HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Suter

View Poll Results: Prediction: Where will Suter sign?
Nashville 16 35.56%
Detroit 14 31.11%
Minnesota 9 20.00%
Philly 0 0%
Pittsburgh 3 6.67%
Other 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Preds311

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
This is totally wrong....He has been representing himself and the Nashville Predators for years....
He is the player that the sales reps take the people to before games to talk to.. He is smooth and polished in person... He would make a fantastic politician. He is very aware of his personal image...
He just waffled on this issue and got caught in waffling/lies to fans...and then the national media pounced at the all star game.... He just got spoiled here with people giving him respect and thought he could bluff his way thru all this.. And didn't like what happened when he couldn't.
All this players are very media savvy..

All players are not media savvy. Very very wrong. Talking with fans and being bombarded with media attention which you don't get here are 2 very seperate dynamics.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:28 PM
lstcyr

Or (could it be possible?) has he just not made up his mind yet? Maybe all of what's he has said has been pretty much true. He didn't want to worry about the decision until the season was over. Now he needs to wind down from a very intense period of time when he was completely focused on the playoffs. And, finally, he and his family have to consider all of the options available to them before making a final decision. And, I'm sure, one of those options will be "this other club looks like it's willing to spend more money" but "Nashville is a nice place to live". I'm sure his wife will put in her two cents.

Last edited by lstcyr: 05-10-2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
05-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Preds311

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Or (could it be possible?) has he just not made up his mind yet? Maybe all of what's he has said has been pretty much true. He didn't want to worry about the decision until the season was over. Now he needs to wind down from a very intense period of time when he was completely focused on the playoffs. And, finally, he and his family have to consider all of the options available to them before making a final decision. And, I'm sure, one of those options will be "this other club looks like it's willing to spend more money" but "Nashville is a nice place to live". I'm sure his wife will put in her two cents.

I've been one of the only people here who think this is the case. It is a decision his family will have to weigh all pros and cons.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:34 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

I don't think he's made a decision as to where he wants to play. I do think he has made a decision in terms of him not wanting to be in Nashville anymore. And if that's the case, just tell us.

Old
05-10-2012, 02:09 PM
SupermanPahlsson

Reading this thread sucks. I honestly wish there was a way Suter and Weber could stay in Nashville. The Anaheim-Nashville rivalry is one that was really fun to watch this year, especially with our '03 picks going up against your '03 picks.

I hope Getzlaf and Perry don't give us the "run around" this coming season like Suter gave you guys this past year. That must've been brutal to watch.

Old
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanPahlsson View Post
Reading this thread sucks. I honestly wish there was a way Suter and Weber could stay in Nashville. The Anaheim-Nashville rivalry is one that was really fun to watch this year, especially with our '03 picks going up against your '03 picks.

I hope Getzlaf and Perry don't give us the "run around" this coming season like Suter gave you guys this past year. That must've been brutal to watch.
yes, I wouldn't even wish this on the Ducks fans.............Canucks, maybe, yes

Old
05-10-2012, 03:26 PM
codeman00

I'm amazed at how quick people are on here to eat their own young. As of right now, Suter has not misled anyone. Will he? I don't know...but ripping him before he's made a decision is ludicrous. How will all of the "rip on Suter" posts look if he does decide to be a Predator for the next 7+ years? Exactly. It has been documented in print that the NHLPA has advised Suter to wait until the summer even if he is going to sign with Nashville. It is in the NHLPA's best interest for him to do so....because this will inflate player salaries. He's doing what his people are telling him to do...and yet, everyone here is surprised that he won't sign and has already bet on him leaving? I must be missing something.

Believe it or not, Suter has a lot of reasons to stay here in Nashville. Its a great place to live, The money is on the table per the Preds management, Management has shown commitment to winning, we've been in the playoffs 7 out of 8 years (which shows proof of winning), and he genuinely likes his teammates. We all know that even if you go to one of the Holy Grail / Original 6 teams, there is still no guarantee that you are going to win a cup. In fact, there's no guarantee that an original 6 is going to do well at all every year...so he had better careful to where he packs his bags to for the rest of his career. Just look around at Chicago, Vancouver, Pittsburgh and Detroit this year licking their wounds well before us.

Babcock himself has said how good of a thing we have in here in Nashville with 3 All Star defensive players around a talented young nucleus. You could tell that he was jealous. I'm speaking for me...but if I was Suter, I would want to do anything I could to keep the team together. I'd get the team together with our agents and have a meeting with Poile and try to get a fair deal done that keeps everyone together and makes everyone happy. He knows that we made it to the 2nd round two years in a row and not any other team can say that....get together, cut a deal, and keep this thing going! We have no idea what he's going to say in 2 weeks!! Let's wait and see instead of ripping our guy to shreds the moment we are out of the playoffs.
-------
By the way, Detroit is a crappy city. Memphis is too. Yes I've been to both. It's easy to see how bad it is when so many Detroit people now call Nashville and other cities home. Detroit was that good, they would all still be there : )

Old
05-10-2012, 03:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds311 View Post
I've been one of the only people here who think this is the case. It is a decision his family will have to weigh all pros and cons.
Did you not read my post?

Old
05-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Preds311

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Did you not read my post?
Not had a chance to, but I assume you are in the minority here too?

Old
05-10-2012, 04:36 PM
VFL615*

It is going to be a blessing that Suter goes on his merry way. It will give the Preds a chance to get some offense. Sports stars have been doing what Suter did for years. Hold off in saying anything as much as you can until you get out of town.
Here it is in a way i hope everyone can understand. Peka signed a contract because he wanted to play for the Predators. Suter has not because he does not want to and is not coming back to Nashville. People who want to stay show it. Person showing he wants to be here= Peka. Person showing he does not want to be here=Suter.
All the family bs and blah blah is lip service. Come on people

Old
05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
luckofirish8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
It is going to be a blessing that Suter goes on his merry way. It will give the Preds a chance to get some offense. Sports stars have been doing what Suter did for years. Hold off in saying anything as much as you can until you get out of town.
Here it is in a way i hope everyone can understand. Peka signed a contract because he wanted to play for the Predators. Suter has not because he does not want to and is not coming back to Nashville. People who want to stay show it. Person showing he wants to be here= Peka. Person showing he does not want to be here=Suter.
All the family bs and blah blah is lip service. Come on people
+1

That's why as soon as he didn't sign the contract he would have hit the trade block if I ran things. I don't, of course, but Weber could be looking in the same direction in the very near future. IMO, he'd be the bigger lose.

The other thing that "upsets" me about Suter is his statement of a showing a commitment to win. The team was trying to sign to a presumably big money long term deal. Isn't that a commitment to win, or our you not sure you are good enough to help get it done?

Old
05-10-2012, 06:56 PM
predfan98

is this a conversation about suter or detroit as a city?

it's a little off topic.

interesting thing from poile's news conference... he made it sound like shea not signing to a long term contract last summer is why suter is balking?
and that "they are tied together.", that every conversation with one, involves the other..

is that someone else's take on it also?

Old
05-10-2012, 07:07 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:

it's a little off topic.

interesting thing from poile's news conference... he made it sound like shea not signing to a long term contract last summer is why suter is balking?
and that "they are tied together.", that every conversation with one, involves the other..

COuld be actually and I think if Weber balks at a multi year deal and opts for arbitration I think Suter bolts.

Old
05-10-2012, 07:18 PM
predseth

You can tell Suter is a total liar. Every question he answered yesterday started "I didn't think about that". Even to the question referencing playing with Shea. Ridiculous. I'd love him to stay; he is an elite talent. For whatever reason, he doesn't want to sign long-term here. Since he holds all the cards, he's gone.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:47 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

I think they actually want to play with each other and need each other. If Suter doesn't think Shea will be here long term then that might be why he won't sign.

Old
05-10-2012, 08:54 PM
AEM6729

Quote:

it's a little off topic.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this who got to hear it. I was working, so all I've seen is Willy's tweet, which he quoted Poile as saying:

Quote:
"I will be doing Suter and Weber's contracts together, not separately."

What does that mean??

Old
05-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
What does that mean??
It means that this offseason will determine whether we are a consistent contender for 7 years or go back into a rebuild.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:24 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on this who got to hear it. I was working, so all I've seen is Willy's tweet, which he quoted Poile as saying:

What does that mean??
to me, it sounded like poile is waiting for ryan suter to decide what $ and if he wants to stay here, and then he is going to talk to weber(if suter wants to stay), and tell him ryans deal, and see what shea wants , etc.... and work it from there.
sounded like it is a two person deal, or a no person deal...

frankly, sounds impossible..

that is why i was wondering if other people had listened to it, and what they thought about it...
it's up on the preds website now..

Old
05-10-2012, 09:52 PM
codeman00

I have a question for all of you here that are ripping Suter up and down. If he does end up signing with Nashville, are you guys going to keep up the bad attitude against him while he's playing here as a Predator? Or are you going to welcome him back and hope that you can go back and erase the comments in page 1-4 of this thread?

I realize this is a message board and we're here to discuss things like this. However, I find it ironic that the "fans" here would cheer him until his career ends if he signs with us, but right now are telling him to kiss their a$$ and to hit the road!

Suter hasn't walked yet. If he does walk, go ahead and say what you want...then. Right now, there are a lot of reasons why he just might stay.

Old
05-10-2012, 10:13 PM
NoNecksCurse

he is gone. ain't no doubt

Old
05-10-2012, 11:10 PM
cleangene

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
I have a question for all of you here that are ripping Suter up and down. If he does end up signing with Nashville, are you guys going to keep up the bad attitude against him while he's playing here as a Predator? Or are you going to welcome him back and hope that you can go back and erase the comments in page 1-4 of this thread?

I realize this is a message board and we're here to discuss things like this. However, I find it ironic that the "fans" here would cheer him until his career ends if he signs with us, but right now are telling him to kiss their a$$ and to hit the road!

Suter hasn't walked yet. If he does walk, go ahead and say what you want...then. Right now, there are a lot of reasons why he just might stay.
To me, his constant "I love Nashville" speeches echoed with every early question about him signing up long term. Then, his lackluster play early this season, followed by his dynamic press conference during the ASG, is what has soured me on having #20 back. There would be happiness should he come back, but it doesn't seem his heart is here, nor has it been for awhile.

Old
05-11-2012, 12:06 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post

It's fine if he leaves, just as long as it isn't to the Wings. If he really wants to be near home, he will go to Minny or Chicago.

Old
05-11-2012, 06:03 AM
headsigh
leave at once!

On-topic, if he stays he stays, if not, he put in a lot of work for this team (even if it were not exactly quality work near the end). wish him the best.

Last edited by TMI: 05-14-2012 at 10:41 AM. Reason: it's being handled
Old
05-11-2012, 09:20 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Notice over on the trade board that someone says Jason Botchford (Canucks beat guy) said that the scuttlebutt is that Suter has a short list of teams he's willing to play for, and Nashville isn't on it.

Old
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Notice over on the trade board that someone says Jason Botchford (Canucks beat guy) said that the scuttlebutt is that Suter has a short list of teams he's willing to play for, and Nashville isn't on it.
At this point, I'll be (gladly) shocked if Suter stays. In addition, I'll be equally shocked if Weber signs a multi-year deal here under $8/year.

Closed Thread