HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robinson open to joining Habs "would like to return to Montreal"

Old
05-10-2012, 07:49 AM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Sounds like a great assistant coach. Muller and him would have been an incredible duo.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:31 AM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Parise and Robinson for Gomez

Do it Marky Mark

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Beendair Donedat

Robinson would be great. Lemaire would not be. Lemaire is Gauthier only he had Brodeur and company for his horrible trap years. Lemaire has done more to ruin hockey than help. The trap sucks. All for Robinson though, he'd be great.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:32 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Robinson be a good go between the players and coach. If somebody like Carbonneau is head coach

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:46 AM
idk

I'd take Larry, but only as an assistant. He's never seemed comfortable as a head coach (I believe he resigned from his last head coaching gig due to stress) and we need to stop the revolving door of coaches here. I do believe he could do miracles for Subban - they both play a similar style of game (fast and offensive with a smattering of physical contact - Larry was more physical mind you, and looked much better beating the tar out of Schultz than Subban looked swinging wildly at Bergeron)

idk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:57 AM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
fat tony had a good interview with robinson's agent a while back and his agent was basically saying that robinson had told gauthier he had significant interest in joining the habs. gauthier said he was interested and he'd get back to him and in spectacular gauthier fashion, never even got back to him.

from what i remember, the agent was basically saying that robinson was borderline begging for the job as his contract with jersey was finished. big bird was then promptly re-signed by the devils.

his agent was also waying that robinson was paying almost constant one-on-one attention to the devil's new defensive star, larsson, with results that everybody can see now. pre-injury, larsson was beast. imagine big bird mentoring subban

still, gauthier =
Incredible that Montreal did not jump on the opportunity. Robinson helped so many defensemen through his years to become much better. He helped Chelios, Blake, and even Stevens became a better defenseman when Robinson went to NJ. We have so many young D getting ready to come up the ranks that he could get the most out of them and build a squad close to the 70's in depth maybe not the same high quality that were the big three though.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Robinson would be great. Lemaire would not be. Lemaire is Gauthier only he had Brodeur and company for his horrible trap years. Lemaire has done more to ruin hockey than help. The trap sucks. All for Robinson though, he'd be great.
Lemaire is Gauthier?

Jesus Christ people Like to make up the dumbest of things.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:01 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
correct me if im wrong but this is the first time someone in a managing/coaching position "asks" to join the habs? it's really a new era under bergevin.

I wasnt sold when they first announced him as gm, but things like this are making me reconsider

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZARTONK View Post
correct me if im wrong but this is the first time someone in a managing/coaching position "asks" to join the habs? it's really a new era under bergevin.

I wasnt sold when they first announced him as gm, but things like this are making me reconsider
I think people may have underestimated, or simply forgot, how having a well respected man throughout the league can help.
We often said Gainey always failed in bringing UFAs. It'll be interesting to see if we attract big names easier now that we seem to have someone who's well respected among his peers.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Lemaire is Gauthier?

A thousand apologies oh perfect one. I meant to write that Lemaire was essentially the exact same thing as Martin with more success. Same boring trap style hockey.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saopolo123 View Post
It would be nice for defenceman like Subban and Beaulieau
it would be nice for all our d core....Larry was a great overall defenceman and has made the Devil's mediocore defence look spectacular

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

Robinson did so several times in the Gainey/Gauthier era

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:39 AM
habitue*

Quote:

That's not the proper word to use.

His agent said that he would be INTERESTED and LISTEN if he got an offer.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 11:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
That's not the proper word to use.

His agent said that he would be INTERESTED and LISTEN if he got an offer.
I really have NO IDEA how people really do it on purpose to just not listen carefully. Do people really think that while his team is in the playoffs, that Robinson really stated that he wants to join the Habs? He will listen. Just like most people would, even the ones who wouldn't join the Habs.

The story is is that Robinson asked a few times and our brillant management didn't even want to return the call. Nothing surprising really, when Lemaire thought he had the job, he didn't know he didn't until Martin gave his press conference. Not returning the call was normal business from our classy management.

Would Robinson be interested? I guess. Was he interested? Obviously. But right now, Robinson didn't state anything as far as today is concerned. All started with a Team990 interview and then every other journalists is trying to spin it the way it's not suppose to be spinned. How the heck would a guy claim he wants an assistant-coach job when he has no idea who the coach will be and how he'll be with him?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I really have NO IDEA how people really do it on purpose to just not listen carefully. Do people really think that while his team is in the playoffs, that Robinson really stated that he wants to join the Habs? He will listen. Just like most people would, even the ones who wouldn't join the Habs.

The story is is that Robinson asked a few times and our brillant management didn't even want to return the call. Nothing surprising really, when Lemaire thought he had the job, he didn't know he didn't until Martin gave his press conference. Not returning the call was normal business from our classy management.

Would Robinson be interested? I guess. Was he interested? Obviously. But right now, Robinson didn't state anything as far as today is concerned. All started with a Team990 interview and then every other journalists is trying to spin it the way it's not suppose to be spinned. How the heck would a guy claim he wants an assistant-coach job when he has no idea who the coach will be and how he'll be with him?

WhiteSnake, i think it's pretty clear as to what his agent said.
He went way past the "will listen if they make an offer"!
It's to the point his agent says LARRRY WANTS to come to Montreal, but that will be up to the new coach.

Quote:
"Larry would like to return to Montreal because the right people are in place, the conditions are good and because it is the right job for him," Cape said. "We know Marc Bergevin and the Molson family, these are professional people. But it will be the next coach to determine if he wants Larry."

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:49 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Lemaire is Gauthier?

Lemaire is closer to JM stlyle hockey, that already killed Bell Centre!!!

Anyone thinking Habs bringing in Lemaire ,after JM protect a one goal loss style that killed the fans?

CraZY

Last edited by Habaneros: 05-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

If Montreal gets Lemaire and plays the trap it will be the lowest point in my fandom for the Canadiens in my entire life

LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE View Post
If Montreal gets Lemaire and plays the trap it will be the lowest point in my fandom for the Canadiens in my entire life
Wins are all that counts, if Lemaire = wins for the CH I'm all up for it.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Lemaire as the initial HC, with Roy as the assistant Coach clearly pointed and groomed as the successor.

That would be awesome.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

The NHL is a lot more defensive than it was just after lockout. If you want to ice offensive team like Washington did well never win.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
I think people may have underestimated, or simply forgot, how having a well respected man throughout the league can help.
We often said Gainey always failed in bringing UFAs. It'll be interesting to see if we attract big names easier now that we seem to have someone who's well respected among his peers.
Nobody in this league was more respected among his peers than Gainey.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
NJHABFAN

hey guys i used to date Don Capes daughter and still speak to her and she told me her dad said Larry wants to be here in MTL especially with the new managment.....

NJHABFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE View Post
I want a Stanley Cup. I don't care what strategy you use to get it.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Bullsmith

He's an outstanding defensive coach. He seems to prefer it to being a head coach. Love to bring him in, of course, but really it's moot until a head coach is named.

Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 03:22 PM
NewHabsEra*

Robinson as coach of our defensemen would be an amazing news.. I really hope it happens..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote