PP's
-Torts, well lets just say his distribution of ice time is worrying

Now dont get me wrong, I want to say that we will come out Saturday and swarm the Caps and net a couple of goals in the first but that would be expecting something to happen in this series that hasn't happened yet.

I want to be wrong, **** i hope to god i am wrong.

I have just took last nights game pretty hard.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:16 AM
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDEVIL View Post
hey guys i'm here in peace as a fellow hockey fanatic. I just cannot believe the arrogance of Tortarella. he makes it so hard to appreciate or respect whats they've done this year. He really oughta be fired if they lose, because he's a black eye for the organization at this moment and the veterans don't trust him anymore, he's not being smart playing with 6 guys. He did the same thing in Tampa. Good luck rest of the way.
Agreed, getting the team to the top of the East, winning the Division and being a game away from the ECF is certainly a good reason to fire a the coach of a team who expected to just make the playoffs

Old
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Mother****. Is it impossible to build on big wins for this team?

Hockey is truly different here.
At least we get to see another epic Game 7 GDT from you

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

My God reading this thread makes me wonder why we should even play game 7, since apparently it's already a foregone conclusion we're going to lose.

Do incredibly unbearable sometimes...

Just relax for a little. I was just as pissed as anyone after last night effort but to shrug off this teams ability to show up when they truly need to is simply dismissing a big part of this team. They got caught thinking they'd won the series even if they put our a half-hearted effort, it happens.

We're at home Saturday and this team will be ready to go. Get the first goal and it's roses. The only thing that worries me going forward is since this is a low scoring team they have to play 7 games basically every series and it will wear on them.

05-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Yeah, hopefully we have different results than what he accomplished in Tampa, huh? You can't make this stuff up sometimes.

I know your series is over and it's time to start obsessing about the Rangers, but you should wait until we are actually IN the conference finals with you before you start trolling.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:25 AM
NJDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
Agreed, getting the team to the top of the East, winning the Division and being a game away from the ECF is certainly a good reason to fire a the coach of a team who expected to just make the playoffs

AGAIN, like i said HE makes it hard to appreciate what they've done......by behaving the way he does with the media. Obviously he did something right, they were very successful. But again this is the same thing he did in Tampa, I'm sorry but you have to be good to your players after you drilled them for 82 games, they aren't gonna put up with his crap anymore. Rupp hasn't seen any ice, and you can see he doesn't even wanna waste another breathe gettin into it with Washington players because he doesn't wanna fight for Torts anymore. IMO Sullivan has no business yelling into a players ear mid game the way he's been doing, these guys are not slaves. They worked hard and they got results.

my bad i wasnt trying to troll just good hockey talk. hate to see the coach blow it for the TEAM.

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:27 AM
SwedeAmerican

Am I the only one here who almost threw the remote through the TV after Chimera made that dopey face after he scored? IDK who I hate more...Chimera, Ovechkin, or those lame cap fans. All trolls...

SwedeAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
All these statistics are going to mean zero on Saturday. Nothing lasts forever and unfortunately i think Saturday will be that day where we make a baboons arse of our season.

I hate being defeatist but i just cant help it, After last night this team has given me serious doubts about it's ability to close this series out.

Fact is,
-We can't score
-We can't create grade A scoring opportunities
-We refuse to screen Holtby or get any traffic in front of the net
-We are embarrassingly bad on the PP and its just a momentum killer
-We are giving up to many odd man rushes
-Our PK just isn't cutting it and the Caps take advantage of their PP's
-Torts, well lets just say his distribution of ice time is worrying

Now dont get me wrong, I want to say that we will come out Saturday and swarm the Caps and net a couple of goals in the first but that would be expecting something to happen in this series that hasn't happened yet.

I want to be wrong, **** i hope to god i am wrong.

I have just took last nights game pretty hard.
Though I'm always the optimist and always look for the good in people and the team as a whole. It really is hard (giggity) to have faith in a team that constantly struggles to put forth the effort of a first place team.

You will not see Tortarella fired should we lose on Saturday. Sather and Dolan won't allow it after what he's accomplished in his tenure and it's my opinion that they'll both do what's necessary over the summer to give him the tools he needs to get the job done.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
AGAIN, like i said HE makes it hard to appreciate what they've done......by behaving the way he does with the media. Obviously he did something right, they were very successful. But again this is the same thing he did in Tampa, I'm sorry but you have to be good to your players after you drilled them for 82 games, they aren't gonna put up with his crap anymore. Rupp hasn't seen any ice, and you can see he doesn't even wanna waste another breathe gettin into it with Washington players because he doesn't wanna fight for Torts anymore. IMO Sullivan has no business yelling into a players ear mid game the way he's been doing, these guys are not slaves. They worked hard and they got results.

my bad i wasnt trying to troll just good hockey talk. hate to see the coach blow it for the TEAM.
2 things:

1) we really don't care how the rest of the league views us, or if we are appreciated. We're perfectly content just quietly muddling along and going about our business.

2) it's extremely difficult for an outsider to judge Tort's impact on this team unless they've followed all year. So apparently this team has stopped listening to him especially after the countless times where he's called a time out, or went to intermission, and they come back a completely different team.

Torts has done a wonderful job developing this team. If he doesn't want to dissect the game with those media animals he has every right to.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Trident61494

Quote:

This is part of Tortarellas system...it's gotten them to where they are. The problem is where they're going and is it good enough to get them there

Old
05-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:

Not being able to score amplifies everything. The consensus on this board through most of the season was that Torts had seemed to mellow some. Of course he had. The team was firing on 4 cylinders most of the season. Stingy D, Hank, and an offense that wasn't blazing but found ways to get things done. These guys probably had one of the most memorable games since the Matteu goal in '94 and then follow up with a complete lack of effort and/or interest. I can't really blame Torts for reverting back to his old ways (if that's what he's been doing).

Good luck against the Caps.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
FOD

Quote:
I will take a Stanley Cup with 6 guys.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

The ******* rollercoaster ride continues.

Its just a fact of life for Rangers fans that nothing comes easy. This team cant score enough to have any comfortable leads, its just the way they play - the entire year.

Last night. Throw it away, you have to. The Rangers just didnt have it for whatever reason, mental fatigue, physical fatigue. Whatever. They busted their ass all year to get home ice, now they have a chance to win 1 game at home to finally beat this ****ing Caps team.

I would be lying if i said I wasnt scared. I'd also be lying if i said I wasnt confident in this teams ability to rebound, because they done it several times throughout the year and playoffs. Forget the 3 OT game, forget the last second heroics. Forget the Ottawa series. 1 game. They are the 1 seed for a reason.

102 games including preseason we've seen. Make #103 the best. Best this Caps team once and for all and you've earned that chance to do it in front of your fans.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
mike14

Quote:

So you're saying that after 82 games and then being 1 win away from the ECF the players all just went "nup, not listening any more, I've had a gutful"? Sounds dubious at best and if it's true it says a heck of a lot more about the players then about Torts.

Don't get me wrong, Torts isn't perfect, but he's also not the root cause of why they lost game 6.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

By this point, nobody should ever expect the Rangers to blow out anybody. Teams get this far for a reason. The comp gets tougher.

The Rangers are being rewarded for being the best in the conference. Another Game 7 at home.

I can't fault fans for panicking and calling out players. Its a natural reaction.

Can you imagine if there were GDT's for Game 5 against the Devils or Canucks in 1994?

"Richter sucks. Messier is no leader. Leetch is soft. Trade Graves.l

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:03 AM
corduroyg

cant believe people think game 6 is a sign of how theyre gonna play game 7. they pulled a no show last nite, shocking considering the importance of the game, but it happens in the playoffs. rangers in '94 had a couple of very similar no shows in similar circumstances, game 5 against devils and game 6 against vancouver. this team has responded well to adversity all year, and they will again saturday nite. it doesnt guarantee theyre gonna win, but theyll play a tough inspired game, theres zero doubt in my mind.

corduroyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Not being able to score amplifies everything. The consensus on this board through most of the season was that Torts had seemed to mellow some. Of course he had. The team was firing on 4 cylinders most of the season. Stingy D, Hank, and an offense that wasn't blazing but found ways to get things done. These guys probably had one of the most memorable games since the Matteu goal in '94 and then follow up with a complete lack of effort and/or interest. I can't really blame Torts for reverting back to his old ways (if that's what he's been doing).

Good luck against the Caps.
Good luck against the Caps? Some fan you are. Sad thing is you cant even back up your feelings because I'll bet my house that even though the Rangers already lost, you'll be watching game 7.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:07 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Rangers are still alive. You take a chance for a Round 2 Game 7 every time. Beating the Caps in 7 is sweeter and more of a badge than steamrolling them.

Nothing is ever easy. Even the 1998 Yankees got a scare in the postseason. Sometimes early round dogfights can propel you to the Cup.

People love bringing up "Matteau Matteau" without remembering the trauma we sufferered as fans leading up to that point.

After Zelepukin scored, I walked to the store for a beer continously talking to myself aloud, "WHY do they keep doing this to me? WHY do they keep doing this to me? WHY do they keep doing this to me?"

A few hours later I was floating. Just floating.
Enjoy the experience, I say. You'll regret it if you dont

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:18 AM
MDL8981

Our chances of winning Game 7 mainly rely on Torts to stop being a fool. Reunite Kreider-Steps-Cally. Give Kreider major ice time like he was getting from Game 6 Ottawa thru Game 3 Washington.

Give me this:

Hagelin-Richards-Gabby
Kreider-Stepan-Cally

As our top 2. If this happens, we'll win. If he gives Kreider 5 minutes and has the same awful line combos he had last night....we'll lose.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
The ******* rollercoaster ride continues.

Its just a fact of life for Rangers fans that nothing comes easy. This team cant score enough to have any comfortable leads, its just the way they play - the entire year.

Last night. Throw it away, you have to. The Rangers just didnt have it for whatever reason, mental fatigue, physical fatigue. Whatever. They busted their ass all year to get home ice, now they have a chance to win 1 game at home to finally beat this ****ing Caps team.

I would be lying if i said I wasnt scared. I'd also be lying if i said I wasnt confident in this teams ability to rebound, because they done it several times throughout the year and playoffs. Forget the 3 OT game, forget the last second heroics. Forget the Ottawa series. 1 game. They are the 1 seed for a reason.

102 games including preseason we've seen. Make #103 the best. Best this Caps team once and for all and you've earned that chance to do it in front of your fans.

Are you secretly John Tortarella?

:-)

Old
05-10-2012, 10:23 AM
FOD

"I'm done guys. Ive watched 97% of the games since the lockout so dont give me any bandwagon ****. But im done. I cant watch game 7 I dont think.

Tonight was the night that the Rangers had a chance to prove they have matured as a team. But they came with nothing tonight. Same old Rangers. I really believed in them before the start of this game. TOmorrow I congradulate the Deviles fans at work and bow out gracefuly while I can do so with dignity...much unline the effort put out by the Rangers tonight...

Hey NYR....... tonight you let your fans down. They all should be ashamed of themselves."

I agree. And when they win on Saturday I'm going to route for the Devils. I can't stand how the Rangers played all year. Eastern Conference Champs. Game 7 of the 2nd round. With one of the younger, hard working teams in the league. I am done with them!!!!

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote