HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Ticket Prices & Availability (PART II)

Old
05-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Rangers2319

vCash: 500
prices have dropped a bit and have gone lower it better sections than mine for what I sold them at, im glad mine sold before game 6 ended. Some of those buyers feared prices would appreciate like they did last series

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Abooch68

Deleted..

Last edited by Abooch68: 05-10-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Abooch68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
KaOTiKM3

I have a pair, Sec 316, row D on the aisle. hard tix or email. Make an offer via PM that is comparable to market rate. thanks.

KaOTiKM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
toastbag

There are almost 3,000 tickets available on stub hub. That absolutely sickens me. Everyone cares more about making money than going to the game. That's why people like me who would love to go to the game are stuck watching it from home. It sucks!

toastbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Giacomin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toastbag View Post
There are almost 3,000 tickets available on stub hub. That absolutely sickens me. Everyone cares more about making money than going to the game. That's why people like me who would love to go to the game are stuck watching it from home. It sucks!
Not all of those tickets are for sale. I was just talking at work to 2 other STH,s who have there seats listed on SH and both have every intention of going but list them super high and if the market allows they will make a nice profit.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Rangers2319

Quote:
There is so much I could say about that statement, both supporting it and arguing with it

Rangers2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bickel41 View Post
Not all of those tickets are for sale. I was just talking at work to 2 other STH,s who have there seats listed on SH and both have every intention of going but list them super high and if the market allows they will make a nice profit.
Truth.

Old
05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
There is so much I could say about that statement, both supporting it and arguing with it
and truth.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:11 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Don't read too much into that. If there are so many tickets listed on Saturday, then you won't be stuck at home because they're going to be available for under $100.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of brokers who own rights to seats (including apparently the majority of the West Balcony). Then you have guys with 2 or 4 seats in their accounts who may only want to go by themselves and figure they can fund their single plus beer free and clear by selling the others. Then you have people who can't afford full playoff strips and need to pay off some of the expense, and of course you have those that just bought as many ticketmaster tickets as they could get their hands on in the presale and game 7 was what they had most available.

Sure there are people who are taking the money instead of going, but it's nowhere near 3000

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:23 PM
bigbluebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyrule View Post
I wouldn't buy any tickets off of stubhub untill tomorrow. Ticket prices keep dropping. It's better to wait untill people start getting desperate to get rid of tickets.

Agree. Craigslist too--for those who are "braver"(lol)--I've got awesome deals day of on both.

bigbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
theyankeesguy*

Send a message via AIM to theyankeesguy*
I really highly doubt that the market on StubHub dips below $100. And the inventory on StubHub is irrelevant right now. So many people overprice there tickets with the intent to go unless someone bites at a crazy price.

Demand didn't really seem to cave for game 7 against the Sens IMO and this is a Saturday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
Don't read too much into that. If there are so many tickets listed on Saturday, then you won't be stuck at home because they're going to be available for under $100.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of brokers who own rights to seats (including apparently the majority of the West Balcony). Then you have guys with 2 or 4 seats in their accounts who may only want to go by themselves and figure they can fund their single plus beer free and clear by selling the others. Then you have people who can't afford full playoff strips and need to pay off some of the expense, and of course you have those that just bought as many ticketmaster tickets as they could get their hands on in the presale and game 7 was what they had most available.

Sure there are people who are taking the money instead of going, but it's nowhere near 3000

theyankeesguy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:05 PM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
I had committed to something saturday night, 6 months ago. So, I sold mine on stubhub. Is there something wrong with that? Makes it easier for people like you to go to a game, all you have to do is pay for it. If you can't afford it, too bad. That's life. Why should I apologize for making money on these tickets?

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:11 PM
theyankeesguy*

2 for Game 7 -315, J

I have a pair, Sec 315, row J. Hard tix or Email. On Side of the goal Rangers shoot 2x. Make an offer via PM that is comparable to market rate. thanks.

Paypal or NYC, LI transfer. Thanks.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
bigbluebird

Yeah, I agree. I've gotten great deals on stub hub. I guess it's a double edged sword? SH is awesome compared to the other major ticket exchanges that I know of anyway--that charge you like 30 dollars no matter what the ticket price.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:29 PM
bigbluebird

Just got an awesome deal on CL. Again, if you're smart about it and live in the area, check it out. You can even make requests for tix you're looking for.

ETA: For Game 7, to be clear.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Giacomin

If anyone needs 4 together 339 Row J PM me.
I might be going with a friend in another section and MSG should be crazy. This is only the 5th game 7 at home in Rangers history and they are 4-0 and I am confident they will be 5-0 after Saturday
LGR!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:28 PM
goalie dude
Rookie User

Anyone selling 2 tix at a decent rate for a fellow HF ranger fan??

Lets go!!

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Abooch68

anybody know how much ticketmaster face value for this round was in the 300s center?

Old
05-10-2012, 10:38 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
anybody know how much ticketmaster face value for this round was in the 300s center?
just look on the page, all the prices are there
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004874A73A5C83

Seems like prices have gone up, right now they are:

300's Pricing (inc fees):
$180.50
$200.50
$226.00

Which is odd because I got 300 near center for $137.50 (face $122 + $15.50 fee)

Old
05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
lost35*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Question for some of you stubhub users...

3. How is the seller protected in case the buyer decides to be shady and "claim" he got fake tickets, assuming you get paid once the game completes?
this is the "flaw" in stubhub

I sell tons of tickets on stubhub, it is basically my source of income

basically a buyer can be a *****, and claim their tickets were bogus, in that case Stubhub will hit you with a chargeback unless you get a "scan report" from Madison Square Garden, basically with the scan report it will show when the tickets were scanned and how many times it was scanned, a scan report still proves nothing, it is just Stubhub wants you to do some work to "prove" your innocence

Like I said it is basically the flaw in Stubhub and it is basically the honor system, with Stubhub charging the insane fees that they do, in cases they can not prove the buyer or seller are lying they have to just play neutral and write it as a loss, as long as you do work to "prove" your innocence

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Abooch68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost35 View Post
this is the "flaw" in stubhub

I sell tons of tickets on stubhub, it is basically my source of income

basically a buyer can be a *****, and claim their tickets were bogus, in that case Stubhub will hit you with a chargeback unless you get a "scan report" from Madison Square Garden, basically with the scan report it will show when the tickets were scanned and how many times it was scanned, a scan report still proves nothing, it is just Stubhub wants you to do some work to "prove" your innocence

Like I said it is basically the flaw in Stubhub and it is basically the honor system, with Stubhub charging the insane fees that they do, in cases they can not prove the buyer or seller are lying they have to just play neutral and write it as a loss, as long as you do work to "prove" your innocence
hmmm and MSG provides people with these "scan reports?" Also couldn't the buyer just print out a bunch of copies and sell them to other people and the scan report will show different times of the scan and still make it meaningless?

Old
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
hmmm and MSG provides people with these "scan reports?" Also couldn't the buyer just print out a bunch of copies and sell them to other people and the scan report will show different times of the scan and still make it meaningless?
I'd be curious to know too how co-operative MSG, the Jets, Giants, whoever are with that sort of information as it facilitates third party resellers that they lose potential income from.

There's also another hole in the system, you can say you got the FedEx envelope but the package was empty. Where my tickets at??????

Conversely, you can send an empty envelope and swear the tickets were in there. He's lying, fools!!!!

Old
05-10-2012, 11:19 PM
lost35*

Quote:
no they do not, from what I have heard it is nearly impossible to get a scan report from MSG

and like I said, that is why a "scan report" proves nothing, but basically stubhub wants you to do some work to prove your innocence, and this is the flaw in stubhub, and this is their 1 justification for their insane fees because in cases they can not prove the seller or buyer are lying they have to play neutral and take the loss

I have had a bunch of cases where I got a chargeback as the buyers were "rejected" but in most cases I was able to get a scan report from the venues, however I heard certain venues it is nearly impossible to get them and I know MSG is one, basically they do not want to get involved in ticket scalping issues and they know if someone is asking for a scan report, it is most likely for an issue with scalping

for this reason is why I almost never buy "e-tickets" as the risk of fraud is to big, however I have heard cases where "regular" tickets also were denied, but with e-tickets it is really the honor system and anyone can be a scammer and get away with it

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 02:20 AM
theyankeesguy*

Not odd, it's dynamic pricing. But I'm not really sure how they gauge when to up the prices. Perhaps they base it on the secondary market prices. If anything goes on sale, then TicketMaster gets more money and less to StubHub if the person decides to resell it. Someone has got to compete with SH and looks like TM can control the secondary ticket market is they want.

Advantage Season Ticket Holders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
just look on the page, all the prices are there
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004874A73A5C83

Seems like prices have gone up, right now they are:

300's Pricing (inc fees):
$180.50
$200.50
$226.00

Which is odd because I got 300 near center for $137.50 (face $122 + $15.50 fee)

Old
05-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Blueshirt67

Quote:
I will be there on saturday night but I wouldnt feel guilty if I sold my $112 tickets for $350 each. I have a 6000 dollar bill to pay for next season and a potential 4800 bill for all of this years playoff tickets. So dont assume everyone selling their tickets for exorbitant prices is getting rich and doesnt care about the Rangers. I'm sure there are a lot of die hard sth's that need to scrape together a lot of money by Sunday morning when they may get billed for the next round.

Blueshirt67 is offline   Reply With Quote