HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT: Nashville @ Detroit 3/21 6:30 CST

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Predshockey17

vCash: 500
I love being in Michigan when my Predators win!

Old
03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Way to go guys! Way to show your a legit contendor with the win tonight! Great game by Tomas once again!

Ah the sweet smell of victory, I'll take it any time I can get it!

03-21-2006, 09:21 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Great shootout win, thanks for stopping by Drury

Old
03-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Predonater

Great win tonight. The third period was ours to lose and we showed grit in it. Great first and third periods and a great way to start the road trip! GO PREDS!!!

Old
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Some questionable choices by both coaches tonight in the shootout (Timonen, Zidlicky, Holmstrom) but the Preds get a victory. I thought we played with Detroit stride for stride. That's not too shabby considering that they are in the midst of an incredible hotstreak and that we are playing in the second of a back-to-back.

Overall, a good effort. And hopefully this means that we look elsewhere when it comes to shootouts (NO ZIDLICKY!)

Old
03-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Predshockey17

Our shots were sick in the shootout tonight by the way.

Old
03-21-2006, 11:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Smokey, I wasn't as surprised by Zidlicky as much as Timonen, who looked downright feeble with that molasses-slow deke...but pred303 has to be right about Legwand, otherwise I'm certain he would have been used in the shootout before some of the choices we went with.

I'm surprised they don't give Johnson a shot, given his breakaway track record.

Vokoun, by his own admission, had a pretty weak shootout, but fortunately, Legace's was worse.

I think the game could be divided up pretty evenly. The Wings were getting MORE scoring chances through the first two periods, but the Preds were getting BETTER chances--horrific power plays not withstanding. Third period...we took over, and it was good to see, good OT as well.

Big two points...would have been nice to keep the one point from the Wings, but I'm just as happy to put distance between ourselves and fifth place as I am to get a little closer to the Wings.

Old
03-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

3 Wins in Joe Louis this year....

3 FREAKING WINS IN THE JLA THIS YEAR!!!!

Old
03-22-2006, 01:46 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyon
I concur.
Great test and we passed.

Old
03-22-2006, 02:34 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I was going to be mad the way the game was going...we were playing sloppy and I didn't like some of the shootout choices. But since we somehow managed to pull it together and get the win, I'm very happy.

Wow. I can't believe we got 3 wins in there, in one season!

Old
03-22-2006, 02:38 AM
JussiM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Great test and we passed.
Indeed. Downloading the game now, will be watching it shortly.

Edit: I see Hordi was scratched, how come?

Last edited by JussiM: 03-22-2006 at 02:53 AM.
Old
03-22-2006, 03:44 AM
Peter Angelo

Hey. To whoever is the guy/girl who posts those great long recaps for those unable to see the game could they please post a little recap of how our shooters tallied in the shootout? Thanks if you can help

Old
03-22-2006, 06:32 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Some questionable choices by both coaches tonight in the shootout (Timonen, Zidlicky, Holmstrom) but the Preds get a victory. (NO ZIDLICKY!)
Hasn't Zids been one of our three shooters all season? Why did that surprise you? Seems like I remember Kimo doing well in the All Star shootout a few years ago but that attempt was weak.

Old
03-22-2006, 06:34 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
does the term SIT THE EFF DOWN mean anything to these yahoos?
It does seem that the Joe, hockey mecca that it is, has awful camera angles. Whenever we play there I find myself leaning on the couch, trying to see around some bozo.

Old
03-22-2006, 07:11 AM
JussiM

Good game, and Vokoun with some major saves once again.

Old
03-22-2006, 07:45 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Smokey, I wasn't as surprised by Zidlicky as much as Timonen, who looked downright feeble with that molasses-slow deke...but pred303 has to be right about Legwand, otherwise I'm certain he would have been used in the shootout before some of the choices we went with.
I'm not suprised about Zids either, just disappointed Trotz had him out there. Since he's beaten Lalime very early on in the season, he's been terrible. I'm not sure he's really pushed the goalie at all since his first shootout. He's not a bad option, but I think Trotz can do better. Zidlicky should have came in about the time Timonen did (who shouldn't be in the shootout, period).

Timonen was just odd. He's the first to admit that he is terrible on breakaways. He had the goal in the All-Star game breakaway relay and admitted that was all he had was that one move, which didn't look all that great when he did score in the ASG. I'd much rather see a Hartnell there than Timonen.

Old
03-22-2006, 07:49 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

18 points in the last 10 games, 8-0-2, pretty good stretch for what was on paper a very difficult looking string of games.... Seven of those 10 games against playoff teams, 3 games against division leaders, 5 of the games on the road including 2 of the games against division leaders.

Old
03-22-2006, 07:58 AM
SmokeyClause

The more I watch Datsyuk's goal, the more I realize that Vokoun is probably livid with himself. Datsyuk didn't do anything, which is why the attempt is so spectacular. Vokie did what Turco did and made the first move leaving the net competely open. Unfortunately, he made the first move on about half the Detroit shooters. He knows how big of a no-no that that is yet couldn't stop himself. With players like Datsyuk who have a lot of dangle but whose wrister is good not great, i'd rather take my chances with their shot and just play deep in net. We play Detroit 2 more times. Hopefully Korn coaches Koun up on what aggressive goalies look like against great dekers.

Old
03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
handtrick

perreault will be one of our top three shootout players if we have another one before the end of the season after his return....he has owned the "gold helmet" in practice for weeks and was 4/4 in the practice that I attended.

Old
03-22-2006, 08:25 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Great win for the Predators last night. Vokoun had an excellent game (as did Manny- credit where credit is due), except for the shootout (again, same as Manny).

I have two concerns coming from last night's game: (1) obviously Legwand's status and (2) the apparent lack of effort, energy, and physical play resurfacing.

We'll know Legwand's status soon enough I'm sure. As for the other, I hope it was just the absence of Hordi, but I don't know.

I can see what Trotz was thinking by scratching Hordichuk, but I believe it was the wrong move. Hordi is more than a goon. With the changes that Trotz made to the lines several games ago, he was able to roll four lines that played with energy, effort, and a physical edge.

Last night, aside from the one hit Tootoo delivered, the biggest hit administered by a Predator was Vokoun on Malts (funny as hell, BTW). Shanny absolutely crushed Suter, and no one from the Predators decided to pick up the physical play to match.

If this team loses its physical edge, it will not make it out of the first round- not even close.

Now, the third period was encouraging from the energy (frantic, almost panic) and effort displayed, but there was still no physical play by the Preds.

Looking forward to the Anaheim game.

David

Old
03-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Ludwig Fell Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predshockey17
Our shots were sick in the shootout tonight by the way.
You got that right. I tuned in after watching another pathetic performance by the Bruins in the shootout. The Wings-Preds shootout looked like they were playing a different sport. Great win last night - Congrats.

Old
03-22-2006, 09:20 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
If Detroit wanted to win this game, they should have buried their one million chances when we took the entire second period off.

Luckily Vokoun was Vokoun and we were fired up for the third period.

Neither goaltender was spectacular in the SO, but I was very suprised to see that Manny didnt adjust better than he did. He would have let skaters rip them into that top corner all night it seemed.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead
It does seem that the Joe, hockey mecca that it is, has awful camera angles. Whenever we play there I find myself leaning on the couch, trying to see around some bozo.
Joe Louis Arena added some seats in the standing room concourse about 7-8 years ago. The people you see standing up are those people. The camera bays are lower than most arenas too, so the addition of those seats messes up some views of the game. Believe me...it isnt just annoying to other teams fans. It annoys me too.

But dont blame the "EFFING" fans for it (seamus otoole). Standing up during a play is just excitement.

Old
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy4
But dont blame the "EFFING" fans for it (seamus otoole). Standing up during a play is just excitement.
We have every right to blame opposing fans for cheering. Why should they go to a hockey game and enjoy it? Get real. It should be like a morgue like Philips Arena on any given night. That way, no one can be bothered who doesn't feel like standing up. Nothing worse than a penalty shot with 2 minutes to go and you are sitting there relaxing and the punks in front of you stand up for the shot. Just ruins the game.

Old
03-22-2006, 04:01 PM
muddycreek*

LOL LOL LOL I could not believe Erat scored on that half $$$$ attempt. It looked like one of the shots he's take in warmups. I will say this; He put it EXACTLY where everyone else put it that scored on Manny! Guess when you are weak at one spot, the opponent keeps going at it until it's stopped. I have noticed Erat practicing in front of the net with that little flip shot into the top of the net. Perhaps that's part of the reason he did it too.

Closed Thread