HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leonsis laments

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 07:53 AM
TomHBlain

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TomHBlain
Leonsis laments

LINK

Our game against the Caps comes at an interesting time. The Owner is going off on how bad the team is and says trades will happen. He wants defenseman (meaning Gonchar won't be traded most likely) and the Wings definitely have defensemen. I dont know if we are willing to part with the type that he wants though, (especially with injuries).

Dandy's name comes up from every Wing fan when someone mentions defensemen, but what are the chances we will get value for him? Wooley I guess has potential to get something, and maybe even a step further, Schnieder.

I won't go though the useless exercise of creating a mock-trade though...always hated when someone posted something like LANG+1st rounder DANDY, DEVEREAUX, WOOLEY... WOULD WASHINGTON DO IT?

Old
11-24-2003, 08:49 AM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I think Dandeneult's value is underestimated. He doesn't cost a whole lot and has shown in the past that he's capable of logging around 20 minutes. I think he could bring in something pretty decent. In any event, I think he'd be worth far more than Woolley but less than Schneider.

I question whether Detroit would be willing to deal a blueliner right now, though. With Hatcher down, the Wings are one more injury away from sending Jamie Rivers out on an every day basis. Does anyone want to see Woolley-Rivers as our third pairing? I sure as hell don't.

If the Wings make any deals, I'm expecting picks/prospects/bottom 6 forward for another team's salary dump. I think picks and cash will speak loudly this season, though.

Closed Thread