HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Capitals

Old
05-10-2012, 04:20 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I think the Caps had something to do with the Rangers losing game 6.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
That is something that has to be decided in that locker room.
Oh I agree, definitely not an on ice issue...but should they have waited this long to really ask themselves if this is the right way to go? Of course the coach thinks so. And if the GM and owner didn't think so, they wouldnt have hired him.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 04:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2319 View Post
Some of you guys who are not into sports gambling and dont follow it, it has been really interesting to see where public money is on a certain team and it has surprisingly been a great tell as to who will win certain games. Remember vegas rarely loses money so they will suck in that public money.
Vegas wins by creating lines that draws equal action on both sides of a game.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
I think the Caps had something to do with the Rangers losing game 6.
That's crazy talk. Don't you know what we only lose on fluke goals, complete mistakes, and bad coaching?

Also ref bias. Don't forget that.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:14 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The Caps scored two goals.

We scored one goal with Stepan playing with Prust and Feds, Kreider playing with Mitchell and Rupp, and Boyle playing with Cally and Arty.

The Caps played well but we really didn't help our cause.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Where does everybody not see the effort not being put in? Was I watching a different game? I saw a hell of an effort from Hank(as usual).

They lost by A GOAL. I get it was scored at the end of the game. The sky is still over my head....

The Caps looked like a desperate hockey team. Sometimes you have to admit when the OTHER TEAM does a little bit more.Maybe give them some credit which hardly happens here.

What the **** makes anyone think Torts is going to be fired? Stop eating paint chips.

And to question the heart of this team is foolhardy, they have proven time and again how resilient they are.

Game 7. It gets no better, at the World's Most Famous Arena. Get PUMPED about that.

Game 6 is over quit loathing and basking in what has already happened.

LETS ****ING GO RANGERS!!!

You're missing the point totally and I'm not a DB and don't mean to sound like one above or below...

I'm not questioning the effort of any single player. Because there have been games where the Rangers put forth their system and were all but unbeatable however you can't stand there and tell me that AS A TEAM they played well on Wednesday and if you do you are crazy. Henke will always put forth a great effort. But has Gabby? Has Richards? Even Callahan? I can't speak for everyone but my biggest issue is that hockey being a TEAM Sport, you have to play like a cohesive unit. Wednesday it wasn't and shouldn't be an argument. They have played this way in the regular season and in the playoffs before (although not this bad in some time) that is really what I'm talking about. I will ALWAYS love this team and this sport more than any other. But to not get disheartened when you team does t put a complete effort in and in the end disappoints you, one has every right to be upset. Some people saying that they'll never watch them again is plain silliness.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Rangers1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
That's crazy talk. Don't you know what we only lose on fluke goals, complete mistakes, and bad coaching?

Also ref bias. Don't forget that.

Yeah guys, we beat ourselves more than the other team. It has nothing to do with having only two talents worth a **** on offense.

Rangers1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Arggghhh these guys also ruined my weekend. Can't go out Saturday night now. Must watch Game 7.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:00 PM
bigbluebird

Social life? During the playoffs? WUT?? lol

bigbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Kershaw

Going to lock myself in my room with containers of ice cream for the next 3 days. Brb.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluebird View Post
Its probably for the best. I'm 0-2 watching games with my friends.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Looks like a good thing I missed the game last night.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Holtby seems to come from the Marc Andre Fleury school of goaltending. Embellishes every single glove save. And then Doc procedes to screech into the mic "GRABBED BY HOLTBY!! WHAT A REMARKABLE SAVE BY THE ROOKIE NETMINDER!"

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Arggghhh these guys also ruined my weekend. Can't go out Saturday night now. Must watch Game 7.
****!

I thought the game was Friday. Son of a ***** I'm gonna be on a plane saturday night.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
****!

I thought the game was Friday. Son of a ***** I'm gonna be on a plane saturday night.
I'm guessing there's no wifi there?

Old
05-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Dangleberry

Quote:
****!

Slingbox + wifi.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Fanned On It

I don't know if you guys were keeping track but the amount of passes we bobble and just flat out missed was really bothersome. We couldn't even handle a cross-ice pass in the neutral zone! These guys are NHL players and they did not play at that caliber last night.

Our breakout? Terrible... why do we have all three forwards waiting at the Cap's blue-line for a tip in? Keep them closer to our zone so that our defensemen have MORE THAN ONE OPTION for an outlet pass.

And finally... Torts' ****ing line choices last night? Are you joking me? Really? Kreider has one bad game and Torts throws him under the bus and drops him to the 4th line? Really, Torts? One of our best offensive talents is playing on the 4th line and you expect us to score goals? Where the hell was Stepan? You know what worked for us? Hags-Richie-Gabby as the 1st line and Kreider-Step-Cally as the 2nd line. It makes sense.. ****ing do it!

Don't even get me started on the PP... all I can say is that I feel bad for Richards. I feel bad that he has to try to force magic with a bunch of players who have no clue about how to make a damn play.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Holtby seems to come from the Marc Andre Fleury school of goaltending. Embellishes every single glove save. And then Doc procedes to screech into the mic "GRABBED BY HOLTBY!! WHAT A REMARKABLE SAVE BY THE ROOKIE NETMINDER!"
Dude, you just look bitter posting stuff like this.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
I don't know if you guys were keeping track but the amount of passes we bobble and just flat out missed was really bothersome. We couldn't even handle a cross-ice pass in the neutral zone! These guys are NHL players and they did not play at that caliber last night.

Our breakout? Terrible... why do we have all three forwards waiting at the Cap's blue-line for a tip in? Keep them closer to our zone so that our defensemen have MORE THAN ONE OPTION for an outlet pass.

And finally... Torts' ****ing line choices last night? Are you joking me? Really? Kreider has one bad game and Torts throws him under the bus and drops him to the 4th line? Really, Torts? One of our best offensive talents is playing on the 4th line and you expect us to score goals? Where the hell was Stepan? You know what worked for us? Hags-Richie-Gabby as the 1st line and Kreider-Step-Cally as the 2nd line. It makes sense.. ****ing do it!

Don't even get me started on the PP... all I can say is that I feel bad for Richards. I feel bad that he has to try to force magic with a bunch of players who have no clue about how to make a damn play.
Especially agreed on the pass handling last night as well as the breakout. It's routinely bad. Everything else speaks for itself.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:00 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluebird View Post
Srsly. Not sure how that even works.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santini5389 View Post
Dude, you just look bitter posting stuff like this.
How so? Because I'm tired of NBC glorifying Holtby when this team allows him to see every single shot. No one is there for rebounds, no one is screening him. His save on Richards yesterday In the third is just an example. It's shot right in his glove, and then he procedes to wave his arm around as if the puck was heading for the top corner. I don't know. I just get really annoyed when goalies do that. Fleury and Holtby do it a lot. And the announcers buy it every single time.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:04 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
****!

If you happen to be flying JetBlue, they've added NBC Sports Network to their DirecTV onboard lineup.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:05 PM
folding
Rookie User

Quote:
How so? Because I'm tired of NBC glorifying Holtby when this team allows him to see every single shot. No one is there for rebounds, no one is screening him. His save on Richards yesterday In the third is just an example. It's shot right in his glove, and then he procedes to wave his arm around as if the puck was heading for the top corner. I don't know. I just get really annoyed when goalies do that. Fleury and Holtby do it a lot. And the announcers buy it every single time.
I think I must just be very used to it by now. I don't even notice.

folding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

I was on the east coast this morning and I heard Joe Beningo make a pretty astute comment: he said going into the 7th game against Ottawa he was very confident. Not as much this 7th game. Me neither,

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
I'm not saying his saves were anything special and I was saying to my dad last night that Emrick was making him out to be much better than he was as there were NO screens and he saw every shot all the way... but I didn't really notice and over-embellishing. We'll agree to disagree.