HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Emelin injured shoulder at WC (UPDATE: Bruised shoulder)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-10-2012, 04:06 PM
  #76
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
All I'm saying, is that so far, like Weber, he still hasn't shown he's a NHL caliber dman. I have no problem if we keep him as our 7th or 8th dman, but if he's considered as a starter next year, we're in serious trouble.
I'd put your scouting abilities in the same category as Gauthier's when he was rating McDonagh.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:52 PM
  #77
Harpo
Lyle forever
 
Harpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Cannot believe some people are bashing Emelin in this thread. He was one of the very few reasons I enjoyed watching the Habs last year. He had his problems, but it was his first year in NA. I understand he's older, but I would trade 5 Weber to get one Emelin on our squad.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why they kept on using Campoli over Emelin on the PP at the end of the season, when we all know that CC won't be back and that the season was over. Why? WHY? How many PP minutes Emelin had all season?

EDIT 2: Emelin had 11:31 Power play minutes all season. That's 3 times less than Gorges, and 1 minute more than St-Denis, who only played 17 games.


Last edited by Harpo: 05-10-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:35 PM
  #78
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,386
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
He will be fine he is a strong Russian guy, strong like bull.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
  #79
Pr3Va1L
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 609
vCash: 500
Still looks like the same injury he had at the end of the season... Hope he didn't make it worse !

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
  #80
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant
 
VAN-HAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Port Moody BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Cannot believe some people are bashing Emelin in this thread. He was one of the very few reasons I enjoyed watching the Habs last year. He had his problems, but it was his first year in NA. I understand he's older, but I would trade 5 Weber to get one Emelin on our squad.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why they kept on using Campoli over Emelin on the PP at the end of the season, when we all know that CC won't be back and that the season was over. Why? WHY? How many PP minutes Emelin had all season?

EDIT 2: Emelin had 11:31 Power play minutes all season. That's 3 times less than Gorges, and 1 minute more than St-Denis, who only played 17 games.
Actually there is just one poster who is bashing Emelin. He is bashing any Russian player, not just Emelin.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 09:03 PM
  #81
Harpo
Lyle forever
 
Harpo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Actually there is just one poster who is bashing Emelin. He is bashing any Russian player, not just Emelin.
You're actually right.

That's what you get from reading threads too fast and not actually looking at who's posting.

Harpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:10 PM
  #82
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,641
vCash: 500
Apparently he was healthy enough to troll the entire nation of Sweden.


Like a boss.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
  #83
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
Cannot believe some people are bashing Emelin in this thread. He was one of the very few reasons I enjoyed watching the Habs last year. He had his problems, but it was his first year in NA. I understand he's older, but I would trade 5 Weber to get one Emelin on our squad.

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why they kept on using Campoli over Emelin on the PP at the end of the season, when we all know that CC won't be back and that the season was over. Why? WHY? How many PP minutes Emelin had all season?

EDIT 2: Emelin had 11:31 Power play minutes all season. That's 3 times less than Gorges, and 1 minute more than St-Denis, who only played 17 games.
I hope whoever the new coach will give him a serious look on the PP. I couldnt for the life of me figure out why he got so little time last year, when it was evident that he has the offensive capabilities to man the point, way more than Gorges for instance.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
  #84
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I hope whoever the new coach will give him a serious look on the PP. I couldnt for the life of me figure out why he got so little time last year, when it was evident that he has the offensive capabilities to man the point, way more than Gorges for instance.
Trying to keep his contract demands down

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:22 PM
  #85
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Trying to keep his contract demands down
they have no influence on the russian NT coach though

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 06:26 PM
  #86
Atas2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Apparently he was healthy enough to troll the entire nation of Sweden.


Like a boss.
It's nothing serious. Just bruised muscles. He's healthy. He's scoring. All well in mother Russia.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2012, 07:48 PM
  #87
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Actually there is just one poster who is bashing Emelin. He is bashing any Russian player, not just Emelin.
Markov is probably my favorite player, or at least he was when he was playing.

And I'm not bashing Emelin. People were actually bashing Campoli for exemple this year, but he still had a better season than Emelin. And I also really liked him at first because of the hits, but he doesn't bring much of anything besides those hits, including grit and defensive play.

And I can see some upside, since he had some good moments this year, but the more icetime he got, the weaker was our defense. To the point that at the end of the season, they started giving his icetime to Frederic St-Denis, who is no Larry Robinson, and it stabilized our defense a lot.

Our D will probably suck again next year, so him, Weber and St-Denis will fight for a roster spot, but one of them will have to step up his game, or we'll miss the playoffs again.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:15 PM
  #88
THE HOFF
Registered User
 
THE HOFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Markov is probably my favorite player, or at least he was when he was playing.

And I'm not bashing Emelin. People were actually bashing Campoli for exemple this year, but he still had a better season than Emelin. And I also really liked him at first because of the hits, but he doesn't bring much of anything besides those hits, including grit and defensive play.

And I can see some upside, since he had some good moments this year, but the more icetime he got, the weaker was our defense. To the point that at the end of the season, they started giving his icetime to Frederic St-Denis, who is no Larry Robinson, and it stabilized our defense a lot.

Our D will probably suck again next year, so him, Weber and St-Denis will fight for a roster spot, but one of them will have to step up his game, or we'll miss the playoffs again.
I honestly don't know how someone can come up with that thought.

I find your rethoric broken, for countless reasons. One of them is that you ignore the progression emelin had throughout the year, and that he brought much needed energy and grit to a soft defence (that includes campoli of course) and that his play stabilized as the year went on and not the other way around.

If you want to point out the problem in our defence, its not about the only guy who is finally making it hard for the other team to enter our zone, its about all those soft players shy to go in the corners that are supposed to be SO good with the puck, mobile ect... when they actually are a little above average at best (and mind you, what's speed going to add if they throw in the emergency break to let the opponent go in the corner first and get the puck ?) . Weber, campoli, kaberle, diaz ... same mold. Id keep diaz and flush the rest for a decent top 4.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
  #89
kassian
Registered User
 
kassian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,994
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Markov is probably my favorite player, or at least he was when he was playing.

And I'm not bashing Emelin. People were actually bashing Campoli for exemple this year, but he still had a better season than Emelin.
No. Campoli guy was an utter failure of a signing, reason why he probably won't get a job next season in the NHL (Emelin will). I watched about 70 games this season and in each one that Campoli has played, I'd count at least one turnover which resulted in a scoring opportunity for the opposing team. It's a disgrace he was a regular on the 2nd wave of the PP. The fact that St-Denis played one less minute than Emelin on the PP with only 17 games is just surreal.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 12:35 PM
  #90
WolfgangAmadeusEller*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Apparently he was healthy enough to troll the entire nation of Sweden.


Like a boss.
That's my boy!

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:21 PM
  #91
Dekar
Registered User
 
Dekar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bound Kingdom
Posts: 5,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
Markov is probably my favorite player, or at least he was when he was playing.

And I'm not bashing Emelin. People were actually bashing Campoli for exemple this year, but he still had a better season than Emelin. And I also really liked him at first because of the hits, but he doesn't bring much of anything besides those hits, including grit and defensive play.

And I can see some upside, since he had some good moments this year, but the more icetime he got, the weaker was our defense. To the point that at the end of the season, they started giving his icetime to Frederic St-Denis, who is no Larry Robinson, and it stabilized our defense a lot.

Our D will probably suck again next year, so him, Weber and St-Denis will fight for a roster spot, but one of them will have to step up his game, or we'll miss the playoffs again.

Dekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
  #92
Schwang
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Kingston, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
I hope whoever the new coach will give him a serious look on the PP. I couldnt for the life of me figure out why he got so little time last year, when it was evident that he has the offensive capabilities to man the point, way more than Gorges for instance.
You said it yourself. The genius coaching staff we had somehow felt Gorges had offensive capabilities. I cringed every time they had him out on the blueline while Emelin sat. Gee, why did we finish 29th on the PP? So glad they are gone now!

Also, for all those Emelin bashers (well, all 2 of you) - the guy was a physical presence, blocked shots, one of the top hitters in the league, despite playing less than the leaders. He also showed a bit of offensive talent joinining the rush. Yes his plus minus wasn't great and I think he needs work clearing the front, but I haven't seen a Hab hit like that in a very long time! He will be the next Odelein (without the fighting, but with more offence). I think near the end, he was playing hurt and his play suffered. I didn't like him partnered with Markov either. Hopefully they can gell next season. Maybe it was a combo of him being hurt and Markov being rusty. God, I hope Markov can bounce back!

Schwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:26 PM
  #93
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
I thought the Emelin-Diaz pair were becoming pretty good before Diaz got hurt. Make that the third pairing

Gorges Subban
Markov ???
Emelin Diaz

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 03:30 PM
  #94
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I thought the Emelin-Diaz pair were becoming pretty good before Diaz got hurt. Make that the third pairing

Gorges Subban
Markov ???
Emelin Diaz
Gorges-Subban
Markov-Jackman
Emelin-Diaz

Trade Kaberle to San Jose for a 2nd round pick.

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.