HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Workout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 11:17 AM
pucks1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Milk has a lot of sugar in it too, which is the key ingredient for greek yogurt. Not all sugar is bad though.

I try to do 2-3 greek Yogurts a day. At 18G of protein in 1 container, it's definitely an easy way to get it in. If you space it out throughout the day, that is a solid 56G of protein. Add in some big meals, a few protein shakes, and you're at 250G protein without trying too hard.

So just because I don't have a body like this (and likely never will) it must mean that I'm jealous and automatically equate his results to roids. Right?

Or... maybe I'm actually intelligent enough to decipher when someone is juicing or not.
Whatever you say.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:23 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

I'm slowly beginning to come to the conclusion none of you have worked out for an extended period of time..

There's a high price. People say how Pilates is tough. Maybe I'm mistaken, but P90X is like two or three levels above that, right? I'm just curious how it can be done for any length.

Old
05-10-2012, 11:46 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLuci View Post
I'm slowly beginning to come to the conclusion none of you have worked out for an extended period of time..

There's a high price. People say how Pilates is tough. Maybe I'm mistaken, but P90X is like two or three levels above that, right? I'm just curious how it can be done for any length.
Yes- just take a break week, your body will get used to it. but you will get results-

Old
05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucks1 View Post
Yes- just take a break week, your body will get used to it. but you will get results-
I liked your fat guy pose.

Old
05-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:

I have been working out since I was 16 or so.. I think that counts as a long time, since it is almost 20 years now.

You have to have conditioning periods where you back off the heavy lifting.. High cardio... Intense circuit training, etc. for a few weeks... Even Insanity has a week like that built into the program where you just do very light cardio and stretching.

You won't stick with this lifestyle if you don't understand how to treat your body well. If you keep pushing too hard for too long, your muscle actually begin to break down and not only will you not see any gains, you can injure yourself severely.

I've always stuck with the two month on, one month conditioning routine.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:00 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Wow. You've lifted weights for twenty years. That definitely explains your avatar. How do you do it with out getting bored. I mean lifting is addicting, but doing the same routine over and over again must really suck. Don't you get tired of eating the same things too? I had no idea you were such a pro. That's great to hear.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Wow. You've lifted weights for twenty years. That definitely explains your avatar. How do you do it with out getting bored. I mean lifting is addicting, but doing the same routine over and over again must really suck. Don't you get tired of eating the same things too? I had no idea you were such a pro. That's great to hear.
A pro? Not sure what you mean...

I haven't done the same routine for 20 yrs, so it is far from boring. I have had times where I fell off my routines and my diet wasn't clean, but I always get back to my roots.

I have gone through tons of routines... Bulk lifting, where i was up to 215 and refused to do cardio, then I did circuit training, phase loading, pyramid lifting, ultra slow lifts, even 21s... Realized in my mid twenties I didn't need to be some monster to be healthy... Focused on sculpt lifting, then moved to bodyweight training, then the last five years I have focused on cardio heavy routines with a focus on building quick twitch muscle fibers... Hill running, sprints, doing Insanity, etc.

I know so many routines that it could never be boring. The worst thing you can do is allow your body to adapt to a routine... I'm a big believer in muscle confusion.

My diet is far from boring... I have nachos, sloppy joes, pizza, etc, but I learned how to make the foods I enjoy in a healthy way.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
The worst thing you can do is allow your body to adapt to a routine... I'm a big believer in muscle confusion.
I'm going to give this a shot.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
I'm going to give this a shot.
Just gotta believe in yourself.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:34 PM
66-29-33

You NEED muscle confusion or you will likely hit a plateau. Work the same muscles, the same days every single week, you will eventually hit that dreaded plateau, and you will never see more results, this is why muscle confusion is SO important. It's all about changing it up if you want the results of your dreams.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
If it's regular yogurt, it's not vegan.
Regular yogurt, but my shake is vegan. It's the new tropical shakeology that came out in January IIRC. I'm having problems atm, i ditched the order every month and cancelled the shipments but i'm still getting them in the mail, and charged like $119 for it.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

^ How were the shakes? How much comes in each order?

Quote:
Exactly. I did a cycle of P90X a couple of years ago and went from 205, to 170lbs and was in great shape. Unfortunately I haven't worked out in almost 2 years so a couple of days ago I started my first cycle of P90X 2. Loving it so far. Very sore after the first couple of days.

Anyone else that has P90X2 want to start their cycle with me?

Old
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
^ How were the shakes? How much comes in each order?

Exactly. I did a cycle of P90X a couple of years ago and went from 205, to 170lbs and was in great shape. Unfortunately I haven't worked out in almost 2 years so a couple of days ago I started my first cycle of P90X 2. Loving it so far. Very sore after the first couple of days.

Anyone else that has P90X2 want to start their cycle with me?
I would love to, but im in the 3rd week of p90x- with a crew of 30 other people. I have x2 and it is killing not to jump striaght to it.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:49 PM
66-29-33

It's a 1 month supply. They give you enough for every day for 1 month. It's not cheap because the **** that's inside it. If you wanted to make it yourself, you need to be a pretty rich person because the ingredience are spread at different locations around the world.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
It's a 1 month supply. They give you enough for every day for 1 month. It's not cheap because the **** that's inside it.
Yeah I knew it wasn't cheap I just wanted to know if you got more then just a once a day supply.

Quote:
I would love to, but im in the 3rd week of p90x- with a crew of 30 other people. I have x2 and it is killing not to jump striaght to it.
Awesome, don't stop now.

I find P90X gets you wicked muscle, but Insanity takes your cardio to a whole other level.

I'm hoping with all the new stuff in P90X2 it will be a nice blend of both.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
I wish i knew a place here where i could do P90 training. It's a bummer doing it by yourself.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:56 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Yeah I knew it wasn't cheap I just wanted to know if you got more then just a once a day supply.

Awesome, don't stop now.

I find P90X gets you wicked muscle, but Insanity takes your cardio to a whole other level.

Yeah, just once a day.

Maybe they will make Insanity 2? you could do P90X2 mixed with Insanity 2. Become some ultra human hybrid.

Old
05-10-2012, 04:58 PM
pucks1

Quote:

Awesome, don't stop now.

I did plyocide- it dosnt touch insanity- now i use a 40lb vest during cardio days for 90x to try and keep the lungs that i have from insanity.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Yeah, just once a day.

Maybe they will make Insanity 2? you could do P90X2 mixed with Insanity 2. Become some ultra human hybrid.
I already have Insanity 2 Its called Insanity Asylum. I would have stuck with it, but there is a bunch of those shuttle run stuff where you have to lay a fabric ladder or tape squares on the ground and I don't have enough room for it yet.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
pucks1

Quote:
I already have Insanity 2 Its called Insanity Asylum. I would have stuck with it, but there is a bunch of those shuttle run stuff where you have to lay a fabric ladder or tape squares on the ground and I don't have enough room for it yet.
I want that bad! its my next purchase- i also heard about tapout xt- its supposed to be sick

Old
05-10-2012, 05:03 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
I did plyocide- it dosnt touch insanity- now i use a 40lb vest during cardio days for 90x to try and keep the lungs that i have from insanity.
Hmm figured that might also happen.

That is fine because when I was in my best shape I was doing a P90X/Insanity combo workout.

I'd do the Insanity warm up and then the weight lifting P90X videos and then whenever a stretching or cardio P90X video would be next I'd sub it for an Insanity video.

Which ab videos do you like more? I find Insanity ab videos harder, but like mixing and matching all the vids so I don't get bored/plateau.

Old
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
I want that bad! its my next purchase- i also heard about tapout xt- its supposed to be sick
Hadn't heard about Tapout XT. Looks cool, but need to see the videos first.

Have you ever tried Rushfit by GSP?

Looks sick, but I've never gotten into it.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
66-29-33

I wish I didn't have major knee surgery 10 yrs ago, I'd probably tryout insanity but that would destroy my knees. Im pretty sure my doc would laugh at me for even trying out P90X, if I even told him. Hear squishy noises in my knee when I start to bend and ignoring it I start feeling weird in the knee but I choose to ignore it. I'm not letting my knee controll my life, I'll controll my life. Had to quit playing goalie because my knee.

Last edited by 66-29-33: 05-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old
05-10-2012, 06:34 PM
AndyPipkin

^ That is rough man. Yes Insanity would obilterate your knees.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
^ That is rough man. Yes Insanity would obilterate your knees.
What's it feel like being super ripped? Being a fat man I can tell you it SUCKS! Always out of breath, constantly depressed, always eating like ****, makes you feel like **** looking in a mirror and seeing some monster from another planet. Thankfully I'm not an average Fatman, I'm only 210 and not 350 or more like the average Fatman.

Closed Thread