HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Would you dress Zucc Game 7 for PP?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2012, 10:52 AM
  #26
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
I cant wait till Zooks is on the ice again. With that said while he may be ready to play in 1-2 weeks his wrist will not be 100%. It could be 90% but that last 10% will take months of rest. In my case it took 2 years for my wrist to be 100%. It was 97% for a while but every once in a while I would feel a twinge of pain which every hockey player can live with and play through.
Good point. In fact I think this kind of injury will never recover 100%. But as you say, no problem to live with a twinge of pain now and then. The important thing is that the wrist is healed enought to sustain the pressure and movements you need to play hockey.

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:32 AM
  #27
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
If he can play close to 100% absolutely. You have a large menu of guys who can sit without hurting the team at all. You can sit Bickel and go with 5 D or Rupp or Boyle or Feds or Mitchell.

Doesn't really matter. Getting almost nothing out of these guys.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
  #28
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Expecting a guy to come off of an injury--after what 6 weeks?--and his first game back in is a do or die game 7 situation and expect he will change the whole dynamic of our pwp seems a little ridiculous. Our pwp by the way has not been horrible--we've scored 9 goals in 13 games which is at least somewhat respectable. Scoring five on five seems more the problem to me. We're not getting much from our bottom lines either.

Here's another thing--MZA has played in one NHL playoff game in his life. He's spent a good part of the past two seasons in the AHL--so he's kind of a borderline NHL'er at the moment and like it or not his size can be an issue and again throwing him into the lineup in a do or die situation after missing several weeks with an injury reeks of desperation. I don't think it would be smart at all.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:49 AM
  #29
Salsa Shark
Registered User
 
Salsa Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
I don't think we played the Devils in the 07 playoffs. We swept Atlanta and lost to Buffalo in 6, maybe you mean the year before that?
Yea in 06 playoff sweep against the Debs Jagr hurts his shoulder after trying to shove at Scott Gomez. Stopped shooting after that. Still put up 97 point in 06-07 but wasn't the same guy.

Salsa Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM
  #30
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
why would we play zucc? we already have somebody on the team that could potentially fix the power play, but torts does not trust him. if torts doesn't trust kreider, how is he going to trust somebody 1 foot shorter? we all know with torts size matters.

personally i'd like to see zucc replace mitchell, rupp, or feds, but it's not happening.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
  #31
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Good point. In fact I think this kind of injury will never recover 100%. But as you say, no problem to live with a twinge of pain now and then. The important thing is that the wrist is healed enought to sustain the pressure and movements you need to play hockey.
Well I can not speak for Zooks injury. Hopefully the doctors did a great job and he gives it enough time to heal as much as possible.

I can say I felt like you said about Zook that my wrist injury would never be 100%. It was around 98% for about the first 2 years with just occasional small twinges of pain. But since those 2 years I have not felt any pain at all so in my mind it did heal 100% after those initial 2 years of some small pain here and there.

NickyFotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
  #32
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
why would we play zucc? we already have somebody on the team that could potentially fix the power play, but torts does not trust him. if torts doesn't trust kreider, how is he going to trust somebody 1 foot shorter? we all know with torts size matters.

personally i'd like to see zucc replace mitchell, rupp, or feds, but it's not happening.
As great as Kreider might be and as good as Duby has been they do not give the same kind of creative dimension that Zooks can give the PP with his passing and vision. Its not that Zooks is a better player than they are. Its more that he would give a different additional dimension to the PP unit.

NickyFotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
  #33
JayQueensNY88*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
The PP is a joke we all know that, would you sit Rupp who gets less ice than Stu Bickel and give Zucc limited PP time to help our anemic PP in game 7? I have to think if he is even 75% I would consider dressing him, only play him on the PP. I doubt it could hurt at this point. I would love for Mitchell to be scratched, but we all know he has naked pics of Torts wife so he continues to play every game even getting PP time.

Here is Torts chance to actually make a move to try and help our team win via the PP cause we are just not getting it done.
U think dressing MZA is going to make a huge difference? All he is is another kid with no P.O expierience. Who is 5'0"..he will be invisible,im pretty sure of that

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
  #34
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,143
vCash: 500
Sign the Anthem singer John Whatshisname and get him standing in front of the net on PP's...be better than what we have in front right now LOL .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:59 PM
  #35
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,373
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
why would we play zucc? we already have somebody on the team that could potentially fix the power play, but torts does not trust him. if torts doesn't trust kreider, how is he going to trust somebody 1 foot shorter? we all know with torts size matters.

personally i'd like to see zucc replace mitchell, rupp, or feds, but it's not happening.
Torts was beginning to trust MZA before his injury. There is no reason to think he would change his mind suddenly because of size.

Tortorella has shown that he looks at the whole package, not just size, or only defensive responsibility, or only offensive capability. The whole package, including how a player is playing at that time.

When Kreider was playing well, he got more ice time. When he wasn't, he got less. Obviously there are things that the coach wants from his players that fans don't always know about or see. Tortorella has done extremely well this year managing players, both veterans and kids, and getting the most out of them. There is no reason to think he would avoid playing MZA if he's ready and able to play.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:13 PM
  #36
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
U think dressing MZA is going to make a huge difference? All he is is another kid with no P.O expierience. Who is 5'0"..he will be invisible,im pretty sure of that
Very intelligent post, I see you know a lot about hockey. Maybe if you could actually read you would understand that our PP has been our downfall this season and has been nonexistent at times during the playoffs. Last night we had numerous PP chances and no finish. Zucc was called up and instantly sparked our PP before he got hurt.

For all the morons out there Zucc DOES NOT NEED TO SHOOT, we need a playmaker who can distribute the puck and create a play. The only player we have doing that has been Richards. If Zucc is 75% I don't see the harm in sitting Rupp to give Zucc some PP time. His wrist could be protected with a brace and extra padding, its not like we are sending him out there without a glove and you have to be kidding me if people think players aren't playing with tons of injuries now.

Zucc has been skating for close to 2 weeks, I saw him passing and getting bumped by Prust yesterday in practice, he was not even in a non-contact jersey.

He should not see any even strength ice time, only PP time.

Your argument about no P.O. experience is a good one, guess we should just have benched Hagelin for the playoffs and never signed Kreider. Get the **** out of here.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
  #37
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
He's 2 weeks away from playing.

This thread should be closed/locked.
Funny cause he is skating with the team and is NOT in a non-contact jersey. Sorry people want to discuss this topic because he could potentially change our PP with limited ice time. If you want to close a thread become a moderator, but you come off like a fool for posting in it.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
  #38
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanErixon20 View Post
He's 2 weeks away from playing.

This thread should be closed/locked.
actually... that's not the case. he is AT MOST two weeks from playing. docs told him 6-8 weeks and he's at 6.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:45 PM
  #39
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
if he can't injure it and he can live with the pain i say put him in if he can pass the puck...i say dress him...let's go rangers!!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
  #40
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Mike Rupp played 5:09 yesterday. The caps had a total of 10 minutes on the penalty kill last night, if we played Zucc only on the PP with the first unit he would probably get 5-7 minutes tops... So we subtract a player who provides nothing and has done nothing this series, with a less than 100% PP specialist to ignite a PP that has been dreadful sans game 5. I really do not see how this is not a win/win.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
  #41
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Mike Rupp played 5:09 yesterday. The caps had a total of 10 minutes on the penalty kill last night, if we played Zucc only on the PP with the first unit he would probably get 5-7 minutes tops... So we subtract a player who provides nothing and has done nothing this series, with a less than 100% PP specialist to ignite a PP that has been dreadful sans game 5. I really do not see how this is not a win/win.
can you really see rupp getting taken out though?

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:07 PM
  #42
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,779
vCash: 500
I would dress him in a suit and give him a complimentary ticket to watch.

No way I dress a not-100% healthy player who hasn't been playing in over 6 weeks in a game 7 when that player has no playoff experience and is likely to not be given any ES time by the coach either (and be pulled off the PP the first time he makes a bad pass because... this is Torts we're talking about).

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:08 PM
  #43
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,278
vCash: 566
If he's got full strength in his wrist - YES...else NO

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:10 PM
  #44
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I would dress him in a suit and give him a complimentary ticket to watch.

No way I dress a not-100% healthy player who hasn't been playing in over 6 weeks in a game 7 when that player has no playoff experience and is likely to not be given any ES time by the coach either (and be pulled off the PP the first time he makes a bad pass because... this is Torts we're talking about).
we're speculating that he is healthy. his arm was sore like 3 days ago after taking shots. for all we know he's at least 100% by game time.

honestly i think the coach is the only reason zucc won't play, but he def makes more sense than rupp in this series. nobody has been instigating.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:55 PM
  #45
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
No way I dress a not-100% healthy player who hasn't been playing in over 6 weeks in a game 7 when that player has no playoff experience and is likely to not be given any ES time by the coach either (and be pulled off the PP the first time he makes a bad pass because... this is Torts we're talking about).
Playoff experience means so much these days... In this series alone see:
Hagelin
Kreider
and lets not forget Holtby

Stop with the playoff experience excuse, its an excuse and nothing more

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 12:28 AM
  #46
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Expecting a guy to come off of an injury--after what 6 weeks?--and his first game back in is a do or die game 7 situation and expect he will change the whole dynamic of our pwp seems a little ridiculous. Our pwp by the way has not been horrible--we've scored 9 goals in 13 games which is at least somewhat respectable. Scoring five on five seems more the problem to me. We're not getting much from our bottom lines either.

Here's another thing--MZA has played in one NHL playoff game in his life. He's spent a good part of the past two seasons in the AHL--so he's kind of a borderline NHL'er at the moment and like it or not his size can be an issue and again throwing him into the lineup in a do or die situation after missing several weeks with an injury reeks of desperation. I don't think it would be smart at all.
No one has talked about him coming back for game 7. He will not be ready until about the middle of round 3 if the Rangers advance....

Say the Rangers are down a game or two againt NJ when he comes back, what harm could it do to dress him?

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:02 AM
  #47
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Mike Rupp played 5:09 yesterday. The caps had a total of 10 minutes on the penalty kill last night, if we played Zucc only on the PP with the first unit he would probably get 5-7 minutes tops... So we subtract a player who provides nothing and has done nothing this series, with a less than 100% PP specialist to ignite a PP that has been dreadful sans game 5. I really do not see how this is not a win/win.
Rupp is also a guy whos won 2 Stanley Cups and has scored a Cup clinching goal in the Stanley Cup Finals.and you want to take him out for a guy coming off a major wrist injury for 3-4 minutes at max in a game 7 because he can pass the puck?

makes sense to me,lets do it!

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:13 AM
  #48
gardenparty
Registered User
 
gardenparty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Rupp is also a guy whos won 2 Stanley Cups and has scored a Cup clinching goal in the Stanley Cup Finals.and you want to take him out for a guy coming off a major wrist injury for 3-4 minutes at max in a game 7 because he can pass the puck?

makes sense to me,lets do it!
I agree. IMO Rupp has been one of the more energetic Ranger forwards. Is he a threat to score? Not really, but he can create space for some of our skilled forwards.

He's a big body. I would park his ass in front of Holtby, thereby blocking his sightlines and forcing Cap defensemen to expend energy trying to move him.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:40 AM
  #49
anofsti
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 258
vCash: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
U think dressing MZA is going to make a huge difference? All he is is another kid with no P.O expierience. Who is 5'0"..he will be invisible,im pretty sure of that
He does have SEL playoff experience, AHL playoff experience, World Championship experience AND Olympic experience.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:38 AM
  #50
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Playoff experience means so much these days... In this series alone see:
Hagelin
Kreider
and lets not forget Holtby

Stop with the playoff experience excuse, its an excuse and nothing more
That's all fine but Hagelin played with the team all year--Torts has more reason to trust him because he knows him better and the team exploits his speed against other teams. Kreider arguably only got to play because of lack of forward depth after Hags got suspended and it became a choice between him and John Scott--and Holtby's opportunity came because of late season injuries to Vokoun and Neuvirth. Kreider was really a backup plan and Holtby was a lucky accident and to be honest Holtby's had a couple cracks already--has played great for a while and then lost it. This is his most sustained period of success and it doesn't hurt that his defense has circled the wagons around him.

As for MZA--no way I'm putting him in a Game 7--if you're talking Game 2 or 3 in the next round (if we make it) then maybe--depending but I think some people need to keep in mind there's a good reason why he's had such a hard time making the NHL--he's a creative player but his size and defensive awareness can be exploited by the opposition. And the fact is that creative as he is--he's not going to necessarily make the pwp that much better. He had 3 points in 10 games with us this year.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.